Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Meghan Markle stuff... 09:05 - Mar 4 with 17214 viewsSwailsey

All just reeks doesn't it?

Andrew is fine - they rally around him.

*If she has been bullying, then of course that's not good. But doesn't that sort of thing happen everywhere? It doesn't make it right of course - but national news? A statement? Get your own house in order please.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:46 - Mar 4 with 1731 viewsfactual_blue

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:41 - Mar 4 by artsbossbeard

I've absolutely no interest in the royal family yet here I am wading in...

There's a big difference to agreeing an interview to put your side of things across versus being chased around all day by a braying bunch of photographers and journalists looking for some salacious pictures & stories.

As KP said to Morgan yesterday - just please leave them alone.

I suspect a journalist would tell you that this is the price you pay for a free press. The Sussexes can't expect to put themselves in the news by doing high-profile (and presumably lucrative) interviews and not expect criticism in press; particularly when the narrative they're pushing is that the press killed Diana.

If you don't want the press after you, stay out of the way, don't seek the limelight.

Works for me.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:46 - Mar 4 with 1732 viewsElderGrizzly

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:41 - Mar 4 by artsbossbeard

I've absolutely no interest in the royal family yet here I am wading in...

There's a big difference to agreeing an interview to put your side of things across versus being chased around all day by a braying bunch of photographers and journalists looking for some salacious pictures & stories.

As KP said to Morgan yesterday - just please leave them alone.

100% this.

Controlling the narrative about your own life rather than allowing others to speak for you or make up stuff about you is to be applauded.

They simply weren't allowed to do that as part of the Royal Family.
This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:46 - Mar 4 with 1723 viewsSwailsey

God sorry everyone!!!

My main point really wasn't about them wanting to be left-alone/then being seen in public, it was more the unjust treatment she gets, the disproportionate about of grief and accusations which are thrown her way and the publicity it generates.

Phil - delete!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:49 - Mar 4 with 1706 viewsitfcjoe

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:46 - Mar 4 by footers

The US press and paparazzi aren't worse than here. In fact, we, along with the Australians, thanks to Murdoch, exported that particular brand of journalism to the States, in the form of Tatler et al in the 80s.

Watch the Framing Britney documentary when you get a chance

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:50 - Mar 4 with 1702 viewschicoazul

$1bn Netflix deals don’t pay for themselves you know.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:51 - Mar 4 with 1697 viewsMattinLondon

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:35 - Mar 4 by footers

God knows where we'd be without them. Can't thank Liz and co enough for all they've done for me.

About time this country becomes a republic.
This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:51 - Mar 4 with 1697 viewsitfcjoe

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:46 - Mar 4 by factual_blue

I suspect a journalist would tell you that this is the price you pay for a free press. The Sussexes can't expect to put themselves in the news by doing high-profile (and presumably lucrative) interviews and not expect criticism in press; particularly when the narrative they're pushing is that the press killed Diana.

If you don't want the press after you, stay out of the way, don't seek the limelight.

Works for me.

That's the key part - if you don't want the limelight then you can't stay in it and also keep going after other institutions, they will react

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:52 - Mar 4 with 1676 viewschicoazul

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:51 - Mar 4 by MattinLondon

About time this country becomes a republic.

Yes what is proven recently that we really need now is President Boris Johnson invested with absolute power.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:53 - Mar 4 with 1677 viewsartsbossbeard

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:45 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

But there has to be an expectation that if you are going to put your side of the story across, that those on the other side will push back against this with their side of the story?

Leave them alone, just effectively means let them set the agenda - there's obvious reasons why that isn't being allowed to happen

Seeing as Harry blames the press for the death of his mum, surely he gets a free pass here?

As before, I've not interest in the royal family but here I am...I also work on the rule that whatever upsets JHB or Darren Grimes means that I'll view things totally the opposite, which is great guide to life.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:00 - Mar 4 with 1636 viewsMattinLondon

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:51 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

That's the key part - if you don't want the limelight then you can't stay in it and also keep going after other institutions, they will react

The limelight was thrust upon Harry since he was born. He probably blames the media for chasing and killing his mum. He probably resents a lot of the public for demanding that he was seen crying at the flowers which were left at the gates of Buckingham Palace. And then had to walk in front of his mums coffin when only a young boy.

If he wants to conduct interviews on his terms only then I don’t blame him. He has served the country and helped organise the Invitus games.

F**k the tabloids and f**k the people who believe their lies.
This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:01 - Mar 4 with 1631 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

All to distract from the Oprah interview.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:03 - Mar 4 with 1615 viewsMattinLondon

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:52 - Mar 4 by chicoazul

Yes what is proven recently that we really need now is President Boris Johnson invested with absolute power.

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:05 - Mar 4 with 1599 viewsipswich78

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:13 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

How is Prince Andrew fine? He's been sacked.

Harry and Meghan have been taking digs at Buckingham Palace since they left for their "quiet life". It's no surprise Buck Palace is going to defend itself

Just last week they tried to tell the Queen what service entails, and they are about to go on Oprah and let loose at them....what do you expect the Palace to do?

