Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The injuries might be debilitating but ... 17:09 - Dec 12 with 5063 viewsSomethingBlue

... you still don't lose 0-7 on aggregate at home to Hull, Charlton and Pompey I'm afraid.

Whatever that says about Lambert — which is the obvious — this is our lot now til someone takes over from Evans. He's pretty much told us that himself. We need a miraculous intervention from somewhere before it's too late.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 17:20]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:10 - Dec 12 with 2462 viewsthebooks

Quite. The football itself is wrong – plod, plod, plod, plod, hoof. 80% possession.

I still think if the crowd – all 2000 of them – continue to turn that’ll be enough to force a change.
The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:11 - Dec 12 with 2451 viewsChocorange

Well said

God knows what the away games will result in
The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:12 - Dec 12 with 2425 viewsJakeITFC

Especially galling when all these teams have to do to beat us is turn up and be organised.

Really seems like a quite simple fix to give us a go at getting up, but you’re right - Evans isn’t going to budge.
The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:13 - Dec 12 with 2383 viewsSwansea_Blue

We’ll be ok once Evans and Lambert get the vaccine, then Bill Gates can take over

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:14 - Dec 12 with 2382 viewsBent_double

Add in Lincoln and Sunderland 1-0 defeats, we are totally, completely ineffective against any half-decent side in this league.

Might get a point or 3 against Burton, but then it's the inevitable 2 or 3-0 defeat to Posh.

Merry blooody Christmas.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:14 - Dec 12 with 2374 viewsTrumptonBlue

Honestly, this negativity is outrageous. It was only 0-7.
The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:14 - Dec 12 with 2370 viewsSomethingBlue

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:12 - Dec 12 by JakeITFC

Especially galling when all these teams have to do to beat us is turn up and be organised.

Really seems like a quite simple fix to give us a go at getting up, but you’re right - Evans isn’t going to budge.

At this point I honestly think nothing will improve us without a new owner. He's talking us into oblivion, in my view. We need something to come up for us quickly, god knows how.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:17 - Dec 12 with 2330 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It's not the raw statistic either.

The 0 stood very little chance of changing. There is no goal threat at all. The goals against were fairly equally shared out because none of those opposition had to do anything special to get the wins. It wasn't even a threat of a backs-to-the-wall draw in any one of those games.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:17 - Dec 12 with 2316 viewsAce_High1

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:14 - Dec 12 by SomethingBlue

At this point I honestly think nothing will improve us without a new owner. He's talking us into oblivion, in my view. We need something to come up for us quickly, god knows how.

Fans need to boycott the club, only way Evans will sell up.

Whilst people keep going, Marcus thinks that is support for him and his regime.

Stop going - the club either folds or it forces drastic change - either option is better than where we are now.
The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:20 - Dec 12 with 2286 viewsketton_itfc

Oh too true.

It's one thing to have the injuries like we have - but the organisation of the team, tactics and game management is woeful. It is utterly abysmal.

I just hope/dream that us supporters can somehow organise ourselves into a group with a few figureheads (Simon Milton?) and somehow raise the money to turn Evans head with repayment linked to future success/revenue. This looks the only way out of this continual demise.
The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:21 - Dec 12 with 2280 viewsHerbivore

Shrewsbury were very unfortunate not to beat us at PR by just turning up and being organised and they are utter turd. Sad times.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:21 - Dec 12 with 2275 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:17 - Dec 12 by Ace_High1

Fans need to boycott the club, only way Evans will sell up.

Whilst people keep going, Marcus thinks that is support for him and his regime.

Stop going - the club either folds or it forces drastic change - either option is better than where we are now.

Evans sells to a non existant buyer and then what?

Same shambles, same guff... same nonsense.

I'm done with it.
The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:22 - Dec 12 with 2246 viewsAce_High1

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:21 - Dec 12 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Evans sells to a non existant buyer and then what?

Same shambles, same guff... same nonsense.

I'm done with it.

How can we be any worse?

Sport is about competing - if we can't even compete in league 1, we might as well cease to exist. Something new will take our place and we go again.
The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:23 - Dec 12 with 2233 viewsChurchman

Why should Evans budge. He is only interested in keeping costs down. Salary cap next year? I’m sure he’s thinking bring it on. He showed zero ambition when McCarthy had a chance so he certainly won’t show any now.

Div 2 in 2 seasons time. ‘Injuries’, ‘financial rules’, ‘Donal Trump’, ‘the weather’, blah blah blah. Disinterest and blinding incompetence = oblivion. So sad.
The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:27 - Dec 12 with 2170 viewsTrumptonBlue

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:21 - Dec 12 by Herbivore

Shrewsbury were very unfortunate not to beat us at PR by just turning up and being organised and they are utter turd. Sad times.

