Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes 14:22 - Jul 28 with 6942 viewsBluefish

Some of it just doesn't add up

Woolf
Donacien
Norwood
Nolan
Holy
El Mizouni
Nsiala lol

All avoid bomb squad

Dobra randomly doesn't then all is forgiven before a ball is kicked

Everyone else kicked out including the likes of McGavin that never had a look in or Nydam that was highlighted for effort or Lankester who was originally chucked back in straight away and then disappeared

There is more to this than what we know.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:24 - Jul 28 with 4462 viewsKieran_Knows

I imagine they avoided bomb squad on the basis that Cook & Ashton knew they wouldn't get 15+ players in for the start of/during pre-season.

I'm pretty certain most on your list below have been made available for transfer though.

With regards to Downes, I think it's just a case of he wants to leave, and Cook didn't want that around the squad. The rest, no idea.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:28 - Jul 28 with 4385 viewsBluefish

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:24 - Jul 28 by Kieran_Knows

I imagine they avoided bomb squad on the basis that Cook & Ashton knew they wouldn't get 15+ players in for the start of/during pre-season.

I'm pretty certain most on your list below have been made available for transfer though.

With regards to Downes, I think it's just a case of he wants to leave, and Cook didn't want that around the squad. The rest, no idea.

With our shortage of cms and lbs why send mcgavin and kenlock to the bomb squad? I expect some others would have been similar if they hadn't found an escape before pre season start. There is a clear divide for the players listed as they were allowed to train with the 1sts

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:29 - Jul 28 with 4371 viewsFPL_Tractor

Rumours that Nydam’s injury means he’s going to cash in the insurance. Might explain that one.

I suspect a few of last year’s squad were told they were staying (Norwood, KVY), others were told they had a chance if they should the right attitude (Dobra, Woolfenden) and a final group were told they were effectively on trial (Nolan, Donacien, El Mizouni, Ndaba). We’ll see how many of the 20/21 squad are here come September but it’s worth remembering players need a buyer (at an acceptable fee/wage) too, which I suspect is the problem with Jackson.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:32 - Jul 28 with 4299 viewsgtsb1966

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:29 - Jul 28 by FPL_Tractor

Rumours that Nydam’s injury means he’s going to cash in the insurance. Might explain that one.

I suspect a few of last year’s squad were told they were staying (Norwood, KVY), others were told they had a chance if they should the right attitude (Dobra, Woolfenden) and a final group were told they were effectively on trial (Nolan, Donacien, El Mizouni, Ndaba). We’ll see how many of the 20/21 squad are here come September but it’s worth remembering players need a buyer (at an acceptable fee/wage) too, which I suspect is the problem with Jackson.

Which makes it even more ridiculous that we took up the option on Jackson.
I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:35 - Jul 28 with 4207 viewstractorboy1978

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:32 - Jul 28 by gtsb1966

To be fair, we'd turned down £1m odd both last summer and in January, so not an unfair assumption we could get a decent fee this summer.
I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:37 - Jul 28 with 4184 viewshomer_123

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:35 - Jul 28 by tractorboy1978

To be fair, we'd turned down £1m odd both last summer and in January, so not an unfair assumption we could get a decent fee this summer.

Yep, even £500k to £750k would do us.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:37 - Jul 28 with 4174 viewsPinewoodblue

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:32 - Jul 28 by gtsb1966

Not if we thought we could get a fee for him.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:37 - Jul 28 with 4193 viewsitfcjoe

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:29 - Jul 28 by FPL_Tractor

Phil confirmed in his stories at the time that Norwood and Dobra were told they could leave

THink there are obvious things why some people still involved

Norwood - bumper contract that no one else would pay

KVY - would have to sell at a loss, and has long contract, plus is player that could be worth 10x what we paid for him

Woolfie - long contract, so would be hard to get rid of without giving away

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:39 - Jul 28 with 4149 viewsSamWhiteUK

"There is more to this than what we know"

Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. Whichever is the case, we can't do anything about it, and we will get nowhere speculating. We don't need thread after thread on it, and I thought the time of talking about the "bomb squad" was starting to be put to bed. Apparently not, and I'm not surprised to see that it's you who's dragged it up again. I'm sure you'll be looking for the first sign of discontent, and this is the post you'll link back to when you tell us that you called it and explain to us just how much more you know about football than the rest of the board.
I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:39 - Jul 28 with 4152 viewsMattinLondon

Or maybe there isn’t, as the simplest explanation could well be what happened.

The ones who left, Cook didn’t want as either they weren’t what he wanted in terms of style, they weren’t good enough or he didn’t like their attitude.

Maybe he liked Dobra but wanted to see more from him. Same with Norwood.

Downes - doesn’t want to keep a player who doesn’t want to be here.
Toto - thinks there’s a player in there or a cheap backup.
A few others he wouldn’t have seen a lot of them actually playing.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 14:40]
I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:40 - Jul 28 with 4130 viewsWD19

If we had released Jackson he would currently be limbering up in pre-season with one of our L1 rivals.

At least this way, for relatively little outlay, we get to choose where he goes and insert a sell on clause should he ever flourish. That said, our best bet is probably a low end championship side taking a punt on him as a back up striker on a season long loan.
I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:40 - Jul 28 with 4126 viewsHerbivore

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:37 - Jul 28 by homer_123

There's zero chance of getting that for him off the back of a poor season in a depressed market though. I doubt anyone will pay enough for him to cover the costs of moving him on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:41 - Jul 28 with 4119 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There is always more to everything than we know. For example you don't seem to have heard that Nydam got another injury. I suspect injuries have got the better of Lankester too.

