Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So six people can now meet outside 17:20 - May 28 with 6821 viewsgtsb1966

Big gamble from the government there. If there is a second spike they will get slaughtered for that. Fingers crossed there isn't.
Monday. (n/t) on 18:54 - May 28 with 2648 viewsBloots

So six people can now meet outside on 18:51 - May 28 by Pendejo

So I can organise a BBQ in my dad's garden?

Dad, uncle, sister, her boyfriend, my wife and i.

Fire up the barbie! Destination Ipswich Saturday!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

So six people can now meet outside on 18:57 - May 28 with 2661 viewsShawsey

To much to soon. Until the death rate per day is below 50ish, the lockdown should continue as it is. Hundreds of people still dying everyday isn't the right time at all. Why risk it now, after months of sacrifice. Just crazy.
So six people can now meet outside on 18:58 - May 28 with 2656 viewsbluejacko

So six people can now meet outside on 18:51 - May 28 by Pendejo

So I can organise a BBQ in my dad's garden?

Dad, uncle, sister, her boyfriend, my wife and i.

Fire up the barbie! Destination Ipswich Saturday!

Yep don’t go inside and keep your distance, not hard to understand is it ?
I'll be fine..... on 18:58 - May 28 with 2645 viewsHerbivore

I'll be fine..... on 17:55 - May 28 by Bloots

….I haven't got 5 friends.

When I first saw that I assumed it was J2.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So six people can now meet outside on 19:05 - May 28 with 2629 viewsm14_blue

So six people can now meet outside on 18:34 - May 28 by Wicksy

Yeah - it's almost as if they're trying bury the Cummings fiasco with some good news

I really hope that isn’t the case but it’s difficult not to think it.

If so, and it turns out they’ve ignored or manipulated scientific advice for political gain, in a pandemic, that’s not great.

Can someone with more knowledge in the field (sparks) tell me if there’s potentially a scenario where a PM can be held accountable legally if his demonstrable negligence leads to unnecessary deaths?
So six people can now meet outside on 19:08 - May 28 with 2622 viewsShawsey

So six people can now meet outside on 19:05 - May 28 by m14_blue

If so, and it turns out they’ve ignored or manipulated scientific advice for political gain, in a pandemic, that’s not great.

Can someone with more knowledge in the field (sparks) tell me if there’s potentially a scenario where a PM can be held accountable legally if his demonstrable negligence leads to unnecessary deaths?

I have no legal knowledge, but if he can't legally, we need to change the law.
So six people can now meet outside on 19:10 - May 28 with 2617 viewssparks

So six people can now meet outside on 19:05 - May 28 by m14_blue

Very much doubt that would be feasible. Would certainly be novel.

Of course- even if it were possible, a government with a big majority could change the law to exempt itself!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

So six people can now meet outside on 19:11 - May 28 with 2612 viewsm14_blue

So six people can now meet outside on 19:10 - May 28 by sparks

Very much doubt that would be feasible. Would certainly be novel.

Of course- even if it were possible, a government with a big majority could change the law to exempt itself!

Cheers, interesting.

Was more theoretical than specific anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

I'll be fine..... on 19:31 - May 28 with 2583 viewsjeera

I'll be fine..... on 18:58 - May 28 by Herbivore

When I first saw that I assumed it was J2.

I thought it was Fishers!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So six people can now meet outside on 19:57 - May 28 with 2547 viewsBlueBadger

So six people can now meet outside on 18:57 - May 28 by Shawsey

To much to soon. Until the death rate per day is below 50ish, the lockdown should continue as it is. Hundreds of people still dying everyday isn't the right time at all. Why risk it now, after months of sacrifice. Just crazy.

Because Boris needs a Distraction From Dom.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

There has been a bit of a bump on 20:02 - May 28 with 2524 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

There has been a bit of a bump on 18:02 - May 28 by Guthrum

in the smoothed (7-day average) figure for infections, rising by about 700, with signs of a slight "uptick" in the corresponding smoothed daily deaths numbers over the last couple of days as well.

We are doing the aborted landing trajectory which likely terminates with an almighty crash!
[Post edited 28 May 2020 20:57]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So six people can now meet outside on 20:44 - May 28 with 2474 viewsfactual_blue

Mrs Factual and I were hoping to meet up with three other people - our hopes have been shattered.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So six people can now meet outside on 20:55 - May 28 with 2465 viewsfactual_blue

So six people can now meet outside on 19:57 - May 28 by BlueBadger

Because Boris needs a Distraction From Dom.

johnson and cummings - dick and dom

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So six people can now meet outside on 21:29 - May 28 with 2433 viewsgtsb1966

So six people can now meet outside on 20:55 - May 28 by factual_blue

johnson and cummings - dick and dom

Or Sub & Dom.
So six people can now meet outside on 21:42 - May 28 with 2422 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

So six people can now meet outside on 17:55 - May 28 by reusersfreekicks

Agree - older teenagers and early 20s are out and about together - no police anywhere to be seen even though a park is the obvious location.
Plus people are already meeting in bigger groups from more than 1 household already. As long as 2m rule kept number of people doesn't seem all that relevant?

