Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WARNING vile Covid opinions within 19:54 - Jul 24 with 10887 viewsMullet

I think this is a tipping point where this sort of hate speech needs a very serious investigation and conviction. This isn’t the YouTube have a go science lot getting uppity, it’s clear incitement.

If we really value our NHS then this sort of rhetoric needs to meet the full force of the law and public opinion.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 19:59 - Jul 24 with 4518 viewsKievthegreat

It is not an off the cuff remark. It is deliberate and the crowd cheers. Scary stuff!
WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:01 - Jul 24 with 4487 viewsMullet

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 19:59 - Jul 24 by Kievthegreat

It is not an off the cuff remark. It is deliberate and the crowd cheers. Scary stuff!

No, it plays on classic fascist tropes of an enemy within, one with power and authority who need rooting out. It’s clearly designed to gain traction too.

The knee jerk response is to deny people like that the care from these professionals when they need it, but it’s on their level to think like that.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:09 - Jul 24 with 4417 viewsMerseyBlue

This and the abuse being targeted at the RNLI over the course of the weekend has been sickening. Dangerous idiots run amok.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:10 - Jul 24 with 4411 viewssurreyblue

I mean, that is clearly a death threat is it not?
WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:17 - Jul 24 with 4371 viewsbrogansnose

This is truly scary stuff, it's like they are inviting a response along the lines of banning or arresting so that they can claim some sort of warped democratic 'high ground'.

Le't not mess about here, this is early onset Fascism.
WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:22 - Jul 24 with 4335 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I don’t mind people who refuse the vaccine. As is their right.

But to go out, to protest against other people having it. And to cheer her inciting violence (death even?)... Scum. Absolute scum.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:33 - Jul 24 with 4258 viewsvapour_trail

Disgusting. Who the fck is she?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:34 - Jul 24 with 4270 viewsElderGrizzly

This is the vile human being

Login to get fewer ads

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:41 - Jul 24 with 4201 viewsElderGrizzly

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:22 - Jul 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I don’t mind people who refuse the vaccine. As is their right.

But to go out, to protest against other people having it. And to cheer her inciting violence (death even?)... Scum. Absolute scum.

Looks like Met Police are involved now. Only problem with that is it makes them more of a hero to the lot who were cheering her anyway

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:49 - Jul 24 with 4165 viewsMattinLondon

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:41 - Jul 24 by ElderGrizzly

Looks like Met Police are involved now. Only problem with that is it makes them more of a hero to the lot who were cheering her anyway

The people who lap this up will see anything ‘bad’ that happens to their heroes as evidence that the establishment is out to get them. Nothing will alter their mindset.

Bunch of idiots.
WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:52 - Jul 24 with 4141 viewsRob88

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:34 - Jul 24 by ElderGrizzly

Her own son thinks she is a fruit loop….nuff said.
WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 21:04 - Jul 24 with 4084 viewsNthQldITFC

I literally don't understand these anti-vaxer people. I genuinely don't know whether they believe their own claims, or whether they are just trying to acquire 'followers'. Then, do those followers actually believe the claims or are they just enjoying jumping on an 'ITK' bandwagon or something?

I don't have a very high opinion of the human species, but I still find it hard to believe that anyone who is capable of speaking a coherent sentence, can actually believe this crap, even if they never had a science lesson in their life. Perhaps nobody actually 'believes' it but it's just a great big idea monster that kind of feeds on itself, but is there any intent behind it or is it just a vehicle for confused ego-trippers?

I feel like a different species sometimes - it just makes no sense to me at all. Is it a bit like a religion maybe. Does it make people feel special, or part of a club? I am genuinely confused by it all.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 21:13 - Jul 24 with 4048 viewsElderGrizzly

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 21:04 - Jul 24 by NthQldITFC

I literally don't understand these anti-vaxer people. I genuinely don't know whether they believe their own claims, or whether they are just trying to acquire 'followers'. Then, do those followers actually believe the claims or are they just enjoying jumping on an 'ITK' bandwagon or something?

I don't have a very high opinion of the human species, but I still find it hard to believe that anyone who is capable of speaking a coherent sentence, can actually believe this crap, even if they never had a science lesson in their life. Perhaps nobody actually 'believes' it but it's just a great big idea monster that kind of feeds on itself, but is there any intent behind it or is it just a vehicle for confused ego-trippers?

I feel like a different species sometimes - it just makes no sense to me at all. Is it a bit like a religion maybe. Does it make people feel special, or part of a club? I am genuinely confused by it all.

