Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Banhammer! 17:17 - Nov 28 with 31433 viewsTrequartista

What prompted this?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Banhammer! on 18:22 - Nov 28 with 2961 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Banhammer! on 18:12 - Nov 28 by footers

FREE THE BABY-HEADED ASSASSIN!

There's Blue Action's new banner right there!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Banhammer! on 18:23 - Nov 28 with 2961 viewseireblue

Banhammer! on 17:39 - Nov 28 by DanTheMan

Lets get this going, silly PR stuff like this generally works.

I was thinking of holding off for a bit.

Maybe Phil would like a rest from trying to keep a straight face, not rolling his eyes, and holding back a FFS when PL mentions playing in Germany, again.

But we don’t get a rest from following ITFC, so sorry Phil, sent my email to the club to get you back in, and having to keep taking it for the TWTD collective.
Banhammer! on 18:25 - Nov 28 with 2929 viewsTheBoyBlue

Banhammer! on 17:25 - Nov 28 by PhilTWTD

It is true that PL has banned me from press conferences. I've been hoping the matter would be resolved before it became public, although I think it has been mentioned a few times here and there.

Contrary to suggestions in an earlier thread, it's nothing I've written but because someone posted the team for the Lincoln game on here on the morning of the match.

This was reported to the management, Stuart Taylor spoke to me about it after the game, then a few days later at the Gillingham match I was told Paul Lambert had banned me. I've had a few chats with people at the club since then but the situation is currently unchanged.

While I have sympathy for PL not being happy with the team being posted - I am aware that managers don't like their teams being leaked and have asked posters not to do so previously - I'm not sure how I can be seen as culpable for user content, particularly when it wasn't brought to my attention when it was first noticed. I did subsequently PM the poster involved who apologised to both me and the club, which I relayed.

We have been able to use the material from press conferences even if I’ve not been present and I've been grateful for the support of the other members of the local media. Hopefully the matter will be resolved sooner rather than later.

I'm beginning to know how many Americans have felt for the last four years. It's disturbingly Trumpesque.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Banhammer! on 18:28 - Nov 28 with 2881 viewsWicklowBlue

Absolutely disgusting behaviour, PRP showing his true colours, fück!ng w@nker get out of our club!!!! What right do you have to treat one of our own like this.
Banhammer! on 18:29 - Nov 28 with 2864 viewsjonbull88

Banhammer! on 17:28 - Nov 28 by BlueBlueBluex2

Sitting in a press conference room and regurgitating sound bites to your website amongst tons of ads hardly makes you a journalist, however a ban of anyone previously allowed is a bit harsh.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 17:28]

Please disappear and take Paul lambert with you.
Banhammer! on 18:34 - Nov 28 with 2823 viewsghostofescobar

It is true that PL has banned me from press conferences. I've been hoping the matter would be resolved before it became public, although I think it has been mentioned a few times here and there.

Contrary to suggestions in an earlier thread, it's nothing I've written but because someone posted the team for the Lincoln game on here on the morning of the match.

This was reported to the management, Stuart Taylor spoke to me about it after the game, then a few days later at the Gillingham match I was told Paul Lambert had banned me. I've had a few chats with people at the club since then but the situation is currently unchanged.

While I have sympathy for PL not being happy with the team being posted - I am aware that managers don't like their teams being leaked and have asked posters not to do so previously - I'm not sure how I can be seen as culpable for user content, particularly when it wasn't brought to my attention when it was first noticed. I did subsequently PM the poster involved who apologised to both me and the club, which I relayed.

We have been able to use the material from press conferences even if I’ve not been present and I've been grateful for the support of the other members of the local media. Hopefully the matter will be resolved sooner rather than later.

Unbelievable. Quickest way to alienate any fans still clinging to this clown Lambert. Has he not heard of the phrase “don’t shoot the messenger”?

GhostOfEscobar

Banhammer! on 18:43 - Nov 28 with 2744 viewsN2_Blue

Anyone think Lambert might have done this deliberately to try and force Evans hand into getting sacked and a pay off.

Anyone with a brain cell with know this would quickly alienate the fans.

The whole thing is crazy, firstly if someone managed to post the team, it came from the dressing room, i.e. one of Lambert's players, who he has clearly lost...and then if a fan then posts what they heard from said source on TWTD, how is that Phil's fault...especially when he did everything to resolve situation and speak apologetically to the club.

It's utterly farcical and shows up Lambert for what he is, notwithstanding the fact that he is a shocking football manager.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Banhammer! on 18:47 - Nov 28 with 2711 viewsSpruceMoose

Banhammer! on 17:28 - Nov 28 by HalifaxBlue

So to be clear, this decision came from Lambert himself?

