Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One of my best friends has passed away 22:43 - Jun 5 with 8571 viewsDanTheMan

30 years old. No idea what's happened.

Feel kinda numb. Not even sure why I'm posting this.

How's everyone else's evening?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

One of my best friends has passed away on 08:29 - Jun 6 with 3052 viewsPJH

So sorry to read that.

My best mate over a period of about forty years died suddenly nine years ago, he was in his early sixties but very healthy, I still struggle with losing him.

I am sure you feel numb and likely will for a long time but try to remember the good times.

This does not help you with your loss but if I had been on TWTD nine years ago I would certainly have been posting about my mate.
One of my best friends has passed away on 08:41 - Jun 6 with 3037 viewsMullet

All the best Dan at this time. There’s no right way to grieve so post away if it helps.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

One of my best friends has passed away on 08:52 - Jun 6 with 3012 viewsDanTheMan

Again, thanks to everyone for the nice things they've said. I've read, and appreciated, them all.

One of my best friends has passed away on 08:54 - Jun 6 with 3009 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

That’s very sad news. Stay strong.
One of my best friends has passed away on 08:56 - Jun 6 with 3003 viewsDubtractor

Really sorry to hear that Dan, genuinely can't imagine what you must be feeling right now.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

One of my best friends has passed away on 09:03 - Jun 6 with 2995 viewsDarth_Koont

Very sad news.

It must have come as a terrible shock to you, his family and other friends. Take care of yourselves and each other.

Pronouns: He/Him

One of my best friends has passed away on 09:25 - Jun 6 with 2965 viewsPhilTWTD

Very sorry to hear that Dan. Our condolences.
One of my best friends has passed away on 10:00 - Jun 6 with 2938 viewsSwansea_Blue

Awful news Dan. Condolences and best wishes buh. You know where we are if you need to unload.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

One of my best friends has passed away on 10:01 - Jun 6 with 2934 viewsDebsyAngel

I am truly sorry about your friend and hope they rest in peace. Sympathetic hugs from me.
One of my best friends has passed away on 10:06 - Jun 6 with 2924 viewsShawsey

Sorry for your loss. So young. Try and remember the good times you had and the trouble you got into together.
One of my best friends has passed away on 11:21 - Jun 6 with 2881 viewsFunge

Sorry for your loss Dan.

For me, grief is the strangest emotion to process. Reflecting on my old man's death, one of the things I took greatest support from, was the outpouring of love and support I received from my friends.

As the posts above show, you've got the same love and support here - I hope it gives you some comfort.

Thoughts with you man. x
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 11:22]
One of my best friends has passed away on 11:37 - Jun 6 with 2858 viewsBluefish

really sorry to hear that Dan. That sort has an impact on all of us and makes us remember how fragile life really is, it is all part of being human. Look after yourself and never be afraid to reflect, laugh or cry and always remember that it is good to talk.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

One of my best friends has passed away on 12:09 - Jun 6 with 2845 viewsRyorry

So sorry to hear that Dan.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

One of my best friends has passed away on 12:23 - Jun 6 with 2818 viewsSE1blue

Very sorry to hear this Dan.

In my 30s, a friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer and we lost them within a week. I found this incredibly hard as I didn't even get a chance to see them one last time and felt robbed of a loved one.

What helped, was when I was back in a good place, I bought something to remind me of them. It's a painting (and I've never been into paintings!) but it's something that keeps them in the present with me and is a positive, tangible memory to have.

You can make it anything you want but you might find this helps. But above all, look after yourself right now and know that you were lucky to have each others friendship.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

One of my best friends has passed away on 12:24 - Jun 6 with 2814 viewsMoriarty

Sorry to read your friend has passed away.

fka omuircheartaigh

One of my best friends has passed away on 13:04 - Jun 6 with 2779 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So sorry to hear this Dan.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

One of my best friends has passed away on 13:07 - Jun 6 with 2777 viewsNthsuffolkblue

One of my best friends has passed away on 02:50 - Jun 6 by gainsboroughblue

Lovely words. Friends are truly the family you choose.

As harsh as it sounds, I have supposedly 'close' family members I would not bat an eyelid at if they passed away. I could name a dozen friends that if they died, I would be absolutely heartbroken.

I'll always remember a colleague at a place I worked at. Her best friend was killed in a car crash and was in absolute bits emotionally. Our boss wouldn't allow her the day off for the funeral (she went anyway in defiance) on the basis that it wasn't a blood relative. No amount of telling them that it isn't about what connects you to that person, it's who it is and what they mean to you would change their outlook.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 2:51]

In those circumstances a reasonable employer should at the very least have allowed unpaid time off or swapping a shift or something. It is very rare nothing can be done. I trust she received no recriminations for taking the time anyway.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

One of my best friends has passed away on 14:03 - Jun 6 with 2726 viewseireblue

Yea, that is truly cr@p.

Take care.
One of my best friends has passed away on 14:08 - Jun 6 with 2723 viewshoppy

Sorry to hear this Dan.

Thoughts with you.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

One of my best friends has passed away on 17:33 - Jun 6 with 2685 viewsBlueBadger

There's a virtual hug in the ether for you fella.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One of my best friends has passed away on 17:57 - Jun 6 with 2672 viewsgainsboroughblue

One of my best friends has passed away on 13:07 - Jun 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

In those circumstances a reasonable employer should at the very least have allowed unpaid time off or swapping a shift or something. It is very rare nothing can be done. I trust she received no recriminations for taking the time anyway.

She didn't because myself and another colleague told her to not come in.

The manager operated out of another project so would 90% likely not be dropping in. It was a chance worth taking.

But yeah, the broader point was that something could have been done to make her feel able to take that day off one way or another. I think there was some personal differences that got in the way that shouldn't have. It wasn't a particularly pleasant place to work.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

One of my best friends has passed away on 07:21 - Jul 10 with 2276 viewsDanTheMan

Just wanted to give an update to this.

Went to his funeral yesterday, and was lucky enough to give a speech for him.

He always liked keeping his friends and family separate so we'd not actually met any of them, but they were lovely people. Spent close to 6 hours in a pub with them afterwards, which he would have enjoyed.

Also wanted to say thank you to the people on here who offered support.

One of my best friends has passed away on 07:54 - Jul 10 with 2222 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

Really sorry to read this. Take care mate.
One of my best friends has passed away on 09:27 - Jul 10 with 2173 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Very sorry to hear that. Take care.
One of my best friends has passed away on 09:29 - Jul 10 with 2169 viewsGlasgowBlue

One of my best friends has passed away on 07:21 - Jul 10 by DanTheMan

Just wanted to give an update to this.

Went to his funeral yesterday, and was lucky enough to give a speech for him.

He always liked keeping his friends and family separate so we'd not actually met any of them, but they were lovely people. Spent close to 6 hours in a pub with them afterwards, which he would have enjoyed.

Also wanted to say thank you to the people on here who offered support.

Hope the funeral and meeting his parents brought some closure to the grieving process Dan.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024