Now the Health Secretary is telling us not to “cower” from the virus. FFS

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 21:17 - Jul 24 with 4017 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The only way to make sense of it, for me, is to believe that Putin is actively working to disrupt and divide Western democracies. And so, possibly through proxies, funds organisations who then give platforms to Yaxley-Lennon, Grimes, Hopkins, Farage etc etc. And Trump and others in the US.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but it's comforting to believe that there is some kind of coherent plan behind the collapse of civilisation that we are witnessing.
WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 21:24 - Jul 24 with 3967 viewsNthsuffolkblue

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:41 - Jul 24 by ElderGrizzly

I am not too sure there were that many cheering to be honest.

If our legal system works at all this should lead to her getting the mental health involvement she very clearly needs.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 21:25 - Jul 24 with 3968 viewsMattinLondon

Isn’t it a way of trying to make sense of the world? A belief that there are outside forces beyond real control that tries its best to undermine the individual - not only does this elevates the believer to think that their life is important enough for such powers to control - it also gives them a sense of power that they are able to resist and giving them an excuse to fail. That big pharma/tech is out to get them.

Or they are just fecking idiots.

Think they was a anti-vexar stroke conspiracy theorist on here until fairly recently but can’t remember who it was.
WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 21:28 - Jul 24 with 3944 viewsSwansea_Blue

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 21:13 - Jul 24 by ElderGrizzly

Definite change of tone since Mancock left. Javid’s words are a kick in the teeth to anyone who’s had it worse than him or who is shielding, etc. Only one step short of calling us traitors. Very poor show. We know they don’t do empathy, but that’s especially poor.

Mad woman in the OP video needs sectioning. It seems like incitement to me. Hopefully they’ll chuck the book at her.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 22:13 - Jul 24 with 3792 viewsSwansea_Blue

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:52 - Jul 24 by Rob88

Her own son thinks she is a fruit loop….nuff said.

Ah yes, I remember seeing this at the time:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-54669239

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 22:17 - Jul 24 with 3756 viewsWD19

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:49 - Jul 24 by MattinLondon

The people who lap this up will see anything ‘bad’ that happens to their heroes as evidence that the establishment is out to get them. Nothing will alter their mindset.

Bunch of idiots.

In which case we may as well go the whole hog and drive a tank over them…..53 times.
WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 22:17 - Jul 24 with 3753 viewsStokieBlue

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:34 - Jul 24 by ElderGrizzly

Ah.

She's a idiot.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 22:19 - Jul 24 with 3744 viewsStokieBlue

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 21:13 - Jul 24 by ElderGrizzly

Javid is the worse health secretary this year and he had quite a low bar to beat.

He's literally lied about the modelling on TV multiple times.

SB
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 9:17]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 22:31 - Jul 24 with 3684 viewsMerseyBlue

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 22:19 - Jul 24 by StokieBlue

Javid is the worse health secretary this year and he had quite a low bar to beat.

He's literally lied about the modelling on TV multiple times.

SB
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 9:17]

Mr Bean has been replaced by a man who seems hell-bent on causing as much damage before he inevitably leaves his post within (being generous here) two years.

These morons who spout hateful nonsense have and will always exist, but having such an incompetent government emboldens them. So many people feel like society has written them off that their only real way of exercising power is to shout as loudly as they can with their fingers in their ears.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 23:52 - Jul 24 with 3491 viewsPlums

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 20:49 - Jul 24 by MattinLondon

Bunch of idiots.

We need more of these sorts of stories out there:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57958358

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 05:52 - Jul 25 with 3312 viewsRyorry

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 22:31 - Jul 24 by MerseyBlue

Mr Bean has been replaced by a man who seems hell-bent on causing as much damage before he inevitably leaves his post within (being generous here) two years.

These morons who spout hateful nonsense have and will always exist, but having such an incompetent government emboldens them. So many people feel like society has written them off that their only real way of exercising power is to shout as loudly as they can with their fingers in their ears.

I'm afraid it does all remind me rather horribly of scenes and conditions in 1930s Germany. It becomes easier to manipulate & brainwash people when they are desperate & scared.

By contrast, saw on BBC2 last night part of Pavarotti in the Park (edit: from July 1991) including Nessun Dorma, which in turn reminded me of the 1990 World Cup, which then reminded me of the summer of 2012 & London Olympics.

What we had, what we've lost - makes you weep.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 13:11]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 06:35 - Jul 25 with 3285 viewsdickie

WARNING vile Covid opinions within on 22:13 - Jul 24 by Swansea_Blue

Ah yes, I remember seeing this at the time:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-54669239

This is genuinely sad, poor bu66er
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024