Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suggestions on who to sign next season? 09:02 - Apr 30 with 8661 viewsDilithium85

Considering players from the Championship came down to league 1, surely players from the Premier league will be happy to drop down to the championship
Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:04 - Apr 30 with 5261 viewsFrimleyBlue

John Jules
Hirst
Taylor
A cb possibly. unsure

then it just depends who/if we lose any
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 9:05]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:05 - Apr 30 with 5265 viewsGuthrum

I don't think we need to change the squad very much. As was demonstrated in two legs against Burnley, they can already pretty well match the best in that division.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:06 - Apr 30 with 5251 viewsgreyhound

Absolutely... Haaland should be our number one target 😂

In all seriousness, I have no doubt we will be looking at young fringe Premier league players who are available and maybe a couple of experienced heads also... Could Tyrone make a return?
Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:06 - Apr 30 with 5232 viewsFixed_It

Too soon.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:12 - Apr 30 with 5165 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Players from the Championship AND The Premier League (Davis, Clarke, Broadhead).
Got to be targeting Champions League fringe players innit?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:15 - Apr 30 with 5136 viewsStu_boy

Max aarons would be an ok back up to wes burns and perhaps sara as back up in case broady or chappers need a rest
Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:18 - Apr 30 with 5098 viewsnodge_blue

Hirst if we can is a must. If we can't get him Id go for Bishop from Portsmouth.

But I wouldn't be surprised if we aren't tracking a few more like cClarke. PL players not in the first team picture but with huge potential.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:21 - Apr 30 with 5078 viewsSouperJim

Start with Luongo and Hirst and go from there. I'd like to see a number 1 centre back come in to replace Burgess, as good as he's been he is probably our most limited player. After that, anything to improve us and compliment what we have, but I see no reason why our first 11 at least can't compete in the championship.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:27 - Apr 30 with 4996 viewsEssexBloo

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:18 - Apr 30 by nodge_blue

Hirst if we can is a must. If we can't get him Id go for Bishop from Portsmouth.

But I wouldn't be surprised if we aren't tracking a few more like cClarke. PL players not in the first team picture but with huge potential.

Agree with this. That winger from Wolves who we were loosely linked with in January?
Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:31 - Apr 30 with 4966 viewsKeno

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:06 - Apr 30 by Fixed_It

Too soon.

You mean the African lad at palace?

I think he’s a bit like the Arsenal lad Prema Toure tho you wouldn’t want him upfront with the Yorkshire kid with at Leeds with the posh name E Jack Urlate

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:34 - Apr 30 with 4925 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Aaron Creswell is out of contract.

Useful back up.

What do we need really, a new reserve keeper a CB maybe.

Hirst and Mass and I'm pretty happy

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:36 - Apr 30 with 4898 viewsblueislander

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:34 - Apr 30 by BlueandTruesince82

Aaron Creswell is out of contract.

Useful back up.

What do we need really, a new reserve keeper a CB maybe.

Hirst and Mass and I'm pretty happy

Someone has to say it: Gabriel Batistuta.
Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:42 - Apr 30 with 4836 viewsMookamoo

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:21 - Apr 30 by SouperJim

Start with Luongo and Hirst and go from there. I'd like to see a number 1 centre back come in to replace Burgess, as good as he's been he is probably our most limited player. After that, anything to improve us and compliment what we have, but I see no reason why our first 11 at least can't compete in the championship.

The only reason not to sign Luongo is they've identified someone better. And he has been very good. Someone younger and more of a long term investment such as Broadhead, Clarke and Davis.

Future is the looking bright whoever we look to get
Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:44 - Apr 30 with 4825 viewstonybied

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:15 - Apr 30 by Stu_boy

Max aarons would be an ok back up to wes burns and perhaps sara as back up in case broady or chappers need a rest

Not sure we'll be signing any back up players, it's not really the way we have worked under Gamechanger/Ashton/McKenna so far. Any players we sign will be an upgrade on what we have.
Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:45 - Apr 30 with 4818 viewsMullet

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:44 - Apr 30 by tonybied

Not sure we'll be signing any back up players, it's not really the way we have worked under Gamechanger/Ashton/McKenna so far. Any players we sign will be an upgrade on what we have.

