Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Banhammer! 17:17 - Nov 28 with 31458 viewsTrequartista

What prompted this?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Banhammer! on 22:17 - Nov 28 with 2314 viewsBLUEBEAT

this is fcking mental lols

club is a laughing stock

messing with TWTD, which is essentially the true soul of ITFC these days

fcking hell, lol

Poll: W or W

Banhammer! on 22:18 - Nov 28 with 2306 viewscatch74

Banhammer! on 21:39 - Nov 28 by pointofblue

Credit to the club - this has distracted from the performances over the last week and longer!

But it's farcical as well. Phil and Gav police the forum as best they can but sometimes things get through; to get a strop on over it is hardly worth the aggravation and isolating a true Town supporter to boot.

Just to add, the person who posted the team, no doubt in good faith, could be feeling pretty rotten tonight. All I'll say is it's not their fault that in the usual classless, disrespectful way the club completely over-reacted.

There have been a number of different posters with inside info of the team. One today - which was removed straight away. If it’s accessible to them then why not post it, no one should feel bad and Phil certainly shouldn’t, he polices when necessary on here.
The problem for the club is they’ve made a huge issue of it by banning Phil and yet clearly haven’t made that apparent to whoever gets the team and passes it on. Whoever is leaking the team mustn’t respect those in charge at the club- that’s a big issue.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Banhammer! on 22:22 - Nov 28 with 2281 viewsStokieBlue

Banhammer! on 17:25 - Nov 28 by PhilTWTD

It is true that PL has banned me from press conferences. I've been hoping the matter would be resolved before it became public, although I think it has been mentioned a few times here and there.

Contrary to suggestions in an earlier thread, it's nothing I've written but because someone posted the team for the Lincoln game on here on the morning of the match.

This was reported to the management, Stuart Taylor spoke to me about it after the game, then a few days later at the Gillingham match I was told Paul Lambert had banned me. I've had a few chats with people at the club since then but the situation is currently unchanged.

While I have sympathy for PL not being happy with the team being posted - I am aware that managers don't like their teams being leaked and have asked posters not to do so previously - I'm not sure how I can be seen as culpable for user content, particularly when it wasn't brought to my attention when it was first noticed. I did subsequently PM the poster involved who apologised to both me and the club, which I relayed.

We have been able to use the material from press conferences even if I’ve not been present and I've been grateful for the support of the other members of the local media. Hopefully the matter will be resolved sooner rather than later.

Like many, you're on the right side of history here. Hopefully the club will come to their senses and reverse the decision, unlikely with our current twot in charge but fingers crossed.

At this level it's a worry that we care about our team being announced. Announce it days before, we should be good enough and confident enough that it doesn't matter.

It's all just an excuse to avoid the awkward questions and a shameful episode in our club. I wanted to say great club but nowadays I'm a lot less sure.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Banhammer! on 22:27 - Nov 28 with 2247 viewsitfcjoe

Banhammer! on 22:18 - Nov 28 by catch74

There have been a number of different posters with inside info of the team. One today - which was removed straight away. If it’s accessible to them then why not post it, no one should feel bad and Phil certainly shouldn’t, he polices when necessary on here.
The problem for the club is they’ve made a huge issue of it by banning Phil and yet clearly haven’t made that apparent to whoever gets the team and passes it on. Whoever is leaking the team mustn’t respect those in charge at the club- that’s a big issue.

Also, so many people know the team before it comes out - I used to get it often from a former reserve players Mum who never got close to the 1st team. It's not a state secret

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Banhammer! on 22:28 - Nov 28 with 2228 viewsRKD

Banhammer! on 22:09 - Nov 28 by NewcyBlue

Glad to hear it mate. You keeping well?

Yeah I'm alright thanks mate, you?

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Banhammer! on 22:29 - Nov 28 with 2215 viewscatch74

Banhammer! on 22:27 - Nov 28 by itfcjoe

Also, so many people know the team before it comes out - I used to get it often from a former reserve players Mum who never got close to the 1st team. It's not a state secret

Well that makes it even more ludicrous, I imagined it was a select few.

Banhammer! on 22:31 - Nov 28 with 2210 viewsRKD

Precisely.

It's no different to somebody posting it on Twitter, it's just a different platform. Maybe we should all post fake starting XIs in a Spartacus move to help Lambert keep his shop in order...

Banhammer! on 22:33 - Nov 28 with 2189 viewsWD19

I dare say that players mum would probably get a game nowadays.....
Login to get fewer ads

Banhammer! on 22:39 - Nov 28 with 2159 viewscatch74

Banhammer! on 22:31 - Nov 28 by RKD

Precisely.

It's no different to somebody posting it on Twitter, it's just a different platform. Maybe we should all post fake starting XIs in a Spartacus move to help Lambert keep his shop in order...

Good idea - he needs all the help he can get.
Good to see you back btw.

Banhammer! on 22:39 - Nov 28 with 2149 viewsfooters

Banhammer! on 22:31 - Nov 28 by RKD

Precisely.

Welcome back, RKD. Good to see you :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Banhammer! on 22:40 - Nov 28 with 2141 viewsJ2BLUE

Banhammer! on 22:29 - Nov 28 by catch74

Well that makes it even more ludicrous, I imagined it was a select few.

