Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career 10:42 - Jan 18 with 3027 viewsitfcjoe

You know how this one is going to play out

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 10:44 - Jan 18 with 2221 viewsfooters

😍 Reckon we can get him on a permanent deal? 😍

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 10:46 - Jan 18 with 2204 viewsTractorWood

Instant injury? Never plays, blame bad luck?

Reminds me of one of the times we signed Jonny Williams when he was injured. If my memory recalls, we signed an injury prone player, who was currently injured on a 6 month loan.

This club.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 10:46 - Jan 18 with 2199 viewsPinewoodblue

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 10:44 - Jan 18 by footers

😍 Reckon we can get him on a permanent deal? 😍

Five year contract surely.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 10:46 - Jan 18 with 2195 viewsKieran_Knows

Didn't he have an ACL injury a couple of years back?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 10:47 - Jan 18 with 2173 viewsSomethingBlue

Wish him well and has always looked a talent, but it does smack of a classic ITFC signing of the last two or three years in particular. Nothing against the player but not sure bringing him in clears anything up. Love to be wrong, obviously.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 10:48 - Jan 18 with 2172 viewsBlueyandCrazy

All for giving individuals a chance, but......

not really what we need at all. Mindboggling as to why we want to add another attacking midfielder type player.

Current squad should be ample enough to get us up, if set up and motivated properly.
any additions should be wide players or full backs.....

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 10:53 - Jan 18 with 2108 viewsKeno

Ive said it before I really dont see the point of this one

Do we really need another injury prone CM?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 10:54 - Jan 18 with 2100 viewsBlueBadger

Ah now, he'll be in full training next month.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 10:58 - Jan 18 with 2053 viewsKeno

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 10:54 - Jan 18 by BlueBadger

Ah now, he'll be in full training next month.

with the support and encouragement of our world beating sports fitness regime that will probably be March or April or July or 2023

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 10:59 - Jan 18 with 2040 viewsHerbivore

Looks like a very odd signing, and simultaneously a classic Town signing in recent years. I'm sure he's a good footballer but why are we looking at signing a number 10 when we already have several and don't really play with a number 10? If he's being signed to play as a wide forward, why not just sign a wide forward? It's a bit like us signing McGuiness to cover for Chambers covering for KVY rather than us just bringing in an actual right back. We seem to be deliberately finding square pegs, which is inexcusable when you look at the size of our squad.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:01 - Jan 18 with 2007 viewsPinewoodblue

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 10:58 - Jan 18 by Keno

with the support and encouragement of our world beating sports fitness regime that will probably be March or April or July or 2023

We have a vacancy on the treatment table. You can’t just rely on current players bring injured again.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:01 - Jan 18 with 2001 viewsKeno

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 10:59 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

Looks like a very odd signing, and simultaneously a classic Town signing in recent years. I'm sure he's a good footballer but why are we looking at signing a number 10 when we already have several and don't really play with a number 10? If he's being signed to play as a wide forward, why not just sign a wide forward? It's a bit like us signing McGuiness to cover for Chambers covering for KVY rather than us just bringing in an actual right back. We seem to be deliberately finding square pegs, which is inexcusable when you look at the size of our squad.

Herby as always a very wise and to the point post

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:03 - Jan 18 with 1994 viewshype313

Just a strange signing all being told.

But nothing this club does these days makes any sense to me, so it's another odd decision.

That being said, I hope he comes in a smashes it, scores an abundance of goals and gets us promoted, because another season in the division is goodnight for this club.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:09 - Jan 18 with 1929 viewstractorboy1978

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 10:59 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

Apparently we want a wide forward too.

I don't think it is a particularly strange signing to be honest. We have 22 games in the next 8 weeks and the injury record of our creative, attacking players is sketchy to say the least. Obviously it doesn't resolve the issue that the bloke 'managing' is clueless. But he will have no excuses whatsoever (not that he did already) if he gets Harrop + another and we feck this up.
Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:12 - Jan 18 with 1900 viewsPendejo

Loan, so no problem as presumably due diligence employed by ITFC... Oh wait.

Why does the negative history have to repeat? Why can't May 6th type days repeat?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:14 - Jan 18 with 1887 viewsmonty_radio

I read that he prefers to play number 10 - don't they all?

Unless the management misread it, and it's 1.0 and he's a back-up keeper.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:21 - Jan 18 with 1849 viewsHerbivore

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:09 - Jan 18 by tractorboy1978

I don't think it is a particularly strange signing to be honest. We have 22 games in the next 8 weeks and the injury record of our creative, attacking players is sketchy to say the least. Obviously it doesn't resolve the issue that the bloke 'managing' is clueless. But he will have no excuses whatsoever (not that he did already) if he gets Harrop + another and we feck this up.