Sounds like he didn't have the nuts to tell Phil himself though (by the way Phil told us how it went down)

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Banhammer! on 18:50 - Nov 28 with 2685 viewsnorth_stand77

Can't believe our once very proud club has stooped so low.

I've been going to matches for 54 years , Home, Away and Abroad and this is absolutely disgusting behaviour from the club.

I'm so angry. How dare Lambert bring OUR CLUB down to this level, the sooner he's gone the better.

In comparison the wonderful Sir Bobby Robson would be appalled with the way the club has fallen.

Enough is enough Evans, get rid and sort this mess out.
Without the fans you have no club.

And apologise to Phil while you're at it!
Banhammer! on 19:12 - Nov 28 with 2565 viewsRKD

Very dignified response, Phil. Not that we would have expected anything less. Really bizarre how this has happened, and makes us look a bit tinpot really.

You were at press conferences long before Paul Lambert and you will be there long after him too, hopefully not too long in the future.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Banhammer! on 19:14 - Nov 28 with 2530 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Banhammer! on 17:24 - Nov 28 by Funge

Funnily enough, despite almost every single thing about the club being totally, totally sh1t at present, this makes me angriest of all.

Phil is a legend; pretty much in every sense of the word.

Lambert, you horrible, fake, coward of a clown, you grotty, inept, arrogant failure, you overpaid, underwhelming, pyramid of cat-sh1t - get the fck out of what's left of my football club.

Lambert Out.

Absolutely disgraceful. Avoided TWTD tonight as, quite frankly, the game made me feel miserable. I’m almost past the angry stage with them.

But to come on tonight and see they’ve banned Phil and Gav. Absolutely f**king disgraceful.

Lambert you’re a disgrace. Evans you’re a disgrace. Anyone else involved with such a cowardly decision, you’re a disgrace too.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Banhammer! on 19:15 - Nov 28 with 2505 viewswkj

Banhammer! on 19:14 - Nov 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Absolutely disgraceful. Avoided TWTD tonight as, quite frankly, the game made me feel miserable. I’m almost past the angry stage with them.

But to come on tonight and see they’ve banned Phil and Gav. Absolutely f**king disgraceful.

Lambert you’re a disgrace. Evans you’re a disgrace. Anyone else involved with such a cowardly decision, you’re a disgrace too.

In all honestly I have forgotten about the game after hearing about this.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Banhammer! on 19:17 - Nov 28 with 2489 viewsSpruceMoose

Banhammer! on 19:15 - Nov 28 by wkj

The more we lose the closer we come to getting shot of Lambert and pampering over some more cracks. Disgusting way to think eh?

What a time to be alive.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Banhammer! on 19:28 - Nov 28 with 2406 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Banhammer! on 19:15 - Nov 28 by wkj

The game and result itself seems irrelevant after hearing this.

The club is dying. Decisions like this are not what Ipswich is about. That’s not the football club I want to be associated with, even as a fan.

Banhammer! on 19:29 - Nov 28 with 2393 viewsjaykay

well that's the last penny this club is getting from me. well 10 of us , in my family alone. that's not including my 2 brothers and their families. until this fraud is given his P45.
looks like i will have to include phil in my signature now. it worked for young footers and callis ,getting them a pardon.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Banhammer! on 19:29 - Nov 28 with 2387 viewsSpruceMoose

Banhammer! on 19:28 - Nov 28 by The_Romford_Blue

The game and result itself seems irrelevant after hearing this.

The club is dying. Decisions like this are not what Ipswich is about. That’s not the football club I want to be associated with, even as a fan.

I'm weighing up whether today has killed it for me or not to be honest.

I'm not walking away permanently, but I'm certainly asking myself if it's worth investing my time and emotion in whatever this club is now. It's unrecognisable.

Banhammer! on 19:30 - Nov 28 with 2382 viewsfooters

Banhammer! on 19:29 - Nov 28 by jaykay

well that's the last penny this club is getting from me. well 10 of us , in my family alone. that's not including my 2 brothers and their families. until this fraud is given his P45.
looks like i will have to include phil in my signature now. it worked for young footers and callis ,getting them a pardon.

Your campaign worked last time and it shall work again!

