Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... 10:16 - Dec 2 with 4716 viewsBloots

...Wigan, will that be the point at which we pull the trigger on him?

We'll probably be 10+ points off the play offs and in the bottom half of the league.

If we add in the inevitable poor performance against Barrow and I reckon that could be it.

Can he survive that scenario?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:19 - Dec 2 with 2573 viewsSomethingBlue

Could well be but I don't think we are bad enough to lose both of those, we'll get something out of one of them.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:20 - Dec 2 with 2553 viewsSteve_M

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:19 - Dec 2 by SomethingBlue

Could well be but I don't think we are bad enough to lose both of those, we'll get something out of one of them.

Barrow?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:21 - Dec 2 with 2539 viewsHerbivore

I'd say even just a point from these two games might do it. I said elsewhere that he probably needs 5 points minimum from the next 3 games so 1 point or less from the next 2 fixtures isn't enough. We can't afford to fall further behind and there's not been enough to suggest that Cook will turn it around off the back of another couple of poor results.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:21 - Dec 2 with 2542 viewsclive_baker

If we lost both it would be a case of when not if IMO. Perhaps the owners would see the POPR games as a nice start for a new manager, assuming they could move quickly.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Late equaliser. (n/t) on 10:21 - Dec 2 with 2534 viewsBloots

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:20 - Dec 2 by Steve_M

Barrow?

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:22 - Dec 2 with 2526 viewsBlueBadger

One of those will be another 'statement win' which will 'kickstart the season', which all then be followed by another 5 or 6 half arsed displays and/or second half collapses.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:23 - Dec 2 with 2500 viewschrismakin

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:21 - Dec 2 by Herbivore

I'd say even just a point from these two games might do it. I said elsewhere that he probably needs 5 points minimum from the next 3 games so 1 point or less from the next 2 fixtures isn't enough. We can't afford to fall further behind and there's not been enough to suggest that Cook will turn it around off the back of another couple of poor results.

what will make or break it will be those 3 Pack PR games.

Come away to boo's and they will change it, they can't afford for it to fail to such a level that the crowds start dwindling

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:24 - Dec 2 with 2492 viewsJDB23

If we lose both then he absolutely has to go, the season would already be finished. Why on Earth would you give him more time or another transfer window to bring in players he will very unlikely be managing next season?

I don't think we'll lose both, but I can see us only getting 1 point, which isn't really much different.
Login to get fewer ads

Current form would indicate otherwise..... on 10:25 - Dec 2 with 2485 viewsBloots

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:19 - Dec 2 by SomethingBlue

...I doubt we'll be favourites in either of the league matches.

I love the fact that you say "we aren't bad enough" rather than "we are good enough".

What a club.

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:30 - Dec 2 with 2438 viewschrismakin

Leams Wigan are gonna asbolutely batter us though

Charlton i can see us drawing, maybe nicking a win

but wigan, no chance. Wigan will show PC how a 4 2 3 1 actually works when done correctly.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:36 - Dec 2 with 2424 viewsGuthrum

He could well survive even that. From everything that's been said by Ashton, O'Leary and the Owners, they're thinking in terms of a long-term project. Including giving Cook lots of time. Promotion this time around is not make-or-break.

If the season is already "finished" after a couple more losses, then that reduces the urgency of making a managerial change, so long as we're not dragged into a relegation scenario (which I think would spark a sacking, pretty quick).

This isn't what I think should happen, just what I believe is likely to be the situation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We need to be in 7 points of the play-offs come January 1st on 10:38 - Dec 2 with 2389 viewsunstableblue

If we are we'll have had some good results in Charlton, Wigan, Sunderland, Gillingham and Wycombe games.... with only one 'easy' game in that sequence.

Last night was intended to give the team and project a lift.. and we were cruising, and playing some effective and promising stuff, with a few stand out performers. The the disease kicked in.

A Barrow decent performance would be a lift.

But for me its where we are come the end of the PackOutPR game that will decide Cook's fate. It is very worrying that he cannot seem to get consistency and performance out of the players he chose. We can debate whether its his technical set-up and training, his man management... or some deeper malaise at the club. But the buck stops with him. And unfortunately is feels like he's running out of ideas.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:38 - Dec 2 with 2393 viewsHerbivore

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:36 - Dec 2 by Guthrum

He could well survive even that. From everything that's been said by Ashton, O'Leary and the Owners, they're thinking in terms of a long-term project. Including giving Cook lots of time. Promotion this time around is not make-or-break.

If the season is already "finished" after a couple more losses, then that reduces the urgency of making a managerial change, so long as we're not dragged into a relegation scenario (which I think would spark a sacking, pretty quick).

This isn't what I think should happen, just what I believe is likely to be the situation.

