Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory 11:39 - Jan 12 with 2362 viewsStenvict

Does anyone else find it a little embarrassing?

1. We didn't even win the tie, we won half of it.
2. Out of all the Big 6 teams, Arsenal were and still are the kind of team you could sh1thouse your way to victory. After all, Birmingham beat them in the final.
3. It's not like we were minnows, we were mid-lower Championship at the time. We used to regularly compete with Arsenal.

This is the kind of thing I'd expect Norwich fans to celebrate.

Poll: What will be announced first?

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 11:40 - Jan 12 with 2353 viewshomer_123

It's Norwich'esq

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 11:43 - Jan 12 with 2327 viewsSuffolktractor

I agree it would s embarrassing, but the papers have got little else to write about at the moment.
This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 11:44 - Jan 12 with 2317 viewsSomethingBlue

It's pretty much our only big win of the past 15 years so I'm ok with remembering it tbh, was a cracking night and a well-done occasion by the club, showing how these things can be managed when ME is bothered.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 11:45 - Jan 12 with 2312 viewsFtnfwest

what celebrating? Are any events planned?
This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 11:46 - Jan 12 with 2301 viewsjeera

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 11:40 - Jan 12 by homer_123

It's Norwich'esq

Very.

It's just the sort of thing we have laughed at them for.

Do we even have an open top bus?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 11:47 - Jan 12 with 2303 viewsRegencyBlue

If Norwich were doing it we would be making jokes about an open top bus parade about now!

Sad times.
This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 11:50 - Jan 12 with 2268 viewsRadlett_blue

It's about the only excitement Town supporters have had in the last 15 years, save for reaching the play offs under Mick.
The chances of Town beating Arsenal over 2 legs were next to non existent, but the performance & result in the first leg gave us a flicker of hope. With half an hour to play, we were still ahead on aggregate, despite barely registering a single shot & Arsenal were beginning to become agitated.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 11:51 - Jan 12 with 2268 viewsjudespiveyg

Hell it's easily the best win I've ever seen from Ipswich in my 11 years of support (Literally the only win of any significance), and it still seems a bit over the top to me.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Login to get fewer ads

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 11:54 - Jan 12 with 2241 viewsIllinoisblue

Just wait until 2025’s video tribute to winning at Watford.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 11:57 - Jan 12 with 2222 viewsstonojnr

Nope.

But I dont think we are celebrating it,merely remembering it did happen, 90mins from Wembley closest we are likely to get for some time.

I was digging through some old stuff at the weekend as a clear out, and found the away ticket and saw the date which made me think wow was that really 10 years ago, lots happened since then, not all for the good, none of us back then thought the club would be in this state even if we were about to appoint Paul Jewell
This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 12:21 - Jan 12 with 2157 viewsTieDyedIn95

Yeah it's painful. We won the first leg and got smashed in the second. We then hoofed and hounded our way to league safety while also getting smashed against Norwich at home in a way we had never had before. We shouldn't even mention that season.

The sad thing is had we not appointed Jewell I am half convinced Keane would have taken us to the final and we'd have beaten Brum and still stayed up in the league. Arsenal were not interested that season, and the standard of the cup that year was very weak that I think Keane with his experience with cups would have seen us actually do it.

Instead we sacrificed the cup for the league, got smashed by Chelsea in the in-between in another total humiliation which sums Evans era up perfectly. Just total chaos, we had a cup semi-final and between that we had three different people running the first team.

That is not a way to run a club. Keane should have gone after if we did lose, but it was the one thing he could have achieved.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 12:26 - Jan 12 with 2146 viewsKeaneish

It just serves to show how far we have fallen as a club.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 12:28 - Jan 12 with 2135 viewsDubtractor

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 11:54 - Jan 12 by Illinoisblue

Just wait until 2025’s video tribute to winning at Watford.

2030 will be our comeback win at Plymouth.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 12:33 - Jan 12 with 2109 viewsjayessess

I've seen people say the play-off first leg draw with the other lot was their best game, which is much worse.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 12:36 - Jan 12 with 2091 viewsN2_Blue

It's embarrassing, and just another reminder of how far we have fallen.

I am 40 and I am almost certain I will never see my club play above the 2nd tier of English football or play in a major cup final in my lifetime.

I used to love being excited everytime ITFC had a match, sometimes the days between matches seemed to go on forever but now i have complete apathy and I'm just no longer bothered. It still hurts though, because it shouldn't be like this, and i will always be a fan of football, but ITFC fans of the last 15 years must be among the most long suffering in the country and it's not fun anymore because there is actually no hope.

As fans of football we have to accept our club cannot always win or be successful and there are highs and lows but with Town its just one big low point as we spiral ever downwards and it is the lack of hope or any awareness that the club is slowly dying that actually pains more than anything.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 12:38 - Jan 12 with 2088 viewsclive_baker

It's so cringe. Celebrating a 1st leg victory in the League Cup from 10 years ago. I was at ME's offices not too long ago, within the last couple of years, and they were playing a clip of Priskin's goal. Pretty cringe that it's the highlight of the ME era.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 12:41 - Jan 12 with 2070 viewsVaughan8

We were near the bottom of the championship, having just got thrashed 7-0 by Chelsea the game earlier and had just sacked Roy Keane.

Oh and we were rubbish. But yes were weren't minnows.

The last decent cup run we've had. However "celebrating it" is a bit sad.
This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 13:37 - Jan 12 with 1972 viewsMonkeyAlan

It's fckuing sad if we are stooping this low nowadays. We shouldnt be even giving it a second thought. It's not like we even won the round and went through.
This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 13:38 - Jan 12 with 1973 viewsRadlett_blue

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 12:38 - Jan 12 by clive_baker

It's so cringe. Celebrating a 1st leg victory in the League Cup from 10 years ago. I was at ME's offices not too long ago, within the last couple of years, and they were playing a clip of Priskin's goal. Pretty cringe that it's the highlight of the ME era.

it's a better highlight than losing the play off semi final to Norwich.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 13:54 - Jan 12 with 1948 viewsChurchman

It’s pathetic and embarrassing - and says how desperate things have been for all these years.

It was an enjoyable evening though. I actually enjoyed going to the away game too. Sat quite close to Wilnis and David Wright. Just a shame the game went the way it did.
This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 14:06 - Jan 12 with 1918 viewsRobTheMonk

I'm forever convinced that Tamas Priskin had untapped ability after that finish and also his offside overhead.
This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 14:07 - Jan 12 with 1915 viewshoppy

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 11:45 - Jan 12 by Ftnfwest

what celebrating? Are any events planned?

I might have a bottle of St Peter’s Plum Porter later.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 14:52 - Jan 12 with 1853 viewsChrisd

Without doubt. Ultimately celebrating a plucky attempt to make the League Cup final. Sadly, this is what we’ve become as a club because our recent history is so insignificant, scratching around for achievements to be proud of, but still end up as failures. It’s really embarrassing and one of a small club mentality. That’s us under ME I’m afraid.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 14:58]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

This celebrating of the 10 year anniversary of the Arsenal victory on 14:56 - Jan 12 with 1837 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah, it's a big 'scored away at Munich' isn't it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024