Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Meghan Markle stuff... 09:05 - Mar 4 with 17572 viewsSwailsey

All just reeks doesn't it?

Andrew is fine - they rally around him.

*If she has been bullying, then of course that's not good. But doesn't that sort of thing happen everywhere? It doesn't make it right of course - but national news? A statement? Get your own house in order please.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 11:12 - Mar 4 with 2486 viewsGlasgowBlue

This thread reminds me of the Bercow bullying allegations.

We like Bercow because he is in conflict with Boris Johnson and the Tories who we dislike. Booo hiss! Ignore the claims of Bercow being a bully. Dismiss any trivialise the person who claims to be on the receiving end improve Bercow’s bullying.

We like MM because she is in conflict with Royal family, an anachronism we dislike, and the British press. Dacre. Murdoch. Booo hiss! Ignore the claims of MM being a bully. Dismiss any trivialise the person who claims to be on the receiving end improve MM’s bullying.

I mean why can’t people quite reasonably hold the view that MM ha been treated appallingly by sections of the a British press who obviously have an agenda based on MM being a person of colour, but at the same time takes seriously claims of her bullying by a former member of her staff and be open to the possibility that she may be another spoiled Hollywood luvvie who is used to getting her own way.

The two views aren’t mutually exclusive.

Oh and as an afterthought, if I was in conflict with my family but my grandfather was seriously ill in hospital, I might consider that now would not be the time to air a series of television interviews in which I aired my grievances and respectfully put said programs on hold until Gramps had recovered.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 11:20]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 11:14 - Mar 4 with 2466 viewsitfcjoe

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 10:28 - Mar 4 by m14_blue

Have you seen the way she’s been treated by the British press?

If that was your wife wouldn’t you want to try and protect her from it? Especially given what happened to his mum.

Of course they’re still massive celebrities, did anyone think they were going to get jobs at the local Walmart?

I don’t particularly like MM, find her pretty annoying, but British people are behaving really weirdly about this, as if they’re somehow personally offended.

Anyone who tells our press to go fcuk themselves is alright with me. The damage they’ve done, and continue to do, to our country can’t be overstated.

Do you think a 2 hour 'tell all' interview with Oprah, and playing all their business out in public is protecting her from the press?

They know the game, they are playing it - I'm not expecting them to retire to anonymity - but if they want this coverage to go away, then stop feeding it - it takes 2 to tango

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 11:15 - Mar 4 with 2452 viewspointofblue

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 11:11 - Mar 4 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed. They aren't asking to be hermits, they are asking to control their exposure to a degree.

That's not hypocrisy, it's a simple choice.

That isn’t the nature of the beast though - you court publicity then the light is shined back. The question is whether this is right and maybe Harry and Meghan are one of the first to highlight this but the press will go down swinging. I suppose I’m caught in two minds as much as I see where they’re coming from I also acknowledge there is no such thing as controlled exposure. If you want exposure you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 11:21 - Mar 4 with 2424 viewsbournemouthblue

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:46 - Mar 4 by factual_blue

I suspect a journalist would tell you that this is the price you pay for a free press. The Sussexes can't expect to put themselves in the news by doing high-profile (and presumably lucrative) interviews and not expect criticism in press; particularly when the narrative they're pushing is that the press killed Diana.

If you don't want the press after you, stay out of the way, don't seek the limelight.

Works for me.

It depends what you describe as a 'free press' really, in the UK most of our big publications are right leaning and owned by a small handful of very rich individuals, which waters down the narrative

The power of the press barons means our media is only considered to be about the 40th freest across the world

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 11:33 - Mar 4 with 2392 viewsSwansea_Blue

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 11:12 - Mar 4 by GlasgowBlue

We like Bercow because he is in conflict with Boris Johnson and the Tories who we dislike. Booo hiss! Ignore the claims of Bercow being a bully. Dismiss any trivialise the person who claims to be on the receiving end improve Bercow’s bullying.

We like MM because she is in conflict with Royal family, an anachronism we dislike, and the British press. Dacre. Murdoch. Booo hiss! Ignore the claims of MM being a bully. Dismiss any trivialise the person who claims to be on the receiving end improve MM’s bullying.

I mean why can’t people quite reasonably hold the view that MM ha been treated appallingly by sections of the a British press who obviously have an agenda based on MM being a person of colour, but at the same time takes seriously claims of her bullying by a former member of her staff and be open to the possibility that she may be another spoiled Hollywood luvvie who is used to getting her own way.

Oh and as an afterthought, if I was in conflict with my family but my grandfather was seriously ill in hospital, I might consider that now would not be the time to air a series of television interviews in which I aired my grievances and respectfully put said programs on hold until Gramps had recovered.

Of course, if there are bullying allegations they need to be investigated appropriately. That's not what this is really about though imo. There's been a long campaign of trying to discredit her and this seems to just be the last example.

