Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. 11:33 - May 23 with 2794 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Derby
Barnsley
Sheff Wed
Portsmouth
MK Dons
Wycombe
Peterborough
Oxford
Plymouth
Bolton
Ipswich

All of those teams could arguably be in the top six mix. I do worry we missed a great opportunity last season what with Paul Cook's disasterous start. I think obviously we'll have a good chance but it will be really tough. That's a bunch of tough league one teams who are not going to want to give us an inch.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:35 - May 23 with 2266 viewsSomethingBlue

We have foundations we didn't have a year ago, though, and only two of those clubs are likely to have financial clout on anything like a similar level to ours. I don't particularly worry that the league will be stronger and expect a strong performance from us.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:40 - May 23 with 2236 viewsJ2BLUE

If we're serious about promotion we shouldn't be worrying about the likes of Portsmouth (always over estimated) and Oxford/Wycombe.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:44 - May 23 with 2192 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We will be fine.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:45 - May 23 with 2190 viewsitfcjoe

It'll be much easier because we won't have a Demolition Man in charge who demolishes our promotion chances in the first 2 months of the season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:46 - May 23 with 2180 viewstextbackup

We’ll be in the top 2

Absolutely certain of it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:48 - May 23 with 2155 viewsWallingford_Boy

My thoughts exactly, but don't let J2Blue hear you!

RIP Sir Bobby

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:49 - May 23 with 2148 viewsLower_North

A solid start and I think we will be in the top six all season
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:51 - May 23 with 2133 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Sunderland going up was good for us, as Alex Neil would have had them in the top 2 next season. We now have the infrastructure, and the financial clout to be a top 2 team next season. Absolutely vital though is our recruitment this summer. That will be the make or break for us.
Login to get fewer ads

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:53 - May 23 with 2112 viewsKeno

PAH!!!

Its been revamped and in the capable hands of Admiral McKenna and Captain Morsy

HMS P1ss the League sailing to a ground near you next season

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:55 - May 23 with 2087 viewsmarkchips

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:51 - May 23 by muhrensleftfoot

Sunderland going up was good for us, as Alex Neil would have had them in the top 2 next season. We now have the infrastructure, and the financial clout to be a top 2 team next season. Absolutely vital though is our recruitment this summer. That will be the make or break for us.

I agree, we didn't get a single point off Sunderland last few seasons.
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:57 - May 23 with 2068 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Getting rid of sunderland, wigan and rotherham was good. not worries about barnsley, peterborough will be interesting with different manager. plymouth i doubt will have a season like this one twice.

think its got easier IMO.
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:58 - May 23 with 2058 viewsVaughan8

Who out of that list are you really fearing will be good?

We don't even know who we will have, and you don't know who they will have. SOme of those teams might end up selling their best players. WHo knows.

I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Enjoy your summer! haha
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 12:04 - May 23 with 2018 viewstractorboy1978

I think it'll be similar to this season with there being 8-10 teams that are markedly better than the rest. Ultimately you need 2 points per game and can't vary too far from that at any stage of the season. We certainly cannot afford to pick up 3 points from our first 6 games and kill our season dead before it has even begun.
[Post edited 23 May 2022 12:05]
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 12:13 - May 23 with 1932 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Most Charlton fans expect a top two finish also.
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 12:17 - May 23 with 1907 viewsRegencyBlue

Until all the transfer business is done it’s very hard to say.

I think some of the sides you mention missed their chance this season and will be weaker next but there will undoubtedly be a surprise or two.

It’s not going to be any easier, let’s put it that way!
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 12:18 - May 23 with 1880 viewsBlueRaider

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 12:13 - May 23 by TonyHumesIpswich

Not if the play like they did the other week !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 12:20 - May 23 with 1850 viewsChrisd

Most seasons we can say this because we are looking at the names and history of those clubs rather than worrying about the actual management/playing squad they will have come the start of the season. Ultimately, two teams will get automatic promotion and one will go up via the play offs come next May, why not us for one of those places? We've got a lot of encouraging things in place, I'm more hopeful than I have been the last 3 seasons.
[Post edited 23 May 2022 12:22]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 12:31 - May 23 with 1755 viewsclive_baker

8 of them were in L1 this season, plus Rotherham who were as good if not better than any of those. In fact we've lost 3 tough nuts to crack out of this division. Sunderland are as big a club as any of those and I'm happy to see the back of them. I don't think it's any more challenging than it was last year, although to some extent it'll depend if Derby sort themselves out.

If we're really fearing Wycombe, Plymouth, Oxford, Bolton, Pompey then we might as well feck it off and go home. To a lesser extent MK Dons, I wouldn't be surprised if they're not quite as strong. Peterborough & Barnsley should be decent, but who knows how they'll adapt.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 12:33 - May 23 with 1729 viewsbilllm

This season we blew it, that will be the reason why,
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 13:00 - May 23 with 1603 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 12:13 - May 23 by TonyHumesIpswich

Really? My mates a charlton fan and is the most negative ive seen him
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 13:05 - May 23 with 1570 viewsitfcsuth

I don't think it will harder per say than last year - nobody was stumbling or slipping in the run in last year, sides seemed to be picking up maximum points at every opportunity. A side hit 80 points and didn't even make the play-offs, every team down to 11th hit 70+ points, it was a unique season where despite KM & co. giving it a terrific effort, our season was decided ultimately by such a poor pre Christmas.

This league will be tough again, it look really strong again next year - and if you want to get out of it, you have to earn, because it's very difficult, and this next season will be no different.
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 13:08 - May 23 with 1553 viewsitfcsuth

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:40 - May 23 by J2BLUE

If we're serious about promotion we shouldn't be worrying about the likes of Portsmouth (always over estimated) and Oxford/Wycombe.

You can't be discounting sides the likes of Wycombe or Oxford as sides we shouldn't be worried about.

Wycombe have dented the top 6 in this division over the last 3 years far more than we've looked like doing.

Their style may not be perfect, but they know how to navigate through this division.
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 13:12 - May 23 with 1532 viewsjayessess

For quite a few of those there's a good likelihood they'll be weaker.

For clubs like Barnsley, MK Dons, Wycombe, Posh, Oxford, Plymouth, with middling budgets for the division, you have to get your recruitment spot on year in year out to continue competing at the top of this division. If you don't then you go the way Lincoln and Fleetwood have done over the past 2 seasons.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 13:17 - May 23 with 1488 viewscressi

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 13:08 - May 23 by itfcsuth

You can't be discounting sides the likes of Wycombe or Oxford as sides we shouldn't be worried about.

Wycombe have dented the top 6 in this division over the last 3 years far more than we've looked like doing.

Their style may not be perfect, but they know how to navigate through this division.

Really why no different to any other year Derby down Sunderland up
Plus Derby still in a financial muddle .We have the nucleus of a decent side although I still believe we will bring 6 -7 in as I think another 2-3 will leave this season after a pre season players like Walton and Morsey will be there on opening day, it's just about getting the recruitment right this summer
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 13:25 - May 23 with 1427 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Nobody we can’t outplay there. Just need a clinical striker or two.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024