Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the infrastructure we are missing? 12:08 - Feb 17 with 3181 viewsGeoffSentence

Lamber thinks it's not there, Hurst thought so too. Bridges? Proper Sports Science ?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:12 - Feb 17 with 2653 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:12 - Feb 17 with 2651 viewsParsley

Recruitment, sports science, and a decent manager
What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:15 - Feb 17 with 2600 viewsclive_baker

A Head of Retail apparently.

I would say the most obvious ones to me are a dedicated CEO. The support structure around the first team including Sports Science, medical and qualified coaches leaves an awful lot to be desired. Overlay a disengaged moron as manager and you're left with a bit of a circus, no leadership, no guidance, no accountability. Just going through the motions and hoping a few of the players are professional enough to dig in and be scrappy enough to accumulate some points.

What makes me laugh is the amount of stick and amazement the Sunderland documentary caused on Netflix. The only difference between us and them is they had cameras to document it all. It's a complete circus.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:16 - Feb 17 with 2583 viewsmonty_radio

A professionally-led team of wise, cooperating heads that feel secure enough to build a project and fill in the gaps so that we don't entertain such ideas as sending the treatment table up to Scotland too.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:17 - Feb 17 with 2569 viewsGuthrum

In the modern era, there is usually someone to take responsibility for day-to-day running of the club off the shoulders of the senior coach, allow him to concentrate on training the players. Also to oversee transfer policy and negotiations.

There is often a Board of Directors to support the owner in making timely and correct decisions.

That's before you get into fine-tuning departments like sports science and sports psychology.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:18 - Feb 17 with 2560 viewsSomethingBlue

A chief executive. A proper recruitment network. Sports science professionals. A functioning communications setup. Those would do to begin with.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:19 - Feb 17 with 2551 viewshype313

The laughable thing about this is that Lambert would be the first to say he wouldn't work under a DOF, he just wants full control, but when things aren't going right he says the infrastructure isn't right.

STOP BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER BERK

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:19 - Feb 17 with 2540 viewsjayessess

HR Department. Paul's P45 has taken months to arrange.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:20 - Feb 17 with 2520 viewsElderGrizzly

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:12 - Feb 17 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

A key part I agree. And ironically one piece of the structure Lambert has said he doesn't like in clubs he manages. Same as Mick.
What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:21 - Feb 17 with 2502 viewsPinewoodblue

Think Lambert is complaining that he isn’t getting enough support in his efforts to see U23’s and Academy play it Lambert’s way.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:21 - Feb 17 with 2498 viewsKeno

manager

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:23 - Feb 17 with 2482 viewsclive_baker

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:19 - Feb 17 by jayessess

HR Department. Paul's P45 has taken months to arrange.

Part time HR advisor, they're on it

https://www.itfc.co.uk/club/jobs/

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:24 - Feb 17 with 2458 viewsjayessess

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:20 - Feb 17 by ElderGrizzly

A key part I agree. And ironically one piece of the structure Lambert has said he doesn't like in clubs he manages. Same as Mick.

One of many reasons why Lambert's protestations are just obfuscation. If he genuinely thought Ipswich needed some "structural change" he could have demanded it at any point.

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:27 - Feb 17 with 2410 viewsSenatorBlue

CEO*
DOF*
Head of Recruitment

*real ones, not the faux ones we have or have had.

Evans “fulfils” all of the above currently, or more to the point doesn’t, as is rarely present if ever. Hence he needs to step back and own, and employ people skilled in running a professional football club, who will be present 24/7.

Lambert is not the first to call it out, and won’t be the last. Still doesn’t mask the fact he’s failed to build/coach a decent first team, or get anything other than retrogression for the squad at his disposal.
What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:30 - Feb 17 with 2388 viewsOlly

We're run like it's still 1980, and not a good club even back then!

It's embarrassing how far behind modern football we are, clubs like Brentford/Barnsley, heck it pains me to say it, but even the budgies up the road (there are plenty more) continue to look forward and innovate with proper actual recruitment strategies and progression pathways for youngsters, whereas we're stuck in this constant mire of meaningless "plans" and no actual strategy or proper investment bar pumping some money into the playing squad to hopefully paper over the cracks.

I am hoping against all hope that one day Evans appoints a proper CEO and Director of Football who show up just how incompetent this place has been run for the last decade...but I am not holding my breath
What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:31 - Feb 17 with 2371 viewsMrTown

Recruitment model
Sports Science

Both of these departments done on a shoestring budget though.

New manager of course - this department is significantly overpaid.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:31 - Feb 17 with 2371 viewsKieran_Knows

I know for an absolute fact that Hurst was appalled for a club of our size/stature at how bad the gym and Sports Science side of things were here. Evans had to fork out quite a bit to upgrade the gym equipment when Hurst arrived.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:35 - Feb 17 with 2308 viewsMrTown

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:31 - Feb 17 by Kieran_Knows

I know for an absolute fact that Hurst was appalled for a club of our size/stature at how bad the gym and Sports Science side of things were here. Evans had to fork out quite a bit to upgrade the gym equipment when Hurst arrived.

Indeed, I spoke to Chris Skitt at the time and he echoed that.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:49 - Feb 17 with 2193 viewshoppy

Is it the fact that English is the language used at the training ground and at the club in general, and not the more efficient German?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:52 - Feb 17 with 2169 viewsjayessess

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:31 - Feb 17 by Kieran_Knows

But even that suggests a willingness on Evans' part to fix structural things, doesn't it?
Hurst identified the problem, asked for the facilities to be upgraded and they were.

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:52 - Feb 17 with 2156 viewsswede

Whatever it is that is missing, it is clear to so many in football including our ex-managers.
The problem clearly is the Marcus Evans Group. Failure under Keane, Jewell, McCarthy, Hurst & Lambert. The pattern is plain.

Swede junior has been a Town fan since he was five years old. He is currently employed in a senior management role at a Championship club. Because of his love for the club he interviewed for the same role at ITFC even though the salary was less. After the interview he phoned me and said "Dad, I won't take the job if they offer it. The whole set up under Marcus Evans is wrong." That told me all I need to know about the management of the club I have supported for over fifty years.
What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:53 - Feb 17 with 2143 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Dof

Transfer committee.... a better scouting network.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:54 - Feb 17 with 2126 viewsbadadski

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:49 - Feb 17 by hoppy

Is it the fact that English is the language used at the training ground and at the club in general, and not the more efficient German?

lambert is really referring too money, Wonga, mulla, de niro, pasetas.

Evans has to decide does he want to invest heavily which is what is now required to compete or remain where we are. A squad overhaul is needed any way for obvious reasons but also to compete he needs to do what he did initially and spend on big players or pass the club on.
What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:54 - Feb 17 with 2127 viewsKieran_Knows

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:52 - Feb 17 by jayessess

But even that suggests a willingness on Evans' part to fix structural things, doesn't it?
Hurst identified the problem, asked for the facilities to be upgraded and they were.

I think that was only because of the pressure from Hurst to do it. It shouldn't have been in that bad of a state in the first place, I think that's the point? How does a club of our size/stature run such a poorly equipped gym/Sports Science department? We should have that infrastructure in place already, if there was a DoF or Sporting Director to oversee the day to day running.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What's the infrastructure we are missing? on 12:55 - Feb 17 with 2115 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Does the club employ a psychologist? I think that I remember that we had one in about the mid-seventies, working on player confidence, and that it was thought at the time to be a great success. Perhaps PJH will remember...

In any case, I would think it well worth a try to get into the players' heads and work on their state of mind.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024