Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... 12:14 - May 6 with 4575 viewsitfcjoe

.....massive profile, a very different audience, as a global superstar

I really like him too, thought his concerts in Chantry Park were brilliant for the town and like his music - a great coup by the club to get it done.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:12 - May 6 with 1332 viewsKeaneish

Another step in a positive direction; we’ve had many in the last 6-weeks.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:13 - May 6 with 1331 viewsMeadowlark

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 12:18 - May 6 by wkj

Always friendly in the Dennington pub on the odd occasions he visits it these days.

Is that still a pub? Can you just pop in for a pint, or is it more like a restaurant these days?
Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:16 - May 6 with 1311 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 12:56 - May 6 by C_Jam_Blue

Great news and after the likes of Fisons, E-ON, Powergen and Magical Vegas, a significant upgrade. I was always happy with Greene King on the shirt though. Appropriate if you had a bit of a belly.

Don't be knocking the Fisons... Every Ipswich shirts should say Fisons.... proper sponsor that. Them and Pioneer

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:18 - May 6 with 1294 viewsBlueBadger

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:16 - May 6 by BlueandTruesince82

Don't be knocking the Fisons... Every Ipswich shirts should say Fisons.... proper sponsor that. Them and Pioneer

It was a bit unfortunate that for a fair chunk of the time we were sponsored by a fertilisier company that the team was utter sh1t though.

(Although, the 94/95) team would wipe the floor with our current shower.
[Post edited 6 May 2021 15:23]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:18 - May 6 with 1295 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 12:18 - May 6 by Sikamikanico

It does feel like a good fit. Its a local connection with a global reach.

Its considerably better than an online gambling company.

It certainly is a lot better than a gambling company, however his music is terrible.
Let's hope the team next season is easier on the eye than Ed is on the ear.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:27 - May 6 with 1263 viewshoppy

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:18 - May 6 by BlueBadger

It was a bit unfortunate that for a fair chunk of the time we were sponsored by a fertilisier company that the team was utter sh1t though.

(Although, the 94/95) team would wipe the floor with our current shower.
[Post edited 6 May 2021 15:23]

The Portman Road pitch looked in arguably FAR better condition when we were sponsored by Greene King than when we were sponsored by Fisons... I don't know what we can deduce from that?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:27 - May 6 with 1264 viewschrismakin

Could there be anyway we could take part of his tour proceeds? just wandered if it could work that way round? and maybe its even more lucrative rather than a donation of immediate funds.....

I saw his last tour was $775 Million

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:30 - May 6 with 1252 viewsclive_baker

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:12 - May 6 by Keaneish

Another step in a positive direction; we’ve had many in the last 6-weeks.

All that's missing is XI blokes on a Saturday afternoon that aren't absolutely dog sh1t to watch play football

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:39 - May 6 with 1217 viewshoppy

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:30 - May 6 by clive_baker

All that's missing is XI blokes on a Saturday afternoon that aren't absolutely dog sh1t to watch play football

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 14:15 - May 6 with 1145 viewsN2_Blue

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 12:30 - May 6 by JackSted

If you type "Ipswich Town" in Twitter search and click on latest tweets, the whole world is talking about it. Dozens of tweets every minute from all over the globe. We've probably had more coverage in the last hour than the last month.

Hopefully this is only the start

Indeed.

It's such a shame we are a bit sh*t right now as this could give us such an increased profile with his reach but many will look us up, see our current status and think...meh!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 15:15 - May 6 with 1089 viewswkj

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:13 - May 6 by Meadowlark

Is that still a pub? Can you just pop in for a pint, or is it more like a restaurant these days?

It still has its regulars and you can still have a few there - but it is mostly geared toward food these days.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 17:10 - May 6 with 1026 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 17:25 - May 6 with 996 viewsSpruceMoose

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 17:10 - May 6 by BryanPlug

Hard to tell when you're playing at being a nutter.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 17:30 - May 6 with 985 viewsStokieBlue

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:27 - May 6 by chrismakin

Could there be anyway we could take part of his tour proceeds? just wandered if it could work that way round? and maybe its even more lucrative rather than a donation of immediate funds.....

