Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum 10:34 - Dec 2 with 17354 viewsSitfcB

What a to€€er, how condescending, “the forum”, it’s more than a forum ffs. It’s a NEWS SITE, with a forum as part of the site. “Fanzine” Phil isn’t a fanzine, he’s a journalist, writes for this site and local newspapers.

“We have a relationship with the forum, and the person that runs the forum”

“We’re disappointed it’s got to this stage”

“There’s been one or two things that have happened on the forum, that obviously the manager hasn’t been happy with”

“It’s worth while noting we’re the only club in the EFL and PL that does allow a fanzine to attend matches and press conferences as a member of the media team”

“The person we are speaking about is a fan of the club and works very hard, we want to have that relationship, but it’s got to work both ways”

“There are some issues we need to iron out”

“We are sure this issue will evolve in the next and up and coming weeks”

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 15:28 - Dec 2 with 2944 viewsPhilTWTD

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 15:24 - Dec 2 by hoppy

I was genuinely more angry about the banning than I was about the loss on Saturday. I imagine I'm far from being alone in that.
Hopefully they're having internal discussions following the number of emails they will have received, and you'll hear soon... or should I say, imminently?

Thanks. It was a strange feeling on Saturday evening, so many nice messages from people that for once the result just washed over me really.

BTW, whoever it was who posted the Alfie Boe song on here made my wife laugh more than they can ever imagine.
Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 15:30 - Dec 2 with 2935 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

“There’s been one or two things that have happened on the forum, that obviously the manager hasn’t been happy with.”

Hmm. Phil's banning from the club came around the time Bluefish was at the height of his powers. He was then banned from TWTD. Coincidence?!

Is the real truth Lambo had had enough of the FOPRP messages?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 15:30 - Dec 2 with 2932 viewsbluelagos

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 15:25 - Dec 2 by PhilTWTD

Legend!

I read that and did wonder if it was really Bontcho. Superb if it was.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 15:37 - Dec 2 with 2900 viewsGeoffSentence

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 11:20 - Dec 2 by PhilTWTD

Thanks, that's how I read it, and when similar comments have been made to me by some at the club previously. That they are continuing to dig in on this - and widen the issue by attacking other media as well - despite everything that has happened in the last few days is perhaps the biggest concern.

Further to that, TWTD has also been an academy sponsor for seven years. Not sure this is any way to treat and talk about a sponsor, let alone everything else.

This post has been edited by an administrator

It's all rather trumpesque, attacking the media to deflect from the shtshow that they have created.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 15:40 - Dec 2 with 2878 viewsPhilTWTD

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 15:25 - Dec 2 by Ryorry

Were you one of the legends who p'd in every corner when Carrot Rd were having work done then?

Ah, is that what hydrogeology is? I did wonder.
Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 16:00 - Dec 2 with 2805 viewsclive_baker

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 11:21 - Dec 2 by footers

Call him a PE teacher and tell him he's only qualified to umpire a game of kwik cricket.

Now isn't the time or place to be firing off truths like that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 16:01 - Dec 2 with 2799 viewsFarmerpiles

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 12:10 - Dec 2 by Herbivore

I think, rather depressingly, I might well be completely done with ITFC. I'm certainly right on the brink. The club is rotten to the core and is not the same club I've supported my whole life. The manager appears to be a rather nasty piece of work, Evans just doesn't care, and O'Neill is happy to defend it all. Nobody at the club has the fans at heart. I don't know that anyone has much care for the players either. It's all about preserving the hierarchy. If ever a football club epitomised these modern days of Trump and Johnson, it's ITFC. Feck 'em.

Spot on. Could of written this myself. 35yrs ST holder, this time in our clubs history certainly feels like the darkest times. Sadly, I'm done with ITFC. Always a fan, but no longer will I attend as a ST holder . And that hurts me. Haven't told my daughter yet. Been going together since she was 6 (in 2003).
Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 16:10 - Dec 2 with 2772 viewsfooters

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 16:00 - Dec 2 by clive_baker

Now isn't the time or place to be firing off truths like that.

Was still a bit angry after my second Tennants Super of the morning at that point.

Calmed down now, mind.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 16:22 - Dec 2 with 2736 viewshoppy

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 16:10 - Dec 2 by footers

Was still a bit angry after my second Tennants Super of the morning at that point.

