Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum 10:34 - Dec 2 with 17260 viewsSitfcB

What a to€€er, how condescending, “the forum”, it’s more than a forum ffs. It’s a NEWS SITE, with a forum as part of the site. “Fanzine” Phil isn’t a fanzine, he’s a journalist, writes for this site and local newspapers.

“We have a relationship with the forum, and the person that runs the forum”

“We’re disappointed it’s got to this stage”

“There’s been one or two things that have happened on the forum, that obviously the manager hasn’t been happy with”

“It’s worth while noting we’re the only club in the EFL and PL that does allow a fanzine to attend matches and press conferences as a member of the media team”

“The person we are speaking about is a fan of the club and works very hard, we want to have that relationship, but it’s got to work both ways”

“There are some issues we need to iron out”

“We are sure this issue will evolve in the next and up and coming weeks”

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:35 - Dec 2 with 5262 viewsHealysBackPocket

Think it’s time for another round of emails to him to politely set him straight
Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:36 - Dec 2 with 5246 viewsportmanking

It's got to work both ways? What on earth am I reading here. These certainly can't be comments attributed to the community-focused, family-friendly club I fell in love with.

Oh, they are?
Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:39 - Dec 2 with 5220 viewsSomethingBlue

Should be noted too that his observation about being the only club in EFL/PL not to let a fanzine (or, really, independent supporters' website) into media events is very much not correct.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:40 - Dec 2 with 5177 viewsSitfcB

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:39 - Dec 2 by SomethingBlue

Should be noted too that his observation about being the only club in EFL/PL not to let a fanzine (or, really, independent supporters' website) into media events is very much not correct.

Doncaster fanzine comes to mind. And Man United?

COYB

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:41 - Dec 2 with 5167 viewsKieran_Knows

Bellend, he really is.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:41 - Dec 2 with 5165 viewsfooters

Even calling it a 'fanzine' is denegrating to Phil and Gav's thankless efforts over the years.

I'm not sure why he refused to name Phil in that interview, some sort of pseudo-legalese bollox, perhaps?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:44 - Dec 2 with 5120 viewsSomethingBlue

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:40 - Dec 2 by SitfcB

Arsenal do too and have for years. There are also others.

As Footers says, "Fanzine" is intended pejoratively in any case and isn't what TWTD is nowadays.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 10:47]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:46 - Dec 2 with 5088 viewsLankHenners

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:40 - Dec 2 by SitfcB

Was going to say I'm sure Utd (to name one) have several fanzine/independent site writers with access to matches and conferences as part of the media.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:46 - Dec 2 with 5080 viewsSwailsey

Yep. I thought that yesterday. It was what prompted my angry post on here and text into Radio Suffolk.

Really patronizing and incredibly disappointing. I had higher hopes for LON as he has always come across well. This just shows that he is either:

a) Tone-deaf and completely unaware of the feeling amongst fans (not just on TWTD)
b) A complete mouth-piece who is unable to speak for himself/show a hint of understanding

Or both really.

Lambert OUT.
Lee O'Neill OUT.
Evans OUT.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 11:01]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:46 - Dec 2 with 5070 viewsDyland

Completely out of touch, inept and tin pot. To be expected from MEG.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:48 - Dec 2 with 5031 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sounds like they want to use the team leak as an excuse to castrate Phil.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:50 - Dec 2 with 4974 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Having read this and the Lambert interview from last night, I can only assume our management have been taking classes at the Trump school of facts

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:50 - Dec 2 with 4983 viewsCoco

He really is very good at what he does though.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:51 - Dec 2 with 4974 viewsfooters

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:48 - Dec 2 by GlasgowBlue

Sounds like they want to use the team leak as an excuse to castrate Phil.

As Phil said t'other day, it's not even TWTD; it's just Phil.

If the problem is with the leaks on the site, then why still allow freelancers for TWTD into pressers?

It's personal and I'm really not sure why. Phil hasn't been more critical of the club than anyone else at the moment, has he? Maybe I'm missing something.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:51 - Dec 2 with 4951 viewsSitfcB

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:50 - Dec 2 by Coco

He really is very good at what he does though.

Being a PE teacher?

COYB

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:52 - Dec 2 with 4937 viewsSwailsey

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:51 - Dec 2 by footers

As Phil said t'other day, it's not even TWTD; it's just Phil.

If the problem is with the leaks on the site, then why still allow freelancers for TWTD into pressers?

