Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. 13:33 - May 17 with 8683 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-48306380?fbclid=IwAR0kiPdOGvmG7

Cheerio you horrible little nazi nonce.
[Post edited 17 May 2019 13:34]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 19:37 - May 17 with 1744 viewsm14_blue

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 19:35 - May 17 by crunchie1978

Nothing....read the comment it was a joke....'hatchet job'....'knife'...come on....jesus christ....turn off that virtue signal for just one second....your getting interference!

Oh right, good one.
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 19:46 - May 17 with 1726 viewsBlueBadger

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 19:35 - May 17 by crunchie1978

Nothing....read the comment it was a joke....'hatchet job'....'knife'...come on....jesus christ....turn off that virtue signal for just one second....your getting interference!

...and the bit where you started patriotically defending a convicted nazi paedophile?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 19:51 - May 17 with 1718 viewscrunchie1978

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 19:46 - May 17 by BlueBadger

...and the bit where you started patriotically defending a convicted nazi paedophile?

Remind me of that please badger?
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 19:56 - May 17 with 1689 viewssyntaxerror

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 19:51 - May 17 by crunchie1978

Remind me of that please badger?

Crunchie, what makes you define Hope Not Hate as an (and I will quote you) 'openly fascist group'?
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 20:04 - May 17 with 1672 viewscrunchie1978

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 19:56 - May 17 by syntaxerror

Crunchie, what makes you define Hope Not Hate as an (and I will quote you) 'openly fascist group'?

No tolerance to opposing opinion.
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 20:07 - May 17 with 1649 viewsJ2BLUE

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 20:04 - May 17 by crunchie1978

No tolerance to opposing opinion.

Can you give us a couple of examples?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 20:10 - May 17 with 1642 viewsBlueBadger

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 20:07 - May 17 by J2BLUE

'They don't like nazis'.

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 20:17 - May 17 with 1628 viewscrunchie1978

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 20:07 - May 17 by J2BLUE

Shut down of debate is not tolerant.
Login to get fewer ads

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 20:19 - May 17 with 1623 viewscrunchie1978

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 20:10 - May 17 by BlueBadger

'They don't like nazis'.

Does anyone?
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 20:59 - May 17 with 1590 viewssyntaxerror

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 20:17 - May 17 by crunchie1978

Shut down of debate is not tolerant.

I have said it before, and will say it again... Some things should not be permitted under the defence of free speech.

And before you call me a fascist for opposing free speech, would you really allow people to advertise heroin, or actively promote or defend their right to rape or commit incest? The morals our society has set have some things as being indefensible. Racism used to be one of those things. Now it seems it is not. And that's wrong.
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 21:10 - May 17 with 1571 viewsSpruceMoose

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 20:19 - May 17 by crunchie1978

Does anyone?

You're giving us cause to think you might, being honest.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 22:27 - May 17 with 1542 viewssyntaxerror

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 21:10 - May 17 by SpruceMoose

You're giving us cause to think you might, being honest.

Waiting for a reply to my post from Crunch
[Post edited 17 May 2019 22:28]
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 00:45 - May 18 with 1515 viewsClapham_Junction

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 13:36 - May 17 by homer_123

Just as an aside Badge, isn't a sad situation that a 23 year old holds such extreme views? How has that been able to come to pass?

I'd say it's at least partially down to fostering hatred of the other* seemingly becoming a significant election strategy in the UK and US last decade or so, as the Tories and Republicans have becoming increasingly reliant on the votes of the angry and hateful. As a result of pandering to them, these people become emboldened to publicly air their views rather than be embarrassed by them. The huge growth in social media has created a bit of a perfect storm, as it has made finding others that share their views so much easier.

* Immigrants, Muslims, people on benefits, etc etc
[Post edited 18 May 2019 1:28]
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 05:33 - May 18 with 1470 viewscrunchie1978

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 20:59 - May 17 by syntaxerror

I have said it before, and will say it again... Some things should not be permitted under the defence of free speech.

And before you call me a fascist for opposing free speech, would you really allow people to advertise heroin, or actively promote or defend their right to rape or commit incest? The morals our society has set have some things as being indefensible. Racism used to be one of those things. Now it seems it is not. And that's wrong.

Very sorry for the late reply....here goes...
Who gets to decide what's deemed racist content and what isn't?
We have strict laws on racial incitement and now hate speech and we should adhere to that and let them be the judge....not individuals and certainly not groups like hope not hate.
The far left are to quick to label any opposing view as racist... so much so that the term is starting to lose its validity....and that's worrying.
As for the other comments...advertising heroin....has it ever been advertised? Maybe glorified in trainspotting but if someone was stupid enough to take out a half page ad promoting it....its up to them.
And for promoting and defending a right to rape or commit incest....last I checked there is no RIGHT to commit such terrible acts. Again anybody stupid enough to have that ideology would be swiftly dealt with by the law......but I'm struggling to see how these two extreme examples fit into the narrative of the original conversation.
The morals of society are set by society itself and not by a regime intent on pushing one side of their own agenda.
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 07:55 - May 18 with 1455 viewsBluefish

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 13:37 - May 17 by crunchie1978

mmmmm.....hate not hope involved....could be a hatchet job.......excuse the pun!

