Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes out for "a few months" 21:23 - Oct 6 with 2992 viewsScottCandage

[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 21:23]
Downes out for "a few months" on 21:27 - Oct 6 with 2489 viewsFixed_It

Is it a couple or a few? They mean different things.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Downes out for "a few months" on 21:30 - Oct 6 with 2412 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Also Ward out this weekend but not too bad.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Downes out for "a few months" on 21:32 - Oct 6 with 2374 viewsclive_baker

Downes out for "a few months" on 21:27 - Oct 6 by Fixed_It

2 according to the ITFC twitter account.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Downes out for "a few months" on 21:32 - Oct 6 with 2371 viewsBlueBadger

Well, a 'couple' means we start saying 'he'll be back next month' in January and 'a few' means we start saying it in March.

He'll return sometime next November.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Downes out for "a few months" on 21:51 - Oct 6 with 2202 viewsBramidan

Downes out for "a few months" on 21:32 - Oct 6 by BlueBadger

Well, a 'couple' means we start saying 'he'll be back next month' in January and 'a few' means we start saying it in March.

He'll return sometime next November.

Hope this doesn't finish his career.
Downes out for "a few months" on 21:55 - Oct 6 with 2174 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If he hadn't had that time off training etc he mayve been more match fit in the first place...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Downes out for on 21:57 - Oct 6 with 2161 viewsWestover

Silly boy without the Palace interest turning he head he could be playing games instead of being out for months, totally his fault IMO.
Downes out for "a few months" on 22:04 - Oct 6 with 2127 viewsDubtractor

FFS etc.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Downes out for "a few months" on 22:15 - Oct 6 with 2059 viewsBlueBadger

Downes out for "a few months" on 21:51 - Oct 6 by Bramidan

Hope this doesn't finish his career.

Lambert's?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Downes out for "a few months" on 22:23 - Oct 6 with 2002 viewsbournemouthblue

Downes out for "a few months" on 21:55 - Oct 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

If he hadn't had that time off training etc he mayve been more match fit in the first place...

there's certainly an element of truth there, he wouldn't have ever quite got his match fitness up as a result of that interest sadly

Thanks a bunch Palace!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Downes out for "a few months" on 22:27 - Oct 6 with 1973 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Downes out for "a few months" on 21:55 - Oct 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't think his fitness would have prevented him from catching his studs in the turf and causing the damage he did. However, the fact he had not been playing may well have contributed to him making the challenge in the way that he did. May have been one he would have made anyway we will never know.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Downes out for "a few months" on 22:39 - Oct 6 with 1924 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Downes out for "a few months" on 22:27 - Oct 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't think his fitness would have prevented him from catching his studs in the turf and causing the damage he did. However, the fact he had not been playing may well have contributed to him making the challenge in the way that he did. May have been one he would have made anyway we will never know.

May have been quicker to the ball, more mobile etc etc.

A lack of match fitness and sharpness could well have contributed to injury.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Downes out for "a few months" on 23:32 - Oct 6 with 1846 viewsPhilTWTD

He said three and mentioned three again when talking about Ward, saying he isn't out for that long, then later said a couple.
Downes out for on 23:54 - Oct 6 with 1796 viewsgainsboroughblue

Our 'luck' with injuries is just plain ridiculous.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 23:54]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Downes out for "a few months" on 23:59 - Oct 6 with 1790 viewsTrequartista

Two months out injured plus a month to get his head right.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Downes out for on 04:25 - Oct 7 with 1680 viewsEl_Fenix

I suspect that Flynn Downes's injury is a torn ACL. If so ...

I once tore an ACL while skiing. It was very painful initially and for several days. I hobbled around for about month and could walk normally after about two months. It took several weeks to get re-establish overall physical fitness, and about a year to overcome nervousness about stressing the knee.

If Flynn has suffered a torn ACL, I doubt that he will play competitive football before next March, or be on top form before next season.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Downes out for on 07:08 - Oct 7 with 1606 viewshype313

Downes out for on 04:25 - Oct 7 by El_Fenix

I suspect that Flynn Downes's injury is a torn ACL. If so ...

I once tore an ACL while skiing. It was very painful initially and for several days. I hobbled around for about month and could walk normally after about two months. It took several weeks to get re-establish overall physical fitness, and about a year to overcome nervousness about stressing the knee.