Goalkeeper is the only place where a back up seems likely. Even then we might well go for competition with Walton instead.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:50 - Apr 30 with 4752 viewstonybied

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:45 - Apr 30 by Mullet

Goalkeeper is the only place where a back up seems likely. Even then we might well go for competition with Walton instead.

I think that depends on Hladky and if he wants to stay for the ride or decides he needs first team football. He has shown he is more than adequate cover when required after his shaky start to his town career.

Even so who was expecting an upgrade on Donacien in January? He wasn't exactly our weakest link at the time, so it wouldn't surprise me to see any of the team upgraded if the opportunity arises, including Walton.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 9:52]
Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:56 - Apr 30 with 4700 viewsWallingford_Boy

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:04 - Apr 30 by FrimleyBlue

John Jules
Hirst
Taylor
A cb possibly. unsure

Baggott?

RIP Sir Bobby

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 10:00 - Apr 30 with 4675 viewssurreyblue

Priority number one for me is signing Hirst and Luongo. After that I think we need 3-4 players to come in who are completely interchangeable with our starting XI - so if Hirst or Morsy or Broadhead are out for a considerable length of time it doesn't really matter. As good as Ladapo, Evans and Harness are, they are clearly also a meaningful drop off in quality.
Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 10:13 - Apr 30 with 4590 viewsStewart27

John Jules
Hirst
Taylor
A cb possibly. unsure

Yeah I’d say that. Not sure if JJ would he too much of an injury risk though.

And Luongo permanently obviously.
Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 10:50 - Apr 30 with 4454 viewswkj

I don't think you'll find we need a whole lot of players. Our squad is strong enough to make a serious impact in the Championship in my opinion

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 11:27 - Apr 30 with 4313 viewsringwoodblue

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it is my take on it.

Secure Hirst, TJJ and Luongo if possible but if not, I’m sure Ashton can get equivalent or better players.

The big change that promotion brings is my attitude to our players currently out on loan which are all not really good enough to play for us in the Championship with the possible exception of Baggott after a few more years development. Don’t see the point in keeping them if they will not be part of our future.

Our under reliance on incoming loan players this season is a major positive compared to Plymouth who will have to try to buy those players or replace them over the summer.

We are in great shape and will hopefully have continuity and momentum going into next season after a strong pre-season and a brand new playing surface that will facilitate our style of football.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 14:28 - Apr 30 with 4008 viewsBigCommon

John Jules
Hirst
Taylor
A cb possibly. unsure

I'd go along with that, and add Luongo...
Cheeky bid for Ronnie Edwards, at Posh?

Think we could use Prem loan market to add some depth in AM areas....
Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 15:21 - Apr 30 with 3915 viewstractordownsouth

I'd try and keep most of the squad together and add two centre-backs, a midfielder, right-winger and striker.

I reckon we should sign a right-sided centre-back to compete with Woolfenden and a left-footer who will probably come in as a starter. Not sure who we'd go for though.

In midfield, I think we'll go for Taylor again. If Wednesday don't go up, George Byers would fit our system well.

Rak-Sakyi on loan would be a great option for the right-wing position. He's more technical than Burns so would be better at unlocking packed defences when we have less space to work in. That won't be as much of a problem in the Championship but it's still good to have somebody with that skillset.

Up front, getting Hirst back permanently would be the dream. If not, Will Keane's been mentioned but not sure he's mobile enough to play that role. Colby Bishop has done well in L1 for a few years and in teams playing very different styles of football so he could be of interest to us.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 16:00 - Apr 30 with 3766 viewsBigCommon

Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 09:21 - Apr 30 by SouperJim

Here's the thing, Burgess has only looked exposed imo, when our midfield has been under cooked... Since we've had Luongo in there, I honestly can't remember Burgess putting a foot wrong, as he's been protected, somewhat, from players breaking through and running at him... The partnership and telepathy he's built up with Woolfy, shouldn't be underestimated either. That's something, that any new addition, would probably take some time to achieve, if ever...
Suggestions on who to sign next season? on 16:14 - Apr 30 with 3703 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Surprised at the comments so far. It's a big step up.

I don't expect us to be looking at many L1 players. Championship level at a minimum.

And for us to upgrade in several areas, just as we did in January. I would expect few current contracted players to be automatic choices next year: maybe Davis, Chaplin, Broadhead, Walton.

The likes of Burns, Burgess, Wolf, possibly even Morsy, can expect real competition to be coming in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024