Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen 09:27 - May 21 with 35866 viewsitfcjoe

Rob Edwards seems to be the only name mentioned yet so presume there is something in that

If we want the most continuity I would be doing what it takes to get Michael Carrick out of Boro, he signed a new deal a week or so back and very bought into the project there but I really like him too. Very tough deal to do I imagine.

I think the Pl may be a step too far, but had we stayed down I'd have been all over Danny Rohl, he strikes me as the most McKenna like as a career coach, great experience and done a fantastic job at Sheff Weds, really impressive and seems to 'get it' judging by their fan base.

Also, another name not seen mentioned much is Steve Cooper, did really well in the mad house that is Nottingham Forest, great developer of young players and good PL experience.

I've seen a few say Graham Potter but he feels unrealistic when you see the jobs linked with, is still being paid an exorbitant amount by Chelsea so not sure we'd have the clout to attract him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:47 - May 21 with 1970 viewsGlasgowBlue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:37 - May 21 by WeirdFishes

I like Moyes but don’t think he’s right for us right now. As far as I can think every job he’s taken has already been an established PL side which he has usually progressed.

I'd rather we had somebody similar to McKenna and come back down than Moyes or somebody like him making up the numbers in the Premier League.

We have a project and an identity.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:47 - May 21 with 1969 viewspointofblue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:29 - May 21 by textbackup

Based on what?

On how much it’d irritate Mach?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:48 - May 21 with 1957 viewsBiGDonnie

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:54 - May 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

Thoughts on Will Still ? Managed in a top flight before. Well spoken, intelligent, multi lingual coach.

But I would also be for Carrick. Think he is the best option to continue the club in a similar way.

Either of these two for me.

Joe said Carrick recently signed a new deal whereas Still is a free agent.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:48 - May 21 with 1968 viewsPhilTWTD

Think there is something in Edwards as one on the list as heard his name from people who do know stuff but will be other names as well.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:51 - May 21 with 1906 viewsITFC_Forever

I also really like Cifuentes at QPR - worked with what he had (bu99er all), tried to get them playing good football, but was equally pragmatic when situation required.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:53 - May 21 with 1874 viewsBiGDonnie

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:48 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

Think there is something in Edwards as one on the list as heard his name from people who do know stuff but will be other names as well.

If you had to put money on it, would you say KMs going or staying?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:54 - May 21 with 1858 viewsnrb1985

You'd hope that the "data dashboard" would also highlight the next potential Iraola or Glasner too - not just the names mentioned in the OP.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:14 - May 21 with 1754 viewsHackneyblueboy

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:48 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

Are we getting to a stage where needing to start approaching managers?
Login to get fewer ads

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:17 - May 21 with 1733 viewscressi

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:33 - May 21 by Keno

I still wonder about Aluko

Liam Manning wouldn't be a bad shout

Manning would be a shocking shout apart from his ipswich past links why on earth would you.
Edwards not for me either lost more than his won although I no a lot came this season.
Think probably Cooper, Potter or even Moyes although the football under Moyes would be like McCarthey ,Mourino is available
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:18 - May 21 with 1721 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:47 - May 21 by pointofblue

On how much it’d irritate Mach?

No need to call me out. Ask me directly what your issue is and I'll help you out.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:20 - May 21 with 1701 viewscressi

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:53 - May 21 by yorkshireblue

Lee Grant...

Hugh Grant
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:27 - May 21 with 1641 viewsbluesbrothers

If people who "do know stuff" are putting names for replacements out there, McKenna leaving must be good as done?
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:27 - May 21 with 1638 viewssantiagosentme

John Terry is going to be the next big manager but whether he's ready for the prem with a newly promoted team yet is debatable but I really think he has huge potential, he's been learning, doing his badges and taking time working as an assistant in some top jobs. Worth a risk at championship level but not sure right now. Vincent Kompany, Graham Potter, Steve Cooper, Rosenior, the Brighton assistant manager or maybe even Martyn Pert? He knows the players the play style how we train etc either way I hope McKenna stays but I also trust the club to find the right successor they will have been planning for this for a while now and no doubt have a very good shortlist.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:28 - May 21 with 1626 viewsportmanking