Harry and Meghan have made this all about themselves for a long time, and are just massive hypocrites really - the only people that seem to like them now are those that don't like the Royal family as it is

But you're all wrong Joe... They wanted out of the Royal Family so they could have a quiet life and get out of the public eye.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:09 - Mar 4 with 1572 viewsmonytowbray

This thread will age will for a few.

Queen Shaggers.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:10 - Mar 4 with 1571 viewsBluefish

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:36 - Mar 4 by Lord_Lucan

There is almost definite a racial side to things for a very small amount of people but I think it's completely more that they have both behaved like a couple of feckwits.

The Prince and Princess of Privacy, Oh Hello Mr Corden, Oh hi Oprah.

I don't think Megan has had it anywhere as bad as Fergie, Fergie was crucified.

Maybe that was a ginger thing.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 9:39]

Perhaps they should have been honest about leaving and said because they are disgusting in the way they sponge off the public, hide paedophiles and murder people in tunnels

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:27 - Mar 4 with 1544 viewsMattinLondon

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:09 - Mar 4 by monytowbray

This thread will age will for a few.

Queen Shaggers.

Let’s all bow 🙇‍♂️ our heads simply due to an accident of birth.
This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:28 - Mar 4 with 1537 viewsm14_blue

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:51 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

Have you seen the way she’s been treated by the British press?

If that was your wife wouldn’t you want to try and protect her from it? Especially given what happened to his mum.

Of course they’re still massive celebrities, did anyone think they were going to get jobs at the local Walmart?

I don’t particularly like MM, find her pretty annoying, but British people are behaving really weirdly about this, as if they’re somehow personally offended.

Anyone who tells our press to go fcuk themselves is alright with me. The damage they’ve done, and continue to do, to our country can’t be overstated.
This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:32 - Mar 4 with 1535 viewsMattinLondon

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:28 - Mar 4 by m14_blue

Have you seen the way she’s been treated by the British press?

If that was your wife wouldn’t you want to try and protect her from it? Especially given what happened to his mum.

Of course they’re still massive celebrities, did anyone think they were going to get jobs at the local Walmart?

I don’t particularly like MM, find her pretty annoying, but British people are behaving really weirdly about this, as if they’re somehow personally offended.

Anyone who tells our press to go fcuk themselves is alright with me. The damage they’ve done, and continue to do, to our country can’t be overstated.

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:46 - Mar 4 with 1500 viewsmonytowbray

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:32 - Mar 4 by MattinLondon

Let’s all talk about how Diana was gathering evidence of sexual abuse in the Palace and at institutions Saville visited often at the time of her death.

This country is a nation of obedient boot lickers. Show them a flag and a bulldog and a crown, they cream their jeans.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:50 - Mar 4 with 1497 viewspointofblue

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:29 - Mar 4 by BlueBadger

Andrew's been f**king kids.

All M&H have done is a few interviews and suggested that they'd rather not be hounded into their graves by a vindictive press as Harry's mum was, thanks.

Which is fine except they’re perfectly happy to court the press and attention when it suits them.

If they wish to have a private life then fine, have a private life. It’s the hypocrisy which gets me.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:53 - Mar 4 with 1487 viewsfooters

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:50 - Mar 4 by pointofblue

Which is fine except they’re perfectly happy to court the press and attention when it suits them.

If they wish to have a private life then fine, have a private life. It’s the hypocrisy which gets me.

They can't un-famous themselves.

It's perfectly reasonable for them to have a private life that isn't constrained by the palace while maintaining a public image away from the intrusiveness of the British press.

Don't see why people have such an issue with it.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:56 - Mar 4 with 1488 viewsblueasfook

I don't follow the royal family at all and couldn't care less about them. Half of them are closet nazis anyway.

However, from snippets you cannot seem to avoid when reading headlines, I get the impression that Harry is extremely pussy whipped by this woman.

I think he needs to grow a pair and get her in the kitchen making sandwiches. She sounds like one of those women with opinions. And that's dangerous.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 10:56]

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 11:10 - Mar 4 with 1443 viewsSwailsey

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:32 - Mar 4 by MattinLondon

This.

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 11:11 - Mar 4 with 1438 viewsitfcjoe

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:00 - Mar 4 by MattinLondon

The limelight was thrust upon Harry since he was born. He probably blames the media for chasing and killing his mum. He probably resents a lot of the public for demanding that he was seen crying at the flowers which were left at the gates of Buckingham Palace. And then had to walk in front of his mums coffin when only a young boy.

If he wants to conduct interviews on his terms only then I don’t blame him. He has served the country and helped organise the Invitus games.

F**k the tabloids and f**k the people who believe their lies.

If he wants to conduct interviews on his own terms, then he is going to get pushback - there isn't a great deal more to it than that

If they want to keep going after people and institutions, those people and institutions will keep coming back at them

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 11:11 - Mar 4 with 1438 viewsElderGrizzly

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:53 - Mar 4 by footers

They can't un-famous themselves.

It's perfectly reasonable for them to have a private life that isn't constrained by the palace while maintaining a public image away from the intrusiveness of the British press.

Don't see why people have such an issue with it.

Indeed. They aren't asking to be hermits, they are asking to control their exposure to a degree.

That's not hypocrisy, it's a simple choice.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024