Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Race Across the World winners "cheated"? **SPOILER ALERT** 14:56 - Apr 27 with 6533 viewsEpiphone

I've really enjoyed this TV series and the winners seem lovely ,especially pledging to give away most of the prize money to good causes.

However, I had slight reservations about the way Emon and Jamiul traded their Ipods with the driver to make up the cost of their final taxi ride. I think the makers of the show need to clarify the rules for future series, otherwise what's to stop the competitors taking jewellery or other high value small items to "trade" making a mockery of the supposed budget?

Anyone else feel the same?
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 15:37]
Race Across the World winners on 20:15 - Apr 27 with 1537 viewsDeano69

Race Across the World winners on 16:50 - Apr 27 by BarcaBlue

Maybe harsh but seeing her I couldn't get this fine lady out of my mind every time she appeared

[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 16:52]

Haha. Brilliant. I knew there was someone she reminded me of.

Couldn’t help but think that she was desperate to find a reason to divorce her husband (who was certainly filmed and edited as a very patient soul).

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Race Across the World winners on 21:01 - Apr 27 with 1506 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Race Across the World winners on 20:15 - Apr 27 by Deano69

Haha. Brilliant. I knew there was someone she reminded me of.

Couldn’t help but think that she was desperate to find a reason to divorce her husband (who was certainly filmed and edited as a very patient soul).

She reminded me of the reason i got divorced.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Race Across the World winners on 21:26 - Apr 27 with 1505 viewsfactual_blue

Race Across the World winners on 21:01 - Apr 27 by StochesStotasBlewe

She reminded me of the reason i got divorced.

Your wife was made of plasticine?

(Other modelling clays are available)

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Race Across the World winners "cheated"? on 22:23 - Apr 27 with 1486 viewsBlueastheycome

Race Across the World winners "cheated"? on 15:44 - Apr 27 by IpswichKnight

The bloke in the married couple had the patience of a saint, my wife was screaming at the telly at some points to just slap the spoilt brat of a wife. I know someone who knows them as well I'm going to find out if the wife is really that annoying and spoilt.

Wife and I thought long and hard about applying for the next one of these but decided we wouldn't get in, mainly as she can't take 60+ days off work and I suspect they wouldn't like someone who has worked for one of the biggest travel agencies in the world to take part.

See that’s interesting really as myself and my partner felt a sense of pride for her that they had come so close after she was totally out of her depth to start with and pulled out some resources inside her self to carry on. All in all, bloomin good tele
Race Across the World winners on 22:23 - Apr 27 with 1487 viewsBlueastheycome

Race Across the World winners "cheated"? on 15:44 - Apr 27 by IpswichKnight

The bloke in the married couple had the patience of a saint, my wife was screaming at the telly at some points to just slap the spoilt brat of a wife. I know someone who knows them as well I'm going to find out if the wife is really that annoying and spoilt.

Wife and I thought long and hard about applying for the next one of these but decided we wouldn't get in, mainly as she can't take 60+ days off work and I suspect they wouldn't like someone who has worked for one of the biggest travel agencies in the world to take part.

See that’s interesting really as myself and my partner felt a sense of pride for her that they had come so close after she was totally out of her depth to start with and pulled out some resources inside her self to carry on. All in all, bloomin good tele
Race Across the World winners on 09:26 - Apr 28 with 1423 viewsWeWereZombies

Race Across the World winners on 15:40 - Apr 27 by Epiphone

I made a mistake, I corrected it and apologised, what more do you want, a banana?! ;)

I have a banana thank you.

Got any apples?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Race Across the World winners on 09:36 - Apr 28 with 1415 viewsgordon

Race Across the World winners on 22:23 - Apr 27 by Blueastheycome

I found her quite endearing, although I'd never want to meet her. I liked when she was dancing on a stage at a nightclub drinking tequilas in Brazil or wherever, and then earnestly saying they had to bring some of the energy and magic they'd found on their trip back home to Lincoln.
Race Across the World winners on 10:03 - Apr 28 with 1400 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Race Across the World winners on 21:26 - Apr 27 by factual_blue

Your wife was made of plasticine?

(Other modelling clays are available)

She got a puncture.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

Race Across the World winners "cheated"? **SPOILER ALERT** on 11:12 - Apr 28 with 1386 viewsTIB

People going out with their arms wrapped in Seikos and hands caked in Elizabeth Duke!!!

Jokes aside, it was a good series. The wife of the deaf dude really grinded my gears...at times it felt like she genuinely hated him because he'd gone deaf!?! I get it would be hard to deal with but genuinely felt sorry for him a few times. Was great to see the mother and son on their travels although gutted they didn't make it to the end.