I saw his last tour was $775 Million

I'm sure if you think about that a bit more you'll be able to reach your own conclusion on whether we will be getting any of his tour proceeds?

Conversely, I don't expect him to be getting of our gate receipts.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 17:33 - May 6 with 975 viewschrismakin

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 17:30 - May 6 by StokieBlue

I'm sure if you think about that a bit more you'll be able to reach your own conclusion on whether we will be getting any of his tour proceeds?

Conversely, I don't expect him to be getting of our gate receipts.

SB

I don't see any sponsors of any clubs getting any gate receipts no

But some sponsors do give back to the clubs they sponsor, so it was a fair question.

I know one that gave out vouchers at home games and donated a % of proceeds that came via the useage of the vouchers.

CM

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 17:39 - May 6 with 966 viewsSuperCoops

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 17:25 - May 6 by SpruceMoose

Hard to tell when you're playing at being a nutter.

He's not playing at anything, he's just being himself this time.
Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 18:00 - May 6 with 919 viewsSamWhiteUK

James Norwood on BBC Newsbeat on R1
Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 18:20 - May 6 with 899 viewsStokieBlue

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 17:33 - May 6 by chrismakin

I don't see any sponsors of any clubs getting any gate receipts no

But some sponsors do give back to the clubs they sponsor, so it was a fair question.

I know one that gave out vouchers at home games and donated a % of proceeds that came via the useage of the vouchers.

CM

I think you're over-analysing things again.

There is absolutely no way that the sponsorship deal includes anything directly from his tour income.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Totally this on 18:37 - May 6 with 884 viewsDyland

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 12:18 - May 6 by SomethingBlue

Yep, hopefully just the start of ITFC making the most of the connections and advantages that — contrary to the way many people have tended to think — the club and town do have.

Ipswich and Suffolk generally are fooking great, even the sh1t stuff. There is a very old soul duality about Ipswich.

There's the usual ooh noo boi moaning about this and that, and that is part of what makes our town and club fooking great.

Connection between town and club is paramount, and I think the new owners get that. Yes, it's a business, yes, they are here to monetise the connection. Get on board or stop following pro football. It has been this way for three decades. It's what it is, buh.

MIGA

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 18:42 - May 6 with 856 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:16 - May 6 by BlueandTruesince82

Maybe that logo from Ed Sheeran is some form of secret code for Fisons, a throwback to his early town supporting days.
Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 18:53 - May 6 with 836 viewsPinewoodblue

Hopefully his logo will appear on a decent shirt and the club can benefit from extra sales.

Adidas will be pleased.

We may even see The club selling Ed related gear via club shop and online.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 18:54 - May 6 with 836 viewsstonojnr

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 12:47 - May 6 by BryanPlug

yep problem is will our weird kit deal with Adidas, struck when we were trying not to lose money on low sales of kit that weve had till now come back to haunt us if we cant change it.
Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 19:12 - May 6 with 795 viewsGeoffSentence

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 12:47 - May 6 by BryanPlug

"the sum paid for the sponsorship was 'significant'"

But yeah, shirt sales will be a magnitude above what we would normally sell.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 19:25 - May 6 with 776 viewsvapour_trail

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 12:30 - May 6 by JackSted

If you type "Ipswich Town" in Twitter search and click on latest tweets, the whole world is talking about it. Dozens of tweets every minute from all over the globe. We've probably had more coverage in the last hour than the last month.

Hopefully this is only the start

This is the most coverage I recall us getting since we appointed Roy Keane as manager.

Reckon Sheeran would have been a better appointment then as well.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 19:26 - May 6 with 776 viewsDubtractor

Absolutely love that sponsorship news...... on 13:27 - May 6 by hoppy

The Portman Road pitch looked in arguably FAR better condition when we were sponsored by Greene King than when we were sponsored by Fisons... I don't know what we can deduce from that?

Wouldn't be hard for green King, and especially Abbot Ale to be better as a fertiliser than a drink.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024