Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are we feeling about the nodge game? 08:49 - Apr 2 with 3168 viewsgeg1992

I must admit, until we got it back to 2-2 yesterday, I was really dreading it. With Moore potentially missing out too, even more so. However, the attitude our players showed yesterday has filled me with more confidence. I just hope we can show the same desire that we did in the second half yesterday.

With a full squad, I'm confident we'd beat them. Still not over yesterday, my ears are ringing so badly but its so worth it!

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 09:15 - Apr 2 with 2567 viewspointofblue

Still dreading it. As great as yesterday was we were very poor for the majority of the game, off the back of a poor second half at Blackburn. Plus we're without Burns and possibly Moore as well whilst Sara, Sainz and Sargent all seem to be fit and ready for them.

But admittedly I am naturally pessimistic.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 09:29 - Apr 2 with 2506 viewsurbanpenguin

Over the last few games Ipswich have not been playing as smoothly or composed as for most of the season, but still managing to get wins which is an incredibly good sign.

Norwich are not playing well - so a Budgie friend tells me - and they simply couldn't last 90 minutes in their game on Monday. Which is also a good sign.

That said, obviously a derby is somewhat unpredictable, though McKenna seems very good at keeping the squad's atmosphere calm and not letting it all get crazy in build up.

I just hope they don't try to wind up Morsey so he gets more than the usual one yellow card.
How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 09:30 - Apr 2 with 2495 viewsfarkenhell

Two wins out of two over Easter plus they were very poor -v- Leicester. Let them worry about us.
How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 09:31 - Apr 2 with 2482 viewsBent_double

At the moment, fine. That will change by Saturday morning, I'm sure.

I'm glad it's at their place, I think Noj fans, in general, will be s******g themselves looking at how relentless we are, if we go ahead early, they will get even more nervous and on the backs of their players.

It will probably be a 1-1 though.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 09:32 - Apr 2 with 2477 viewsSomethingBlue

Not too nervous *yet*. I'd like Moore to be fit, without him (which seems the likeliest scenario) we are thin down the middle and they'll have a couple of units back there in Duffy & Gibson. But whoever plays it's going to be a really blood and thunder one, too much on the line for both teams, and honestly impossible to call.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 09:47 - Apr 2 with 2380 viewsChurchman

My hope a week ago was that we’d get through the three upcoming tricky games and come out of them within three points of top spot.

We are going to do that regardless of what happens at Carrot Rd. I’m relaxed about it. Let’s go there and beat them. It’s about bl**dy time!

As for desire, this team has shown that is not in question.
How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 10:23 - Apr 2 with 2279 viewsC_Jam_Blue

I think Kieran has a couple of big calls to make after last night.

Southampton over ran us in midfield until we made our subs. Maybe need to swap Taylor for Luongo to inject some fresh energy. Possibly Hutchinson on the right and Broadhead back in the starting line up. Not quite sure about right back, would probably stick with Tuanzebe with Clarke off the bench depending on how the game is going.
How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 10:31 - Apr 2 with 2226 viewspointofblue

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 10:23 - Apr 2 by C_Jam_Blue

Southampton over ran us in midfield until we made our subs. Maybe need to swap Taylor for Luongo to inject some fresh energy. Possibly Hutchinson on the right and Broadhead back in the starting line up. Not quite sure about right back, would probably stick with Tuanzebe with Clarke off the bench depending on how the game is going.

Being away I think maybe Travis over Taylor to start with. Keep Taylor as a super sub option. Definitely think Luongo needs a break.

Sarmiento is the tough one for me. He probably deserves to start after yesterday but hasn't made the requisite impact from the off to date. Broadhead might be the better option on the left but could be required up front if Moore isn't fit. Tuanzebe or Clarke is a tough call. Perhaps the same as yesterday, where Clarke comes on in the second half.

Hladky, Tuanzebe, Davis, Woolfenden, Burgess, Morsy, Travis, Hutchinson, Chaplin, Sarmiento, Broadhead

Substitutes: Walton, Clarke, Edmundson, Luongo, Taylor, Harness, Jackson, Aluko, Al-Hamidi

Looking at that, we do lack impact players on the bench, but would perhaps replacing Hutchinson and Sarmiento with Jackson and Harness affect the starting line up too much? Having Moore available would be a boost.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 10:38 - Apr 2 with 2194 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Really pleased that I will be taking off from Luton at 12.00 Saturday and shouldn't land until its all over

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 10:57 - Apr 2 with 2115 viewsMJallday

It’s their cup final , they’ll be out for us

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 11:00 - Apr 2 with 2096 viewsSwansea_Blue

Would rather play any other team again in the league - I really don't want the distraction!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 11:03 - Apr 2 with 2070 viewsBlueBlood90

Filled with dread, as always, but also our day has to come against them and if ever there was a season for that to happen it's this one. We will need every bit of spirit that we showed yesterday and on Friday. Really hope Moore will be fit. Think that is key for us.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 11:12 - Apr 2 with 2021 viewsbluelagos

If (and it's an if) we play like we did yesterday - we'll batter them.

