Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Williams better than Clarke 20:00 - Sep 30 with 6069 viewssaffers12

Nt
Williams better than Clarke on 21:03 - Sep 30 with 4690 views66notout

By some distance from what we’ve seen so far. I suspect Kieran McKenna agrees.
Williams better than Clarke on 21:08 - Sep 30 with 4656 views_clive_baker_

Think they both bring something but I do really like the look of Williams. Looks a quality player.
Williams better than Clarke on 21:12 - Sep 30 with 4604 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Clarke was torn apart today and no wonder he got subbed at half time.
Williams better than Clarke on 21:16 - Sep 30 with 4604 viewsdurhamj

Williams better than Clarke on 21:12 - Sep 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

Clarke was torn apart today and no wonder he got subbed at half time.

Absolutely he was an accident waiting to happen. Not for lack of trying on his part, simply that they'd worked him out.
Williams better than Clarke on 21:16 - Sep 30 with 4583 viewsFrimleyBlue

Williams is. But then he's of a higher level.

Clarke is learning still imo. He's better when able to be direct and drive forward. Williams is better defensively and has the davis ability with the ball to get out of trouble at the back.

Clarke will get there. But think he's better when we are the ones in control.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Williams better than Clarke on 22:07 - Sep 30 with 4400 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Clarke is a bit raw at the moment but I don't think Williams has been particularly great himself just yet
Williams better than Clarke on 22:12 - Sep 30 with 4385 viewsElderGrizzly

Williams better than Clarke on 21:16 - Sep 30 by FrimleyBlue

Clarke is learning still imo. He's better when able to be direct and drive forward. Williams is better defensively and has the davis ability with the ball to get out of trouble at the back.

Clarke can’t defend very well and if Burns is off his game we are so vulnerable down the right hand side.

Williams can do both and if we need to go ultra defensive i’d still throw in Donacien. Still our best man to man defender and noticeably back on the bench as soon as he was fit.
Williams better than Clarke on 00:19 - Oct 1 with 4084 viewsSomethingBlue

As an all-round full-back, probably at this (early for both 22/23-year-olds) point. But Clarke has a power, crispness and line-breaking ability from deep that few in his position possess, especially at this level. Not particularly wise to dump on him as some people do, because he brings us something unique. There will be days when we need that more than the attributes his competitors for the position bring, and days when we don't.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2023 11:32]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Williams better than Clarke on 00:42 - Oct 1 with 4027 viewsDubtractor

Williams better than Clarke on 00:19 - Oct 1 by SomethingBlue

As an all-round full-back, probably at this (early for both 22/23-year-olds) point. But Clarke has a power, crispness and line-breaking ability from deep that few in his position possess, especially at this level. Not particularly wise to dump on him as some people do, because he brings us something unique. There will be days when we need that more than the attributes his competitors for the position bring, and days when we don't.

Let's not forget, it's only a week ago that Clarke was excellent against Blackburn.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Williams better than Clarke on 01:57 - Oct 1 with 3926 viewsBondiBlue

At certain things. Not at others. I wonder if mckenna might look at what klopp and guardiola have done with defenders recently and turn clarke into a midfielder.

Does anyone know what position he played at youth level? Not that it matters much. Just out of interest.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Williams better than Clarke on 06:53 - Oct 1 with 3721 viewshype313

Williams better than Clarke on 01:57 - Oct 1 by BondiBlue

At certain things. Not at others. I wonder if mckenna might look at what klopp and guardiola have done with defenders recently and turn clarke into a midfielder.

Does anyone know what position he played at youth level? Not that it matters much. Just out of interest.

