Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… 20:42 - Jan 26 with 4173 viewsbrazil1981

What would be best result for us? Draw would be the obvious answer, however they would probably both be happy with that result as well? Maybe better for us for one of them to take a hit and lose 3 points, maybe triggering a ‘blip’?

Would be immaterial if we don’t beat Cambridge of course!
Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 20:48 - Jan 26 with 3417 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Go with the obvious.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 21:03 - Jan 26 with 3343 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Draw

The result of it will be irrelevant indeed if we fail to beat Cambridge.
Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 21:14 - Jan 26 with 3294 viewsArnieM

I reckon Wednesday win, and we win our Feb games ( Including vs swfc) …. Can see Plymouth dropping points as pressure builds

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 21:16 - Jan 26 with 3285 viewsStewart27

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 21:03 - Jan 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

Draw

The result of it will be irrelevant indeed if we fail to beat Cambridge.

Draw

Plus if Wednesday fail to win we have the incentive of overtaking them at PR.

We have to beat Cambridge, of course.
Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 21:17 - Jan 26 with 3269 viewsBlueNomad

A Plymouth win would drag SW back to us. The cost would be the title - possibly.
Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 21:34 - Jan 26 with 3166 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 21:17 - Jan 26 by BlueNomad

A Plymouth win would drag SW back to us. The cost would be the title - possibly.

I cannot see us catching both of them. As Wednesday are closer to us, probably a Plymouth win would be best, especially as we then get the chance to beat them and close the gap even further. Ultimately it is down to us to get the points but we do need one of them to drop sufficient points too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 21:45 - Jan 26 with 3109 viewsThe_Realist_09

Wednesday's form has been that good that I just can't see them dropping off, they've conceded 2 goals over their last 10 league games whilst scoring 14.
Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 21:48 - Jan 26 with 3074 viewsITFC_Jenx

A draw with multiple injuries and sendings off.
Login to get fewer ads

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 21:54 - Jan 26 with 3018 viewsNeedhamChris

Anything but a draw for me

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 21:57 - Jan 26 with 2995 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 21:16 - Jan 26 by Stewart27

Draw

Plus if Wednesday fail to win we have the incentive of overtaking them at PR.

We have to beat Cambridge, of course.

If results go our way on Feb 4th then the Sheffield Wed game will be the biggest must win of all must wins for us in the last many years.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2023 22:04]
Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 22:05 - Jan 26 with 2940 viewspennblue

Mass pitch invasion, fighting in the streets till midnight, a few bets placed by the players, accountants accidentally leave laptop on train showing financial irregularities (which Derby are involved in) and a 100 point deduction for all three teams?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 22:18 - Jan 26 with 2825 viewsIllinoisblue

Plymouth have sold out their 3,200 allocation as you’d expect. Can see a comfortable home win, which is probably not the best result for us.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 22:38 - Jan 26 with 2724 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 22:05 - Jan 26 by pennblue

Mass pitch invasion, fighting in the streets till midnight, a few bets placed by the players, accountants accidentally leave laptop on train showing financial irregularities (which Derby are involved in) and a 100 point deduction for all three teams?

All well and good except the FA would make it a suspended sentence with just a £3.50 fine to pay for now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 01:35 - Jan 27 with 2487 viewsKievthegreat

Draw would be best in my opinion. Quite simply because it means less points awarded overall.
Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 04:20 - Jan 27 with 2363 viewsChondzoresk

Ideally Weds and Argyle field ineligible players. They immediately both get docked 21 points each.
Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 06:36 - Jan 27 with 2254 viewsITFC_Forever

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 21:57 - Jan 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

If results go our way on Feb 4th then the Sheffield Wed game will be the biggest must win of all must wins for us in the last many years.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2023 22:04]

And we know how good we are at them….

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 08:26 - Jan 27 with 2086 viewstextbackup

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 22:05 - Jan 26 by pennblue

sad that its come to this, in hope for us to get out of league 1

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 08:43 - Jan 27 with 2041 viewstractorboy1978

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 22:18 - Jan 26 by Illinoisblue

Plymouth have sold out their 3,200 allocation as you’d expect. Can see a comfortable home win, which is probably not the best result for us.

As long as we do our job and beat Cambridge, any result in that game is going to be good for us. A home win would bring us within 4 points of Plymouth who I still think are the more likely side for us to topple. We'd go into that big home game against Sheff Wed 4 points behind both, we want it to stay a 3 horse race for 2 spots.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2023 8:45]
Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 08:45 - Jan 27 with 2019 viewsArnieM

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 08:26 - Jan 27 by textbackup

sad that its come to this, in hope for us to get out of league 1

Even more sad is the fact that it’ll probably take that for us to get out of this s h I t division !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 08:52 - Jan 27 with 1975 viewsBlueRaider

Best result is a draw, followed by a Plymouth win

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 09:03 - Jan 27 with 1951 viewsOldFart71

Not in the least bit concerned with winning the league. If we win it great, if we don't, come second. That's my be all and end all. I do not under any circumstances want to be involved in playoffs. For a start I believe they are totally unfair on the side finishing third and how many times have a club sneaked into 6th and gone up. It's a dreadful lottery designed by those interested in getting more out of fans and satisfying the Wembley coffers. I personally would rather see Plymouth promoted and hope they beat Wednesday. Then we beat Wednesday. We have, Wednesday apart a run of games we need and should win. It is still in our hands to an extent. It's a shame we have stuttered for quite a few weeks.
Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 10:06 - Jan 27 with 1845 viewsPinewoodblue

Going to go to last game of the season. Wednesday at home to Derby with Derby needing to win to make play offs. Derby win and then play SW in play offs, assuming of course we beat Fleetwood.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 10:14 - Jan 27 with 1817 viewsGarv

I think Wednesday should be under a bit of pressure for a win, especially being at home. A win would be massive for them.

We win and they draw and we're back within touching distance. Also, while a simple way of looking at it, we're due an upturn in form and surely they're due a downturn.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 10:15 - Jan 27 with 1811 viewsSomethingBlue

Sheff Weds will win and I think there is a fair chance they may disappear over the horizon, they have a real Rotherham (when they were good) look about them.

If we can get to within four points of Plymouth and, at very least, stay there for a while then I would fancy us to take them eventually.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Wednesday v Plymouth next week then… on 10:16 - Jan 27 with 1803 viewsitfcjoe

Draw, we can't focus on trying to reel one of them in - we have to go for both and that means best for them both to drop points

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024