Just so we are clear, are you trying to make excuses for him or support him in any way?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 08:18 - May 18 with 1443 viewscrunchie1978

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 07:55 - May 18 by Bluefish

Just so we are clear, are you trying to make excuses for him or support him in any way?

No.
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 09:25 - May 18 with 1403 viewsDanTheMan

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 05:33 - May 18 by crunchie1978

We have strict laws on racial incitement and now hate speech and we should adhere to that and let them be the judge....not individuals and certainly not groups like hope not hate.
The far left are to quick to label any opposing view as racist... so much so that the term is starting to lose its validity....and that's worrying.
As for the other comments...advertising heroin....has it ever been advertised? Maybe glorified in trainspotting but if someone was stupid enough to take out a half page ad promoting it....its up to them.
And for promoting and defending a right to rape or commit incest....last I checked there is no RIGHT to commit such terrible acts. Again anybody stupid enough to have that ideology would be swiftly dealt with by the law......but I'm struggling to see how these two extreme examples fit into the narrative of the original conversation.
The morals of society are set by society itself and not by a regime intent on pushing one side of their own agenda.

"The morals of society are set by society itself and not by a regime intent on pushing one side of their own agenda."

Erm, they are people who are part of society. They're doing exactly what you've deemed as OK.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 09:48 - May 18 with 1385 viewseireblue

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 05:33 - May 18 by crunchie1978

“Who gets to decide what's deemed racist content and what isn't?”

The target.

End Of.
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 10:26 - May 18 with 1365 viewscrunchie1978

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 09:48 - May 18 by eireblue

“Who gets to decide what's deemed racist content and what isn't?”

The target.

End Of.

I agree 100%....if the individual is a victim of racial abuse then they've decided the content aimed at them is offence....and they can take appropriate action.
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 10:32 - May 18 with 1357 viewscrunchie1978

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 09:25 - May 18 by DanTheMan

"The morals of society are set by society itself and not by a regime intent on pushing one side of their own agenda."

Erm, they are people who are part of society. They're doing exactly what you've deemed as OK.

The morals of society are set by a variety of different views......many different voices...many different ideologies.
In that way society works itself out....it wont if only one view is allowed and other views shut down by government....or government backed corporations.
Again....that's fascism.
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 10:57 - May 18 with 1339 viewseireblue

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 10:26 - May 18 by crunchie1978

I agree 100%....if the individual is a victim of racial abuse then they've decided the content aimed at them is offence....and they can take appropriate action.

I am not sure you are 100% agreeing. Maybe you are.

Your opinion as an 3rd party observer, doesn’t actually count when it comes to deciding whether something is racist. The only view point that counts are the subjects of abuse.

If a group of people decided that referring to them in a specific way is hurtful, prejudice and racist, then it is.

End of. If someone continues to use specific terms, then they are using racist terms. That person may have an opinion that the terms are not racist, but that opinion is wrong. There is no debate.

I don’t get to have an opinion on what English people decide is a derogatory term to describe them. If a British citizen decides that the term “Brits” is offensive, I shouldn’t use it.

You haven’t yet given an example of how Hope not Hate are acting as an openly fascist group.
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 11:12 - May 18 with 1328 viewscrunchie1978

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 10:57 - May 18 by eireblue

I am not sure you are 100% agreeing. Maybe you are.

Your opinion as an 3rd party observer, doesn’t actually count when it comes to deciding whether something is racist. The only view point that counts are the subjects of abuse.

If a group of people decided that referring to them in a specific way is hurtful, prejudice and racist, then it is.

End of. If someone continues to use specific terms, then they are using racist terms. That person may have an opinion that the terms are not racist, but that opinion is wrong. There is no debate.

I don’t get to have an opinion on what English people decide is a derogatory term to describe them. If a British citizen decides that the term “Brits” is offensive, I shouldn’t use it.

You haven’t yet given an example of how Hope not Hate are acting as an openly fascist group.

I have...they openly shut down debate.
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 11:20 - May 18 with 1321 viewsjeera

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 11:12 - May 18 by crunchie1978

'They' helped catch a paedophile and wannabe murderer.

You've made no sense whatsoever on this thread so far.

Don't completely trash any last bit of respect you may have left by continuing with this rubbish.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 11:25 - May 18 with 1317 viewseireblue

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 11:12 - May 18 by crunchie1978

No. You have only asserted that they are openly fascist, and openly shut down debate.

If they are very open about this, it should be very easy for you to give one to two examples of this that are in the public domain.

These examples should not contradict the stuff you seem to agree with, i.e. in respect of how hateful and racist language and actions are defined.
If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 19:24 - May 19 with 1219 viewseireblue

If these people don't want to obey our laws, they should leave. on 11:25 - May 18 by eireblue

No. You have only asserted that they are openly fascist, and openly shut down debate.

If they are very open about this, it should be very easy for you to give one to two examples of this that are in the public domain.

These examples should not contradict the stuff you seem to agree with, i.e. in respect of how hateful and racist language and actions are defined.

Crunchie, just a couple of examples will be fine, no need to spend your whole weekend compiling a long list.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024