Besides, I haven't seen anyone saying that bullying shouldn't be taken seriously. You'd be right in highlighting the bullying aspect isn't talked about much on this thread, but then we don't know whether there's any truth in it. Let's find out before publicly hanging her.

I'm not sure why people are that bothered to be honest. They seem utterly irrelevant to any of us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 11:36 - Mar 4 with 2384 viewsMJallday

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:13 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

How is Prince Andrew fine? He's been sacked.

Harry and Meghan have been taking digs at Buckingham Palace since they left for their "quiet life". It's no surprise Buck Palace is going to defend itself

Just last week they tried to tell the Queen what service entails, and they are about to go on Oprah and let loose at them....what do you expect the Palace to do?

Harry and Meghan have made this all about themselves for a long time, and are just massive hypocrites really - the only people that seem to like them now are those that don't like the Royal family as it is

It honestly made me laugh out loud when they said Buckingham palace had an HR department.

Andrews fine, nothing to see there , but Megan was nasty.

What the HR department Gonna do, sack her?

I’d love to see how they enforce that one

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 11:42 - Mar 4 with 2372 viewsChurchman

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:46 - Mar 4 by factual_blue

I suspect a journalist would tell you that this is the price you pay for a free press. The Sussexes can't expect to put themselves in the news by doing high-profile (and presumably lucrative) interviews and not expect criticism in press; particularly when the narrative they're pushing is that the press killed Diana.

If you don't want the press after you, stay out of the way, don't seek the limelight.

Works for me.

Like others on here, I’m not interested the Royal Family. Actually, if it was my decision I’d dispense with them. It will be interesting to see how sustainable it is after the Queen goes.

With regard to Harry and Meghan, it seems they want the best of both worlds. All the baubles, money, patronage etc etc but not what comes with it. Nothing wrong with that as a wish, or wanting a moon on a stick, but things don’t always work out that way. You can’t do lucrative chat shows one week then throw your hands in the air about the press and the consequences the next.

She may be great, she may be awful. He may be go getting, interesting, forging his future, he may be a sorry poodle that does what he’s told. I don’t know these people, wouldn’t wish to and as long as I don’t have to pay for them or their antics, I couldn’t care a less what they do.
This Meghan Markle stuff... on 11:53 - Mar 4 with 2347 viewseireblue

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 09:52 - Mar 4 by chicoazul

Yes what is proven recently that we really need now is President Boris Johnson invested with absolute power.

What is it that the Queen can do to prevent Boris doing something?
Login to get fewer ads

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:00 - Mar 4 with 2326 viewsSwansea_Blue

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 11:53 - Mar 4 by eireblue

Nothing based on the way she waved through his borderline corrupt Lords appointments. Of she can't be arsed to do anything at least.

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:02 - Mar 4 with 2322 viewspointofblue

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/feb/07/revealed-queen-lobbied-for-chang

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:14 - Mar 4 with 2304 viewsGlasgowBlue

Withhold Royal ascent.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:21 - Mar 4 with 2280 viewsborge

Totally this. The truth probably very much lies in between but people (self included) seem so incapable of doing anything other than taking sides and then believing their side to be more right/honest. That seems especially true on non-footballing matters on this forum.

I like the royals, I like Harry. I don't like Meghan, I don't like the press. Am I right to like/dislike them? In the case of the press probably because I can see the press for what it is. In the case of the royals, Harry and Meghan, who knows? Do any of us really know what they are like? My dislike for Meghan is based on a perception that is totally driven by nothing other than the narrative that has been built around her in the same way that my approval of the royals is largely down to buying into a narrative that is of someone else's creation. If you don't know someone you can only base your opinion on what you see, hear and read - that doesn't mean my dislike for Meghan is any more or less valid than the approval of people who like her.

There are two other two aspects I find interesting in this whole thing.

Firstly, the suggestion that dislike for Meghan is based on race. I would suspect for the majority of people that is only true in so much as some of the right wing media may (or may not) have based their dislike of her on race and it is their narrative that has fed the 'hate'. Personally I didn't even know she was 'black' until just before their wedding - I disliked her well before finding that out and frankly don't choose to like or dislike someone based on what they are, rather on who they are (or my perception of).

Secondly, if someone leaks to the press an email from any organisation that went to the HR department and accuses someone of bullying then they are clearly going to be obliged to put out a statement saying they will look into it. Imagine if in this instance Buckingham Palace had ignored it? Many of those who are critical of the royals would have had a field day. Obviously if the Palace leaked it themselves then that's a whole other ball game.....
This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:22 - Mar 4 with 2280 viewsLord_Lucan

It is probable that The Mail and The Express play up because of her colour to an extent because they know that "Some" of their readers are prejudiced - Hooever, I really think that most people don't like her because she appears to have turned fans favourite Harry into a big girls blouse.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:25 - Mar 4 with 2256 views26_Paz

I embarrassed for them. They said they didn’t want publicity. They’ve now realised publicity is their only way of making money so are actively stoking a confrontation with the palace to get more publicity for their interviews. Pathetic really.

