Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Banhammer! 17:17 - Nov 28 with 31442 viewsTrequartista

What prompted this?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Banhammer! on 20:15 - Nov 28 with 3331 viewsMelford

https://imgflip.com/i/4o6eo1

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Banhammer! on 20:16 - Nov 28 with 3313 viewsfooters

Banhammer! on 20:15 - Nov 28 by Melford

https://imgflip.com/i/4o6eo1

Nearly, Mellers!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Banhammer! on 20:19 - Nov 28 with 3272 viewswkj

Banhammer! on 20:16 - Nov 28 by footers

Nearly, Mellers!

He hasn't aged a day since being on Eastenders

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Banhammer! on 20:20 - Nov 28 with 3257 viewsghostofescobar

Time to put any differences on this board to one side and unite behind Phil. I’ve emailed O’Neill to express my absolute disgust. Keep emailing, Tweeting, whatever, just let the club be in no doubt that this is wrong.

GhostOfEscobar

Banhammer! on 20:23 - Nov 28 with 3229 viewsMrTown

Banhammer! on 20:20 - Nov 28 by ghostofescobar

Time to put any differences on this board to one side and unite behind Phil. I’ve emailed O’Neill to express my absolute disgust. Keep emailing, Tweeting, whatever, just let the club be in no doubt that this is wrong.

Second that.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Banhammer! on 20:46 - Nov 28 with 3126 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Banhammer! on 17:25 - Nov 28 by PhilTWTD

It is true that PL has banned me from press conferences. I've been hoping the matter would be resolved before it became public, although I think it has been mentioned a few times here and there.

Contrary to suggestions in an earlier thread, it's nothing I've written but because someone posted the team for the Lincoln game on here on the morning of the match.

This was reported to the management, Stuart Taylor spoke to me about it after the game, then a few days later at the Gillingham match I was told Paul Lambert had banned me. I've had a few chats with people at the club since then but the situation is currently unchanged.

While I have sympathy for PL not being happy with the team being posted - I am aware that managers don't like their teams being leaked and have asked posters not to do so previously - I'm not sure how I can be seen as culpable for user content, particularly when it wasn't brought to my attention when it was first noticed. I did subsequently PM the poster involved who apologised to both me and the club, which I relayed.

We have been able to use the material from press conferences even if I’ve not been present and I've been grateful for the support of the other members of the local media. Hopefully the matter will be resolved sooner rather than later.

Wonder what Stuart Watson and Andy Warren make of all this, sat at home reading the tweets etc. They’ve been relatively critical of some of the tactics and performances this season (by their standards) so wonder if they’ve taken much notice. Not expecting them to comment on it mind you.

Is strange though, club would never dare block / ban anyone from EADT /Ipswich Star, but TWTD can’t be too far behind in terms of coverage and engaged fans.
Banhammer! on 20:55 - Nov 28 with 3070 viewsSitfcB

Banhammer! on 17:28 - Nov 28 by BlueBlueBluex2

Sitting in a press conference room and regurgitating sound bites to your website amongst tons of ads hardly makes you a journalist, however a ban of anyone previously allowed is a bit harsh.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 17:28]

You f’king to$$er.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Banhammer! on 21:01 - Nov 28 with 3040 viewsDebsyAngel

Utterly incredible. And in the depressing year we have had already, haven't they anything more important to worry about? The terrible football, players getting crocked, covid... but THIS warrants upset from them? I expect better from the club, especially as Phil has explained what happened in a calm way - let them stew, we will all follow you. Who looks at their official site anyhow other than to buy tickets?? Good luck Phil, it's a totally petty overreaction from ITFC.
Login to get fewer ads

Banhammer! on 21:04 - Nov 28 with 3010 viewsAlanG296

Banhammer! on 20:46 - Nov 28 by Matt_Netherlands

Wonder what Stuart Watson and Andy Warren make of all this, sat at home reading the tweets etc. They’ve been relatively critical of some of the tactics and performances this season (by their standards) so wonder if they’ve taken much notice. Not expecting them to comment on it mind you.

Is strange though, club would never dare block / ban anyone from EADT /Ipswich Star, but TWTD can’t be too far behind in terms of coverage and engaged fans.

