Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears 18:15 - Jun 18 with 7997 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I guess everyone cheering on international restrictions for two years while happily working on their laptops to are now going to be all angry when it takes them 5 hours to get their luggage this summer.

Funny how that all works when an industry gets decimated eh.
Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 18:29 - Jun 18 with 3683 viewsStokieBlue

I've given you a wide berth since your return because your posts are generally rubbish and deliberately inflammatory.

This one is especially rubbish. Nearly all your covid-related posts are deliberately framed in the current context so that you can rubbish things that happened previously whilst ignoring the context at the time.

The context 2 years ago and was that thousands of people were dying daily of a virus for which there was no vaccine and it was essential to try and limit the spread. Even once the vaccine was available a lot of people were still dying of Delta. It was horrible for the travel industry, nobody will deny that but it was the right thing to do in the context of the time.

For someone who lives in a country where more than 1,000,000 people died (it hits home more when written as a number) you have absolutely no empathy and seem to be driven by cheap point scoring and personal circumstance.

Everyone is hoping the travel industry gets back on it's feet as quick as possible, there really is no need for your context-ignoring nonsense.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 18:38 - Jun 18 with 3651 viewsSwansea_Blue

No idea as we've pretty much given up flying. But if you think we shouldn't have had restrictions during a global pandemic of a highly transmissible disease that's killed over 6 million people just to save large corporations you've got your priorities a little bit confused.

It is a bit of a sh*tshow now of course. A low paying industry and the supply of labour cut off (don't mention Brexit) just at the time when the whole industry needs to rapidly recruit, makes it a bit of a perfect storm over here seemingly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 18:45 - Jun 18 with 3621 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 18:29 - Jun 18 by StokieBlue

I've given you a wide berth since your return because your posts are generally rubbish and deliberately inflammatory.

This one is especially rubbish. Nearly all your covid-related posts are deliberately framed in the current context so that you can rubbish things that happened previously whilst ignoring the context at the time.

The context 2 years ago and was that thousands of people were dying daily of a virus for which there was no vaccine and it was essential to try and limit the spread. Even once the vaccine was available a lot of people were still dying of Delta. It was horrible for the travel industry, nobody will deny that but it was the right thing to do in the context of the time.

For someone who lives in a country where more than 1,000,000 people died (it hits home more when written as a number) you have absolutely no empathy and seem to be driven by cheap point scoring and personal circumstance.

Everyone is hoping the travel industry gets back on it's feet as quick as possible, there really is no need for your context-ignoring nonsense.

SB

Ridiculous assertion. Inflammatory because you and the TWTD masses don’t agree with it.

I’d throw that right back at you. Policy went on like it was March 2020 for far too long. Once there was community spread closing borders and causing economic blight for millions was in unwarranted. We were always about 2 months behind the virus because that’s how it worked. Delta is a clear example of that.

1M didn’t die solely because of Covid in the United States but you already know that.
Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 18:48 - Jun 18 with 3610 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 18:38 - Jun 18 by Swansea_Blue

No idea as we've pretty much given up flying. But if you think we shouldn't have had restrictions during a global pandemic of a highly transmissible disease that's killed over 6 million people just to save large corporations you've got your priorities a little bit confused.

It is a bit of a sh*tshow now of course. A low paying industry and the supply of labour cut off (don't mention Brexit) just at the time when the whole industry needs to rapidly recruit, makes it a bit of a perfect storm over here seemingly.

It was said slightly tongue in cheek because social media is awash with people moaning about their current airport experience, which just shows how stupid people are thinking they can go about their business as normal after the last two years.

Why have you given up flying? Environmental reasons or the virus? You’re less likely to get it on the plane that most other places you find people are close quarters.

Also re:Brexit - AMS/DUB are the two worst performing at the moment.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2022 18:58]
Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 00:38 - Jun 19 with 3341 viewsPendejo

I read with horror about T2 Heathrow, as that's where I will land on my return from Colombia.

Thankfully no dramas getting away... other than the fact I hadn't actually downloaded my covid pass and my main email account being the only one not to work for first few days... Luckily they didn't ask to see it.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 00:48 - Jun 19 with 3300 viewsCotty

I’m not sure you’re even sure what point you’re trying to make
Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 07:55 - Jun 19 with 3195 viewsDanTheMan

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 00:48 - Jun 19 by Cotty

I’m not sure you’re even sure what point you’re trying to make

Working from home bad, me smart, hurr durr.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 09:32 - Jun 19 with 3057 viewsBlueBadger

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 18:45 - Jun 18 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ridiculous assertion. Inflammatory because you and the TWTD masses don’t agree with it.

I’d throw that right back at you. Policy went on like it was March 2020 for far too long. Once there was community spread closing borders and causing economic blight for millions was in unwarranted. We were always about 2 months behind the virus because that’s how it worked. Delta is a clear example of that.

1M didn’t die solely because of Covid in the United States but you already know that.

You do know that that 1M was on top of the usual avoidable deaths due to unregulated guns sand lack of access to.proper healthcare, right Trumpy?

Anyway, fair play to your courage here, there's not many one legged men willing to enter into an arse kicking contest with a centipede.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 09:34 - Jun 19 with 3042 viewsDarth_Koont

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 18:29 - Jun 18 by StokieBlue

SB

Great post, Stokie.

Agree 100%.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 09:43 - Jun 19 with 3005 viewsBlueBadger

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 18:48 - Jun 18 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It was said slightly tongue in cheek because social media is awash with people moaning about their current airport experience, which just shows how stupid people are thinking they can go about their business as normal after the last two years.

Why have you given up flying? Environmental reasons or the virus? You’re less likely to get it on the plane that most other places you find people are close quarters.