I think if you are right in what you think will happen, the new regime could lose a lot of the good will they've enjoyed since taking over.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:39 - Dec 2 with 2382 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:30 - Dec 2 by chrismakin

but wigan, no chance. Wigan will show PC how a 4 2 3 1 actually works when done correctly.

We'll win both and you'll flip back to being a Cook-inner.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:40 - Dec 2 with 2386 viewsGuthrum

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:38 - Dec 2 by Herbivore

I think if you are right in what you think will happen, the new regime could lose a lot of the good will they've enjoyed since taking over.

But that's only because people haven't listened to what's been said, or looked at the length of contracts handed out.

In any case, they'll win it back by signing Bonne in January.

Technical. (n/t) on 10:41 - Dec 2 with 2374 viewsBloots

We need to be in 7 points of the play-offs come January 1st on 10:38 - Dec 2 by unstableblue

If we are we'll have had some good results in Charlton, Wigan, Sunderland, Gillingham and Wycombe games.... with only one 'easy' game in that sequence.

Last night was intended to give the team and project a lift.. and we were cruising, and playing some effective and promising stuff, with a few stand out performers. The the disease kicked in.

A Barrow decent performance would be a lift.

But for me its where we are come the end of the PackOutPR game that will decide Cook's fate. It is very worrying that he cannot seem to get consistency and performance out of the players he chose. We can debate whether its his technical set-up and training, his man management... or some deeper malaise at the club. But the buck stops with him. And unfortunately is feels like he's running out of ideas.

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:42 - Dec 2 with 2371 viewsitfcsuth

It's a job defining month for him. I think 3 points or less and he will be in real trouble.

5 points would be minimum for me

Anything around 7 points from Charlton, Wigan, Sunderland and I would think we could go on a strong run in the second half of the season.
On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:44 - Dec 2 with 2346 viewschicoazul

I don’t think he could survive that.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:50 - Dec 2 with 2332 viewsITFC_Forever

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:36 - Dec 2 by Guthrum

I agree.

I can't see PC going any time soon.

I am ambivalent to the situation at the moment - I want him to suceed, and all the evidence at his previous jobs suggests he was an excellent appointment, but he's going to run out of credit with more and more fans the longer we remain out of the POs.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:53 - Dec 2 with 2308 viewschrismakin

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:39 - Dec 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

We'll win both and you'll flip back to being a Cook-inner.

i'll flip back when things improve yes, that's a given, it's PC's job to ensure he has fans on his side. he does that by winning games of football

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:56 - Dec 2 with 2287 viewsGuthrum

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:50 - Dec 2 by ITFC_Forever

I agree.

I can't see PC going any time soon.

I am ambivalent to the situation at the moment - I want him to suceed, and all the evidence at his previous jobs suggests he was an excellent appointment, but he's going to run out of credit with more and more fans the longer we remain out of the POs.

Pretty much where I am, too.

Rather disappointed that what progress we've made has been followed by very frustrating setbacks.

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:57 - Dec 2 with 2282 viewsBseaBlue

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:38 - Dec 2 by Herbivore

Yes I think you are spot on here. Also, as some have pointed out, the POPR campaign could become very hostile if our form doesn't improve and that will be the complete opposite of the atmosphere they would have been expecting.

As Somethingblue said though, we will probably put in the performance of the season against Charlton giving us all renewed false-hope!
On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 11:02 - Dec 2 with 2248 viewsChurchman

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:20 - Dec 2 by Steve_M

Barrow?

After a replay. 1-1 Saturday. ‘Barrow are a good team. They played exceptionally well and made It really difficult for us’. ‘But our lads stuck at it and we go again Tuesday’. Post match interview: sorted.

We might scrape a point off Charlton, but bar last Saturday they have been in good form recently so it’s odds against. Wigan? We will have a good spell in the game as always, but we will probably lose 2-0. It’s heaven sent fixtures for Charlton and Wigan. I bet they can’t wait.

If this dismal scenario plays out, that could well be Cook’s lot.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 11:03]
On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 11:19 - Dec 2 with 2161 viewspatrickswell

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:30 - Dec 2 by chrismakin

It would be peak Cook though to batter Wigan 4-1 but surround that with draws at Charlton and Gillingham, interspersed with losses to Sunderland and Wycombe and a laboured win over Lincoln.
On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 11:26 - Dec 2 with 2124 viewschrismakin

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 11:19 - Dec 2 by patrickswell

It would be peak Cook though to batter Wigan 4-1 but surround that with draws at Charlton and Gillingham, interspersed with losses to Sunderland and Wycombe and a laboured win over Lincoln.

Lol it would wouldn't it

He's such a jewell at the moment

I want the days back where I can have people moan at me because I loved pc.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024