Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m going to say it as it is 20:54 - Dec 13 with 3545 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

We’ve scored 21 goals this season - not great but not bad.

16 of those 21 goals have been shared across Edwards, Bishop, Nolan and Sears. All 4 are injured.

You can have whatever manager you like in charge right now, Sir Alex, Klopp or even Rob who manages the 5th place side in the SIL Prem side, whoever is in charge wouldn’t be getting any more out of this squad in terms of scoring goals.

At the moment we aren’t creating enough and that has to improve (probably via a change of manager eventually) but with all the main goal scorers out injured, several key players out injured and no one taking responsibility and stepping up to be a goal threat, things won’t drastically improve.

It is what it is right now.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

I’m going to say it as it is on 20:57 - Dec 13 with 3280 viewsWD19

Who assembled the squad?

Lambert has 3 out of 4 of his ‘strikers’ available.
I’m going to say it as it is on 21:00 - Dec 13 with 3249 viewsBlueBadger

1 and-a-bit goals per game is terrible. We average what is it? 4 shots game. Lambert out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I’m going to say it as it is on 21:01 - Dec 13 with 3239 viewsJ2BLUE

Nonsense. We have plenty of quality available. They are being coached and set up by a man who is clueless. He says it's not about formations and only players yet he went to Germany and spent time over there watching them train etc and how they set up. He just talks sh1te.

If Warnock (obviously not available but i'm making a point because he WAS available) came in he would get this squad going without doubt.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I’m going to say it as it is on 21:02 - Dec 13 with 3237 viewsIllinoisblue

That’s an overly dramatic post title

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I’m going to say it as it is on 21:40 - Dec 13 with 3147 viewsX0Y0

It’s not the fact that we aren’t scoring / creating enough in their absence that has me most worried. Instead, it is the fact that Lambert is completely bereft of ideas in terms of how to adapt his tactics and formation to suit what players he has available and to exploit an opposition. Lambert is as clueless and as dogged as Mike Bassett, except this time it’s NOT ‘Four-Four-F*****g-Two’. That’s why I want him out.

Even if (big if) we were to go up this season, he’s exposed his limitations, and I don’t believe he would be able to take this squad any further. We will remain a club that will be relatively low on resources, therefore I don’t think we can rely on talent levels alone or a single system to achieve success. Instead, we need a manager who is more ... intelligent, to put it simply.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 21:41]
I’m going to say it as it is on 21:48 - Dec 13 with 3105 viewsPilgrimblue

I’m going to say it as it is on 21:00 - Dec 13 by BlueBadger

1 and-a-bit goals per game is terrible. We average what is it? 4 shots game. Lambert out.

Correct especially as we've let in the same number.

Lambert's style is the real problem. One up front I suppose does work when you have the likes of Bish and Edwards in support. But that hides the inability of our strikers to score or even shoot.
What used to get me is that in the warm-up our team would be knocking in goals for fun but then couldn't transfer that to the game!
I’m going to say it as it is on 21:50 - Dec 13 with 3088 viewsSwansea_Blue

Blubbers must be loving our improved performances now his nemesis isn’t playing

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I’m going to say it as it is on 21:53 - Dec 13 with 3065 viewsStokieBlue

You've essentially destroyed your own argument in your third paragraph.

We aren't creating enough chances because the system isn't allowing it with the players we have. Yet when we go 442 for 15 minutes we scored 2 goals.

So it's clearly the manager being stubborn and not changing tactics when required.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

I’m going to say it as it is on 21:54 - Dec 13 with 3052 viewsKeaneish

2 up front in Hawkins and Jackson with Dobra and Lankester in supporting wide midfield or inverted winger roles would improve our chances immeasurably.

No excuses for how poor this is and has been from PL.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I’m going to say it as it is on 22:04 - Dec 13 with 3001 viewsbluefunk

I have some sympathy with your view, but why has Lambert not simply shut up shop against our major rivals - he has available enough defensive players for a 5 man back line, whi might have seen us concede less via our left hand side. Then play a 3 man midfield, 2 up top or one target and one behind, forget width and make sure we don’t concede, and hope to nick one. When the chips are down make your team hard to beat. Currently all the opposition have to do is to attack our left and we will concede
I’m going to say it as it is on 22:07 - Dec 13 with 2983 viewschrismakin

Sorry but Hawkins was influential at the beginning of the season, yet Lambert refuses to give him and Jackson a go together which would be the ideal partnership.
This is why I hate lambert, he does the opposite of what makes sense

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I’m going to say it as it is on 22:21 - Dec 13 with 2922 viewsBlueBadger

I’m going to say it as it is on 22:04 - Dec 13 by bluefunk

I have some sympathy with your view, but why has Lambert not simply shut up shop against our major rivals - he has available enough defensive players for a 5 man back line, whi might have seen us concede less via our left hand side. Then play a 3 man midfield, 2 up top or one target and one behind, forget width and make sure we don’t concede, and hope to nick one. When the chips are down make your team hard to beat. Currently all the opposition have to do is to attack our left and we will concede

It's because he's not a very good football manager.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I’m going to say it as it is on 22:56 - Dec 13 with 2880 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I’m going to say it as it is on 21:01 - Dec 13 by J2BLUE

Nonsense. We have plenty of quality available. They are being coached and set up by a man who is clueless. He says it's not about formations and only players yet he went to Germany and spent time over there watching them train etc and how they set up. He just talks sh1te.

