Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... 23:03 - Mar 20 with 4206 viewsN2_Blue

I expect us to finish 7th-10th this season...HOWEVER...
ITFC will WIN L1 under PC next year....ass long as least half this squad is gone. I don't expect Evans will allow much funds for recruitment but frees of Cook's choice will do as long as we have a reset.

We must change over 50% of this squad though....and i mean MUST...it is rotten to the core...confidence is so damaged and has a losing mentality that i think its irreversible.

Change the squad, get the players for Cook's formation, we will be successful. Just hope Cook's enthusiasm doesn't wane over tough weeks ahead and a hesitant Evans in the summer.

Cook is the real deal.....TRUST....seriously. It will happen but forget this season!

There will be no takeover. I've said this since the first rumours. Not going to say why but Evans will own the club come the first game of next season. Fans expecting anything will be disappointed I'm afraid. But please get behind Cook and his team...especially when we are back at PR.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 23:05 - Mar 20 with 3517 viewsPlums

I think a lot of people have failed to realise that once Cook shows a number of players the door, he’s likely to have quite a sizeable budget to spend on fees and/ or wages. He should be able to recruit decent players to play the way he wants.
I find that prospect exciting. It’s far from as bleak as some are painting it.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 09:18 - Mar 21 with 3298 viewstownblue

I agree we should be good with Cook over the long term. I think people are just a little disappointed that we haven't had a new manager bounce and that we are pretty much writing off a season where we were on the edge of the playoffs and only needed to marginally improve to have a chance of getting in there.

Perhaps we've underestimated how deep the squad issues run.
Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 09:22 - Mar 21 with 3282 viewssaffers12

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 23:05 - Mar 20 by Plums

I think a lot of people have failed to realise that once Cook shows a number of players the door, he’s likely to have quite a sizeable budget to spend on fees and/ or wages. He should be able to recruit decent players to play the way he wants.

I agree - 15 at least will go and that will free up for 6/7 better players. which will make a massive difference, week in week out

I have 100% faith in PC
Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 09:22 - Mar 21 with 3274 viewstextbackup

Town fans in being thick as sht shock

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 09:23 - Mar 21 with 3272 viewssaffers12

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 09:22 - Mar 21 by saffers12

I agree - 15 at least will go and that will free up for 6/7 better players. which will make a massive difference, week in week out

I have 100% faith in PC

added - also believe PC will have already sounded 2/3 out

Will be no messing night before deadline day
Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 09:25 - Mar 21 with 3263 viewsCheltenham_Blue

There's a good number of posters that were genuinely disappointed with Cook and wanted the Cowleys. The fact we lost to them yesterday has made those posters all excited.

It'll pass.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 09:50 - Mar 21 with 3204 viewsBluedanW

If he resigns Chambers and keeps him as captain. We will not win league 1.
Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 09:53 - Mar 21 with 3183 viewsStokieBlue

It's all part of the news comments takeover of the board in recent weeks.

Lots of posters can't be bothered to engage anymore because a lot of the posting is just utter nonsense.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 10:01 - Mar 21 with 3157 viewsStewart27

So:

Current bang average mid table league one squad - 15/20 players + freebies and loans = league one winners 2022

Or am I missing something?
Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 10:02 - Mar 21 with 3147 viewshaynes_toe1

We should get promoted next season under Cook but this weird thing people do on this forum when a new manager is the dogs boll*cks without actually doing anything for our club yet is in full flow.

"We WILL win League One next season"

"Cook will get rid of 15 players"

"Cook will already have 2 or 3 players tapped up"

"Cook won't mess around on deadline day"

All lovely theories but they're just that yet people on here present them as facts. No different to when Lambert came in and "League one WILL be fun" and "He just gets it" and "The football is so much better now"
Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 10:12 - Mar 21 with 3118 viewsNthQldITFC

What do we want? Instant gratification! When do we want it? Now!

This sort of attitude pervades Western society these days... blah, blah, blah! ...but true.

All this 'get rid of all these weak players' stuff as well. I kind of agree, up to a point, but surely, surely, we could give them the rest of the season under the first decent manager we've had for years, to see how many of them can recover their mojo? So we could maybe lay off a tiny bit for the rest of the season and give 'em a chance to put things right?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 10:15 - Mar 21 with 3111 viewspeterleeblue

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 10:12 - Mar 21 by NthQldITFC

What do we want? Instant gratification! When do we want it? Now!

This sort of attitude pervades Western society these days... blah, blah, blah! ...but true.

All this 'get rid of all these weak players' stuff as well. I kind of agree, up to a point, but surely, surely, we could give them the rest of the season under the first decent manager we've had for years, to see how many of them can recover their mojo? So we could maybe lay off a tiny bit for the rest of the season and give 'em a chance to put things right?

To be fair our "gratification" when it eventually comes can hardly be described as "instant".
Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 10:21 - Mar 21 with 3092 viewswkj

I said it about Lambert and I will say it about Cook - you can't fully judge the manager until he has imprinted the team with their own signings - loan or otherwise.