Would be good if the media boycotted Lambert and just reported on what happens at the club more than what is said by its employees but that's the nature of modern journalism. It's all about getting clicks. In Watson and Warren's case they make their living to an extent by regurgitating Lambert's drivel. I blame people like me for clicking on it. Following football was better before the internet.
Banhammer! on 21:04 - Nov 28 with 3021 viewsPhilTWTD

Banhammer! on 20:46 - Nov 28 by Matt_Netherlands

Both Stuart and Andy, as well as other journalists, have been very supportive since the start of the ban.
Banhammer! on 21:05 - Nov 28 with 2982 viewsAlanG296

Banhammer! on 21:04 - Nov 28 by PhilTWTD

Both Stuart and Andy, as well as other journalists, have been very supportive since the start of the ban.

Good to hear. They should have the guts to Boycott Lambert.
Banhammer! on 21:09 - Nov 28 with 2953 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Good to hear. Must be pretty baffling for them too as I’m sure they “get” how this site works a lot more than those at the club. A real shame that their hands are most likely tied in terms of being able to write about it it in the press. Have you posed the question to them about jd they would, or would you rather keep your head down and do your time?
Banhammer! on 21:11 - Nov 28 with 2943 viewsMelford

Banhammer! on 20:55 - Nov 28 by SitfcB

You f’king to$$er.

Thing is though, that is is exactly what makes you a journalist. Go to a press conference write up your quotes and post your story to your website that has adverts on it. How does he think he got to go to press conferences in the first place? You can't just rock up there and walk in.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Banhammer! on 21:15 - Nov 28 with 2902 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Banhammer! on 17:25 - Nov 28 by PhilTWTD

It is true that PL has banned me from press conferences. I've been hoping the matter would be resolved before it became public, although I think it has been mentioned a few times here and there.

Contrary to suggestions in an earlier thread, it's nothing I've written but because someone posted the team for the Lincoln game on here on the morning of the match.

This was reported to the management, Stuart Taylor spoke to me about it after the game, then a few days later at the Gillingham match I was told Paul Lambert had banned me. I've had a few chats with people at the club since then but the situation is currently unchanged.

While I have sympathy for PL not being happy with the team being posted - I am aware that managers don't like their teams being leaked and have asked posters not to do so previously - I'm not sure how I can be seen as culpable for user content, particularly when it wasn't brought to my attention when it was first noticed. I did subsequently PM the poster involved who apologised to both me and the club, which I relayed.

We have been able to use the material from press conferences even if I’ve not been present and I've been grateful for the support of the other members of the local media. Hopefully the matter will be resolved sooner rather than later.

Very classy response and fair play to you for keeping it on the DL for the last couple of weeks. Not much to add to what anyone else has said really, it’s a disgrace what this club has become and I’ll be joining those in emailing the club when I get a spare minute

Oh and Lambert out obviously

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Banhammer! on 21:18 - Nov 28 with 2886 viewsRKD

I did my school work experience at EADT during Stuart Watson's first week in the job, seemed like a nice bloke.

Not sure if you remember, but I leaked some inside info on here that Mel Henderson got from Magilton. We were about to sign Paul McShane on loan from Man Utd, I posted it on here and then I saw Mike Bacon scrolling through the messageboard 5 minutes later and look at me with narrowing eyes.

I got LordLucan to email you to remove it. TWTD. EDIT- Lucan said that he phoned Gav to do it.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 21:21]

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Banhammer! on 21:21 - Nov 28 with 2858 viewsPJH

Banhammer! on 21:18 - Nov 28 by RKD

I did my school work experience at EADT during Stuart Watson's first week in the job, seemed like a nice bloke.

Not sure if you remember, but I leaked some inside info on here that Mel Henderson got from Magilton. We were about to sign Paul McShane on loan from Man Utd, I posted it on here and then I saw Mike Bacon scrolling through the messageboard 5 minutes later and look at me with narrowing eyes.

I got LordLucan to email you to remove it. TWTD. EDIT- Lucan said that he phoned Gav to do it.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 21:21]

Good to see you back on here, is his Lordship well?
Banhammer! on 21:32 - Nov 28 with 2801 viewsRKD

Banhammer! on 21:21 - Nov 28 by PJH

Good to see you back on here, is his Lordship well?

Cheers mate, I always read it to be fair but rarely find the energy to post.

LL is well, just very busy I believe.

