Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the forum. 16:54 - Feb 11 with 22881 viewsFrimleyBlue

Thanks for twtd for the tweet however I've had threats against my family so that's me done.

Enjoy all

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Have the forum. on 10:53 - Feb 12 with 2857 viewshype313

Have the forum. on 10:04 - Feb 12 by MJallday

Just to put myself out of the running . It wasn’t me

I don’t agree with 99% of his posts and frankly most of his posts on here are nothing short of incendiary clickbait , which I largely ignore - but going after his family and making personal
Comments is beyond the pale.

It’s a shame anyone has to suffer this type of abuse, so shame on those that have done that .

I put him on ignore a while back, not because he was inflammatory or rude, but his incessant posting about things like the growing of the grass and color of paint in the ground etc was becoming tiresome (I dread to think was his employment status was/is, as whoever employs him won't be getting bang for their buck)

His disdain over Wes has been a long running theme, and whilst we can all say player x had a bad game, he seemed relentless, obviously never changed.

Whilst getting threats is way over the top and bang out of order, all he needed to do was tone it down a notch.

Think a break for him would do him the world of good for a bit of self reflection, bringing TWTD into the mix is also going over the line.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Some people will.... on 11:05 - Feb 12 with 2754 viewsfarkenhell

Some people will.... on 10:13 - Feb 12 by MJallday

Every poster I’ve met from here has been a delight to meet in real life.

You've obviously never met me!
Have the forum. on 12:09 - Feb 12 with 2615 viewsMedblue

Have the forum. on 19:58 - Feb 11 by NeedhamChris

It's not a popular opinion, but I think this is an embarrassing take. Offensive negativity? Disgraceful?

The man has been played here x100 rather than the ball.

It's just an opportunity for people to pile on, and if Wes Burns dad is saying no action is required then who are you and everyone else to dictate otherwise.

Spot on. It was an embarrassing post.
Have the forum. on 13:35 - Feb 12 with 2415 viewsSWBlue22

Have the forum. on 09:39 - Feb 12 by PhilTWTD

I don't believe he was bullied, indeed I've stepped in when I've felt other posters have crossed a mark when criticising him.

Which is fair enough and that’s how it should be.
Pretty sure he’d got up to…. on 14:34 - Feb 12 with 2285 viewsblueasfook

Pretty sure he’d got up to…. on 22:58 - Feb 11 by Bloots

….Bluefish09 at one stage back in the Rivals days,

It was a bit easier to make a comeback then.

Rivals had a backdoor where if you got banned from one site, you just logged in via another portal and then hopped back to the site you'd been banned from. I used it to taunt Bilverstone after he tried to ban me from Canary Corner many times. I also posted the hack on twtd rivals page so all the posters he had banned suddenly reappeared on Canary Corner. Ah TWTD!

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Pretty sure he’d got up to…. on 14:38 - Feb 12 with 2276 viewsbaxterbasics

Pretty sure he’d got up to…. on 14:34 - Feb 12 by blueasfook

Rivals had a backdoor where if you got banned from one site, you just logged in via another portal and then hopped back to the site you'd been banned from. I used it to taunt Bilverstone after he tried to ban me from Canary Corner many times. I also posted the hack on twtd rivals page so all the posters he had banned suddenly reappeared on Canary Corner. Ah TWTD!

Is there an archive anywhere of the Rivals board? I first started posting in the latter stages of that period.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Pretty sure he’d got up to…. on 15:23 - Feb 12 with 2151 viewsGavTWTD

When Rivals started, there was no registration, you could just post as anyone you wanted. Madness.

But before then of course we had the wwwboard thread mode which would break when 2 people posted at the same time.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Pretty sure he’d got up to…. on 15:24 - Feb 12 with 2126 viewsMJallday

Pretty sure he’d got up to…. on 15:23 - Feb 12 by GavTWTD

When Rivals started, there was no registration, you could just post as anyone you wanted. Madness.

But before then of course we had the wwwboard thread mode which would break when 2 people posted at the same time.

Wasn’t that the same with the “yahoo” one?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Login to get fewer ads

Pretty sure he’d got up to…. on 15:37 - Feb 12 with 2068 viewsgainsboroughblue

Pretty sure he’d got up to…. on 14:38 - Feb 12 by baxterbasics

Is there an archive anywhere of the Rivals board? I first started posting in the latter stages of that period.