Of course they will be up for it - but the energy, passion, aggression, running in our side is way beyond anything Naaridge have at the moment.

So am quite upbeat tbh

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 11:40 - Apr 2 with 1936 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is nice that we will go there top of the league and finish the match top of it too.

If Moore is fit that will make me much more confident.

It is the most difficult match we have left. A win will be massive for us, just as it was yesterday. This team is very capable of getting the win but football is football and you never know. Hopefully the officials will get their job right (or if they don't it will go our way this time).

Whilst it will be great to put their "decade of dominance" behind us with a resounding win, it would also be quite laughable if they scraped a draw, we got promoted, they don't and they continued to boast of their "dominance" over us from a league below (where it all started too) ... especially if we drew them in the cup and beat them by 5 or more.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 11:41 - Apr 2 with 1924 viewsDubtractor

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 09:15 - Apr 2 by pointofblue

Still dreading it. As great as yesterday was we were very poor for the majority of the game, off the back of a poor second half at Blackburn. Plus we're without Burns and possibly Moore as well whilst Sara, Sainz and Sargent all seem to be fit and ready for them.

But admittedly I am naturally pessimistic.

"We were very poor for the majority of the game"

You're not wrong about being naturally pessimistic!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 11:49 - Apr 2 with 1887 viewsExiled2Surrey

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 11:12 - Apr 2 by bluelagos

Of course they will be up for it - but the energy, passion, aggression, running in our side is way beyond anything Naaridge have at the moment.

So am quite upbeat tbh

Agree with this.

My only concern is that they really didn't do a lot of running (or anything really) when they played Leicester so they may be marginally fresher - they were terrible, provided absolutely no challenge to the foxes whatsoever. Who knows whether they had thrown the towel in or were genuinely unable to stick with the pace, but it was not a good look. Jackson or Hutch against their LB looks an uneven contest.
How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 11:50 - Apr 2 with 1877 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 11:41 - Apr 2 by Dubtractor

From when Southampton went ahead until a little into the second half they looked comfortably in control of the game. I agree that is not the majority of it, though. Half of the match at most and much of that was while the referee fell for every time they went to ground but gave us nothing (including the foul in the area on Jackson).

I also don't buy into this "we were poor" against Blackburn (who incidentally put 5 past Sunderland at home yesterday). We gave the ball away a lot in both matches but Blackburn really didn't create much.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 11:55 - Apr 2 with 1848 viewsHerbivore

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 11:50 - Apr 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

From when Southampton went ahead until a little into the second half they looked comfortably in control of the game. I agree that is not the majority of it, though. Half of the match at most and much of that was while the referee fell for every time they went to ground but gave us nothing (including the foul in the area on Jackson).

I also don't buy into this "we were poor" against Blackburn (who incidentally put 5 past Sunderland at home yesterday). We gave the ball away a lot in both matches but Blackburn really didn't create much.

Southampton generally control long spells of all their matches, that we limited them to 30-40 minutes of controlling the game was pretty good going, especially in the context of our starting striker going off and that impacting how we played. Not having that we were very poor for the majority of the game as the other poster said, absolute nonsense.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 11:58 - Apr 2 with 1832 viewstractorboy1978

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 11:41 - Apr 2 by Dubtractor

My mate said to me yesterday that we aren't playing well recently. I had to remind him we've won 9 of our last 10!
How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 12:01 - Apr 2 with 1807 viewspatrickswell

Heart says we’ll end the winless run; head says a 2-2 draw.
How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 12:39 - Apr 2 with 1692 viewsElderGrizzly

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 10:23 - Apr 2 by C_Jam_Blue

Broadhead was 'rested' due to the virus in the camp I understood? Otherwise he would have started on the left with Omari on the right.

At RB, Tuanzabe needs to start. We need his control for the start of a derby.
How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 13:15 - Apr 2 with 1584 viewsSarge

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 11:12 - Apr 2 by bluelagos

So am quite upbeat tbh

If we play like we did from the 60th minute yes. If we play like we did up until then I'm not so sure. Norwich are a poor team, they showed it at PR and very clearly at Leicester, but that doesn't matter in derby games.
How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 13:17 - Apr 2 with 1572 viewsSomethingBlue

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 11:58 - Apr 2 by tractorboy1978

My mate said to me yesterday that we aren't playing well recently. I had to remind him we've won 9 of our last 10!

A bit like our run of "poor form" (quoting certain posters) in the autumn when we were winning pretty much every week.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 13:29 - Apr 2 with 1495 viewstextbackup

I think we win.
Just feels it’s now or never

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How are we feeling about the nodge game? on 13:36 - Apr 2 with 1448 viewsRyorry

My blood pressure was up for the first time ever in my 70-something years this morning during routine checks at (N. Yorkshire) surgery. Told the nurse I must still be literally up on a high after our 97th minute winner last night - she'd read about it on BBC website & completely got it :)

Noit sure my biological systems will be ready for another 95 mins of wild rollercoaster riding in 4 days' time ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024