Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... 10:38 - Oct 25 with 8204 viewsitfcjoe

Plymouth (a)
Wycombe (a)
Oxford (h)
Sunderland (a)
Rotherham (h)

Playing 5 of the top 6 - what do we need to come out of that with?

I'd take 9 points now, in fact I'd bite your hand off for it!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 10:39 - Oct 25 with 3307 viewsKieran_Knows

11 points. 3 wins and 2 draws.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 10:40 - Oct 25 with 3303 viewsJakeITFC

A really tough spell - feel like Wycombe and Rotherham especially will be kryptonite in terms of style for us, so then you are relying on going to Plymouth and Sunderland and outplaying them on their patch.

Would be over the moon if we manage four points from the first two, think our season would be well on track from then.
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 10:45 - Oct 25 with 3252 viewstractorboy1978

Need to keep the 2 points per game up - so 10 for me. I must say I am surprised we agreed to rearrange the Wycombe game for this Tuesday after a long trip to Plymouth.
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 10:46 - Oct 25 with 3238 viewswkj

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 10:39 - Oct 25 by Kieran_Knows

11 points. 3 wins and 2 draws.

Balls, 5 wins.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 10:49 - Oct 25 with 3207 viewsDarth_Koont

9 would be great. Around about what we need in normal circumstances from 3 away games and 2 home games but here it’s also mostly taking points off rivals.

Although I’d probably take 6+ points and a couple of statement performances. We’re still building and I don’t think anyone has faced a set of fixtures like this. But come out the other side in reasonable shape and we can be confident going forward.

Pronouns: He/Him

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 10:50 - Oct 25 with 3189 viewsHerbivore

It's a tough run but I'd like to see us be ambitious and aim for 10 points. That would send out a statement and we'd then have a lot of belief that this season could end in success. 7 points or less would be disappointing, 8 or 9 would be okay but not ideal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 10:52 - Oct 25 with 3165 viewshomer_123

9 would be the bare min I think.

10 or more would be ideal.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 10:54 - Oct 25 with 3147 viewsSomethingBlue

Massive spell for us and really hard to predict. Rather than points I'm going to say I'd be happy if we come out of that having lost only once.

The ones that bother me for very obvious reasons are (as Jake also says) Wycombe and Rotherham. I can't, hand on heart, see us faring well against either of those when they put together a 10 minute spell pinning us back and slinging balls into the box. We struggle on that front against far inferior sides. So putting one of those two away would be a significant forwards step. Quite fancy us at Plymouth actually, while Oxford/Sunderland both beatable.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 10:55 - Oct 25 with 3132 viewsStokieBlue

11 points would be great if quite optimistic.

If we could manage 3 wins and 2 draws out of that then it would be a real statement.

Perhaps hopefully, I think playing the better sides might help us. Sure we will be severely tested at the back but our 4 up top along with the 2 CM's should enjoy playing against teams that give them a chance to quickly counter or aren't just sitting back.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 10:55 - Oct 25 with 3119 viewsBlueBadger

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 10:46 - Oct 25 by wkj

Balls, 5 wins.

16 points or Cook out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:12 - Oct 25 with 3027 viewsChrisd

It's a really tough set of fixtures, but ones I am particularly interested to see how we fare against our fellow promotion rivals. If our aim is to finish in the top 6, we need results against this lot to peg them back after our sluggish start. They are going to take points off each other too, so lets not forget that. Although Plymouth have started well, I get the impression that Wycombe and Rotherham are the real threats, they both seem to be bulldozing sides out of their path or finding ways to get the job done at the moment. So, 8-9 points would be a decent haul. One thing is for sure, we'll get a far clearer indication of our own standing in this league, once we've come through these 5 games.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 11:30]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:22 - Oct 25 with 2960 viewsfranz_tyson

I’m looking at the Plymouth and Oxford games as the most winnable, but we could easily come unstuck.
If we can get a win at Plymouth and a draw at Wycombe, then we’d set ourselves up nicely for Oxford at home.
Bit daunting to look at those 5 games at once. Just get the win at Plymouth to kick things off.

I think Rotherham will be the hardest, but not overly optimistic about travelling to Sunderland and Wycombe.
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:26 - Oct 25 with 2924 viewstractorboy1978

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:22 - Oct 25 by franz_tyson

I’m looking at the Plymouth and Oxford games as the most winnable, but we could easily come unstuck.
If we can get a win at Plymouth and a draw at Wycombe, then we’d set ourselves up nicely for Oxford at home.
Bit daunting to look at those 5 games at once. Just get the win at Plymouth to kick things off.

