Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Town change their manager? 11:04 - Nov 26 with 7712 viewsPhilTWTD

Should Town change their manager?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Should Town change their manager? on 12:12 - Nov 26 with 2041 viewsBlueandTruesince82

6% of town fans are insane

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Should Town change their manager? on 12:14 - Nov 26 with 2033 viewswkj

Should Town change their manager? on 12:08 - Nov 26 by rugbytomc

I think there should be a wait and see option. Bear with me...

This season he introduced 433 and a possession based style of play. It takes time for players to adapt to a new way of playing. Given time and less injuries to our key attacking players (Edwards, Bishop, Dozzell, KVY) and having our best defensive players fully fit (Woolf, Downes) then I believe we'd become better at how we play this style and grow in confidence especially in attack.

The questions begs why has it taken him so long to get here? Why does he say the academy needs to play like the first team when actually I think the academy have been playing possession passing football for years but then the first team haven't.

I admit it is hard to see 2/3 wins and the performances coming in the next 3 games, but what if they did?

The other side is - whoever we bring in to replace him, can't change the personnel. We cannot sell 3-4 players or even give them away for free and bring in a killer striker and (another) new full back or wingers, because of this stupid salary cap!

If someone else comes in - personally - I would stick with 433 but only ever play Edwards, Lankester, Dobra or maybe occasionally Sears or Jackson, in the wide roles. I wouldn't play Judge or Huws full stop. I'd tell them to attack attack attack and when they don't have the ball close down rapidly and make it hard for the opposition to find room. Surely that would be enough to get us going? Can't Lambert see that? Would Cook or Dyer or anyone else do exactly that??

It goes way beyond that though. He's so far off the mark with his press conferences and analysis of the games- if he is being so lenient in the dressing room it is creating the wrong kind of mindset for the players to be in.

The way they left the pitch vs Hull is a great example of how poorly the players are reading the gravity of the situation. If we fail this year then our expectations of being in the championship become more of a lottery, let alone the delusion of being in the Premier League.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 12:16]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Should Town change their manager? on 12:30 - Nov 26 with 1981 viewsBlueBadger

Should Town change their manager? on 11:10 - Nov 26 by Swailsey

It's happening people! The poll is here!

Anyone who votes 'No' must be made to show their workings.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 11:10]

The case for Lambert by BlueBadger 24 Nov 2020 3:51
Reasons to keep Lambert:

1. We have to pay him off
2. He might buy the fans some more drinks sometime.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Should Town change their manager? on 12:46 - Nov 26 with 1956 viewsRobTheMonk

I like to think that this forum is a good microcosm of ITFC fans. You get good debates, interesting topics, crap-posts and everything in between.

That 92.7% (at my current reading) of a poll of random fans want him gone speaks volumes to me.
Should Town change their manager? on 12:47 - Nov 26 with 1947 viewsHerbivore

This season he introduced 433 and a possession based style of play. It takes time for players to adapt to a new way of playing. Given time and less injuries to our key attacking players (Edwards, Bishop, Dozzell, KVY) and having our best defensive players fully fit (Woolf, Downes) then I believe we'd become better at how we play this style and grow in confidence especially in attack.

The questions begs why has it taken him so long to get here? Why does he say the academy needs to play like the first team when actually I think the academy have been playing possession passing football for years but then the first team haven't.

I admit it is hard to see 2/3 wins and the performances coming in the next 3 games, but what if they did?

The other side is - whoever we bring in to replace him, can't change the personnel. We cannot sell 3-4 players or even give them away for free and bring in a killer striker and (another) new full back or wingers, because of this stupid salary cap!

If someone else comes in - personally - I would stick with 433 but only ever play Edwards, Lankester, Dobra or maybe occasionally Sears or Jackson, in the wide roles. I wouldn't play Judge or Huws full stop. I'd tell them to attack attack attack and when they don't have the ball close down rapidly and make it hard for the opposition to find room. Surely that would be enough to get us going? Can't Lambert see that? Would Cook or Dyer or anyone else do exactly that??

You might want to go to the docs about the blow to the head you've taken.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Should Town change their manager? on 12:49 - Nov 26 with 1937 viewshomer_123

Should Town change their manager? on 12:46 - Nov 26 by RobTheMonk

I like to think that this forum is a good microcosm of ITFC fans. You get good debates, interesting topics, crap-posts and everything in between.

That 92.7% (at my current reading) of a poll of random fans want him gone speaks volumes to me.

Biased sample - we are all Blueas

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Should Town change their manager? on 12:56 - Nov 26 with 1917 viewsChondzoresk

Should Town change their manager? on 11:58 - Nov 26 by Keno

is the 'o' needed?

No such word as STP
Should Town change their manager? on 13:07 - Nov 26 with 1892 viewsgiant_stow

Should Town change their manager? on 11:15 - Nov 26 by hype313

Ulla, is that you?

No boss - i stay out of in-house business! or try to.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Should Town change their manager? on 13:08 - Nov 26 with 1889 viewsTieDyedIn95

Should Town change their manager? on 11:08 - Nov 26 by Swansea_Blue

I'm looking forward to the follow up 'Do bears **** in the woods?'

