Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the forum. 16:54 - Feb 11 with 22565 viewsFrimleyBlue

Thanks for twtd for the tweet however I've had threats against my family so that's me done.

Enjoy all

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Have the forum. on 16:57 - Feb 11 with 8504 viewsdavblue

I don’t agree with 95% of what you say but that’s bang out of order.
Have the forum. on 16:58 - Feb 11 with 8505 viewsSitfcB

Course you have.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Have the forum. on 17:00 - Feb 11 with 8442 viewsJ2BLUE

I hope you report them to the police then as that is out of order.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Have the forum. on 17:14 - Feb 11 with 8246 viewsMK1

If that is true, then you need to report it to the Police. We may not always agree on all things Ipswich, but I would never threaten or wish ill on anyone. Take care and report it.
Have the forum. on 17:19 - Feb 11 with 8155 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Have the forum. on 16:58 - Feb 11 by SitfcB

Course you have.

I would suggest it is plausible that he could have done. As already replied, if he has then he should report them to the police, especially if he feels there is any remote plausibility to them.

Whilst I disagree with a lot of what he posts and have criticised the volume of his output on here too, I would certainly not want to have had a day like he has had on here. As Phil stated, I believe he is a genuine Town fan and does not desire to cause upset to a player. Hopefully he will reflect on today and moderate some of his behaviour as a number of have suggested.

I would also hope that players' families will recognise there will always be some who criticise and read the wider context and the many who argue against the ridiculous takes. If one poster has had that effect on Burns' parents, I would hate to think the impact on a few other players' families reading here could have. There are some players get more criticism from far more quarters and some of it is more than just debating a poor performance.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Have the forum. on 17:23 - Feb 11 with 8112 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Took you off ignore for this. We might not see eye to eye, but thats completely unacceptable.
Get screenshots of everything and get the plod involved.

People threatening that kind of stuff via message never have to balls or desire to carry it out, but the impact on you is the real effect. Get it reported.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Have the forum. on 17:24 - Feb 11 with 8091 views44_not_out

Have the forum. on 17:19 - Feb 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would suggest it is plausible that he could have done. As already replied, if he has then he should report them to the police, especially if he feels there is any remote plausibility to them.

Whilst I disagree with a lot of what he posts and have criticised the volume of his output on here too, I would certainly not want to have had a day like he has had on here. As Phil stated, I believe he is a genuine Town fan and does not desire to cause upset to a player. Hopefully he will reflect on today and moderate some of his behaviour as a number of have suggested.

I would also hope that players' families will recognise there will always be some who criticise and read the wider context and the many who argue against the ridiculous takes. If one poster has had that effect on Burns' parents, I would hate to think the impact on a few other players' families reading here could have. There are some players get more criticism from far more quarters and some of it is more than just debating a poor performance.

Genuine question….. If nobody knows anyone’s name and address etc, how can any threats be considered a risk?
Have the forum. on 17:26 - Feb 11 with 8031 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Have the forum. on 17:24 - Feb 11 by 44_not_out

Genuine question….. If nobody knows anyone’s name and address etc, how can any threats be considered a risk?

It's not about the risk is it? It's about the mental impact of the threats.
This isn't something that should be dismissed so easily if its happened

Login to get fewer ads

Have the forum. on 17:27 - Feb 11 with 7992 viewsblueasfook

Apparently some people know Frimmers real name. I wish I hadn't used my real name for my twtd moniker now.

Dave Blueasfook

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Have the forum. on 17:28 - Feb 11 with 7979 viewsPhilTWTD

If you let me know who has made threats against your family, they'll no longer be welcome on the site.
Have the forum. on 17:29 - Feb 11 with 7932 views44_not_out

Have the forum. on 17:26 - Feb 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

It's not about the risk is it? It's about the mental impact of the threats.
This isn't something that should be dismissed so easily if its happened

Ah, the mental impact…. Fair point

It’s a bit like continually making negative comments against players. Sorry couldn’t resist
Have the forum. on 17:30 - Feb 11 with 7899 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There are some who do know too. Some are far less careful about their identities than others. Aside from 1 who has dm'd me in the past and I know who he is from that, I know who at least 2 others are. Frimley will probably know whether it is a random comment or has any possible plausibility to it.

Some people will.... on 17:32 - Feb 11 with 7855 viewsBloots

...go out of their way to try and find out another posters identity.

I've had a poster on here trying to find out who I am by asking around via PMs.

There's some right obsessive weirdos around.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Have the forum. on 17:32 - Feb 11 with 7845 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Have the forum. on 17:29 - Feb 11 by 44_not_out

It’s a bit like continually making negative comments against players. Sorry couldn’t resist

Don't be a tool.

Have the forum. on 17:32 - Feb 11 with 7850 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Have the forum. on 17:27 - Feb 11 by blueasfook

Apparently some people know Frimmers real name. I wish I hadn't used my real name for my twtd moniker now.

Dave Blueasfook

At least they don't know your first name.

Don't tell them that, Dave!

You should probably step away from this discussion now. (n/t) on 17:33 - Feb 11 with 7812 viewsBloots

Have the forum. on 17:29 - Feb 11 by 44_not_out

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Have the forum. on 17:34 - Feb 11 with 7826 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sorry to read this Frimmers. I didn't really get a chance to contribute much to the thread due to other commitments, but Moral Majority and Needham got it spot on imo.

Report any threats to yourself or your family. Anyone who has done this is utter scum.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Have the forum. on 17:34 - Feb 11 with 7797 viewsBiGDonnie

Course you have.

Can confirm it wasn’t me.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

You should probably step away from this discussion now. (n/t) on 17:34 - Feb 11 with 7793 viewsJ2BLUE

You should probably step away from this discussion now. (n/t) on 17:33 - Feb 11 by Bloots

45_out

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Some people will.... on 17:35 - Feb 11 with 7759 viewsblueasfook

Some people will.... on 17:32 - Feb 11 by Bloots

...go out of their way to try and find out another posters identity.

I've had a poster on here trying to find out who I am by asking around via PMs.

There's some right obsessive weirdos around.

Wow, I had a stalker on here years ago which got quite serious.

There are some oddballs out there. Have to say though all the TWTDers I have got to know in person over the years have been lovely.

Have the forum. on 17:37 - Feb 11 with 7702 viewsGlasgowBlue

Some posters will trawl social network, look for articles in newspapers etc. The share it around their obsessive little clique. Had it done to me. Badger also had his wedding photos shared around by another clique.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Have the forum. on 17:37 - Feb 11 with 7686 viewsDubtractor

You're a tedious troll, but anyone who has done that is scum of the highest order.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Have the forum. on 17:42 - Feb 11 with 7563 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Course you have.

If you don’t believe him fair enough but suggest this isn’t a great reply either. A bunch of up arrows to it as well when some bloke has said he’s had threats against his family. Unless someone is a known liar rather than having strong opinions you disagree with, would like to think people might take things seriously before being instantly dismissive.
Have the forum. on 17:44 - Feb 11 with 7512 viewsblueasfook

Have the forum. on 17:32 - Feb 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

At least they don't know your first name.

Don't tell them that, Dave!

Oh bum. My dog will probably be kidnapped tonight

Have the forum. on 17:55 - Feb 11 with 7374 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Have the forum. on 17:34 - Feb 11 by GlasgowBlue

Sorry to read this Frimmers. I didn't really get a chance to contribute much to the thread due to other commitments, but Moral Majority and Needham got it spot on imo.

Report any threats to yourself or your family. Anyone who has done this is utter scum.

What thread?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024