Blackadder's voice is ringing in my head: "just myself and the rest of the English speaking world is to know"

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Banhammer! on 22:42 - Nov 28 with 2129 viewscatch74

Banhammer! on 22:40 - Nov 28 by J2BLUE

Blackadder's voice is ringing in my head: "just myself and the rest of the English speaking world is to know"

Was on BBC1 tonight!

Banhammer! on 22:43 - Nov 28 with 2113 viewsNthQldITFC

Ooh-er missus!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Banhammer! on 22:44 - Nov 28 with 2111 viewsRKD

Banhammer! on 22:39 - Nov 28 by footers

Welcome back, RKD. Good to see you :)

Cheers mate. Crept back in a couple of months ago but have been on the DL.

Came out of the woodwork tonight in outrage.

Banhammer! on 22:44 - Nov 28 with 2104 viewsRKD

Banhammer! on 22:39 - Nov 28 by catch74

Good idea - he needs all the help he can get.
Good to see you back btw.

Cheers mate, hope all is well.

Banhammer! on 22:48 - Nov 28 with 2071 viewscatch74

Banhammer! on 22:44 - Nov 28 by RKD

Cheers mate, hope all is well.

As you will understand, tricky times in the pub trade but we’re going to get through - more food here so less damage with the tiers.

Banhammer! on 22:55 - Nov 28 with 2037 viewsSitfcB

It’s always happened. Whether that be full line ups and/or one or two players, like today.

Lambert is obviously butt-hurt that not every is such a secret like he thinks it is and is looking for someone to blame.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Banhammer! on 22:58 - Nov 28 with 2021 viewsLamp

Banhammer! on 20:07 - Nov 28 by GodBlue

Phil, this is ridiculous and utterly unacceptable from the club. Whether PL is having a sulk or not, his actions are the clubs actions and I find them totally pathetic.

Lambert needs to look FAR closer to home if his teams are getting leaked... rather than blaming the owner of the vehicle they’re being leaked from!

But, putting the moronic, petty childishness of that dimwitted buffoon aside, the fact that the club have seemingly backed Lambert in this matter makes it ten times worse. It just shows how utterly hollow and meaningless their words about family and community really are!

Above all else, I hope you’re ok. I’m sure it’s upsetting and a cause of anxiety for you... but please know that you don’t have to go through it alone. I’m sure everyone else is saying the same, but we’re here for you and you don’t have to suffer alone.

Chin up old chap. x

Exactly this.

It beggars belief that the senior leadership within ITFC didn't reverse this decision before it became public. They are equally culpable in my eyes and should be held to account after Lambert is inevitably sacked.
Banhammer! on 23:03 - Nov 28 with 1997 viewsdirtyboy

Beggars belief reading this.

If a team is leaked then it smacks of lack of respect from within.

Teams don’t s*** on themselves unless they really don’t like where they are and subsequently ‘don’t really care’

This needs to be turned around TWTD has been a favourite place in the Internet for a great number of us ITFC fans for a long time and represents the fans very well...not a place to create upset and discord.

In an era where we’re doing enough wrong, this own goal is more unhelpful.

Phil, you have my support.
Banhammer! on 23:49 - Nov 28 with 1884 viewsGeomorph

Banhammer! on 23:03 - Nov 28 by dirtyboy

Beggars belief reading this.

If a team is leaked then it smacks of lack of respect from within.

Teams don’t s*** on themselves unless they really don’t like where they are and subsequently ‘don’t really care’

This needs to be turned around TWTD has been a favourite place in the Internet for a great number of us ITFC fans for a long time and represents the fans very well...not a place to create upset and discord.

In an era where we’re doing enough wrong, this own goal is more unhelpful.

Phil, you have my support.

This has also brought me out of the woodwork after a few years... hope you are ok Phil. The club seems to be rotting from the core. No pennies will be spent from Cumbria on Xmas gifts etc till this is sorted...
Banhammer! on 23:50 - Nov 28 with 1880 viewsreusersfreekicks

What else to say thst hasn't been said. Phil is the leader of the last of men, dwarves and elves from middle Suffolk up against Sauron and his Orks at Portman Road. He will win through. Though getting Liv Tyler in the bargain maybe a stretch!
Banhammer! on 00:16 - Nov 29 with 1818 viewsVeronaBlue

If it is driven by Lambert, probably just doing things to push himself out the door as he wants out. Evans would probably keep him until next season otherwise.
Banhammer! on 01:57 - Nov 29 with 1733 viewspointofblue

Banhammer! on 22:40 - Nov 28 by J2BLUE

I'm thinking of Dumbledore from Harry Potter: "It's meant to be a secret so naturally the whole school [town] knows."

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Banhammer! on 08:04 - Nov 29 with 1613 viewsPJH

Banhammer! on 22:43 - Nov 28 by NthQldITFC

Ooh-er missus!

I was going to suggest that Joe rephrases his post a little bit.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 8:05]
Banhammer! on 08:14 - Nov 29 with 1593 viewsNewcyBlue

Banhammer! on 22:28 - Nov 28 by RKD

Yeah I'm alright thanks mate, you?

Surviving!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024