Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC 17:55 - Dec 16 with 4608 viewsSomethingBlue

McKenna and the people he is bringing are really, really top-notch coaches, don't worry about that, really well rated at the top of the game. The level is really high, a real step up on anything I can remember. Question in the long term will be how they are served by other departments of the club, particularly recruitment-wise I'd say. Very high ceiling to this if it goes well but it's a very new world now and the risks are inescapable.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 17:56]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 17:57 - Dec 16 with 3756 viewsBlueBadger

If he can't properly fold and hang up the team's shirts he'll be a poor replacement for Craners.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 18:05]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 17:57 - Dec 16 with 3740 viewsSitfcB

If he hasn’t won the league after 19 games then he’s got to go.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 17:59 - Dec 16 with 3693 viewsBlueBadger

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 17:57 - Dec 16 by SitfcB

What if he's marooned us mid table in the third division after 44 though?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:01 - Dec 16 with 3625 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Who’s he bringing? You seem to know.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:03 - Dec 16 with 3597 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Which coaches is he bringing with him?

We only know about him and Pert atm right ?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:03 - Dec 16 with 3588 viewsWD19

The recruitment bit has already been done.
It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:04 - Dec 16 with 3569 viewsbazza

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:01 - Dec 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

Who’s he bringing? You seem to know.

After fanny, the kit man and co , who cares ..
It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:04 - Dec 16 with 3582 viewsMullet

I was hoping for Barry, because of the continuity with the investment made. When a Wigan fan sang his praises in the pub I was really hoping. However, this is the approach I wanted and I can’t help but feel it’s exactly what we need.

I guess at face value it feels like when we appointed Jim, but beyond age and the coincidence they know each other it couldn’t be further from that. It’s totally alien to us ITFC lot.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:07 - Dec 16 with 3514 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:04 - Dec 16 by bazza

After fanny, the kit man and co , who cares ..

You’re ok if he brings coaches with no experience then? So long as it’s not Franny and Co?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:10 - Dec 16 with 3468 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:04 - Dec 16 by Mullet

I was hoping for Barry, because of the continuity with the investment made. When a Wigan fan sang his praises in the pub I was really hoping. However, this is the approach I wanted and I can’t help but feel it’s exactly what we need.

I guess at face value it feels like when we appointed Jim, but beyond age and the coincidence they know each other it couldn’t be further from that. It’s totally alien to us ITFC lot.

Continuity of the Cook era?

Noooo thanks.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:14 - Dec 16 with 3397 viewsbazza

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:07 - Dec 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

You’re ok if he brings coaches with no experience then? So long as it’s not Franny and Co?

The local milkman and bin man could of left us in better shape than them.
It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:17 - Dec 16 with 3332 viewsmonty_radio

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:03 - Dec 16 by TRUE_BLUE123

Which coaches is he bringing with him?

We only know about him and Pert atm right ?

What if Pert were to want his old Norwich youth team mate Craig Bellamy to join the set-up!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:19 - Dec 16 with 3309 viewsEwan_Oozami

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:17 - Dec 16 by monty_radio

What if Pert were to want his old Norwich youth team mate Craig Bellamy to join the set-up!

That would work as Bellamy and KD are good friends?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:20 - Dec 16 with 3295 viewsitfcjoe

Imagine coaching Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes on a Wednesday and Toto Nsiala on the Friday

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:22 - Dec 16 with 3249 viewspositivity

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:20 - Dec 16 by itfcjoe

Imagine coaching Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes on a Wednesday and Toto Nsiala on the Friday

my bet is that toto would listen more than ronaldo!

sadly, don't think anyone's going to be coaching toto tomorrow...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:27 - Dec 16 with 3190 viewsclive_baker

Hell of a difference between coaching and managing though. Not suggesting he can’t make the transition, I really hope he can of course and wish him well. Traditional management is as much about effectively leading and motivating people as it is technical football expertise. He’s definitely more of a head coach, rather than a traditional manager, which is clearly a route we’re keen to go down.

Fascinating to see how it plays out.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:36 - Dec 16 with 3100 viewstextbackup

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 17:57 - Dec 16 by SitfcB

Dem da rulz

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 19:30 - Dec 16 with 2765 viewsKieran_Knows

Do you know any other coaches he’s bringing? Presume one will be a GK coach?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 19:38 - Dec 16 with 2671 viewschicoazul

Yes yes yes but can he bake?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 19:45 - Dec 16 with 2549 viewsWhos_blue

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 19:38 - Dec 16 by chicoazul

What the hell is wrong with this place these days?
Has no one even considered asking the crucial question?
What's his favorite cheese?

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 19:49 - Dec 16 with 2507 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I remember a couple other luminaries of the Man U backroom being v highly regarded in the past.

Steve Mclaren
Mike Phelan

Both apparently top, top coaches.

Let's home McKenna, if it is he to who is to be anointed is not in the same mould.

If this doesn't work then next time we go foreign 100%

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 20:05 - Dec 16 with 2393 viewsGuthrum

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 19:38 - Dec 16 by chicoazul

As long as he doesn't do half-baked.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 20:17 - Dec 16 with 2280 viewsMach_foreignBlue

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:22 - Dec 16 by positivity

Some idiots will keep picking on Nsiala though tomorrow and beyond. As if he was a main culprit.
It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 20:55 - Dec 16 with 2047 viewspointofblue

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 19:49 - Dec 16 by BlueandTruesince82

I remember a couple other luminaries of the Man U backroom being v highly regarded in the past.

Steve Mclaren
Mike Phelan

Both apparently top, top coaches.

Let's home McKenna, if it is he to who is to be anointed is not in the same mould.

If this doesn't work then next time we go foreign 100%

McLaren had a 38.8 win percentage in his first managerial role and won the League Cup with Middlesbrough - that wouldn’t be the worst outcome for us with McKenna if he’s here for the same number of games (250).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 20:59 - Dec 16 with 1985 views_sanctimoanious_

It's a very high calibre of coach for ITFC on 18:22 - Dec 16 by positivity

to United as part of the deal?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024