Speaking as a police officer I’ve been to p!$$ on many people’s parties and gatherings but there simply isn’t enough police to cover the ‘actual criminal activity’ let alone that wishy washy hastily cobbled together “guidance” this govt thought was appropriate.
Police powers are pretty much useless when it comes to COVID and if I send people packing they’ll go elsewhere or simply return in half an hour knowing police simply can’t monitor every public place
So six people can now meet outside on 21:42 - May 28 with 2420 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What did the scientific advisors have to say about it?

Or indeed about whether Cummings broke the rules while we are about it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So six people can now meet outside on 21:54 - May 28 with 2401 viewsPlums

Gambling isn’t something a government should be doing in a pandemic.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

So six people can now meet outside on 09:24 - May 29 with 2297 viewsElephantintheRoom

Not at all - in theory.

People who have not got the virus cant give it to each other no matter how hard they try. In most parts of the country there is no evidence of any viruses in households locked down for 9 weeks... and even IF they have the virus keeping a distance outside should be adequate protection.

Plus this is herd immunity in disguise with the added benefit of track and tracing.... they have to find some cases from somewhere to get the track and trace system operating.... and this might trigger that - with the added bonus of knowing who your recent contacts are.

The big worry about the this somewhat reckless approach is that we are still not testing or isolating the only people actually in contact with the disease at least once a week.... NHS staff, carers etc. - which simply HAS to be where the virus is still coming from, unless you see to the somewhat worrying results of the only UK survey so far which showed a mere 70% of positive tests come from asymptomatic people.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So six people can now meet outside on 09:33 - May 29 with 2286 viewsGlasgowBlue

In Scotland it’s 8 people. And the R rate is higher up here.

Sturgeon trying to deflect from the Cummings row?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So six people can now meet outside on 09:38 - May 29 with 2272 viewsStokieBlue

So six people can now meet outside on 09:24 - May 29 by ElephantintheRoom

Not at all - in theory.

People who have not got the virus cant give it to each other no matter how hard they try. In most parts of the country there is no evidence of any viruses in households locked down for 9 weeks... and even IF they have the virus keeping a distance outside should be adequate protection.

Plus this is herd immunity in disguise with the added benefit of track and tracing.... they have to find some cases from somewhere to get the track and trace system operating.... and this might trigger that - with the added bonus of knowing who your recent contacts are.

The big worry about the this somewhat reckless approach is that we are still not testing or isolating the only people actually in contact with the disease at least once a week.... NHS staff, carers etc. - which simply HAS to be where the virus is still coming from, unless you see to the somewhat worrying results of the only UK survey so far which showed a mere 70% of positive tests come from asymptomatic people.

Your first and second paragraphs totally contradict each other.

How can it be herd immunity through the back door if you think that most households in the country haven't shown any virus for 9 weeks and thus can't pass it to each other?

Latest results are that 7% of the country have had it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52837593

SB
[Post edited 29 May 2020 9:38]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So six people can now meet outside on 09:51 - May 29 with 2248 viewsSteve_M

So six people can now meet outside on 09:33 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

In Scotland it’s 8 people. And the R rate is higher up here.

Sturgeon trying to deflect from the Cummings row?

I heard you can sunbathe as well, that's really taking the piss.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So six people can now meet outside on 09:52 - May 29 with 2245 viewsJammyDodgerrr

So six people can now meet outside on 18:57 - May 28 by Shawsey

Totally agree.

Seven day rolling averages suggest we have plateaued and they are not dropping quick enough. It is literally throwing peoples lives away to save the economy.

7 day rolling case avg: 2620.71
7 day rolling hosp death avg: 167.14
7 day rolling all deaths avg: 256.43

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

So six people can now meet outside on 09:57 - May 29 with 2238 viewsDarkHorse

So six people can now meet outside on 09:51 - May 29 by Steve_M

It really is, everyone knows that sunshine is more deadly to the Scots than any virus.
So six people can now meet outside on 10:40 - May 29 with 2217 viewsGlasgowBlue

So six people can now meet outside on 09:51 - May 29 by Steve_M

They’re just tormenting is with that aren’t they.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So six people can now meet outside on 10:43 - May 29 with 2212 viewsLibero

So six people can now meet outside on 09:24 - May 29 by ElephantintheRoom

Not at all - in theory.

Thick as mince.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024