Same. I think I started posting in the latter half of the 5th place Prem season. I took a long time to buy into the internet age.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Have the forum. on 15:40 - Feb 12 with 2042 viewsBlueschev

Have the forum. on 22:11 - Feb 11 by GlasgowBlue

I'm just glad Gwion Edwards dad didn't post on here back in Fishers day.

Or Leadbitter Sr!
Pretty sure he’d got up to…. on 15:42 - Feb 12 with 2027 viewsGavTWTD

Pretty sure he’d got up to…. on 15:24 - Feb 12 by MJallday

Wasn’t that the same with the “yahoo” one?

I don't remember a yahoo one.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Pretty sure he’d got up to…. on 15:44 - Feb 12 with 2000 viewsMJallday

Pretty sure he’d got up to…. on 15:42 - Feb 12 by GavTWTD

I don't remember a yahoo one.

I’m sure there was an Ipswich town yahoo one

I’ve had a couple of beers though so I might be misremembering

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Have the forum. on 16:23 - Feb 12 with 1862 viewspointofblue

Have the forum. on 09:33 - Feb 12 by PhilTWTD

I've told Frimmers if he tells me who issued that threat we'll ban them and that if he plans to take any further action regarding it we'll do anything we can to assist him.

Deleted FB's account last night as I think a line is crossed when a player's family is upset by someone's posting and as, someone said, he caused reputational damage to TWTD. Also I really don't need the hassle of dealing with it, it wastes my time and gets me down.

I have to say I wasn't aware that the line had been crossed, perhaps as the posts in question were usually on a matchday when I was otherwise engaged and not looking at the forum. Seems one or two people had concerns - from posts and PMs I've received - but without alerting us to them.

It would be appreciated if people have similar concerns that posters may have crossed lines regarding individual players in future that they mention them to us. We don't want players and their families - a number of whom I've got to know via the forum over the years - feeling they can't come on the site.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I feel a bit... bad... for posting this - firstly as it in disagreement with the above, and no doubt you want to move on, and secondly it seems against the general opinion of the forum, but I feel this is slightly off.

Perhaps I didn't see every post FB made, but to me he never made it personal against Burns. He never criticised his character, or called him out for his behaviour. He seemed solely critical on his ability on the pitch. Other players have suffered and will no doubt suffer from that. Jackson seems a particularly favoured punchbag on here but, perhaps because more posters have this point of view, it's not called out. Maybe him not being a regular starter helps, but it became pretty vicious post Preston. If a family member of Jackson's posted on social media about dislike on TWTD I don't think we, as a group, would have a leg to stand on. Or, in terms of management, Lambert from around October of his first full season onwards - the criticism became prevalent from many. Can imagine his family would have been upset, reading that.

Football fans will always criticise management and players performance, whether fairly or unfairly. Where's the line? When one poster seems focused on them compared to the majority of the fanbase?

There is a definite balance to get right, and it's difficult to do so. I don't envy you one little bit.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Have the forum. on 16:35 - Feb 12 with 1801 viewsRyorry

Have the forum. on 16:23 - Feb 12 by pointofblue

I feel a bit... bad... for posting this - firstly as it in disagreement with the above, and no doubt you want to move on, and secondly it seems against the general opinion of the forum, but I feel this is slightly off.

Perhaps I didn't see every post FB made, but to me he never made it personal against Burns. He never criticised his character, or called him out for his behaviour. He seemed solely critical on his ability on the pitch. Other players have suffered and will no doubt suffer from that. Jackson seems a particularly favoured punchbag on here but, perhaps because more posters have this point of view, it's not called out. Maybe him not being a regular starter helps, but it became pretty vicious post Preston. If a family member of Jackson's posted on social media about dislike on TWTD I don't think we, as a group, would have a leg to stand on. Or, in terms of management, Lambert from around October of his first full season onwards - the criticism became prevalent from many. Can imagine his family would have been upset, reading that.

Football fans will always criticise management and players performance, whether fairly or unfairly. Where's the line? When one poster seems focused on them compared to the majority of the fanbase?

There is a definite balance to get right, and it's difficult to do so. I don't envy you one little bit.

I think you're overlooking the difference between the sheer volume of Frimmers' stuff, which was a relentless outpouring over a incredibly long time; and criticisms of other players or managers which were *comparatively* less frequent over a shorter timespan.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Have the forum. on 16:39 - Feb 12 with 1782 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I don't think that Lambert, Jackson and others have had grief on the forum is really much of a defence.