The Paz Man

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:29 - Mar 4 with 2246 viewseireblue

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:14 - Mar 4 by GlasgowBlue

Withhold Royal ascent.

Hmm, I am no expert, but I think it would be possible to still have this mechanism in a state that wasn’t a monarchy.

https://www.parliament.uk/site-information/glossary/royal-assent/
This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:30 - Mar 4 with 2242 viewsleitrimblue

Surely the only royal news story at the moment and every day until he is locked up is -Queens son used his wealth and power to abuse kids and is still not facing a long prison sentence. Not that the other idiot who likes the odd Nazi impression married a female slightly darker then daily mail readers approve of
This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:31 - Mar 4 with 2231 viewsMattinLondon

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:25 - Mar 4 by 26_Paz

I embarrassed for them. They said they didn’t want publicity. They’ve now realised publicity is their only way of making money so are actively stoking a confrontation with the palace to get more publicity for their interviews. Pathetic really.

No, what is pathetic is that you’re ignoring the circumstances behind their dislike for the British tabloid media. Hardly surprising given their treatment offered to them by those rags.

They agree to do sympathetic interviews with US networks.

The British press are just angry that they haven’t been given an exclusive. It’s just a vindictive narrative, driven by an horrible press and lapped up a certain element of society.

Your response is truly pathetic and you should be embarrassed by it. Shame on you.
This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:34 - Mar 4 with 2224 viewshype313

Can't take to them personally, they cry privacy but are happy to pimp themselves out to James Corden, Oprah, Netflix, Spotify etc and then try to run with brand Sussex.

Whilst I don't agree with the media's tone, as far as I'm concerned you can't have your cake and eat it.

Also, just to add, whilst it was abhorrent what happened to Diana, don't believe for one moment she didn't use the media to her advantage when it suited her, plenty of Royal correspondents have attested to that fact.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:37 - Mar 4 with 2215 viewsSpruceMoose

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:25 - Mar 4 by 26_Paz

So you're saying it's a bit like your own reasons for posting on here (except swapping out attention for money)?

Interesting theory.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:45 - Mar 4 with 2196 viewsitfcjoe

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:34 - Mar 4 by hype313

Can't take to them personally, they cry privacy but are happy to pimp themselves out to James Corden, Oprah, Netflix, Spotify etc and then try to run with brand Sussex.

Whilst I don't agree with the media's tone, as far as I'm concerned you can't have your cake and eat it.

Also, just to add, whilst it was abhorrent what happened to Diana, don't believe for one moment she didn't use the media to her advantage when it suited her, plenty of Royal correspondents have attested to that fact.

She just strikes me as a massive social climber - Oprah had a front row seat at the wedding when they had only met once previously.

I'd enjoyed their tour they did on ITV but the last few minutes were all about how hard it is for them, how no one understands how difficult things are......and even now, when people are struggling through a global pandemic we are expected to feel sympathy for a couple of millionaires living in LA.

That's not an attempt to say you can't be depressed because of being rich, but just the massive hypocricy that follows them everywhere when taking private jets to go to the South of France for the weekend whilst banging the climate drum

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:47 - Mar 4 with 2192 viewsSpruceMoose

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:45 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

She just strikes me as a massive social climber - Oprah had a front row seat at the wedding when they had only met once previously.

I'd enjoyed their tour they did on ITV but the last few minutes were all about how hard it is for them, how no one understands how difficult things are......and even now, when people are struggling through a global pandemic we are expected to feel sympathy for a couple of millionaires living in LA.

That's not an attempt to say you can't be depressed because of being rich, but just the massive hypocricy that follows them everywhere when taking private jets to go to the South of France for the weekend whilst banging the climate drum

How did you expect them to get there? EasyJet?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:56 - Mar 4 with 2173 viewsMattinLondon

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:45 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

If it wasn’t an attempt at saying that you can’t be sad or depressed when rich then you wouldn’t have made that point in the first place.
This Meghan Markle stuff... on 13:02 - Mar 4 with 2154 viewspointofblue

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 12:47 - Mar 4 by SpruceMoose

How did you expect them to get there? EasyJet?

Didn’t the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge take a commercial flight?

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 13:05 - Mar 4 with 2146 viewsSwansea_Blue

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 13:02 - Mar 4 by pointofblue

Didn’t the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge take a commercial flight?

They would have hovered on their saintly cloud, formed from the droplets of their virtue and pureness.

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 13:08 - Mar 4 with 2136 viewseireblue

This Meghan Markle stuff... on 13:05 - Mar 4 by Swansea_Blue

They would have hovered on their saintly cloud, formed from the droplets of their virtue and pureness.

I didn’t know they were both vegans. Learn something new every day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024