Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... 19:22 - Aug 28 with 18070 viewsBLUEBEAT

good atmosphere
good football
good team
good morale
good crowds
good manager
good PR
good pies
good charitable contributions
good times

Poll: W or W

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 06:43 - Aug 29 with 3158 viewsKropotkin123

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:21 - Aug 28 by SpruceMoose

All true though. So more of a documentary than a drama really.

It's not though, the way we approach the game to move the ball out from the back is fundamentally different. Even the players, including our club captain who clearly got on with Mick, have freeing admitted being told the their responsibilities and approach to the game have changed.

Are we 100% effective at this at the moment? No.

But to deny the change is laughable.

It's more of a docu-drama. Elements of truth mixed with elements of drama to make the overall package seem more relevant and interesting than it actually was.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 07:28 - Aug 29 with 3123 viewsBLUEBEAT

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 06:43 - Aug 29 by Kropotkin123

It's not though, the way we approach the game to move the ball out from the back is fundamentally different. Even the players, including our club captain who clearly got on with Mick, have freeing admitted being told the their responsibilities and approach to the game have changed.

It's more of a docu-drama. Elements of truth mixed with elements of drama to make the overall package seem more relevant and interesting than it actually was.

good observation

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 07:44 - Aug 29 with 3120 viewsBlueySwede

Not this again.
I just wish people would let go of the MM debate.
Mick did a good job with his resources. Football got stale. We needed change. It was the wrong change (Hurst). We got League One football.
Just crack on with it. There is no right or wrong here. We were in a downward spiral even under Mick, why are some people so convinced he could have saved us year after year?
I do think, if we go up that is (and that is a big if), that the club is in a better place than a few years ago. Hopefully Evans have been told a few home truths from Lambert (just hope he is taking it onboard this time).
Let´s see where this ride of a season are going to take us.
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:00 - Aug 29 with 3103 viewsBluefish

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:30 - Aug 28 by BLUEBEAT

good entertainment

Think how exciting it could be if we went down to the conference or the bostik league

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:04 - Aug 29 with 3105 viewsBLUEBEAT

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 07:44 - Aug 29 by BlueySwede

Not this again.
I just wish people would let go of the MM debate.
Mick did a good job with his resources. Football got stale. We needed change. It was the wrong change (Hurst). We got League One football.
Just crack on with it. There is no right or wrong here. We were in a downward spiral even under Mick, why are some people so convinced he could have saved us year after year?
I do think, if we go up that is (and that is a big if), that the club is in a better place than a few years ago. Hopefully Evans have been told a few home truths from Lambert (just hope he is taking it onboard this time).
Let´s see where this ride of a season are going to take us.

good hope

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:04 - Aug 29 with 3104 viewsBLUEBEAT

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:00 - Aug 29 by Bluefish

Think how exciting it could be if we went down to the conference or the bostik league

good morning

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:19 - Aug 29 with 3093 viewsnoggin

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 19:25 - Aug 28 by SpruceMoose

League One football

Surely football is football. A victory is equally sweet whichever league it’s in.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:21 - Aug 29 with 3091 viewsBLUEBEAT

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:19 - Aug 29 by noggin

Surely football is football. A victory is equally sweet whichever league it’s in.

good point

Login to get fewer ads

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:24 - Aug 29 with 3086 viewsBiGDonnie

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:23 - Aug 28 by PJH

Yep, if all goes well this season we will be back where MM left us 17 months or so ago with two seasons wasted in getting back there.

Well worth wishing for.

Disagree. If we go up this season we’ll be in a much better position that we ever were under MM!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 09:03 - Aug 29 with 3066 viewsMullet

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 06:43 - Aug 29 by Kropotkin123

Lambert got us relegated doing that, abandoned it, went back to it and has stopped doing it now Holy can welly it. If that's better football than being a league above and beating teams with single players worth more than our squad then you have an incredibly warped view of it.

The irony of calling me selective....

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 09:04 - Aug 29 with 3066 viewsPJH

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 09:03 - Aug 29 by Mullet

Lambert got us relegated doing that, abandoned it, went back to it and has stopped doing it now Holy can welly it. If that's better football than being a league above and beating teams with single players worth more than our squad then you have an incredibly warped view of it.

I used to love those away wins at Derby.
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 07:29 - Aug 31 with 2986 viewsKropotkin123

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 09:03 - Aug 29 by Mullet

You are selective though. You are now trying to link people who disagree with you as having a "sky mentality"

MM was given 5 years to create a playing style and make his own team. Once sacked and the club's best players sold, you then give Lambert half a season before claiming he relegated us, and it is his low point. You don't even give him a full season to judge the type of football we play.

You completely bypass the fact a season earlier MM took us to our then lowest ebb playing **** football and raging with fans.