Dobra, Lankester and Judge have been fit more or less all season and would describe themselves as number 10s. Bishop essentially plays that advanced central role too even if not a classic number 10 and he's only had the one injury in the last 12 months or so which was the result of a challenge in a match unrelated to his past injury problems. It's really not an area where we are remotely short of players.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This would be a logical signing on 11:22 - Jan 18 with 1851 viewshomer_123

Judge and Nolan have proved ineffective.
Dobra has done OK but not pulled up any trees.
Bish and Lankester returning from injury.
El Miz obviously not deemed ready for 1st team football by Lambert.

So, in some sense, a logical signing but here's the thing....we don't pay with a number 10 so his favoured position isn't available.

Couple that with a ACL injury - a hamstring injury before Xmas and the fact he couldn't force his way into the team after a half decent season last season. Oh and he's included in the salary cap.

Utterly mad signing.

I hope I'm wrong.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:26 - Jan 18 with 1808 viewsSomethingBlue

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:09 - Jan 18 by tractorboy1978

You do have a point there — we are going to have to rotate like hell and there is an extent to which we do need bodies. Harrop does have a capacity to produce something out of nothing. But we need to have him match sharp pretty quickly.

What we really need, more than this, is proper cover at full-back because KVY's issues are clearly dragging on and we are about to play more than half a season in three and a half months with two 35-year-olds.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 11:26]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:33 - Jan 18 with 1725 viewsCokeIsKey

I’m sure he’s got plenty of talent but our transfer business has honestly been a joke recently. In the last 5 transfer windows we’ve only spent money on one permanent senior signing (KVY) and one permanent senior player under the age of 28 (KVY again).

Hardly green shoots given most of our squad is now made up of loans who will go away and players way past their prime who only have a few years left.

As for this signing, do we really need another skilled yet injury prone central midfielder? We’ve already got Bishop, Dobra and El Mizouni who can play that role. Would it be unreasonable to ask for a young, promising and athletic fullback instead - a position that we’ve clearly been missing this season?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 11:36]

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:37 - Jan 18 with 1695 viewstractorboy1978

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:26 - Jan 18 by SomethingBlue

You do have a point there — we are going to have to rotate like hell and there is an extent to which we do need bodies. Harrop does have a capacity to produce something out of nothing. But we need to have him match sharp pretty quickly.

What we really need, more than this, is proper cover at full-back because KVY's issues are clearly dragging on and we are about to play more than half a season in three and a half months with two 35-year-olds.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 11:26]

Certainly agree with that - although for me Donacien has never really let us down as such even if he is a clear downgrade on KVY. He can play both sides (better than Kenlock for me) but PL had made his mind up on him on day 1.

Harrop has decent pedigree - he made 36 appearances and scored 8 goals in a decent Preston side that was pushing the top 6 in the Championship last year. If he's playing as he can then he improves what we have. IF is the big question though.
Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:37 - Jan 18 with 1684 viewsfranz_tyson

Wouldn’t it be better to sign a RB? As said before, we’ve got plenty of number 10’s and you can see this lad being played out of position out wide. If Lambert never wanted to play Donacien, why did he keep him in the squad for two years? In terms of squad building, there’s not much logic and too many players playing out of position.
Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:37 - Jan 18 with 1683 viewsJammyDodgerrr

But has made over 50 sub appearances, suggesting that he isn't a favoured starter more than anything. I dunno, but "83" appearances over four years seems fine to me.

Plus, he is meant to be decent at set pieces, something we have had zero threat at since Garbutt left.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:41 - Jan 18 with 1652 viewsdavblue

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:37 - Jan 18 by tractorboy1978

Certainly agree with that - although for me Donacien has never really let us down as such even if he is a clear downgrade on KVY. He can play both sides (better than Kenlock for me) but PL had made his mind up on him on day 1.

Harrop has decent pedigree - he made 36 appearances and scored 8 goals in a decent Preston side that was pushing the top 6 in the Championship last year. If he's playing as he can then he improves what we have. IF is the big question though.

i really don't think bringing in players is going to make the slightest bit of difference to how we play the game. That's ingrained in the coaching style of the club currently. Since Lambert has come in we have seen quite a few players and the same lack of chance creation which points to more fundamental issues than just personnel
Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:43 - Jan 18 with 1635 viewstractorboy1978

Josh Harrop - 25 years old - started 32 League games in his career on 11:41 - Jan 18 by davblue

i really don't think bringing in players is going to make the slightest bit of difference to how we play the game. That's ingrained in the coaching style of the club currently. Since Lambert has come in we have seen quite a few players and the same lack of chance creation which points to more fundamental issues than just personnel

It won't no, but better players give you a better chance of winning games - which is what we have been relying on for the entire season and a half in L1 under PL so far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024