#freethebaldy

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Banhammer! on 19:33 - Nov 28 with 2337 viewswkj

TWTD is as much as my town supporting memories as ITFC is itself. Sorted out coach travel on here, got shirts delivered when I was in the states and international delivery wasn't a standard option, saw us raised tens of thousands of pounds. This is very dark times.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Banhammer! on 19:34 - Nov 28 with 2326 viewsjeera

Banhammer! on 19:29 - Nov 28 by jaykay

You need to include a 'Lambert Out' and maybe even a 'Dyer In' in your signature for it to be complete!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Banhammer! on 19:36 - Nov 28 with 2270 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Banhammer! on 19:17 - Nov 28 by SpruceMoose

The more we lose the closer we come to getting shot of Lambert and pampering over some more cracks. Disgusting way to think eh?

What a time to be alive.

We don't even try to paper over the cracks any more? Using nappies instead!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Banhammer! on 19:39 - Nov 28 with 2235 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Banhammer! on 19:29 - Nov 28 by SpruceMoose

I'm weighing up whether today has killed it for me or not to be honest.

I'm not walking away permanently, but I'm certainly asking myself if it's worth investing my time and emotion in whatever this club is now. It's unrecognisable.

I just emailed O Neill.

Title - Cowards

‘If the recent attitude, results and performances wasn’t bad enough in recent weeks, today is the final straw. Hearing Phil Ham has been banned from Press Conferences is an absolute disgrace of a decision. It’s a decision based on cowardice and spite.

It isn’t the decision of the Ipswich Town I’ve come to know and love. That’s not a decision from the club I support. It’s not a decision a season ticket holder and dedicated fan like myself will allow myself to continue. I’ll be cancelling my season ticket on Monday. Paul Lambert, Marcus Evans and anyone associated with such a decision ought to be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Sincerely,
A very disappointed and disgusted fan.’

Banhammer! on 19:45 - Nov 28 with 2167 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Banhammer! on 19:39 - Nov 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I just emailed O Neill.

Title - Cowards

‘If the recent attitude, results and performances wasn’t bad enough in recent weeks, today is the final straw. Hearing Phil Ham has been banned from Press Conferences is an absolute disgrace of a decision. It’s a decision based on cowardice and spite.

It isn’t the decision of the Ipswich Town I’ve come to know and love. That’s not a decision from the club I support. It’s not a decision a season ticket holder and dedicated fan like myself will allow myself to continue. I’ll be cancelling my season ticket on Monday. Paul Lambert, Marcus Evans and anyone associated with such a decision ought to be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Sincerely,
A very disappointed and disgusted fan.’

Brilliant Rommers. I'll be doing similar.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Banhammer! on 20:07 - Nov 28 with 2083 viewsGodBlue

Phil, this is ridiculous and utterly unacceptable from the club. Whether PL is having a sulk or not, his actions are the clubs actions and I find them totally pathetic.

Lambert needs to look FAR closer to home if his teams are getting leaked... rather than blaming the owner of the vehicle they’re being leaked from!

But, putting the moronic, petty childishness of that dimwitted buffoon aside, the fact that the club have seemingly backed Lambert in this matter makes it ten times worse. It just shows how utterly hollow and meaningless their words about family and community really are!

Above all else, I hope you’re ok. I’m sure it’s upsetting and a cause of anxiety for you... but please know that you don’t have to go through it alone. I’m sure everyone else is saying the same, but we’re here for you and you don’t have to suffer alone.

Chin up old chap. x

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Banhammer! on 20:09 - Nov 28 with 2048 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Banhammer! on 20:07 - Nov 28 by GodBlue

Phil, this is ridiculous and utterly unacceptable from the club. Whether PL is having a sulk or not, his actions are the clubs actions and I find them totally pathetic.

Lambert needs to look FAR closer to home if his teams are getting leaked... rather than blaming the owner of the vehicle they’re being leaked from!

But, putting the moronic, petty childishness of that dimwitted buffoon aside, the fact that the club have seemingly backed Lambert in this matter makes it ten times worse. It just shows how utterly hollow and meaningless their words about family and community really are!

Above all else, I hope you’re ok. I’m sure it’s upsetting and a cause of anxiety for you... but please know that you don’t have to go through it alone. I’m sure everyone else is saying the same, but we’re here for you and you don’t have to suffer alone.

Chin up old chap. x

That’s an excellent post. Very much agree with all of what you’ve said.

Banhammer! on 20:13 - Nov 28 with 2024 viewslordsambuca

I have also emailed the club. Never felt the need to before, but this is the final straw

50 years of supporting and I can never recall feeling so low.

Is there any way I can remove my cardboard cut out in protest? (I assume they might be removed now with limited nos of supporters now allowed back in)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024