Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now 10:57 - Feb 12 with 12424 viewsitfc_bucks

Disappointing that he's felt the need to do that.
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:27 - Feb 12 with 6233 viewsBondiBlue

Mission accomplished. Thanks David, you've done us all a big favour.

Poll: Which would you accept?

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:28 - Feb 12 with 6208 viewsIllinoisblue

Maybe Wes asked him to.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:32 - Feb 12 with 6196 viewsnrb1985

doesn't reflect well on him either tbh.

The fact he's used his heightened profile and influence to call out an individual directly on an internet forum is at best poor form, at worst irresponsible.

Especially when 99.5% of the people who go to PR and post on here think his son is the bees knees and that Frimmers is a wally.

Very thin skinned from him and he's probably embarrassed poor Wes too.
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:42 - Feb 12 with 6077 viewsRyorry

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:32 - Feb 12 by nrb1985

The fact he's used his heightened profile and influence to call out an individual directly on an internet forum is at best poor form, at worst irresponsible.

Especially when 99.5% of the people who go to PR and post on here think his son is the bees knees and that Frimmers is a wally.

For goodness sake - a father shouldn’t try to protect his son?

The whole thing needs moving on from now.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:45 - Feb 12 with 6024 viewsnrb1985

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:42 - Feb 12 by Ryorry

Protect him from what?! A known troll who was one lonely voice on an Internet forum?!
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:48 - Feb 12 with 5974 viewsGavTWTD

That's a great shame. Really disappointing he felt the need and how some players and their family may view TWTD. It's really not what we wanted.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:49 - Feb 12 with 5925 viewsIllinoisblue

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:32 - Feb 12 by nrb1985

It’s slightly different but trying to recall what led to the mum of Ashley Maitland-Niles calling up Mick.

62 - 78 - 81

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:50 - Feb 12 with 5914 viewsblueasfook

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:27 - Feb 12 by BondiBlue

Mission accomplished. Thanks David, you've done us all a big favour.

Playing Devil's Advocate here for a second...

Are we sure that account was the GENUINE David Burns (Dad of Wes)? Could have been some tinker off here maybe out to cause a bit of trouble?

Just find it a bit odd that the account disappeared abruptly after what could be considered Mission Accomplished (Frimmers banned).

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Login to get fewer ads

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:52 - Feb 12 with 5878 viewstextbackup

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:28 - Feb 12 by Illinoisblue

Maybe Wes asked him to.

He was sat in the sauna up David Lloyd when all this started to kick off…

And off topic, Davis is taller than I thought he was

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:53 - Feb 12 with 5837 viewsUSA

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:28 - Feb 12 by Illinoisblue

Maybe Wes asked him to.

I did wonder if Wes didn’t appreciate the additional spotlight.
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:54 - Feb 12 with 5816 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:45 - Feb 12 by nrb1985

Protect him from what?! A known troll who was one lonely voice on an Internet forum?!

It's not really for us to judge. If Mr. Burns didn't like it then it's fair enough to call it out. We don't know anything about him, any other issue he might have going on in his life etc.

This is definitely not on him.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:00 - Feb 12 with 5751 viewsLord_Lucan

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:48 - Feb 12 by GavTWTD

That's a great shame. Really disappointing he felt the need and how some players and their family may view TWTD. It's really not what we wanted.

Many many years ago in the land that time forgot, I once sent a fax to the club - FAO James Scowcroft advising him to ignore the boo boys.

I got a phone call from his dad a few days later thanking me.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:03 - Feb 12 with 5694 viewsitfc_bucks

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:50 - Feb 12 by blueasfook

Playing Devil's Advocate here for a second...

Are we sure that account was the GENUINE David Burns (Dad of Wes)? Could have been some tinker off here maybe out to cause a bit of trouble?

Just find it a bit odd that the account disappeared abruptly after what could be considered Mission Accomplished (Frimmers banned).

Yes, definitely him. Have met him in the real world and we discussed an incident that you had to be there for.
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:05 - Feb 12 with 5646 viewsblueasfook

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:03 - Feb 12 by itfc_bucks

Yes, definitely him. Have met him in the real world and we discussed an incident that you had to be there for.