Banhammer! on 21:37 - Nov 28 with 2758 viewsNewcyBlue

Banhammer! on 21:32 - Nov 28 by RKD

Cheers mate, I always read it to be fair but rarely find the energy to post.

LL is well, just very busy I believe.

How did your month of running go?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Banhammer! on 21:39 - Nov 28 with 2748 viewspointofblue

Credit to the club - this has distracted from the performances over the last week and longer!

But it's farcical as well. Phil and Gav police the forum as best they can but sometimes things get through; to get a strop on over it is hardly worth the aggravation and isolating a true Town supporter to boot.

Just to add, the person who posted the team, no doubt in good faith, could be feeling pretty rotten tonight. All I'll say is it's not their fault that in the usual classless, disrespectful way the club completely over-reacted.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Banhammer! on 21:43 - Nov 28 with 2709 viewsSE1blue

Banhammer! on 21:39 - Nov 28 by pointofblue

Credit to the club - this has distracted from the performances over the last week and longer!

But it's farcical as well. Phil and Gav police the forum as best they can but sometimes things get through; to get a strop on over it is hardly worth the aggravation and isolating a true Town supporter to boot.

Just to add, the person who posted the team, no doubt in good faith, could be feeling pretty rotten tonight. All I'll say is it's not their fault that in the usual classless, disrespectful way the club completely over-reacted.

And to be fair, I’m sure whichever team we’re playing don’t actually worry about our team sheets, once they’ve seen who the manager is, they know they’ve got three points.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Banhammer! on 21:50 - Nov 28 with 2650 viewsRKD

Banhammer! on 21:37 - Nov 28 by NewcyBlue

How did your month of running go?

Yeah good thanks, raised a good bit of money and got myself into better shape. TWTD came up trumps once again with donations.

Banhammer! on 21:55 - Nov 28 with 2617 viewsKropotkin123

Banhammer! on 21:39 - Nov 28 by pointofblue

The person in question has apologised and there certainly shouldn't be a witch hunt.

In regards to the first line. The performances are one thing, but to attack the fanbase an its representatives... and as Mark Murphy said, one that has done so much for the community, building a community, money raised for charity, a place for people to voice their personal issues from mental health to gambling problems, list goes on. But point is, it has made me vehemently Lambert Out, rather than just wait for Evans to make finally pull the trigger in his own sweet comatose time.

Lambert's position in untenable for me. No coming back from this. He needs to get out of our club.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Banhammer! on 22:01 - Nov 28 with 2559 viewsRobTheMonk

I can only think he's had enough and is trying to get pushed out so he gets what I imagine would be a healthy payoff. What else could he be thinking banning a hugely respected member of the ITFC community from press conferences? It like pouring petrol on a fire that's already blazing.
Banhammer! on 22:04 - Nov 28 with 2516 viewsRyorry

Banhammer! on 18:43 - Nov 28 by N2_Blue

Anyone think Lambert might have done this deliberately to try and force Evans hand into getting sacked and a pay off.

Anyone with a brain cell with know this would quickly alienate the fans.

The whole thing is crazy, firstly if someone managed to post the team, it came from the dressing room, i.e. one of Lambert's players, who he has clearly lost...and then if a fan then posts what they heard from said source on TWTD, how is that Phil's fault...especially when he did everything to resolve situation and speak apologetically to the club.

It's utterly farcical and shows up Lambert for what he is, notwithstanding the fact that he is a shocking football manager.

"Anyone think Lambert might have done this deliberately to try and force Evans hand into getting sacked and a pay off."

I saw it as the other way round - Lambert must have asked ME permission to ban Phil, it's not a small thing. If ME had a grain of understanding about how football works & the fans' point of view, he could and should have stood up to PL and said "no". That way, he could have got rid of PL without having to pay him off - if he'd wanted to - cos there's no way anyone with a shred of self-respect would have stayed after losing face in a showdown like that.

The fact that ME didn't do that speaks volumes. Demonstrates his incompetence. Or maybe PL has something on ME that we're unaware of - you've always got to wonder about that 5 year contract.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Banhammer! on 22:09 - Nov 28 with 2480 viewsNewcyBlue

Banhammer! on 21:50 - Nov 28 by RKD

Yeah good thanks, raised a good bit of money and got myself into better shape. TWTD came up trumps once again with donations.

Glad to hear it mate. You keeping well?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024