It is a real testament to Dobra's attitude that he earned his way back into contention and he was one of our better players last night. I think he will give Burns real competition for the right side of midfield.

I take from your list that Nsiala is going to replace Edwards as your favourite hate character.

If Holy had gone to the bomb squad we would only have one keeper. After last night's performance I would be surprised if we are not looking for another keeper.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:44 - Jul 28 with 4039 viewsKeaneish

It’s as simple as he’s said, he wants committed players and on a he rates - everyone else, unless they show otherwise can jog on. That’s the story, nothing more.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:44 - Jul 28 with 4023 viewschrismakin

Obvious

PC had chats with everyone

Some players got upset about it, spread rumours and it made it's way onto social media.

Others acted grown up about it and moved on or cracked on and came back wanting to be in the side.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:45 - Jul 28 with 4016 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:40 - Jul 28 by Herbivore

There's zero chance of getting that for him off the back of a poor season in a depressed market though. I doubt anyone will pay enough for him to cover the costs of moving him on.

The decision to keep him seemed as strange as that to keep Drinan. We did manage to move Drinan on, though.

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:49 - Jul 28 with 3958 viewsFPL_Tractor

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:37 - Jul 28 by itfcjoe

Phil confirmed in his stories at the time that Norwood and Dobra were told they could leave

KVY - would have to sell at a loss, and has long contract, plus is player that could be worth 10x what we paid for him

I guess the main point I was trying to make is that there’s a blurry line between “being told you can leave” and “being told you’ll never play for me again”. Plus of course there’s the pragmatism of contract situations.

The interesting one is Downes, I’d have said he’d be the easiest sale, if he wanted to go, but hasn’t yet but doesn’t seem to be part of plans here. Just being careful?

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:50 - Jul 28 with 3932 viewsgtsb1966

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:40 - Jul 28 by Herbivore

This. ....and the fact we are paying him a decent wage each week doesn't make sense to me. A loan back to Accrington is about as good as we'll get I reckon.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 14:52]
I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:54 - Jul 28 with 3880 viewsjayessess

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:45 - Jul 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

The decision to keep him seemed as strange as that to keep Drinan. We did manage to move Drinan on, though.

Drinan's very low wages probably helped with that one, I guess. With Jackson we'll have to find someone prepared to take on £200k in wages before we even get to asking for a fee.

Suspect there might be some interested clubs who know if they wait until August 31st then we'll be happy just to get him off the wage bill.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:55 - Jul 28 with 3852 viewsitfcjoe

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:49 - Jul 28 by FPL_Tractor

I guess the main point I was trying to make is that there’s a blurry line between “being told you can leave” and “being told you’ll never play for me again”. Plus of course there’s the pragmatism of contract situations.

The interesting one is Downes, I’d have said he’d be the easiest sale, if he wanted to go, but hasn’t yet but doesn’t seem to be part of plans here. Just being careful?

I'd guess we still want a decent fee for Downes, when the reality is we are going to struggle to get one.....wouldn't surprise me if he ends up going out on loan this year near the end of the window and we trigger the option on his contract to sell him next summer (hopefully of the back of a good season)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:56 - Jul 28 with 3836 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:44 - Jul 28 by chrismakin

Obvious

PC had chats with everyone

Some players got upset about it, spread rumours and it made it's way onto social media.

Others acted grown up about it and moved on or cracked on and came back wanting to be in the side.

I'd like to believe this but there's zero evidence this was the case. Same with others who are desperate to spin things negatively.

We all need to move on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:56 - Jul 28 with 3816 viewsKeno

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:37 - Jul 28 by homer_123

do you think we've have to pay that much?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 14:57]

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:57 - Jul 28 with 3805 viewsPhilTWTD

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:37 - Jul 28 by itfcjoe

Norwood I was told initially had been told he could move on, but another source subsequently said otherwise. However, if they received a bid which they felt was reasonable I'm sure they'd have let him go. But I don't think anyone who might be interested would have enough money to do that deal.
I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:58 - Jul 28 with 3761 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:54 - Jul 28 by jayessess

Drinan's very low wages probably helped with that one, I guess. With Jackson we'll have to find someone prepared to take on £200k in wages before we even get to asking for a fee.

Suspect there might be some interested clubs who know if they wait until August 31st then we'll be happy just to get him off the wage bill.

I was a little surprised anyone was keen enough on Drinan to pay a fee (I assume we got something or else what was the point at all?). Two very similar situations (players I cannot see us wanting for our squad), just at different levels of finance. It will be interesting to see what happens with him. As indeed it will be with Downes. I find it hard to believe there is no real interest in him.

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:59 - Jul 28 with 3748 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd love to you know what happened behind the scenes on 14:57 - Jul 28 by PhilTWTD

Norwood I was told initially had been told he could move on, but another source subsequently said otherwise. However, if they received a bid which they felt was reasonable I'm sure they'd have let him go. But I don't think anyone who might be interested would have enough money to do that deal.

It doesn't make much sense when LON was saying Norwood would definitely get goals if he had service. This was around the time he was meeting Cook so I would imagine it was the party line rather than him going out on his own.

I don't think Norwood's place has ever been in doubt.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024