If Warnock (obviously not available but i'm making a point because he WAS available) came in he would get this squad going without doubt.

Do we? Name the quality because I’m not seeing it!

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

I’m going to say it as it is on 23:08 - Dec 13 with 2835 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

That tells you he's not getting enough out of his strikers.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I’m going to say it as it is on 23:10 - Dec 13 with 2830 viewsCokeIsKey

And who sacked our main physio exactly?

We still have a squad capable of promotion despite these injuries, the only difference is that Lambert can’t rely on players too good for this league to dig him out of a hole. Any decent manager would get us winning.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

I’m going to say it as it is on 23:23 - Dec 13 with 2791 viewsEireannach_gorm

Just pointing out that we have scored the same number of goals as Burton Albion.
It's not really the goals though, it's the lack of game management and control. Also scoring against the top teams seems to be a bit of a problem. it's like we just are a poor team with a bad manager. Just saying it as it is.
I’m going to say it as it is on 23:30 - Dec 13 with 2767 viewsMrTown

Regardless of who is in the treatment room etc, who’s available etc, how good the players are. The man can’t coach.

We are so soft, so weak, so tepid, so disorganised when we step up in class we are ripped a new ar’sehole every time.

The man could not coach a horse to go forward.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I’m going to say it as it is on 08:14 - Dec 14 with 2437 viewsBlue12345

The issue isn’t even necessarily the results it’s the fact we are so laboured when passing the ball and show no real fight or desire to win. We are a team of bottlers.

If we were sitting 6th but the team were showing even though they have a lot of injuries they’re giving it their all and doing everything they can to win under the circumstances I think most fans would be happy.

We have too many players who are happy to hide and do the nice side to side passing yet won’t compete to win a header, or make a run behind the oppositions back line.

I am including Dozzel and Woolf in that also. They are not kids anymore they are young men earning a good wage playing professional football.

Even things as simple as when we get a free kick or corner the players do not look like they know what they are doing. It’s more played off the cuff.

This is not a semi professional outfit we are a Uefa cup, FA cup and division 1 winning football club. To now have an outfit assembled that don’t have the drive, talent or fight to win matches in league 1 is absolutely shocking and Marcus Evans should be embarrassed at his handling of our once great football club.

Some of the players in the squad do not even appear as professionals, there is no cohesion or pattern of play. The players are to blame as is Lambert. He should be demanding more from them and needs to stop protecting them. I have had enough of it as you’ll be able to tell by the tone of this post, just as all of us have. Either wear the shirt with pride or get out of the club.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 8:26]
I’m going to say it as it is on 08:20 - Dec 14 with 2426 viewsitfcjoe

It isn't 'what it is', the manager can't set a team up to creat chances or score goals - you could put a prime Alan Shearer in this side and with the lack of service he gets he'd struggle

Since we scored 4 at Blackpool we've scored 10 goals in 12 games.

It was the same story last season - when we play anyone half decent we just can't score.

We are poorly coached, and it gets shown up every week.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I’m going to say it as it is on 08:54 - Dec 14 with 2316 viewsSeablu

I always used to think people who started conversations with ‘I’m going to say it as it is’ always ended up talking a load of old bollo*ks that bore no relation to how things actually were.

I see I was always right.
I’m going to say it as it is on 09:05 - Dec 14 with 2271 viewsthebooks

Also, two of those are guaranteed to be crocked for at least half a season each, so if you’re relying on them you’re doomed, I say. Need another plan.

As everyone else points out here, we haven’t created much against decent teams throughout PL’s tenure, regardless of the personnel.
I’m going to say it as it is on 09:09 - Dec 14 with 2257 viewsParky

In the nicest way possible, what a load of rubbish.
I’m going to say it as it is on 09:18 - Dec 14 with 2213 viewsSouperJim

One minor flaw in your argument (actually there are several huge ones, but they've been covered), Edwards, Bishop, Nolan and Sears weren't exactly tearing it up last season and identified as our primary source of goals in preseason. I can't be bothered to look it up, but I'd be surprised if they got into double figures between them last season. So to suddenly say their absence is why we can't score, is tenuous in the extreme.

Lambert out.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

I’m going to say it as it is on 09:23 - Dec 14 with 2194 viewsGuthrum

We've scored 21 goals this season in the League.

Nearly one-fifth of those were in a single fixture (away at Blackpool).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I’m going to say it as it is on 09:43 - Dec 14 with 2142 viewsKropotkin123

21 goals isn't bad. On par with Burton in 24th and Swindon in 21st....

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024