If Flynn has suffered a torn ACL, I doubt that he will play competitive football before next March, or be on top form before next season.

But Watson said it doesn't require surgery, which would indicate that it isn't a torn ACL as that would require surgery

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Downes out for "a few months" on 07:13 - Oct 7 with 1597 viewsAce_High1

And then come December it will be Downes has operation and is out for the season.
Downes out for "a few months" on 08:54 - Oct 7 with 1468 viewsArnieM

Two things . One , hopefully it’s taken him out of the unwanted shop window for now, so mentally he can settle down again.

Two, whilst not wanting to take the energy and forcefulness entirely out of his game that makes him the player he is, maybe now he can just sit back a little and reflect on certain aspects of his game to modify . Each time he came in the pitch as a sub he ran around like a headless chicken for some reason and was diving in like a mad thing. It serves no purpose other than getting a booking, a getting a likely reprisal tackle back, or serious injury , which he now appears to have .

If no surgery is required and he’s out for 8weeks I’d suggest it’s collateral ligaments and he’s lucky not to have done his cartilage .

Either way, Downes has been about as much use to the squad since Palace showed an interest, as a chocolate tea pot , a period of 2-3 months on the back burner will do him good IMO!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Downes out for "a few months" on 09:58 - Oct 7 with 1412 viewshype313

Downes out for "a few months" on 08:54 - Oct 7 by ArnieM

Two things . One , hopefully it’s taken him out of the unwanted shop window for now, so mentally he can settle down again.

Two, whilst not wanting to take the energy and forcefulness entirely out of his game that makes him the player he is, maybe now he can just sit back a little and reflect on certain aspects of his game to modify . Each time he came in the pitch as a sub he ran around like a headless chicken for some reason and was diving in like a mad thing. It serves no purpose other than getting a booking, a getting a likely reprisal tackle back, or serious injury , which he now appears to have .

If no surgery is required and he’s out for 8weeks I’d suggest it’s collateral ligaments and he’s lucky not to have done his cartilage .

Either way, Downes has been about as much use to the squad since Palace showed an interest, as a chocolate tea pot , a period of 2-3 months on the back burner will do him good IMO!

Totally agree, and lets not forget the majority of us were happy to continue with Dozzer, Bish and Nolan after the first 3 wins, so we have coped without him, I know Huws isn't as dynamic as Downes but he can do a decent job in the same mold.

As you say, might be a good time to reflect for him over the next 8-12 weeks.

Downes out for "a few months" on 11:35 - Oct 7 with 1331 viewsbournemouthblue

Downes out for "a few months" on 09:58 - Oct 7 by hype313

Totally agree, and lets not forget the majority of us were happy to continue with Dozzer, Bish and Nolan after the first 3 wins, so we have coped without him, I know Huws isn't as dynamic as Downes but he can do a decent job in the same mold.

As you say, might be a good time to reflect for him over the next 8-12 weeks.

It's still a blow none the less because whilst this three has worked fairly well, I still think we need a bit more ability to battle and break up play against the more rugged teams

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Downes out for "a few months" on 11:40 - Oct 7 with 1323 viewshype313

Downes out for "a few months" on 11:35 - Oct 7 by bournemouthblue

It's still a blow none the less because whilst this three has worked fairly well, I still think we need a bit more ability to battle and break up play against the more rugged teams

Agree, it is a blow, and to be fair the fixtures have been kind to us, but Huws can certainly add some thrust in our Midfield if we need some bite in the coming fixtures.

Downes out for "a few months" on 12:45 - Oct 7 with 1270 viewsRyorry

Downes out for "a few months" on 11:35 - Oct 7 by bournemouthblue

Added to which, we need all the quality players we can muster -
a) to mix things up if we need to, 60 mins or whatever into a game and
b) other injuries ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Downes out for on 13:02 - Oct 7 with 1250 viewsChrisd

Downes out for "a few months" on 21:30 - Oct 6 by TheTrueBlue1878

Also Ward out this weekend but not too bad.

If it is, just this weekend. We've heard this before with KVY's achilles injury and look where we are with him.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 13:06]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Downes out for "a few months" on 13:03 - Oct 7 with 1248 viewsHerbivore

I think this is a big blow. Downes would undoubtedly have been starting before long and is the best midfielder at the club.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024