Although in fairness, I suppose there may be some people who think he's doing as good a job as he can. Hopefully they will leave a comment to explain why.

He's not a great manager. We also can't do much better and the majority of the clubs problems do not relate to him. We keep going round in circles on this, it's Evans fault, not Lambert. Change manager all you want because nothing will get any better until Evans changes.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Should Town change their manager? on 13:21 - Nov 26 with 1845 viewshype313

Should Town change their manager? on 13:08 - Nov 26 by TieDyedIn95

He's not a great manager. We also can't do much better and the majority of the clubs problems do not relate to him. We keep going round in circles on this, it's Evans fault, not Lambert. Change manager all you want because nothing will get any better until Evans changes.

Yeah but keep throwing enough sh1t, somethings got to stick eh.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Should Town change their manager? on 13:21 - Nov 26 with 1841 viewshoppy

Should Town change their manager? on 13:07 - Nov 26 by giant_stow

No boss - i stay out of in-house business! or try to.

I hardly think that's true... for you Norfolk types it's ALL about doing the in-house business, isn't it?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Should Town change their manager? on 13:22 - Nov 26 with 1833 viewsgiant_stow

Should Town change their manager? on 13:21 - Nov 26 by hoppy

I hardly think that's true... for you Norfolk types it's ALL about doing the in-house business, isn't it?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Should Town change their manager? on 13:23 - Nov 26 with 1825 viewswkj

Should Town change their manager? on 13:22 - Nov 26 by giant_stow

Don't let him bully you Ullers - When I get elected to Norwich North he wont be laughing when I take us out of the UK

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Should Town change their manager? on 13:25 - Nov 26 with 1809 viewsMetal_Hacker

This is a trick question right ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Should Town change their manager? on 13:27 - Nov 26 with 1806 viewsPinewoodblue

Paul Lambert is of a mindset where change is impossible. They should get rid.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Should Town change their manager? on 13:29 - Nov 26 with 1793 viewsPinewoodblue

Should Town change their manager? on 12:12 - Nov 26 by BlueandTruesince82

They are budgies having a laugh, as we would if Norwich had a similar poll

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Should Town change their manager? on 13:33 - Nov 26 with 1782 viewsX0Y0

I don’t personally believe this - how is it ‘not Lambert’s fault’?

Ultimately, we go up or down based on the points we win on the pitch, and that is (mostly) down to the management and coaching staff. Of course Evans appoints them, and that is where his responsibility and failings lie, but he is not responsible for our inability to perform at this level.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 13:36]
Should Town change their manager? on 13:36 - Nov 26 with 1773 viewsnoggin

Most of us have waited and we've seen.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Should Town change their manager? on 14:16 - Nov 26 with 1713 viewsBlueBadger

It's not Marcus Evans that's coached a terrible style of football into the team, is failing to motivate the players or keeps insisting on picking Alan Judge, is it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Should Town change their manager? on 14:56 - Nov 26 with 1662 viewsHarry_Palmer

"Change manager all you want because nothing will get any better until Evans changes."

2 years ago when we were mid table in the Championship under MM I would have agreed with that statement, but where we are right now it is simply not true.

I'm not exaggerating to say that I could have set up the team better than Lambert did against Hull. It was so blindingly obvious to everyone what was going to happen it was ridiculous, well to everyone except Lambert that is.

There can't be many managers in the professional game that could not do a better job here than Lambert has, he simply has to go.
Should Town change their manager? on 15:21 - Nov 26 with 1630 viewsSuperblue95

Evans can be blamed for many things but not getting promoted last season is completely Lamberts fault. This seasons impending failure is down to Lambert too.

My main gripe with Evans at the moment is the fact he hasn’t sacked this clueless fraud.

FOPRP

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Should Town change their manager? on 16:03 - Nov 26 with 1575 viewsSwansea_Blue

Should Town change their manager? on 12:12 - Nov 26 by BlueandTruesince82

I'll take that. It's very good compared to the national average!

The definition being those people who watch I'm a Celebrity, of course.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Should Town change their manager? on 16:08 - Nov 26 with 1568 viewsKeaneish

Phil, if you get enough data, please present this stat to PL as a vote of no confidence from the fans and remind him predecessors like Jewell and McCarthy had the dignity to resign.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Should Town change their manager? on 16:16 - Nov 26 with 1537 viewshype313

Should Town change their manager? on 16:08 - Nov 26 by Keaneish

Phil, if you get enough data, please present this stat to PL as a vote of no confidence from the fans and remind him predecessors like Jewell and McCarthy had the dignity to resign.

A the moment it's quite the damming verdict from the TWTD gang. And looking at other ITFC social media outlets, it looks like the same consensus across the board.

If he's lost the fans, then I can't see how his job is tenable.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Should Town change their manager? on 16:40 - Nov 26 with 1483 viewsdickie

Would we be able to afford to pay him off?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024