You insist winning is more important than being enjoyable to watch. Your enjoyment only derives from us winning or winning at a higher level than we are now. That is a 'sky mentality'... football not perfect after half a year? why not ring up and moan about it like the rest of the morons on 5Live.

We want more than hoofball. We want a manger and club that prioritised the fans. We can see we are getting that and it will take more than 9 months to role out. Particularly as we are no longer in the championship and able to attract top championship players.

We do play better football under Lambert. The intention of how we play is different. Even our club captain, who had a lot of respect for MM, freely admits this and the positive impact on how he feels when he wins in contrast.

You bang on about the loss of 'soul'. MM took that when he deliberately pitted fan against club. He was a disgrace in press conferences and on the touchline, when telling fans to **** off and name calling. This was a lower point than relegation under Lambert. Good riddance.

You blame Evans for breaks in the community. But you see Lambert forcing him to rebuild those links. ME can be influenced on off field matters, if the Manager cares about them himself. Lambert proves this.

The irony is with you, no matter how you try and spin this.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 07:44 - Aug 31 with 2974 viewstrueblue1970

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 07:29 - Aug 31 by Kropotkin123

You are selective though. You are now trying to link people who disagree with you as having a "sky mentality"

MM was given 5 years to create a playing style and make his own team. Once sacked and the club's best players sold, you then give Lambert half a season before claiming he relegated us, and it is his low point. You don't even give him a full season to judge the type of football we play.

You completely bypass the fact a season earlier MM took us to our then lowest ebb playing **** football and raging with fans.

You insist winning is more important than being enjoyable to watch. Your enjoyment only derives from us winning or winning at a higher level than we are now. That is a 'sky mentality'... football not perfect after half a year? why not ring up and moan about it like the rest of the morons on 5Live.

We want more than hoofball. We want a manger and club that prioritised the fans. We can see we are getting that and it will take more than 9 months to role out. Particularly as we are no longer in the championship and able to attract top championship players.

We do play better football under Lambert. The intention of how we play is different. Even our club captain, who had a lot of respect for MM, freely admits this and the positive impact on how he feels when he wins in contrast.

You bang on about the loss of 'soul'. MM took that when he deliberately pitted fan against club. He was a disgrace in press conferences and on the touchline, when telling fans to **** off and name calling. This was a lower point than relegation under Lambert. Good riddance.

You blame Evans for breaks in the community. But you see Lambert forcing him to rebuild those links. ME can be influenced on off field matters, if the Manager cares about them himself. Lambert proves this.

Excellent post 👍
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 07:47 - Aug 31 with 2972 viewsFPL_Tractor

Good sense of community

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 07:49 - Aug 31 with 2968 viewsBarneycurley

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 07:44 - Aug 31 by trueblue1970

Excellent post 👍

Nailed it

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:18 - Aug 31 with 2943 viewsBLUEBEAT

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 07:29 - Aug 31 by Kropotkin123

good good good!

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:25 - Aug 31 with 2939 viewsMaySixth

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 19:27 - Aug 28 by J2BLUE

I think it's important to remember that MM gave us all that to begin with. This very forum crowdfunded the man a Christmas present. Hopefully in time people will mellow in their opinions of MM.

He was a very good football manager.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:49 - Aug 31 with 2904 viewsElephantintheRoom

You will presumably be just as pleased with 3rd rate clothes, a 3rd rate car,3rd rate service and 3rd rate everything. Admittedly it would be nice to have a government that was as good as 3rd rate - but you're deluding yourself - get a grip.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:50 - Aug 31 with 2904 viewsStewart27

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 07:44 - Aug 31 by trueblue1970

Excellent post 👍

Great post.

I don’t think the town fans are deluded. I think people are genuinely happier seeing us win in league one than slogging it out in the championship putting 10 men behind the ball against Millwall at home. I think people are happier knowing that Lambert is trying to build bridges off the field - not just the PR side but by influencing ME into showing he actually cares.

I don’t think the extra few thousand that attend are a deluded bunch. I think they simply enjoy watching their team again in a non-toxic environment.
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:50 - Aug 31 with 2903 viewsMullet

I was referring specifically to the style of play point you made. Which is clearly wrong if you've watched this and last season. We never played "hoofball" under Mick, but if you must use that incorrectly, we have "hoofed" every game far more under Lambert, trying to play Norwood and Jackson in behind defences.

You think it's "better" but compared to the amount of times we took much bigger (more "expensive") teams apart under Mick it's an odd point to make.

Someone else accused me specifically of not being bothered about the "58 years" stuff during a general discussion and was wrong too.

You've then put several paragraphs in my mouth, us being relegated under Lambert is our low point. The season between these two "low points" we finished above Norwich. Constantly quoting Chambers out of context as proof is cute though, I'll give you that. No one is going to pretend the players enjoyed it during that period, he was after all the one who came out and slated those destroying Douglas' confidence etc.