Although they have just won away at the league leaders.
The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:30 - Dec 12 with 2129 viewsHerbivore

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:27 - Dec 12 by TrumptonBlue

Just shows what a piss poor league this is.

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:50 - Dec 12 with 2056 viewsIllinoisblue

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:17 - Dec 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

It's not the raw statistic either.

The 0 stood very little chance of changing. There is no goal threat at all. The goals against were fairly equally shared out because none of those opposition had to do anything special to get the wins. It wasn't even a threat of a backs-to-the-wall draw in any one of those games.

That’s what stands out for me; the lack of any serious threat. We must be the easiest team to play against. All the possession is in our own half. Tip tap sideways a few times then whack it out of touch. Repeat.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:54 - Dec 12 with 2030 viewswaveneyblue

Totally agree. But what next ?

The death by a thousand cuts just continues week by week, month by month.

Theres far too many people getting very close to no longer giving a sh*t. I don't mean reactionary after a defeat, I mean deep down stop caring.

This makes me so sad
The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 18:45 - Dec 12 with 1952 viewsBent_double

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:27 - Dec 12 by TrumptonBlue

Changed their manager a few games ago didn't they? Sunderland also showing signs of improvement with a new manager.

We're still waiting for that 'new manager bounce' since Lamberts arrival.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 09:55 - Dec 14 with 1726 viewsHarlestonblue

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:10 - Dec 12 by thebooks

Quite. The football itself is wrong – plod, plod, plod, plod, hoof. 80% possession.

I still think if the crowd – all 2000 of them – continue to turn that’ll be enough to force a change.

imagine how toxic it would have been with 15,000 in the ground
The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 10:48 - Dec 14 with 1655 viewsKieran_Knows

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 17:54 - Dec 12 by waveneyblue

Totally agree. But what next ?

The death by a thousand cuts just continues week by week, month by month.

Theres far too many people getting very close to no longer giving a sh*t. I don't mean reactionary after a defeat, I mean deep down stop caring.

This makes me so sad

I am one of those that no longer gives a flying f*ck about it all. Same sh*t, different season.

Like the tw@t I am, I still continue to pay monthly for my season ticket, due to just not having the balls to cancel it, but I haven't applied for any games so far, and don't intend to in the near future either.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 11:27 - Dec 14 with 1597 viewsstantheman

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 10:48 - Dec 14 by Kieran_Knows

I am one of those that no longer gives a flying f*ck about it all. Same sh*t, different season.

Like the tw@t I am, I still continue to pay monthly for my season ticket, due to just not having the balls to cancel it, but I haven't applied for any games so far, and don't intend to in the near future either.

The thing is I expect covid to have even a bigger effect on season ticket take up in the future. It was one of the factors (not the only one tbf) that I didn't renew this season. The thing is when you no longer go week in week out you end up not missing the routine of going. A number of my mates over the years have felt exactly the same.
The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 11:44 - Dec 14 with 1549 viewsjayessess

On Saturday we had... basically our first choice back five, 2 out of 3 first choice midfielders, 3 of 4 strikers available, all bar 2 of our wide/attacking midfielders. If your plan can't cope with, in essence, 2 key absentees, then it's a bad plan.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 12:10 - Dec 14 with 1502 viewsDarth_Koont

I think the key whatever formation and long-term style we’re trying to develop is that we must always compete in the short term. Or it just puts pressure on the manager and players.

That seems to be where we’ve really been going wrong over the past couple of years. We can look half decent when the opposition isn’t that good or isn’t well set up. But we always seem to come out second best against an organised team.

IMO the biggest problem appears to be that we lack the ability or the team mentality to dig in and frustrate the opposition which we’ll always need to do at some stage of any game. By not doing that we invite the pressure (that even stresses us when we do get on the ball as we get cautious and slow). It’s depressing to see opposition teams let us have the ball and hold us at arm’s length but hardly ever do the same when the roles are reversed.

Re: injuries, I think Downes particularly but even Skuse are big losses in that respect. And going forward it would be good to see a midfield that gets say, Downes and Nydam in the opposition’s faces and also letting Dozzell play to his strengths.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 12:12]

Pronouns: He/Him

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 12:14 - Dec 14 with 1488 viewsHerbivore

The injuries might be debilitating but ... on 11:44 - Dec 14 by jayessess

On Saturday we had... basically our first choice back five, 2 out of 3 first choice midfielders, 3 of 4 strikers available, all bar 2 of our wide/attacking midfielders. If your plan can't cope with, in essence, 2 key absentees, then it's a bad plan.

Only 2 players out? Come on now. I'm not a Lambert fan and I don't think the injuries wash as an excuse but I would suggest that if fit all of KVY, Downes, Bishop, Norwood and Edwards would be in our starting XI.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024