And with those others, no-one has banged on about them for 3 years.

At the end of the day, if a player's father has been moved to post about it then we have to respect that it's bothered him whether we think it's fair or not. I wouldn't want any players, or family of players, to be upset from any comments on here. I see Broady's mum excitedly tweets about her son; I'd be gutted if she'd been saddened by things said about him.

You can criticise players and the team, particularly in the heat of the moment, but there's a line most of us are able to recognise. It's not really that difficult to be nice.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Have the forum. on 16:43 - Feb 12 with 1743 viewsBlueschev

Have the forum. on 16:39 - Feb 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't think that Lambert, Jackson and others have had grief on the forum is really much of a defence.

And with those others, no-one has banged on about them for 3 years.

At the end of the day, if a player's father has been moved to post about it then we have to respect that it's bothered him whether we think it's fair or not. I wouldn't want any players, or family of players, to be upset from any comments on here. I see Broady's mum excitedly tweets about her son; I'd be gutted if she'd been saddened by things said about him.

You can criticise players and the team, particularly in the heat of the moment, but there's a line most of us are able to recognise. It's not really that difficult to be nice.

If it was my dad he'd be the one on here saying how crap I was!
Have the forum. on 16:43 - Feb 12 with 1740 viewsnodge_blue

As someone who has criticised Jackson - I have always been analytical and backed points up. It's never personal. I don't go and post on twitter directly to him that he needs to up his game or whatever.

So I don't accept your point that TWTD wouldn't have a leg to stand on. You cant take opinions out of the game. It's just up to people to recognise that there are lines of decency to adhere to.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Have the forum. on 16:49 - Feb 12 with 1679 viewsDJR

Have the forum. on 16:43 - Feb 12 by Blueschev

If it was my dad he'd be the one on here saying how crap I was!

Pretty sure he’d got up to…. on 16:53 - Feb 12 with 1659 viewsGlasgowBlue

I remember when Lowie gave you and I his password and we were both posting as Lowie on the same day.

I think he eventually got banned for making a comment about a former player's girlfriend's big thighs.
[Post edited 12 Feb 16:53]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Have the forum. on 16:54 - Feb 12 with 1652 viewsNeedhamChris

Have the forum. on 09:39 - Feb 12 by PhilTWTD

I don't believe he was bullied, indeed I've stepped in when I've felt other posters have crossed a mark when criticising him.

It's a difficult one - if you looked at the % of posts certain users engage with overall and then compare that with their engagement with Frimley's specifically, I'm pretty sure you'd find vastly increased ratios of engagement. So rather than ignore - some went out of their way at every opportunity to engage and then complain at the resulting conversation. Herd mentality at it's worst at times on here.

That's not to say I think you/TWTD are responsible for that - it must be impossible to be on top of everything. But there are some regulars on here who seem to have enjoyed 'educating' Frimley far too much.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Have the forum. on 16:58 - Feb 12 with 1617 viewspointofblue

Have the forum. on 16:43 - Feb 12 by nodge_blue

As someone who has criticised Jackson - I have always been analytical and backed points up. It's never personal. I don't go and post on twitter directly to him that he needs to up his game or whatever.

So I don't accept your point that TWTD wouldn't have a leg to stand on. You cant take opinions out of the game. It's just up to people to recognise that there are lines of decency to adhere to.

In FB's defence, he was generally analytical and backed points up (to start with) when it came to Burns. It wasn't ever personal, it was about it's approach as a footballer - one I happen to disagree with myself.

As far as we're aware - at least from what he said - he didn't go on social media and contact Burns directly. Someone else did, Burns responded, a fan then (understandably) question why a fellow 'support' would contact the player in the first place, and then his father followed it up with a post with called out FB.

To others - my reference to Jackson and Lambert is they has/had been more persistent and widespread criticism on the forum than Burns, who was more of an obsession from one poster. I think Lambert's was more like two years, which only stopped because he was sacked. I'm sure every family member would be upset on behalf of their relative had they looked at social media; the rights and wrongs can certainly be argued but it happens.

I accept, maybe I missed posts where FB did cross the lines of decency. I hold my hands up and acknowledge perhaps I have too. Maybe something for me to learn from as well. The whole things leaves me feeling uncomfortable.