For someone who accuses me of "glossing over" you're becoming quite hypocritical. This reaching to pretend that for the last 18 months we are much better off is just weird frankly. That doesn't mean there aren't things to be happy about, but you're merely demonstrating why the protests and criticisms under MM were so churlish and ill thought out.

No one ever said things nor he were perfect, but compared to anything else we've had since Royle his time here was simply far better. So were Town.

The whole point of ousting Mick was that were going backwards, we're now in Division 3 because of it/them.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:59 - Aug 31 with 2891 viewsagentp

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:17 - Aug 28 by Mullet

We're at our lowest ebb in 60 years, we've just suffered one of the most humiliating relegations on record, we sold most if not all of our decent players, we recorded about 4 wins in a calendar year, the only things on your list that weren't damaged for years to come are nothing at all to do with BCWYWF bobbins.

We've got fans now counting seats like we're Nodge and worrying about where Fleetwood is.

It's great people weren't emotionally scarred by Hurst, but this whole blackout and skipping of a year is damn close to it. Without Mick's shrewd business sense we'd not have signed anyone this summer either.

Let's not kids ourselves, this season has produced some terrible football too in keeping with last season. The whole reachy need to pretend we've got our club back when it's in the bin with the tramps and dirty nappies of the football world is weird.

Get out of the league and pretend it never happened. That's about the best scenario and use for denial all round.

This!

With all the money in the game now I would rather be scraping a result at Leeds rather than thrashing 10 kids and their goalkeeper foster dad.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 09:03 - Aug 31 with 2886 viewsBarneycurley

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:50 - Aug 31 by Mullet

I was referring specifically to the style of play point you made. Which is clearly wrong if you've watched this and last season. We never played "hoofball" under Mick, but if you must use that incorrectly, we have "hoofed" every game far more under Lambert, trying to play Norwood and Jackson in behind defences.

You think it's "better" but compared to the amount of times we took much bigger (more "expensive") teams apart under Mick it's an odd point to make.

Someone else accused me specifically of not being bothered about the "58 years" stuff during a general discussion and was wrong too.

You've then put several paragraphs in my mouth, us being relegated under Lambert is our low point. The season between these two "low points" we finished above Norwich. Constantly quoting Chambers out of context as proof is cute though, I'll give you that. No one is going to pretend the players enjoyed it during that period, he was after all the one who came out and slated those destroying Douglas' confidence etc.

For someone who accuses me of "glossing over" you're becoming quite hypocritical. This reaching to pretend that for the last 18 months we are much better off is just weird frankly. That doesn't mean there aren't things to be happy about, but you're merely demonstrating why the protests and criticisms under MM were so churlish and ill thought out.

No one ever said things nor he were perfect, but compared to anything else we've had since Royle his time here was simply far better. So were Town.

The whole point of ousting Mick was that were going backwards, we're now in Division 3 because of it/them.

Sorry but you are wrong on so many points. Love to know the examples of when we took teams apart? lol

I think you look back with Mick with the rose tinted on slightly. I remember you saying one time that it finally felt like 'getting your football club back" but that was very early in his tenure and it's no embarassment to admit the vast time under MM we were dour and he cared less and less about "The club" as time went on.

I am unsure why people can't welcome what PL is trying to build with optimism rather than cycniscim largely based on people 'not wanting to be seen to be wrong about MM'

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 09:10 - Aug 31 with 2869 viewsagentp

Let's be honest MM telling Chambers not to try to play out from the back was probably a good thing. [That was said with sarcasnm].

That Wimbledon game was Fcking dire - one of the worst games I have ever seen. It was sweetened by the last few minutes. Had those few minutes not happened i would imagine the League 1 love in would be replaced by league 1 flouncing.

I am enjoying this season too, but watching Shrewsbury run ou at FPR today isn't a reflection of where we should be. I am hating being in this sh1t league

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 09:17 - Aug 31 with 2850 viewsBluefish

How is this thread/debate still continuing? A band of absolute morons managed to spread a load of lies and rewrote history on social media to claim we something that we weren't. In time more and more latched on to the dream and took apart the club from its core. It backfired in the most spectacular way by not only going down but by finishing bottom with 2 different managers unable to do anything about it. Life has moved on, most supporters are now trying to rally and make the best of the situation. It is in everyone's interest to put that ridiculous situation from 18 months ago to bed asap.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 09:20 - Aug 31 with 2849 viewsBarneycurley

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 09:17 - Aug 31 by Bluefish

How is this thread/debate still continuing? A band of absolute morons managed to spread a load of lies and rewrote history on social media to claim we something that we weren't. In time more and more latched on to the dream and took apart the club from its core. It backfired in the most spectacular way by not only going down but by finishing bottom with 2 different managers unable to do anything about it. Life has moved on, most supporters are now trying to rally and make the best of the situation. It is in everyone's interest to put that ridiculous situation from 18 months ago to bed asap.

Made even worse by some even going back to the previous manager

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024