Calmed down now, mind.

Only second? It was past 11 o'clock.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 16:56 - Dec 2 with 2666 viewsSitfcB

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 15:26 - Dec 2 by hoppy

What, getting Mick to go round your house?

Yes!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:11 - Dec 2 with 2625 viewsFelstow1978

Genuine question here. WTF does LoN actually know about football. What skills and experience does he bring to the role he currently occupies? To what extent does his contribution actually make to sustaining the Club and ultimately to improving the performances out on the pitch? Not knocking the guy, just genuinely curious. Anyone help me on this?

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:14 - Dec 2 with 2605 viewshype313

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:11 - Dec 2 by Felstow1978

Genuine question here. WTF does LoN actually know about football. What skills and experience does he bring to the role he currently occupies? To what extent does his contribution actually make to sustaining the Club and ultimately to improving the performances out on the pitch? Not knocking the guy, just genuinely curious. Anyone help me on this?

He's a yes man, that's all you need to know.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:22 - Dec 2 with 2581 viewsDecageBruce

I'm sad enough, as I know many of you are, that not a day goes by when I don't log in at least once to TWTD to take a look at the forum. I am not a prolific poster but have had some great interactions with many and enjoy the place, even when it is a little heated. It is a group of like minded (or often not) ITFC fans that have used the atmosphere of a site that Phil (and others) work bloody hard at maintaining that makes it the place it is.

It seems clear that there is some monitoring of the site by someone at the club or the 'leak' wouldn't have come to light. I can understand that they won't act on all feelings shared here but it is the perfect place for the club to read the status and happiness of the ITFC crowd.

This is the bit that shocks me the most. The reaction, the approach and how this has been dealt with all stinks and is mismanagement of the highest order in all senses of the term.

The thing that makes me sadest at the moment is how this is playing out after seeing the Danny Cowley video someone shared in the last few days (thanks OP). He speaks about pride in the club, respecting everyone from the tea lady up to the board. He speaks about working to pull the fans back in and to engage with the younger fans. ITFC are at completely the other end of the spectrum on this and are not only isolating themselves from the Press but also a large number of long standing passionate fans via the mistreatment of a 'fanzine' with Phil representing both.

No respect for Phil, no respect for the fans, no respect for the name of Ipswich Town Football Club and no respect for what is required to get out of this dire situation.

I'd like thank Phil for all he does here for the site, for my enjoyment and for representing the fans and this site with dignity and a respectful approach that others could seriously learn from
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 17:48]
Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:29 - Dec 2 with 2539 viewsfooters

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:22 - Dec 2 by DecageBruce

I'm sad enough, as I know many of you are, that not a day goes by when I don't log in at least once to TWTD to take a look at the forum. I am not a prolific poster but have had some great interactions with many and enjoy the place, even when it is a little heated. It is a group of like minded (or often not) ITFC fans that have used the atmosphere of a site that Phil (and others) work bloody hard at maintaining that makes it the place it is.

It seems clear that there is some monitoring of the site by someone at the club or the 'leak' wouldn't have come to light. I can understand that they won't act on all feelings shared here but it is the perfect place for the club to read the status and happiness of the ITFC crowd.

This is the bit that shocks me the most. The reaction, the approach and how this has been dealt with all stinks and is mismanagement of the highest order in all senses of the term.

The thing that makes me sadest at the moment is how this is playing out after seeing the Danny Cowley video someone shared in the last few days (thanks OP). He speaks about pride in the club, respecting everyone from the tea lady up to the board. He speaks about working to pull the fans back in and to engage with the younger fans. ITFC are at completely the other end of the spectrum on this and are not only isolating themselves from the Press but also a large number of long standing passionate fans via the mistreatment of a 'fanzine' with Phil representing both.

No respect for Phil, no respect for the fans, no respect for the name of Ipswich Town Football Club and no respect for what is required to get out of this dire situation.

I'd like thank Phil for all he does here for the site, for my enjoyment and for representing the fans and this site with dignity and a respectful approach that others could seriously learn from

Excellent post.

My worry is that the management team and owner maybe view TWTD and its visitors as a fringe of Town supporters. Much in the same way political commentators talk of something being a 'Westminster bubble' story.

