Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starmer thrown out of the pub 15:47 - Apr 19 with 4511 viewsStokieBlue

He is of course entitled to not want Starmer in his pub but to then accuse him of failing the country for not opposing lockdown and for allowing restrictions on people is a denial of the science. I thought he was going to accuse him on not challenging the Tories enough which would be a fair point but he decided to attack the science instead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-56802020

Of course he is upset due to the economic issues that have come with lockdown but it's also important to not rewrite the science now that some things are opening up.

The BBC seem to have missed the unsavoury line at the start where he says we messed up the economy to save old people but it's available on the videos on YouTube. I wonder how widespread that view is across the country?

Starmers security also rather heavy-handed there, no real need for that.

SB
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 15:49]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 15:52 - Apr 19 with 2610 viewsLord_Lucan

He sounds like a weirdo.

Mr Starmer should be able to go where he wishes regardless of what he does in his place of work.

Maybe we should Gofundme a trip up there for Piers Corbyn and see how he likes it.

That'll learn him!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

[Redacted] on 15:52 - Apr 19 with 2611 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Starmer thrown out of the pub on 15:53 - Apr 19 with 2610 viewsGeoffSentence

Bath is a lovely place, I will definitely be going back at some point in the future when things are closer to normal.

But I will be avoiding The Raven.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 15:53 - Apr 19 with 2598 viewsbluelagos

Saw that a few mins ago. Didn't think we were allowed inside pubs atm?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 16:02]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 16:00 - Apr 19 with 2532 viewsStokieBlue

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 15:53 - Apr 19 by bluelagos

Saw that a few mins ago. Didn't think we were allowed inside pubs atm?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 16:02]

I did wonder about that, I assumed one needs to pass through the pub to get to the beer garden out back?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 16:03 - Apr 19 with 2513 viewsfooters

Maybe he should reflect on some of the rather larger sacrifices that many of those 'old' people had put up with compared to sitting on his arse for a year.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 16:04 - Apr 19 with 2492 viewsbluelagos

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 16:00 - Apr 19 by StokieBlue

I did wonder about that, I assumed one needs to pass through the pub to get to the beer garden out back?

SB

Bloke was a bit of a loon. The idea that Starmer is responsible for kids wearing masks in schools, or that that is a problem...

Argumentative guy looking for a row - pre-planned too given he had a graph printed up.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 16:05 - Apr 19 with 2468 viewsKeno

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 15:52 - Apr 19 by Lord_Lucan

He sounds like a weirdo.

Mr Starmer should be able to go where he wishes regardless of what he does in his place of work.

Maybe we should Gofundme a trip up there for Piers Corbyn and see how he likes it.

That'll learn him!

even worse, send Factors!!

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 16:11 - Apr 19 with 2397 viewsHARRY10

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 16:04 - Apr 19 by bluelagos

Bloke was a bit of a loon. The idea that Starmer is responsible for kids wearing masks in schools, or that that is a problem...

Argumentative guy looking for a row - pre-planned too given he had a graph printed up.

planned, I think you mean

unless he had been making arrangements in advance of ..............making arrangements in advance of

and it appears the pub is to be re-renamed as The Ravin'
Starmer thrown out of the pub on 16:58 - Apr 19 with 2212 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.amazon.com/Rod-Humphris/e/B01MRONCAY%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 17:28 - Apr 19 with 2105 viewstractordownsouth

The manchild wouldn't have the balls to stand in front of grieving families and say their relatives didn't matter because they were old.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 17:29 - Apr 19 with 2088 viewsSpruceMoose

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 17:28 - Apr 19 by tractordownsouth

The manchild wouldn't have the balls to stand in front of grieving families and say their relatives didn't matter because they were old.

Ah. Some Very Real Concerns on display there.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 17:35 - Apr 19 with 2056 viewsHerbivore

It's interesting that they blame the leader of the opposition for policies introduced by the government. Even if Labour had opposed them - which would have been wrong, imo - it would have made no difference given the size of the government's majority. The Tories really are Teflon.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 17:37 - Apr 19 with 2049 viewsGlasgowBlue

Starmer handled it very well imo. Tried to engage with the guy outside.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 18:02 - Apr 19 with 1951 viewsHARRY10

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 18:18 - Apr 19 with 1891 viewsBlueBadger

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 17:35 - Apr 19 by Herbivore

It's interesting that they blame the leader of the opposition for policies introduced by the government. Even if Labour had opposed them - which would have been wrong, imo - it would have made no difference given the size of the government's majority. The Tories really are Teflon.

It's almost as if 52% of the electorate are congenitally thick.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 18:30 - Apr 19 with 1844 viewsm14_blue

He comes across like an absolute bell.
Starmer thrown out of the pub on 18:33 - Apr 19 with 1827 viewsMeadowlark

Strange that the landlord of "The Raven" is a corvid skeptic!
Starmer thrown out of the pub on 18:38 - Apr 19 with 1807 viewsElderGrizzly

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 18:33 - Apr 19 by Meadowlark

He is the co-landlord.

The other landlord basically said he didn’t agree with the Covid denier and said that is basically just what he is like
Starmer thrown out of the pub on 18:39 - Apr 19 with 1801 viewsBlueBadger

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 18:33 - Apr 19 by Meadowlark

He was irresponsible and thick enough to want to carrion regardless.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 18:41 - Apr 19 with 1783 viewsfooters

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 18:38 - Apr 19 by ElderGrizzly

He is the co-landlord.

The other landlord basically said he didn’t agree with the Covid denier and said that is basically just what he is like

So just a half then?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 18:52 - Apr 19 with 1749 viewsstonojnr

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 16:00 - Apr 19 by StokieBlue

SB

theres no beer garden, its actually the kind of pub that under the rules they had last year, probably only 2 people would be allowed in at a time to meet social distancing rules, its probably smaller than the Arcade Street Tavern in size terms Id say but maybe has more volume of space if you follow,and it has an upstairs area with a bar as well, which I always forget when I visit.

but its the kind of pub in normal times in an evening you'd be standing shoulder to shoulder with people, and you have to negotiate with each other to get anywhere near the bar, which is small enough theres only really room for that guy behind it, though they try to operate with two.

so those tables you see in the video, which must be a dispensation by the council as they were very hot on warning you to not drink on the pavement outside when I last went, are it, thats all the customers the guy can serve at the moment, so he must be trading at a significant loss.

now do people understand why he might have been a little annoyed with a politician popping in for a photo op.
Starmer thrown out of the pub on 18:54 - Apr 19 with 1741 viewschicoazul

Annoying embarrassing and discomforting politicians and the elite class is a noble British tradition and should be done at all times. This chap is doing the lords work.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 18:57 - Apr 19 with 1722 viewsBlueBadger

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 18:54 - Apr 19 by chicoazul

Annoying embarrassing and discomforting politicians and the elite class is a noble British tradition and should be done at all times. This chap is doing the lords work.

Ah yes. Nothing says 'fearless leader cocking a snook at The Elite' like complaining that you're pub's had to shut during a global pandemic that's claimed 150,000+ British lives.

Starmer thrown out of the pub on 18:58 - Apr 19 with 1710 viewsTieDyedIn95

Shows you what a shambles Labour is when they can't even ring the local pubs ahead, find out which publicans are sympathetic and then pose for the after-lockdown photo opportunity with the smiling faces of supporters.

The Tories would have done it that way, but then again that's why they win elections because they know what the world outside of Twitter looks like and who actually votes. Labour is a shambles.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024