Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The current Town vs the team of a year ago 21:48 - Sep 28 with 1971 viewsbaxterbasics

Who do you think would win? Are we doing well because the league is that much weaker, or is this a genuinely good team now?

On a similar note, how would they fare next season in the Championship if there were no big signings?

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 21:59 - Sep 28 with 1902 viewstextbackup

im not sure our defence has massively improved, just the quality of player we face is less.

that said going forwards our fullbacks are the best we've had in absolutely years.

this current team would beat last years.

----------------------

this current team would be a midtable championship one

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 22:02 - Sep 28 with 1876 viewsWD19

There are the players within the squad to form a team that would beat last years.

We are still a long way off being a team that could hold its own in the championship though.
The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 22:19 - Sep 28 with 1820 viewsdavblue

The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 21:59 - Sep 28 by textbackup

im not sure our defence has massively improved, just the quality of player we face is less.

that said going forwards our fullbacks are the best we've had in absolutely years.

----------------------

I feel slightly different.

I think it would struggle, probably not relegation but not far off it.

That level up I'm not sure we would have enough at the back or upfront.
The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 22:32 - Sep 28 with 1766 viewssyntaxerror

The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 22:19 - Sep 28 by davblue

Remember we have Sears to come back, and in a front 2 he could be lethal.
The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 22:43 - Sep 28 with 1713 viewsdavblue

The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 22:32 - Sep 28 by syntaxerror

Remember we have Sears to come back, and in a front 2 he could be lethal.

Sears isnt a good championship striker imo.
The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 22:43 - Sep 28 with 1715 viewsxrayspecs

Last year team would beat our current team, albeit we had more loanees last season.

L1 is a big drop down from the Champ.

What is positive is that the likes of Downes, KVY, and Wolf being given game time.

Listening to something about Chelsea academy earlier, something along the lines of how many first team starts Abraham, Mason and others have had and that the view is that to be first team ready at Chelsea you need 80+ first team starts elsewhere
The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 00:06 - Sep 29 with 1559 viewsGarv

The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 22:19 - Sep 28 by davblue

Agreed. It would need a lot more height and strength. Norwood is tough but I don't see him bullying many Championship defenders.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 09:29 - Sep 29 with 1227 viewstheinbetweener

This current team would have beaten the team of a year ago, no question. Anyone that says otherwise must be deluded.

But I agree with others, I think the jump between Championship and League One is massive so we must not kid ourselves that, should be get promotion, we will just stroll to a mid-table finish with this set of players. It won’t happen. Bottom third at best for me.

With another year on the clock for Chambers and Skuse, I perhaps feel their time could be up next year, certainly within the first 11. That is certainly no dig at the pair of them who have been terrific servants of this football club.

Far too early to talk about this in reality but as a minimum we would require a Championship quality CB and Striker, should we go up.
Login to get fewer ads

The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 16:31 - Sep 29 with 1006 viewsActionMan

The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 21:59 - Sep 28 by textbackup

----------------------

We won't survive the Championship with this side unfortunately. The teams we're playing are just that bad, if you give a Championship side the gifts our defence offers our League One opposition we'll struggle, not to mention that Norwood practically needs it to be put in the net for him before he can score it seems!
The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 16:33 - Sep 29 with 999 viewswkj

This might sound odd, but currently I think we're a weaker side than last year, but with KVY coming on leaps and bounds and the youngsters gradually improving, granted Downes had a quiet one yesterday, Jackson growing in confidence and Oxford's crapest full back becoming a fan favourite here, I think we will end the season with a stronger squad.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 16:40 - Sep 29 with 981 viewsHerbivore

This team beats the team of a year ago. A lot of the players are the same but playing with more confidence whst the likes of KVY and Nors add something in areas we were lacking last season. I think without strengthening we would struggle in the Championship. We'd need to add a quality CB, LB and a decent striker imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

we Have a stronger squad than last year... on 16:49 - Sep 29 with 958 viewsunstableblue

The current Town vs the team of a year ago on 16:33 - Sep 29 by wkj

This might sound odd, but currently I think we're a weaker side than last year, but with KVY coming on leaps and bounds and the youngsters gradually improving, granted Downes had a quiet one yesterday, Jackson growing in confidence and Oxford's crapest full back becoming a fan favourite here, I think we will end the season with a stronger squad.

... no question

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024