Have the forum. on 17:19 - Feb 12 with 1518 viewsRobTheMonk

Have the forum. on 16:54 - Feb 12 by NeedhamChris

It's a difficult one - if you looked at the % of posts certain users engage with overall and then compare that with their engagement with Frimley's specifically, I'm pretty sure you'd find vastly increased ratios of engagement. So rather than ignore - some went out of their way at every opportunity to engage and then complain at the resulting conversation. Herd mentality at it's worst at times on here.

That's not to say I think you/TWTD are responsible for that - it must be impossible to be on top of everything. But there are some regulars on here who seem to have enjoyed 'educating' Frimley far too much.

This tweet has left a sour taste in my mouth too. This DM to Wes was unrelated to Frimmers but has got thrown in with Frimmers’ opinion on Burns’ performance on the pitch.

I never had an issue with his posts. I’d either ignore his or comment, generally disagreeing, sometimes agreeing.

Feels very thought police to me (fully expecting downvotes, but heyho).
[Post edited 12 Feb 17:27]
Have the forum. on 17:21 - Feb 12 with 1506 viewsnodge_blue

Have the forum. on 16:58 - Feb 12 by pointofblue

In FB's defence, he was generally analytical and backed points up (to start with) when it came to Burns. It wasn't ever personal, it was about it's approach as a footballer - one I happen to disagree with myself.

As far as we're aware - at least from what he said - he didn't go on social media and contact Burns directly. Someone else did, Burns responded, a fan then (understandably) question why a fellow 'support' would contact the player in the first place, and then his father followed it up with a post with called out FB.

To others - my reference to Jackson and Lambert is they has/had been more persistent and widespread criticism on the forum than Burns, who was more of an obsession from one poster. I think Lambert's was more like two years, which only stopped because he was sacked. I'm sure every family member would be upset on behalf of their relative had they looked at social media; the rights and wrongs can certainly be argued but it happens.

I accept, maybe I missed posts where FB did cross the lines of decency. I hold my hands up and acknowledge perhaps I have too. Maybe something for me to learn from as well. The whole things leaves me feeling uncomfortable.

There are fine lines. I read the twitter post and it wasn't abusive. But its was unnecessary and what was it ever going to achieve? Burns is hardly likely to go oh yeah Frimmers is right I had better realise its the business end of the season and press my magic its the end of the season booster button.

Players and managers need time and support. But neither is limitless. Look at the Sheff Wed owner. Im sure he has had a shed load of abuse. But sometimes fans vent at poorly run football clubs and their owners. What else can they do? And I think letting feelings be known is absolutely fair enough. But it has to not cross lines of decency / family members etc.

We were all booing the referee on Saturday. He was probably quite upset about that too. Im sure his family wouldn't have liked that if they were there. (actually I had a half uncle who had death threats off Man Utd fans for sending off George Best).

Clearly death threats are another thing, which I wrote as an aside. But my point is we cant sanitise football entirely or we might as well stop playing sport.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Have the forum. on 17:24 - Feb 12 with 1472 viewspointofblue

Have the forum. on 17:21 - Feb 12 by nodge_blue

There are fine lines. I read the twitter post and it wasn't abusive. But its was unnecessary and what was it ever going to achieve? Burns is hardly likely to go oh yeah Frimmers is right I had better realise its the business end of the season and press my magic its the end of the season booster button.

Players and managers need time and support. But neither is limitless. Look at the Sheff Wed owner. Im sure he has had a shed load of abuse. But sometimes fans vent at poorly run football clubs and their owners. What else can they do? And I think letting feelings be known is absolutely fair enough. But it has to not cross lines of decency / family members etc.

We were all booing the referee on Saturday. He was probably quite upset about that too. Im sure his family wouldn't have liked that if they were there. (actually I had a half uncle who had death threats off Man Utd fans for sending off George Best).

Clearly death threats are another thing, which I wrote as an aside. But my point is we cant sanitise football entirely or we might as well stop playing sport.

I agree, which is why I'm uncomfortable about Phil deleting FB's account. Additionally, I don't think it was him who sent the message directly to Burns on social media?

Pretty sure he’d got up to…. on 17:32 - Feb 12 with 1420 viewsblueasfook

Pretty sure he’d got up to…. on 16:53 - Feb 12 by GlasgowBlue

I remember when Lowie gave you and I his password and we were both posting as Lowie on the same day.

I think he eventually got banned for making a comment about a former player's girlfriend's big thighs.
[Post edited 12 Feb 16:53]

Lowie was a good poster. I don't remember his final misdemeanour that got him banned. You have a better memory than me!

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024