Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So six people can now meet outside 17:20 - May 28 with 6805 viewsgtsb1966

Big gamble from the government there. If there is a second spike they will get slaughtered for that. Fingers crossed there isn't.
So six people can now meet outside on 10:46 - May 29 with 1317 viewsSwansea_Blue

So six people can now meet outside on 21:42 - May 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

What did the scientific advisors have to say about it?

Or indeed about whether Cummings broke the rules while we are about it.

The Scientific advisors aren't allowed to comment on science matters anymore.

In Wales, we're getting our announcement on relaxing the rules today. Obviously we're all hoping we'll allowed to mix with one flock again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So six people can now meet outside on 11:33 - May 29 with 1282 viewsElephantintheRoom

So six people can now meet outside on 19:05 - May 28 by m14_blue

I really hope that isn’t the case but it’s difficult not to think it.

If so, and it turns out they’ve ignored or manipulated scientific advice for political gain, in a pandemic, that’s not great.

Can someone with more knowledge in the field (sparks) tell me if there’s potentially a scenario where a PM can be held accountable legally if his demonstrable negligence leads to unnecessary deaths?

Are you serious? What is it about 'we followed the (inexplicable) science' or 'every person discharged from hospital into the community was a clinical decision' you didnt understand?

20% of the people who have died so far caught the disease whilst in hospital for other matters. 30% of the people who have died were diabetics.... ie under the care of the NHS...so the NHS has polished off 30,000 before we even reach those infected in care because of clinical decisions.

So the inquiry, when it publishes its initial findings in at least 5 years time will apportion blame where it is due. Just like Grenfell was the fault of the London fire service, so the genocide unleashed in this country will be due to 1. The NHS 2. The science 3. There are lessons we have to learn.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So six people can now meet outside on 12:42 - May 29 with 1258 viewsLibero

So six people can now meet outside on 11:33 - May 29 by ElephantintheRoom

Are you serious? What is it about 'we followed the (inexplicable) science' or 'every person discharged from hospital into the community was a clinical decision' you didnt understand?

20% of the people who have died so far caught the disease whilst in hospital for other matters. 30% of the people who have died were diabetics.... ie under the care of the NHS...so the NHS has polished off 30,000 before we even reach those infected in care because of clinical decisions.

So the inquiry, when it publishes its initial findings in at least 5 years time will apportion blame where it is due. Just like Grenfell was the fault of the London fire service, so the genocide unleashed in this country will be due to 1. The NHS 2. The science 3. There are lessons we have to learn.

You've absolutely lost the plot, surprised you're here after yesterdays unprovoked personal attack on Badger and his work in the NHS.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 12:47]
So six people can now meet outside on 13:49 - May 29 with 1224 viewsElderGrizzly

So six people can now meet outside on 10:46 - May 29 by Swansea_Blue

The Scientific advisors aren't allowed to comment on science matters anymore.

In Wales, we're getting our announcement on relaxing the rules today. Obviously we're all hoping we'll allowed to mix with one flock again.

Our medical experts estimate 54,000 new cases a week is the real figure here and that is even before schools go back next week and we appear to be relaxing measures all over the place.

South Korea locked down again with 79 new cases in a day.

Someone is wrong
So six people can now meet outside on 14:15 - May 29 with 1206 viewssolemio

The parachute has slowed down our fall. Now we can discard the parachute.
Sounds sensible.
So six people can now meet outside on 14:22 - May 29 with 1191 viewsSpruceMoose

C'mon Phil, one decent football blog shouldn't mean we have to put up with this bum forever more if he's going to be behave like this - especially after yesterday's attack.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 14:54]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So six people can now meet outside on 15:44 - May 29 with 1148 viewsElephantintheRoom

So six people can now meet outside on 18:57 - May 28 by Shawsey

To much to soon. Until the death rate per day is below 50ish, the lockdown should continue as it is. Hundreds of people still dying everyday isn't the right time at all. Why risk it now, after months of sacrifice. Just crazy.

I dont know for sure what the daily death rate is at present - but the death rate could be pretty low at the moment... the daily death announcements are just those registered on any day - and can be any time in the last six weeks.

