Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warnock on talk sport 09:57 - Dec 9 with 4276 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Didn't rule himself out...
Warnock on talk sport on 09:59 - Dec 9 with 2563 viewsKieran_Knows

I honestly think I'll lose my mind if we appoint him. Just what is the point ffs?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Warnock on talk sport on 10:00 - Dec 9 with 2556 viewsMetal_Hacker

And Brazil trying to sell it to him

He didn't knock it back ,he did suggest it would only be until the end of the season if he was interested / offered it because he was always looking at wrapping up at the end of the season anyway

Poll: If it were one or the other

Warnock on talk sport on 10:00 - Dec 9 with 2534 viewsthebooks

Warnock on talk sport on 10:00 - Dec 9 by Metal_Hacker

He didn't knock it back ,he did suggest it would only be until the end of the season if he was interested / offered it because he was always looking at wrapping up at the end of the season anyway

That’s the perfect deal, I think…
Warnock on talk sport on 10:01 - Dec 9 with 2503 viewshype313

I don't get Warnock, after his stint at Palace 5 years ago he said he wanted to call it a day and retire to Cornwall, since then he's been at QPR, Rotherham, Cardiff and Boro.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Warnock on talk sport on 10:02 - Dec 9 with 2490 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Warnock on talk sport on 09:59 - Dec 9 by Kieran_Knows

I honestly think I'll lose my mind if we appoint him. Just what is the point ffs?

I would be oK with it if til end of season. Get us up and then have a better pool of manager to choose from
Warnock on talk sport on 10:02 - Dec 9 with 2476 viewsHerbivore

Christ no.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Warnock on talk sport on 10:02 - Dec 9 with 2463 viewsMookamoo

Warnock on talk sport on 10:00 - Dec 9 by thebooks

That’s the perfect deal, I think…

Would not surprise me at all if they gave him a 2 year deal to get us promoted.

The Americans will be looking to minimise their risk at this point.
Warnock on talk sport on 10:03 - Dec 9 with 2437 viewshype313

Warnock on talk sport on 10:02 - Dec 9 by Mookamoo

Would not surprise me at all if they gave him a 2 year deal to get us promoted.

The Americans will be looking to minimise their risk at this point.

How is by appointing Warnock "Minimising the risk"?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Warnock on talk sport on 10:03 - Dec 9 with 2435 viewsfooters

It baffles me that some on here still have a burning hatred for Mick but now some of the very same people seem to want Mick on steroids.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Warnock on talk sport on 10:04 - Dec 9 with 2396 viewsMetal_Hacker

Warnock on talk sport on 10:02 - Dec 9 by Herbivore

Christ no.

I really don't know

Part of me thinks it might settle the ship for the remainder of the season whilst we are out there putting some proper effort into next season's manager

Not my ideal but when I look around at a long term permanent candidate to step up now , I can't find anybody

Rock and a hard place innit

Warnock on talk sport on 10:05 - Dec 9 with 2381 viewsZx1988

That chap has had more 'final seasons' than the Eagles have had farewell tours!

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Warnock on talk sport on 10:05 - Dec 9 with 2360 viewsclive_baker

It's one of those where the further we fall from the p/offs the less value there is in the short-termism of Warnock. If we have a sniff of top 6, maybe he's worth a punt until the end of the season, but if not we might as well take a longer term view, which Warnock clearly isn't.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Warnock on talk sport on 10:06 - Dec 9 with 2326 viewsportmanking

Warnock on talk sport on 10:02 - Dec 9 by abracaDOBRA_

I would be oK with it if til end of season. Get us up and then have a better pool of manager to choose from

Even Harry Houdini wouldn't get this lot promoted this season.

We need to appoint for the long term now and accept that whoever comes in may need a season or two to get it right. Otherwise we're going to be in a state of purgatory for years to come.
Warnock on talk sport on 10:06 - Dec 9 with 2333 viewsSomethingBlue

Warnock would bloody love it, he's always liked Town. Just not sure where that gets us although I can certainly see a world where we can't get the man we want until the summer.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Warnock on talk sport on 10:08 - Dec 9 with 2246 viewsBlueBlood90

More than happy to see him take it until the end of the season.

What's the alternative? Neil Harris or Neil Lennon? No thanks.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Warnock on talk sport on 10:09 - Dec 9 with 2227 viewsHackneyblueboy

Warnock on talk sport on 10:06 - Dec 9 by SomethingBlue

Warnock would bloody love it, he's always liked Town. Just not sure where that gets us although I can certainly see a world where we can't get the man we want until the summer.

If we can't get say Lampard, Manning, Anthony Barry or someone like Karl Robinson in fairly quickly then I wouldn't be adverse to Warnock for 6 months. My gut is we'll struggle with getting our preferred long term candidate in at this point.

There's no point chugging along with McGreal so we should be sounding out those candidates quickly and if we can't do a deal in the next week to 10 days we should be going for an interim manager.