I'm not sure you can claim 'LOL I wuz trolling ' when it's exactly the sort of old root you usually come out with.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 09:47 - Jun 19 with 2998 viewsNthQldITFC

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 09:32 - Jun 19 by BlueBadger

You do know that that 1M was on top of the usual avoidable deaths due to unregulated guns sand lack of access to.proper healthcare, right Trumpy?

Anyway, fair play to your courage here, there's not many one legged men willing to enter into an arse kicking contest with a centipede.

Irrespective of the subject of the argument, I am loving your metaphor.

On the subject of the subject, like any sane person I agree with Stokie, except with the caveat that I don't hope that the travel industry gets back on its feet as quick as possible, at least not the mind-blowingly stupid, suicidal part which is frequent, short-range flying "because I have a right to convenient services".

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 09:54 - Jun 19 with 2984 viewsBlueBadger

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 09:47 - Jun 19 by NthQldITFC

Irrespective of the subject of the argument, I am loving your metaphor.

On the subject of the subject, like any sane person I agree with Stokie, except with the caveat that I don't hope that the travel industry gets back on its feet as quick as possible, at least not the mind-blowingly stupid, suicidal part which is frequent, short-range flying "because I have a right to convenient services".

I can't claim that metaphor as my own work, it was either Terry Pratchett or Douglas Adams.

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 10:23 - Jun 19 with 2914 viewswkj

The sh*te Alex Jones tribute act has been mostly ignorable - but on this one, you may as well be spitting in the face of anyone who has lost loved ones during a time that the whole world had to improvise with virtually no warning. Such a piece of sh*t post.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 10:26 - Jun 19 with 2896 viewsDeano69

Might be worth a bit of research on why hospitality, leisure and the travel industry are in a staff shortage meltdown.

As a starting point, one key reason is that the restrictions that shut these places meant the employees had time to re-evaluate, retrain and move to sectors that valued their work more. As I understand it, the typical baggage handler contract works something like you operate a 14 hour shift, you only actually work 8 hours but are stood down between busy periods, all for minimum wage. Hardly something many are clamouring to get back to.

But yeah, of course the restrictions of a worldwide, potentially lethal virus is to blame for my bags taking five hours.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 10:32 - Jun 19 with 2839 viewsEwan_Oozami

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 18:48 - Jun 18 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

"which just shows how stupid people are thinking they can go about their business as normal after the last two years"

Some people wanted to go back to normal a lot earlier than that......

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 11:14 - Jun 19 with 2809 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I guess if you didn't have restrictions, more people would've died and therefore there'd be less wanting to fly now, and consequently shorter delays. So your point kind of works. If you're a monumental f@ckhead.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 11:14 - Jun 19 with 2810 viewsJ2BLUE

More blubbing from someone who clearly enjoyed their life before the pandemic and is now furious you can’t immediately go back to it.

As someone else said, people have left for jobs in different sectors which pay more and have more flexibility. How dare they inconvenience you in any way?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 12:27 - Jun 19 with 2666 viewsmonytowbray

Please do tell us where you got your opinions and/or “facts” to inform this post?

Was it a tweet by Lauren Boebart or Ted Cruz?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 12:38 - Jun 19 with 2645 viewsLord_Lucan

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 12:27 - Jun 19 by monytowbray

Please do tell us where you got your opinions and/or “facts” to inform this post?

Was it a tweet by Lauren Boebart or Ted Cruz?

On the off chance you are posting a serious post for a change - JJJ is a fairly high roller in the American aviation industry.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 13:10 - Jun 19 with 2548 viewsHARRY10

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 10:32 - Jun 19 by Ewan_Oozami

"which just shows how stupid people are thinking they can go about their business as normal after the last two years"

Some people wanted to go back to normal a lot earlier than that......

"back to normal" , in the middle of a pandemic !

You mean ignore how normal people were protecting themselves - which meant the closure of most places. How could anyone be 'back to normal' in the middle of a pandemic, and the associated problems.

I'm sure there are a few similar cranks in the east of Ukraine demanding to 'go back to normal', but circumstances there as well are stopping it

Isn't it annoying when the world is not as you would wish.

However, I will accept there were various crackpots who did try to 'go back to nornal'...... US politicians, celebs, preachers etc who through ignoring the advice died of COVID.

Perhaps there will be some memorial in recognition of their stupidity
Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 13:15 - Jun 19 with 2539 viewsXYZ

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 12:38 - Jun 19 by Lord_Lucan

On the off chance you are posting a serious post for a change - JJJ is a fairly high roller in the American aviation industry.

Would've been the decent thing to declare an interest when posting the OP then.

I think SB's got his number.
Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 13:32 - Jun 19 with 2502 viewswkj

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 12:38 - Jun 19 by Lord_Lucan

In the same way people that sell knock offs at a car boot claim to be international traders?

Crybaby

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 14:03 - Jun 19 with 2458 viewsLord_Lucan

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 13:32 - Jun 19 by wkj

In the same way people that sell knock offs at a car boot claim to be international traders?

Well, if the company you work for fly you to all corners of the globe for the annual Christmas party to be privately entertained by the likes of Duran then yes.

Otherwise, no.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 14:49 - Jun 19 with 2358 viewswkj

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 14:03 - Jun 19 by Lord_Lucan

Well, if the company you work for fly you to all corners of the globe for the annual Christmas party to be privately entertained by the likes of Duran then yes.

Otherwise, no.

I don't remember that plot point in Only Fools and Horses

Crybaby

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 15:02 - Jun 19 with 2332 viewseireblue

Ah so airports across Europe are a mess this summer it appears on 14:03 - Jun 19 by Lord_Lucan

Otherwise, no.

Hmmm, so what you are saying is that JJJJJ maybe a tad bias, and/or won Flight attendant of the year?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024