And the whole point of track and trace - if you believe in it given our woeful testing ability is to identify who has got the disease and isolate them and their contacts... which is the single most important thing to do and the one thing the country has not been doing.

Don't panic!! The infection rate is bound to go up because for the first time we are actually looking for people with the disease

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So six people can now meet outside on 15:52 - May 29 with 1135 viewsDecoy_Octopus

We're not going out. My wife is shielding so don't want to put her at risk at all.

If I do have to go out for any reason I will be sensible and stay away from people, but it sucks I'm having to rely on others to be sensible too.

Our children aren't going back to school on 1st June either, no way.
Login to get fewer ads

So six people can now meet outside on 16:39 - May 29 with 1104 viewsShawsey

I haven't been on here long, but that will take some beating as the stupidest post I will ever read. You need to have a very strong word with yourself.
So six people can now meet outside on 16:47 - May 29 with 1088 viewsShawsey

So six people can now meet outside on 15:44 - May 29 by ElephantintheRoom

I dont know for sure what the daily death rate is at present - but the death rate could be pretty low at the moment... the daily death announcements are just those registered on any day - and can be any time in the last six weeks.

And the whole point of track and trace - if you believe in it given our woeful testing ability is to identify who has got the disease and isolate them and their contacts... which is the single most important thing to do and the one thing the country has not been doing.

Don't panic!! The infection rate is bound to go up because for the first time we are actually looking for people with the disease

The number of deaths they give us today is for the previous day. I am sure that is what they say. To say they are just plucked at random from the last 6 weeks is just ridiculous. Please don't argue just for arguments sake. It just makes you look silly.
So six people can now meet outside on 17:01 - May 29 with 1071 viewsSwansea_Blue

So six people can now meet outside on 18:40 - May 28 by DebsyAngel

That is not what I meant - I meant from since this outrage about him has come to light more people have used a devil may care and "if he can do it, so we can" attitude.

That is certainly what the police are saying. Not that it wasn't happening before as there obviously were breaches. But that they've noticed more now and people are also using the 'Cummings excuse'. It's been reported that more people are now arriving at their second homes down in this neck of the woods and justifying it on the grounds of Cummings too.

Now the government have officially opened up the loophole that Cummings invented, it has also given people an excuse to legally go against the intended purpose of the guidelines.

So that's a double whammy. People breaching lockdown because Cummings did (so those will be classed as stupid or selfish people) and some now legally able to act contrary to the aims of the guidance by exploiting the Cummings exception (those people are in their right despite being as big a risk as those in the first group).

What a mess, all because they performed mental gymnanstics to protect Cummings.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 17:06]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So six people can now meet outside on 17:02 - May 29 with 1070 viewsShawsey

So six people can now meet outside on 15:44 - May 29 by ElephantintheRoom

324 YESTERDAY.
So six people can now meet outside on 17:46 - May 29 with 1041 viewsShawsey

So six people can now meet outside on 18:51 - May 28 by Pendejo

So I can organise a BBQ in my dad's garden?

Dad, uncle, sister, her boyfriend, my wife and i.

Fire up the barbie! Destination Ipswich Saturday!

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
So six people can now meet outside on 18:16 - May 29 with 1025 viewsrgp1

Did someone ask the professor what to do if percy sticks his head out?
So six people can now meet outside on 18:44 - May 29 with 1009 viewsgordon

So six people can now meet outside on 17:26 - May 28 by J2BLUE

Why? Logic and science suggests it will be fine as long as people maintain distance. There's little reason (space allowing) why people can't keep 3-4m away outside.

There seems to be a fairly strong consensus that we're doing too much too early and taking an unnecessary risk of a second peak, which would be much harder to get back under control than the first.

The issue around barbecues is the sharing of food, plates, cutlery, glasses etc, and it's quite important to say that the 'virus doesn't spread as much outside' conclusion wasn't reached during barbecue season.

I'd be gobsmacked if we aren't already in a really difficult position with the lags in symptoms developing & people getting tested and then getting the test results, when all we've got to save us is a catastrophic Matt Hancock test and trace system.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024