Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ambitions for next season 13:50 - Jul 2 with 2251 viewsskyblue23

I’m curious what people would like out of next season in terms of league and cup competitions?

For me promotion is a must, as was last season. But I’d also like us to try and get to Wembley and have a real go at the Leasing.com trophy. I get most people see it as a Micky mouse trophy but it’s a chance for a good day out and to actually win something. I can’t say I’m too worried about a run in the FA Cup or League Cup.

That’s my hopes but everybody is different.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Ambitions for next season on 13:59 - Jul 2 with 2021 viewsOldsmoker

I want us to win every match too.
After this season the bar is really low.
At the least, I want to see the green shoots of some sort of system or team strategy that we can all understand and get behind.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Ambitions for next season on 14:00 - Jul 2 with 2010 viewshomer_123

Ambition = Promotion
Reality = 10th

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Ambitions for next season on 14:13 - Jul 2 with 1988 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Trips to Wembley would be good (play off or leasing.com)

We sacrificed any possible of cup runs to finish mid table.

I'd be happy for us to give the leasing.com a go.

The main thing is I don't want Lambert to throw in the towel before we even start, with all his rubbish about too many games!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ambitions for next season on 14:15 - Jul 2 with 1983 viewsBiGDonnie

We never get what we want. So I'll just go for a slight improvement on this years finish.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Ambitions for next season on 14:16 - Jul 2 with 1978 viewshampstead_blue

Minimum play-offs with promotion

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Ambitions for next season on 14:16 - Jul 2 with 1976 viewsEwan_Oozami

To be able to get into Portman Road at some point would be good..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Ambitions for next season on 14:17 - Jul 2 with 1973 viewsfooters

Just get us fcking promoted before League One becomes our new normal. Sod the cups.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Ambitions for next season on 14:22 - Jul 2 with 1949 viewsGarv

Create an identity.

I've never been one for 'anything other than promotion is failure' and while obviously it has to be our aim (or was it simply to make the play offs, Lee?) we need to start looking like a cohesive team. I still think this might be difficult because our squad is not all that it's cracked up to be and we've a lot of youngsters who are expected to hit the ground running.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to recruitment this summer, if anything.

Can't say I'm bothered about the leasing.com but a cup run in general (preferably FA Cup) would go some way to instilling more confidence in the club, both for players and fans.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Ambitions for next season on 14:24 - Jul 2 with 1936 viewsITFC_Forever

15th.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ambitions for next season on 14:24 - Jul 2 with 1935 viewstractorboy1978

Just put this is in another thread but this season really is sh!t or bust. Anything other than promotion is a disaster of huge proportions given the way things seem to be going with wage caps and the gap between the Champ/L1 getting larger. When the music stops we seem to always be the ones without a chair.
Ambitions for next season on 14:33 - Jul 2 with 1905 viewsRyorry

At quick first glance misread header as "Adenoids for next season".

So I'll go with "give some of the yoofs game time & see how we get on with that strategy, we might be pleasantly surprised".

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ambitions for next season on 14:45 - Jul 2 with 1885 viewsMach_foreignBlue

5 points plan from Evans.
Ambitions for next season on 14:47 - Jul 2 with 1884 viewsmonty_radio

It feels as though, for this time of the year, so much more than usual is up in the air. Just as we cannot ultimately emerge from the national situation without a real commitment from everybody to strategy, invention and determination, just so, but with knobs on, for Town.

The club weirdly took the lead in trying to keep the embers of a dead season alive. Whatever strange vision of success led them to do that, could we have a lot more of it please - in deeds, not words. And could we be addressed succinctly and meaningfully about our intentions going into the new season, although I stop short of using the word "plan", unless there really is one. Without any of that we'll stumble to 7th/8th. Please let ITFC prove me wrong.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Ambitions for next season on 14:50 - Jul 2 with 1869 viewslongtimefan

Ambitions for next season on 14:45 - Jul 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

5 points plan from Evans.

I think we’ll beat that. We got 52 this year
Ambitions for next season on 15:07 - Jul 2 with 1823 viewsKeno

Staying up would good

I'd really like Lambert to be replaced with Dyer/Burley the youth given a chance

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ambitions for next season on 15:09 - Jul 2 with 1820 viewsIpswichKnight

I'd be surprised if the League cup even exists next season ( that said if that happens all results from it should be voided and stripped from the record books ;) )

We need to get out of this league don't care how we do it, if it's with a 100 points and a 100 goals or scrapping into the play-offs on the last kick of season by virtue of Alphabetical order I don't care just get out of this league!

Winning a few games in the FA cup would not be a bad thing it does breed a bit of confidence.
100 points, 100 goals.... on 15:15 - Jul 2 with 1797 viewsBloots

….promotion by Easter.

"HMS P*ss The League"

Lambert out.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Ambitions for next season on 15:23 - Jul 2 with 1787 viewsIllinoisblue

Extended runs in first team for our much heralded - yet seldom used - youngsters.

Free transfers for Judge and Nolan

Lambert gone and replaced by Dyer

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ambitions for next season on 15:30 - Jul 2 with 1756 viewsPJH

I would hope that the Leasing Cup is scrapped or at least we have the option NOT to enter it.
Ambitions for next season on 15:49 - Jul 2 with 1732 viewsbrazil1982

Ambitions for next season on 14:16 - Jul 2 by hampstead_blue

Minimum play-offs with promotion

Me too, not bothered about this Leasing.com trophy and wouldn't go to Wembley for it either. I find it shameful we have to compete in it and I boycott it because of the U23 sides inclusion.
Ambitions for next season on 18:06 - Jul 2 with 1633 viewsBlueBadger

Teddy Bishop to be fit next month.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ambitions for next season on 18:48 - Jul 2 with 1603 viewsShawsey

I expect top 2, but would settle for play-off winners. Day at Wembley would be great. Forget the cups until we are a mid table Championship side again.
Ambitions for next season on 21:45 - Jul 2 with 1497 viewsGeoffSentence

100 points 100 goals.

I want it every season, one year it will come about.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ambitions for next season on 21:54 - Jul 2 with 1481 viewspointofblue

Ambitions for next season on 18:06 - Jul 2 by BlueBadger

Teddy Bishop to be fit next month.

Teddy Bishop to be fit for a month.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Some fitness for key players, youth and a change of approach from Lambert on 22:01 - Jul 2 with 1465 viewsunstableblue

It seems we're lumped with Lambert... which is concerning given potential wage restrictions and his inability to get the best out of the available squad.

I do think Lambert can fire up the team, I'm not clear whether he's a great man manager (Mick was recently lauded for this trait by Williams), but I certainly think he is not..... (must not say it, must not say it....) strong at setting up the team, the system, embedding fluidity.

I really want to see Lambert trying to get more players breaking forward, breaking the lines, flooding the box.

I do think we cannot estimate the loss of KVY. The highlight of this season was the Downes flying header. THAT IS THE FOOTBALL WE HAVE CRAVED. And KVY initiated it. Some of his play was just excellent. We need him fit for next season.

We also need another runner/attacking player who can break the lines to have a long run in the team - with a stay fit Bishop,or a Dobra, El Mizouni or Lankester.

We need Downes to just keep improving and find the right partner alongside.. I really don't know what happened to Hughes.

We need norwood to just score goals. With Jackson alongside or another.

The Wolf like Downes just needs to continue to improve, and get the right partner alongside him. I'm not sure that's Chambers.

And of course we need a left back.

So not much to ask then!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024