Striker

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Williams better than Clarke on 07:47 - Oct 1 with 3559 viewsUSA

Williams is better going forward too
Williams better than Clarke on 08:32 - Oct 1 with 3433 viewsWickets

Yer good post certainly don't write Clarke off and lets not forget he is our player . Good to see Williams playing well , on £65 grand a week apparently lucky sod , long may it continue as there is of course room for 2 quality players in each position .
Williams better than Clarke on 09:06 - Oct 1 with 3311 viewsElderGrizzly

Williams better than Clarke on 08:32 - Oct 1 by Wickets

Yer good post certainly don't write Clarke off and lets not forget he is our player . Good to see Williams playing well , on £65 grand a week apparently lucky sod , long may it continue as there is of course room for 2 quality players in each position .

Certainly not writing him off. Fist pumping and one of our own, albeit with a gap, buys a little bit of credit or blue-tinted glasses with some too.

We’ll need Clarke, Williams and Donacien this season quite a bit with Williams being able to cover Davis too.
Williams better than Clarke on 09:09 - Oct 1 with 3297 viewsWickets

Williams better than Clarke on 00:42 - Oct 1 by Dubtractor

Let's not forget, it's only a week ago that Clarke was excellent against Blackburn.

He was .
Williams better than Clarke on 09:24 - Oct 1 with 3234 viewsWallingford_Boy

Yes

RIP Sir Bobby

Williams better than Clarke on 09:27 - Oct 1 with 3226 viewsfranz_tyson

I'm not sure it's writing him off, but I think with Clarke there we're looking very exposed on that right-hand side too often. I think Williams was brought in to be a starter and could be his match-finess/ sharpness is the reason Clarke starts in front of him. Clarke being hooked at HT ... you'd think that's a big statement and i would expect Williams to get the nod next time. Clarke's 21/22. No big deal if he has to step back and hopefully Williams raises the bar. If that's the case.... Clarke has to learn and raise his level. Competition, innit.
Williams better than Clarke on 09:57 - Oct 1 with 3149 viewsGuthrum

Williams faster than Clarke.

Which is why McKenna swapped them in this instance. Clarke was getting regularly outpaced by Hudds players running down his flank.

Once again, horses for courses in a specific situation, not a blanket judgement on quality.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hmmmm… I’m not so sure about that on 09:59 - Oct 1 with 3133 viewsunstableblue

Williams was doing quite a few things wrong ahead of his excellent headed winning goal

Clarke sometimes has a better forward pass, is more physical and better in the air
[Post edited 1 Oct 2023 10:18]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Williams better than Clarke on 10:11 - Oct 1 with 3075 viewsHerbivore

Williams better than Clarke on 00:19 - Oct 1 by SomethingBlue

Indeed. Clarke's use of the ball is usually very good as well and he gives us a real threat down that side. Williams looks much more solid and he's very tidy as a footballer but doesn't necessarily bring the dynamism that Clarke does. Important to remember that Clarke has had a disrupted few months with injury as well so perhaps isn't as match sharp as others. Personally I'm very happy we have both and think each will suit different games and game situations.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Williams better than Clarke on 10:14 - Oct 1 with 3055 viewspointofblue

Williams better than Clarke on 00:42 - Oct 1 by Dubtractor

Attacking wise, yes. Defensively he was dreadful.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Williams better than Clarke on 11:00 - Oct 1 with 2968 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Equally Williams is a red card in waiting.

Top player at this level, but very quick to react.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Williams better than Clarke on 11:05 - Oct 1 with 2960 viewsMookamoo

In 2-3 years time Clarke will be a centre back.
Williams better than Clarke on 12:34 - Oct 1 with 2849 viewsPinewoodblue

Williams better than Clarke on 11:05 - Oct 1 by Mookamoo

In 2-3 years time Clarke will be a centre back.

He would be now if we played with a back three.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Williams better than Clarke on 12:38 - Oct 1 with 2838 viewsHerbivore

Williams better than Clarke on 12:34 - Oct 1 by Pinewoodblue

He would be now if we played with a back three.

We do play with a back three when defending, that's why he's often tucked in and relying on Burns getting back to cover the winger.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024