Cook being booed now is 100%, without questions down to Marcus Evans acting way too late. Had Cook come in before the transfer window, he'd have least been able to look getting loans in to fill weak areas - not get players in on loan that frankly perform worse than contracted players in the same role (granted, Parrott is somewhat decent in spells.)

Getting on Cook's case right now is about as pathetic as it gets.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 10:24 - Mar 21 with 3082 viewspointofblue

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 10:21 - Mar 21 by wkj

I said it about Lambert and I will say it about Cook - you can't fully judge the manager until he has imprinted the team with their own signings - loan or otherwise.

Cook being booed now is 100%, without questions down to Marcus Evans acting way too late. Had Cook come in before the transfer window, he'd have least been able to look getting loans in to fill weak areas - not get players in on loan that frankly perform worse than contracted players in the same role (granted, Parrott is somewhat decent in spells.)

Getting on Cook's case right now is about as pathetic as it gets.

I’d say Matheson in theory is a decent loaning signing too though hasn’t quite worked out so far in practice.

Thomas and Harrop though... what was he thinking? Plus Bennetts when we had the possibility of Dobra and El Mizouni plus McGuinness when we could have just utilised Donacien - all very poor signings.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 13:39 - Mar 21 with 2994 viewsPlums

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 10:01 - Mar 21 by Stewart27

So:

Current bang average mid table league one squad - 15/20 players + freebies and loans = league one winners 2022

Yes, you’re missing something. See my comment earlier in the thread.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 13:43 - Mar 21 with 2986 viewsjayessess

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 10:01 - Mar 21 by Stewart27

So:

Signing good out of contract players is how you assemble a decent squad in League One.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 13:45 - Mar 21 with 2980 viewsBloomBlue

I think it's because a lot of fans bemoaned Lambert and commented that a half decent manager would do a lot better with the squad we have and assumed a new manager would instantly have us winning 5, 6 nil. Now that hasn't happened (not that it ever would) those fans want to moan again.

It will take some time for Cook to get them playing in his style, this coming full week of training will help.
Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 13:50 - Mar 21 with 2965 viewsWD19

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 09:25 - Mar 21 by Cheltenham_Blue

There's a good number of posters that were genuinely disappointed with Cook and wanted the Cowleys. The fact we lost to them yesterday has made those posters all excited.

It'll pass.

See also Texters post above.
Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 14:00 - Mar 21 with 2944 viewsMrTown

Cook is the real deal, he will be top top class.

Not surprised posters jumping on him already, most of the board is full of idiots anyway.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 15:20 - Mar 21 with 2863 viewsKropotkin123

These players have been badly coached for over two years. Due to games being weekend and Tuesday, Cook has had very little time on the training pitch to actually implement ideas.

Evidence suggests Cook is a very good manager and I don't believe the players are as bad as people are suddenly making them out to be.

There is a losing mentality and there is a recent history of poor coaching. That won't change over night. It isn't about some quick change in tactics.

With that said. It is still very much in our hands to reach the play-offs. I'm hopeful that if we do make it to the play-offs, we'll be in a better place to compete against the teams around us, than we were under Lambert.

As Bluefish said the other day, plenty of good things about that first half. So hopefully we can see more of that going forward.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 17:13 - Mar 21 with 2776 viewschrismakin

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 23:05 - Mar 20 by Plums

And this is why people who can, need to renew their season tickets regardless of thoughts of Evans. Afterall, the only way Cook will be given funds is if the funds are available.

I'd say, Cook will probably be in the best position since Mick, to go player buying.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 17:26 - Mar 21 with 2744 viewshaynes_toe1

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 14:00 - Mar 21 by MrTown

Cook is the real deal, he will be top top class.

Not surprised posters jumping on him already, most of the board is full of idiots anyway.

Says the guy who repeatedly defended Lambert whenever we won a game or two (up until his last few months)
Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 17:29 - Mar 21 with 2737 viewsblueconscience

“he’s likely to have quite a sizeable budget to spend on fees and/ or wages”

Not going to happen if Evans is still the owner.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 17:31 - Mar 21 with 2733 viewschrismakin

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 17:29 - Mar 21 by blueconscience

“he’s likely to have quite a sizeable budget to spend on fees and/ or wages”

Not going to happen if Evans is still the owner.

Yeah, because Evans has never invested anything into the playing squad

but somehow we have 53 registered players,

Evans just needs a manager he cant trust with the transfer budget unlike Hurst and Lambert.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 17:34]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 17:35 - Mar 21 with 2715 viewsblueconscience

Bit disappointed by number of posters on Cook's case already... on 17:31 - Mar 21 by chrismakin

Yeah, because Evans has never invested anything into the playing squad

but somehow we have 53 registered players,

Evans just needs a manager he cant trust with the transfer budget unlike Hurst and Lambert.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 17:34]

They will be replaced with more cheap rejects from lower teams.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024