Question is, where will the next series be?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Race Across the World winners "cheated"? **SPOILER ALERT** on 11:53 - Apr 28 with 1364 viewsAce_High1

Race Across the World winners "cheated"? **SPOILER ALERT** on 11:12 - Apr 28 by TIB

People going out with their arms wrapped in Seikos and hands caked in Elizabeth Duke!!!

Jokes aside, it was a good series. The wife of the deaf dude really grinded my gears...at times it felt like she genuinely hated him because he'd gone deaf!?! I get it would be hard to deal with but genuinely felt sorry for him a few times. Was great to see the mother and son on their travels although gutted they didn't make it to the end.

Australasia or Africa?
Race Across the World winners "cheated"? **SPOILER ALERT** on 11:54 - Apr 28 with 1365 viewsIpswichKnight

Race Across the World winners "cheated"? **SPOILER ALERT** on 11:12 - Apr 28 by TIB

They were filming a celebrity version before the virus hit and it got pulled.

Several ideas

Through Canada and the USA, from say Gnome Alaska to Key West

Kirknes Norway to Istanbul

Cairo to Cape Town
Race Across the World winners "cheated"? **SPOILER ALERT** on 12:21 - Apr 28 with 1349 viewssoupytwist

I thought they were doing what they had to do to win. Although, the things they waved under the taxi driver's nose clearly weren't ipods. And presumably that final bus they had to get to the hotel was free as they'd used all their cash on the taxi fare.

I was somewhat cynical about how close it was at the end but it made for good telly I guess.

Rob was extremely magnanimous in defeat at the end which was heartening given what he'd put up with over the course of the event. It was also good to see him become the stronger one towards the end and drag his wife along with him (not literally).

I also want to go back and watch the first series again to find out if there was quite as much X-factor style personal journey stuff as there was in this one. I do remember a father and son team who were trying to reconnect in a similar way to Emon and Jamiul.
Race Across the World winners "cheated"? **SPOILER ALERT** on 15:04 - Apr 28 with 1321 viewslinhdi

Race Across the World winners "cheated"? **SPOILER ALERT** on 12:21 - Apr 28 by soupytwist

I thought they were doing what they had to do to win. Although, the things they waved under the taxi driver's nose clearly weren't ipods. And presumably that final bus they had to get to the hotel was free as they'd used all their cash on the taxi fare.

I was somewhat cynical about how close it was at the end but it made for good telly I guess.

Rob was extremely magnanimous in defeat at the end which was heartening given what he'd put up with over the course of the event. It was also good to see him become the stronger one towards the end and drag his wife along with him (not literally).

I also want to go back and watch the first series again to find out if there was quite as much X-factor style personal journey stuff as there was in this one. I do remember a father and son team who were trying to reconnect in a similar way to Emon and Jamiul.

I preferred series one, as there were far fewer non-sequiturs in the filming. Series two, so often there were unexplained periods in the race where we didn't see how people had travelled - likely due to the endemic civil unrest. And how often did we see people chatting around having somehow left their rucksack somewhere

But. I really enjoyed both series. Maybe the toughest challenge would involve Greater Anglia and a student budget.
Race Across the World winners "cheated"? **SPOILER ALERT** on 15:28 - Apr 28 with 1311 viewsgordon

Race Across the World winners "cheated"? **SPOILER ALERT** on 12:21 - Apr 28 by soupytwist

The father and son team put on a really good show in series 1, but looking back their 'personal journey' seems like it was really staged, given that basically everyone seems to go on some kind of 'personal journey.'
Race Across the World winners "cheated"? **SPOILER ALERT** on 15:29 - Apr 28 with 1309 viewsgordon

Race Across the World winners "cheated"? **SPOILER ALERT** on 11:53 - Apr 28 by Ace_High1

Australasia or Africa?

Cairo to Cape Town. I'm studying routes already and preparing my application.
Race Across the World winners "cheated"? **SPOILER ALERT** on 16:34 - Apr 28 with 1292 viewssoupytwist

Race Across the World winners "cheated"? **SPOILER ALERT** on 15:04 - Apr 28 by linhdi

I preferred series one, as there were far fewer non-sequiturs in the filming. Series two, so often there were unexplained periods in the race where we didn't see how people had travelled - likely due to the endemic civil unrest. And how often did we see people chatting around having somehow left their rucksack somewhere

But. I really enjoyed both series. Maybe the toughest challenge would involve Greater Anglia and a student budget.

I preferred series one as well, maybe because of the novelty but also they travelled through more varied countries and cultures. I'm sure that there is a lot of difference between the various nations of South America but that didn't come across particularly well in what we saw on screen.

The last series really made me want to go to places I hadn't considered before in Central Asia, but the second series wasn't so much like that although I would love to go Argentina, Chile and Columbia.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024