Can't really argue there's someone better than Warnock for that short term role.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 10:10]
Warnock on talk sport on 10:11 - Dec 9 with 2181 viewsPJH

Warnock on talk sport on 10:05 - Dec 9 by clive_baker

It's one of those where the further we fall from the p/offs the less value there is in the short-termism of Warnock. If we have a sniff of top 6, maybe he's worth a punt until the end of the season, but if not we might as well take a longer term view, which Warnock clearly isn't.

I agree, pity we did not get him instead of Cook when we were a lot closer to the playoffs than we are now.

If we are still trying to get promoted this season then he is one that makes sense.

It obviously would be short term but I would like to see him have a go.
Warnock on talk sport on 10:13 - Dec 9 with 2130 viewsWD19

He has said that every season for the past 15 years.
Warnock on talk sport on 10:13 - Dec 9 with 2125 viewsHerbivore

Warnock on talk sport on 10:04 - Dec 9 by Metal_Hacker

I really don't know

Part of me thinks it might settle the ship for the remainder of the season whilst we are out there putting some proper effort into next season's manager

Not my ideal but when I look around at a long term permanent candidate to step up now , I can't find anybody

Rock and a hard place innit

I just don't see any value in bringing him in for the rest of the season. Plus I can't stand the bloke either so would be gutted to see him leading the club I support.

Warnock on talk sport on 10:17 - Dec 9 with 2052 viewsChurchman

Warnock on talk sport on 10:11 - Dec 9 by PJH

I agree, pity we did not get him instead of Cook when we were a lot closer to the playoffs than we are now.

If we are still trying to get promoted this season then he is one that makes sense.

It obviously would be short term but I would like to see him have a go.

The owners have talked about the longer term. Put in structure, facilities, community etc etc. I don’t see how that ties in with a short term manager. The only value in it is to buy time to find the right person and if that’s the reason, they may as well have kept Cook.

No, find the person to fit the club structure and back him to do the job. They clearly weren’t full in with Cook - they need to be with the next bloke.
Warnock on talk sport on 10:17 - Dec 9 with 2045 viewsMetal_Hacker

Warnock on talk sport on 10:13 - Dec 9 by Herbivore

I just don't see any value in bringing him in for the rest of the season. Plus I can't stand the bloke either so would be gutted to see him leading the club I support.

I think I'm in the same camp Herbs .Never been on my Christmas card list in all fairness similar to Harry Bassett but like I say ,I certainly can't see a long term option right now that's available and neither can I see a comparable short term alternative that MIGHT offer some stability

Warnock on talk sport on 10:20 - Dec 9 with 1982 viewsnodge_blue

Warnock on talk sport on 10:03 - Dec 9 by footers

It baffles me that some on here still have a burning hatred for Mick but now some of the very same people seem to want Mick on steroids.

I must admit to advocating for Warnock these last couple of days over most on the list.

But I don't really want him. Only in the sense that it felt like we need some experienced guy to steady this all right now and give the players belief.

Im all for some Jurgen Klopp type guy - fast flowing turbo football - but who exact is that out there? Marc Bircham????? Maybe he is I don't know.

Today - I feel Im changing my mind back to going with a long term appointment. But Ive no idea who.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Warnock on talk sport on 10:22 - Dec 9 with 1916 viewsDMDC

Warnock on talk sport on 10:13 - Dec 9 by Herbivore

He would be ideal until the end of the season,if its going ok, offer him another year,he would take it,he cant leave football alone and he loves Town. We need someone who is respected and can do a job,he is that guy.Get promoted in 2 seasons then look at it again. Id take him over Lennon, Bircham and Manning(who just hasnt been managing long enough).
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 10:24]
Warnock on talk sport on 10:23 - Dec 9 with 1908 viewsHerbivore

Warnock on talk sport on 10:17 - Dec 9 by Metal_Hacker

I think I'm in the same camp Herbs .Never been on my Christmas card list in all fairness similar to Harry Bassett but like I say ,I certainly can't see a long term option right now that's available and neither can I see a comparable short term alternative that MIGHT offer some stability

We don't really know who might be available at this stage though. I think appointing Warnock for me would be such a ridiculous step, it would represent a real failure of strategy from the club.

Warnock on talk sport on 10:26 - Dec 9 with 1838 viewsfooters

Warnock on talk sport on 10:20 - Dec 9 by nodge_blue

I must admit to advocating for Warnock these last couple of days over most on the list.

But I don't really want him. Only in the sense that it felt like we need some experienced guy to steady this all right now and give the players belief.

Im all for some Jurgen Klopp type guy - fast flowing turbo football - but who exact is that out there? Marc Bircham????? Maybe he is I don't know.

Today - I feel Im changing my mind back to going with a long term appointment. But Ive no idea who.

I'd maybe have gone for Colin had we any real chance of going up this season. But let's face it, we really don't - sadly.

So I'd be more interested in giving the new man (or indeed woman) the rest of this season to settle in and assess the situation. As you say though, no clue who that would be at the moment!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024