I think Rotherham will be the hardest, but not overly optimistic about travelling to Sunderland and Wycombe.

We've got better players than all of those teams, we just need/have to show it. Honestly, if you line up their starting 11's against ours, how many would you swap? We shouldn't be fearing anyone.
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:27 - Oct 25 with 2922 viewseastangliaisblue

My predictions are as followed:
Plymouth - win
Wycombe - draw
Oxford - win
Sunderland - draw
Rotherham - draw
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:27 - Oct 25 with 2921 viewsbilllm

Before I opened it up I thought 9 would be an excellent return,
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:28 - Oct 25 with 2905 viewschicoazul

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 10:54 - Oct 25 by SomethingBlue

Massive spell for us and really hard to predict. Rather than points I'm going to say I'd be happy if we come out of that having lost only once.

The ones that bother me for very obvious reasons are (as Jake also says) Wycombe and Rotherham. I can't, hand on heart, see us faring well against either of those when they put together a 10 minute spell pinning us back and slinging balls into the box. We struggle on that front against far inferior sides. So putting one of those two away would be a significant forwards step. Quite fancy us at Plymouth actually, while Oxford/Sunderland both beatable.

Sounds like situations made for Toto. He’s great at defending the box.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:32 - Oct 25 with 2850 viewsitfcsuth

Going to go 2 wins, 1 draw, 2 defeats.

7 points.

It is tough run of fixtures.
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:35 - Oct 25 with 2812 viewsfranz_tyson

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:26 - Oct 25 by tractorboy1978

We've got better players than all of those teams, we just need/have to show it. Honestly, if you line up their starting 11's against ours, how many would you swap? We shouldn't be fearing anyone.

I wouldn’t swap squads, but we’re still in that stage of putting it together. Wycombe and Rotherham know this division and maybe their eleven will simply beat our eleven even if we’ve got better individuals.
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:39 - Oct 25 with 2774 viewschicoazul

If we can lose fewer than 1 and win at least 2 then that’ll be a decent haul.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:41 - Oct 25 with 2759 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I would take 9 but think we need 10 at least.

Plymouth (a) - Win
Wycombe (a) - Draw
Oxford (h) - Win
Sunderland (a) - Win
Rotherham (h) - Loss

Could easily see us losing to Wycombe too.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:41 - Oct 25 with 2762 viewsSkip_Intro

Plymouth - apart from spanking Sheff Wed 3-0 in early Sep they haven't pulled up any trees at home (2-1 v Donny, 1-1 v Fleetwood) so I fancy our chances of a win there.
Wycombe - similar story at home - perfect home record but have played teams mostly near the bottom, but their style of play is horribly effective - I think a 1-1 or even a 1-0 defeat
Oxford - 4 wins in the last 5 including a 5-1 spanking of Accrington and a 3-1 away win at Burton - I think this is a tough game although hopefully our recent run at home will continue - 1-0 to us
Sunderland - I'd take a point here and think we will get it
Rotherham - 5 wins in the last 8 including beating MK away 3-0 on Saturday - this is a tough one and I can see them beating us 1-0

I would take7 or 8 points now - any more is a bonus - any less than 5 would be a concern
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:44 - Oct 25 with 2716 viewsdirtyboy

2 wins
2 draws
1 loss

8 points with 3 away games and the return legs to try and win later in the season would a realistic and not too bad return IMO.

Obviously crave more, and we're capable or more, but just can't tell how it'll go.
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:45 - Oct 25 with 2701 viewsWallingford_Boy

9 would be amazing, but they are really tough games and I fear we are not quite at their level.... yet.

I’d take 7 points, beat Rotherham and Plymouth and draw with Oxford.

RIP Sir Bobby

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:00 - Oct 25 with 2602 viewsHipsterectomy

i think 6 points, probably oxford and rotherham

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:10 - Oct 25 with 2558 viewsElderGrizzly

I think we'll lose more than one, but it will be the manner of the defeat that will be key.

Get hammered at Wycombe or Rotherham who will know we have a soft underbelly when 'bullied' in a game, it sets us back a bit.

2 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats for me. Those 2 defeats being at Wycombe and Sunderland.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024