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:27 - May 21 by santiagosentme

John Terry is going to be the next big manager but whether he's ready for the prem with a newly promoted team yet is debatable but I really think he has huge potential, he's been learning, doing his badges and taking time working as an assistant in some top jobs. Worth a risk at championship level but not sure right now. Vincent Kompany, Graham Potter, Steve Cooper, Rosenior, the Brighton assistant manager or maybe even Martyn Pert? He knows the players the play style how we train etc either way I hope McKenna stays but I also trust the club to find the right successor they will have been planning for this for a while now and no doubt have a very good shortlist.

John Terry? He's going to be the next Wayne Rooney. To be a modern-day manager you need to have intellect and man management skills. Something Terry lacks in both departments.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:30 - May 21 with 1590 viewsGuthrum

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:27 - May 21 by bluesbrothers

If people who "do know stuff" are putting names for replacements out there, McKenna leaving must be good as done?

Depends upon the question asked. If it was "Who might replace McKenna if he leaves?", that's different to "Who are they considering to replace McKenna?".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:31 - May 21 with 1581 viewsKeno

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:20 - May 21 by cressi

Hugh Grant

Hugh Jars

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:35 - May 21 with 1509 viewspointofblue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:18 - May 21 by Mach_foreignBlue

No need to call me out. Ask me directly what your issue is and I'll help you out.

You have a well known issue with the likes of Chambers and Skuse, and raise it pretty often. No more than that. It was meant in jest, so apologies if offence taken.

Though, if you don’t mind me asking - are the ‘proper blokes’ etc digs down to them being mainstays of McCarthy’s team, and you weren’t a fan of him as manager, or because of the way we went down/subsequently performed in League One? Or a mix of both?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:41 - May 21 with 1476 viewsTheSweeny

Why no report then?

Is TWTD "independent", or not?

Do you think KmK leaves?
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:43 - May 21 with 1439 viewspointofblue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:41 - May 21 by TheSweeny

Why no report then?

Is TWTD "independent", or not?

Do you think KmK leaves?

No report because we have a manager in post. From memory, they’re only written if there’s a vacancy.

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:46 - May 21 with 1407 viewsburnbudgiesburn

I'm not sure we'd be able to get Carrick. He's installed at a comparable sized club, lives in his native NE and we'd be favourites to be back at the level he is already at within 12 months.

Rob Edwards is a strange one, he played a completely different style of football at Forest Green to he does at Luton. He's said to be loved by players who have worked under him though and that he's very empathetic and gets the best out of every player.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:50 - May 21 with 1359 viewsVic

I'd really push the boat out to get Potter.

Like all of you I can't help feel that everyone else would be either a backwards step or too big a risk at this point.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:05 - May 21 with 1268 viewstractordownsouth

Danny Rohl would be my pick. Similar elite coaching background to McKenna and seems to relish a challenge. That Wednesday squad was absolute garbage and he had so much instability around him, he would be unfazed at the prospect of trying to keep us up after what he did there.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:08 - May 21 with 1241 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:05 - May 21 by tractordownsouth

Danny Rohl would be my pick. Similar elite coaching background to McKenna and seems to relish a challenge. That Wednesday squad was absolute garbage and he had so much instability around him, he would be unfazed at the prospect of trying to keep us up after what he did there.

We'd have to pay 10m compensation to get him and his team apparently. Chansiri is a total liability but if you were a Wednesday fan you would have to say that is the best bit of work he's ever done.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:10 - May 21 with 1217 viewsBossy

Potter (very unlikely)
Carrick (continuity)
Cifuentes (somewhat unlikely)
Rohl (a punt)

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:10 - May 21 with 1215 viewsSteve_M

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:08 - May 21 by burnbudgiesburn

We'd have to pay 10m compensation to get him and his team apparently. Chansiri is a total liability but if you were a Wednesday fan you would have to say that is the best bit of work he's ever done.

Or just wait until mid-season when Chansiri sacks him because they aren't top two......

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024