It's personal and I'm really not sure why. Phil hasn't been more critical of the club than anyone else at the moment, has he? Maybe I'm missing something.

Phil is Dobra's dad.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:53 - Dec 2 with 4928 viewsLankHenners

It, along with everything else he's said, makes pretty grim reading. Seems clear nothing imminent is happening with Lambert - Evans doesn't want to take the financial hit of paying the contract off so is just hoping it'll turn around somehow, Lambert himself seems to know this and is just being as antagonistic as possible knowing he's safe, and O'Neill appears to be just backing this situation publicly rather than getting in Evans' ear about the right thing to do.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:54 - Dec 2 with 4901 viewsistanblue

Lee O'Neill is a fraud.
Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:57 - Dec 2 with 4853 viewsCrayonKing

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:51 - Dec 2 by SitfcB

Being a PE teacher?

Being a human shield for Evans
Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:59 - Dec 2 with 4811 viewsKropotkin123

O’Neill Out

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 11:02 - Dec 2 with 4779 viewsLamp

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:46 - Dec 2 by Swailsey

Yep. I thought that yesterday. It was what prompted my angry post on here and text into Radio Suffolk.

Really patronizing and incredibly disappointing. I had higher hopes for LON as he has always come across well. This just shows that he is either:

a) Tone-deaf and completely unaware of the feeling amongst fans (not just on TWTD)
b) A complete mouth-piece who is unable to speak for himself/show a hint of understanding

Or both really.

Lambert OUT.
Lee O'Neill OUT.
Evans OUT.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 11:01]

It is increasingly clear that the senior management have given the nod to Lambert's petty decision. The next new era PR soundbite isn't going to cut through thanks to this - and frankly given what's come before it probably wouldn't have done anyway.

Can the Trust PLEASE sort themselves out.
Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 11:12 - Dec 2 with 4744 viewsPhilTWTD

Thanks. It's also worth pointing out that I have a press card and have worked as a freelancer for other media since 1996, currently for the Colchester Evening Gazette. But for the pandemic I would also still be working for the BBC. I'm also an NUJ member.

I dispute the 'fanzine' or 'fansite' tags as what I don't write myself is written by other professional journalists, who we pay, most of whom have written for national newspapers, same with photographers. In hindsight, we probably should have changed the name of the site when it became the mainly news site to something more newsy.
Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 11:14 - Dec 2 with 4669 viewsRyorry

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 10:53 - Dec 2 by LankHenners

It, along with everything else he's said, makes pretty grim reading. Seems clear nothing imminent is happening with Lambert - Evans doesn't want to take the financial hit of paying the contract off so is just hoping it'll turn around somehow, Lambert himself seems to know this and is just being as antagonistic as possible knowing he's safe, and O'Neill appears to be just backing this situation publicly rather than getting in Evans' ear about the right thing to do.

Really summarises the rot within ITFC right now.

We need a complete clear-out.

I'm almost (but not quite yet) at the stage where I'd rather go with a fan-created Phoenix club along the lines of Bury than this ITFC, which is nothing whatsoever like the 1970s community orientated club that first attracted me. And I'm not talking about 'glory-days' Ipswich, I'm talking about the Cobbold way of running things. Even David Sheepshanks actually cared about the club, even if he did lead us into administration.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 11:14 - Dec 2 with 4686 viewsitfcjoe

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 11:12 - Dec 2 by PhilTWTD

Thanks. It's also worth pointing out that I have a press card and have worked as a freelancer for other media since 1996, currently for the Colchester Evening Gazette. But for the pandemic I would also still be working for the BBC. I'm also an NUJ member.

I dispute the 'fanzine' or 'fansite' tags as what I don't write myself is written by other professional journalists, who we pay, most of whom have written for national newspapers, same with photographers. In hindsight, we probably should have changed the name of the site when it became the mainly news site to something more newsy.

"what I don't write myself is written by other professional journalists, who we pay"

Better get that invoice in for a couple of youth reports I've done over the years

On a serious note, it feels untenable here with Lambert at the helm - hopefully he will be gone imminently and you can be back for the new manager press conference in the middle of next week with the Cowley brothers....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 11:15 - Dec 2 with 4683 viewshype313

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 11:12 - Dec 2 by PhilTWTD

It's patronising and condescending to the work you do and your profession Phil, how the club have got this so catastrophically wrong is really concerning.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024