Fair enough. In that case, shame he had to delete his Twitter, and right that Frimmers was given a free transfer.
[Post edited 12 Feb 13:05]

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:05 - Feb 12 with 5638 viewsnodge_blue

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:00 - Feb 12 by Lord_Lucan

Many many years ago in the land that time forgot, I once sent a fax to the club - FAO James Scowcroft advising him to ignore the boo boys.

I got a phone call from his dad a few days later thanking me.

I wrote a long letter to George Burley once (nice one - just my thoughts - God knows why I did) - and he wrote me a nice two pages of A4 back detailing all my points.

I was flabbergasted that he took all that time to reply. Everything from my wish to sign Eidur Gudjohnson (sic) to youth players to tactics.
[Post edited 12 Feb 13:07]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

This is the type of post we need more of. (n/t) on 13:06 - Feb 12 with 5587 viewsBloots

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:52 - Feb 12 by textbackup

He was sat in the sauna up David Lloyd when all this started to kick off…

And off topic, Davis is taller than I thought he was

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and tremendously exquisite.

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:14 - Feb 12 with 5502 viewstextbackup

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:54 - Feb 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

It's not really for us to judge. If Mr. Burns didn't like it then it's fair enough to call it out. We don't know anything about him, any other issue he might have going on in his life etc.

This is definitely not on him.

How do we know what frimmers had going on in his life? not having TWTD as his place to express himself could prove an issue for him.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:17 - Feb 12 with 5423 viewsMetal_Hacker

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:42 - Feb 12 by Ryorry

My PoTD !

“The whole thing needs moving on from now”

Poll: If it were one or the other

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:21 - Feb 12 with 5388 viewsblueasfook

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:14 - Feb 12 by textbackup

How do we know what frimmers had going on in his life? not having TWTD as his place to express himself could prove an issue for him.

I dont think that's a valid excuse. First and foremost, TWTD needs to have a good reputation with the club as a place for SUPPORTERS of the club. I mostly stuck up for Frimmers but never gave any thought to any possible impact his postings might have on players or their families (particularly re. Wes Burns). Once that became apparent, then its clear he was going too far and TWTD rightly doesn't want to be associated with that. I think there is a lesson here for us all to be mindful of what we post as many friends/families/players no doubt browse TWTD.

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:21 - Feb 12 with 5377 viewsN2_Blue

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:48 - Feb 12 by GavTWTD

Perhaps if you didn't let posters spout bile for so long (it was more then just opinion, freedom of speech as many had pointed out for so long) or at least had some kind of moderation in process, this incident and some of the many others that have personally impacted users on here wouldn't have happened.

Not having a go, just don't know why you don't consider it / trial it etc. Would reduce yous and Phil's work load i would assume too.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:23 - Feb 12 with 5316 viewsBlueBadger

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:14 - Feb 12 by textbackup

I give it a week before he resurfaces as a 'new' poster.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:27 - Feb 12 with 5291 viewsHerbivore

I expect Wes will be handing in a transfer request imminently.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:30 - Feb 12 with 5242 viewsIllinoisblue

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:53 - Feb 12 by USA

I did wonder if Wes didn’t appreciate the additional spotlight.

Can imagine he’ll be getting some bantz in the dressing room

62 - 78 - 81

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:30 - Feb 12 with 5240 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Err, so it's ok to slag off a player for 3 years to the point where it upsets his parents?

No, sorry, Frimmers has been warned time and time again for his 'posting style'. Like many, I didn't want him banned, but it's not overly surprising, especially when it's brought Phil and TWTD into disrepute. Him and Gav don't need or deserve that.

And it's rather rich coming from you, you've had a good old chuckle at my expense recently despite not knowing what's going on in my life. Seems like you pick and choose who it's ok to have a pop at.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:32 - Feb 12 with 5177 viewsPinewoodblue

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:27 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

I expect Wes will be handing in a transfer request imminently.

WOTB

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024