I hope they're not thinking that this can just blow over because a majority of fans don't use the forum and don't care either way. It seems one of the most loyal and active parts of our fanbase do post on here regularly. Whether the Club are simply gambling on the passive fans turning up instead, I don't know, and sincerely hope not.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 17:30]

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:32 - Dec 2 with 2530 viewsSwailsey

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:22 - Dec 2 by DecageBruce

I think the site should be renamed as your entire post. It's a bit wordy, but it says everything.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:39 - Dec 2 with 2483 viewsBluefish

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 15:30 - Dec 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

“There’s been one or two things that have happened on the forum, that obviously the manager hasn’t been happy with.”

Hmm. Phil's banning from the club came around the time Bluefish was at the height of his powers. He was then banned from TWTD. Coincidence?!

Is the real truth Lambo had had enough of the FOPRP messages?

I was banned for being a cock

I hope PRP has been reading my posts though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:41 - Dec 2 with 2483 viewsPhilTWTD

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 15:09 - Dec 2 by hype313

Bet it feels like being back in Mr Thatchers bad books.

He had a word with me for retaliation once, but I think he understood that flair players like me ought to get more protection from referees.
Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:45 - Dec 2 with 2451 viewsDubtractor

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:41 - Dec 2 by PhilTWTD

He had a word with me for retaliation once, but I think he understood that flair players like me ought to get more protection from referees.

"flair players"

Whatever you say Phil.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:46 - Dec 2 with 2452 viewsDecageBruce

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:29 - Dec 2 by footers

Excellent post.

My worry is that the management team and owner maybe view TWTD and its visitors as a fringe of Town supporters. Much in the same way political commentators talk of something being a 'Westminster bubble' story.

I hope they're not thinking that this can just blow over because a majority of fans don't use the forum and don't care either way. It seems one of the most loyal and active parts of our fanbase do post on here regularly. Whether the Club are simply gambling on the passive fans turning up instead, I don't know, and sincerely hope not.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 17:30]

I think that that may be the case, especially as they don't appear to fully respect what TWTD actually is.

I was a little disappointed, but unsurprised, by the official supporters club statement the other day but I suppose they will always err on the side of caution to ensure they maintain their relationship with the club. Given the current issues with Phil I can almost understand that. The issue is, as with many walks of life, if the powers that be are only going to see what they want to see and a sanitised 'official' version then they will never action and all of us on here will just be viewed as the noisy neighbours and something that can be ignored (until it suits them).

Phil - have the club at any point in the past asked you for anything with regards to the data/power/people on the site? I don't mean underhand at all, just wondering if any point in time they have viewed the site as a thing of positivity or that they could utilise for their advantage (i.e. drum up interest for something they want to do/sell etc)
Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:52 - Dec 2 with 2413 viewshoppy

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:45 - Dec 2 by Dubtractor

"flair players"

Whatever you say Phil.

As in, wearing flares, I assumed.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:53 - Dec 2 with 2405 viewsNewcyBlue

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:39 - Dec 2 by Bluefish

I am disappointed that Phil hasn’t up arrowed your post.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:55 - Dec 2 with 2383 viewsBluefish

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:53 - Dec 2 by NewcyBlue

I am disappointed that Phil hasn’t up arrowed your post.

He liked a tweet I did the other day. Proudest moment of my life

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 18:17 - Dec 2 with 2330 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:39 - Dec 2 by Bluefish

I do as well!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 18:20 - Dec 2 with 2318 viewswkj

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 11:20 - Dec 2 by PhilTWTD

Thanks, that's how I read it, and when similar comments have been made to me by some at the club previously. That they are continuing to dig in on this - and widen the issue by attacking other media as well - despite everything that has happened in the last few days is perhaps the biggest concern.

Further to that, TWTD has also been an academy sponsor for seven years. Not sure this is any way to treat and talk about a sponsor, let alone everything else.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Maybe the BBC would run "Ipswich Town Football Club bans academy sponsor and respected journalist from attending press conferences"

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 18:48 - Dec 2 with 2273 viewsreusersfreekicks

Lee O’Neill quotes for bangate and this forum on 17:41 - Dec 2 by PhilTWTD

You favour a wider lower trouser leg when playing?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024