Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense 12:37 - Jan 10 with 3110 viewsIllinoisblue

Really painful.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 12:39 - Jan 10 with 2635 viewsDubtractor

Just a load of meaningless words isn't it?

Again

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 12:41 - Jan 10 with 2637 viewsportmanking

I'd argue it's the worst statement yet.

Mainly because ME is trying to make it sound like he understands football. Unfortunately for him, he comes across like a dad trying to talk about computer games with his son. He's so far removed from the reality of the situation that it all becomes meaningless cliches and platitudes.
It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 12:43 - Jan 10 with 2603 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 12:39 - Jan 10 by Dubtractor

Just a load of meaningless words isn't it?

Again

It really is. I genuinely fear for our club.

62 - 78 - 81

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 12:46 - Jan 10 with 2593 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 12:41 - Jan 10 by portmanking

Mainly because ME is trying to make it sound like he understands football. Unfortunately for him, he comes across like a dad trying to talk about computer games with his son. He's so far removed from the reality of the situation that it all becomes meaningless cliches and platitudes.

“Look son, when I first came here I believed a physical approach to soccer was the way forward. I’ve had a rethink now, and it’s technical footy that will win the day. Hang in there, son, the next five years are going to be entertaining”

62 - 78 - 81

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 12:47 - Jan 10 with 2592 viewsSouperJim

I also have it on credible authority from someone connected with the club that there was something in the Warnock talk, with Chambers or possibly Dyer as understudy to take over next season. If so, it really does prove the Evans statement to be a load of nonsense to try and placate the fanbase.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 13:13 - Jan 10 with 2502 viewsr2d2

Absolute tosh. As usual from Evans.
It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 13:23 - Jan 10 with 2472 viewsSomethingBlue

It's pretty bad, I must say.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 13:31 - Jan 10 with 2445 viewsSteve_M

There are times when we really need POTD back.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 13:52 - Jan 10 with 2389 viewshaynes_toe1

Yeah. It's awful.

I don't have big problems with Evans' himself to be honest or his ownership to a certain degree but coming out with this BS is so far from helpful I don't know where to start.
It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 14:57 - Jan 10 with 2310 viewsOxford_Blue

When you’ve got £6m a year to burn on a football club’s losses plus further money to spend on the team etc then I’m sure Evans would listen
It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 15:11 - Jan 10 with 2276 viewsDanTheMan

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 14:57 - Jan 10 by Oxford_Blue

When you’ve got £6m a year to burn on a football club’s losses plus further money to spend on the team etc then I’m sure Evans would listen

You don't have to be a chef to know if food tastes good.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 15:37 - Jan 10 with 2228 viewsDubtractor

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 14:57 - Jan 10 by Oxford_Blue

As has been stated a squillion times. Its not just about money is it.

Its great that he subsidises the club, but ultimately worthless if his actual running of the club is bloody awful.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 15:39 - Jan 10 with 2215 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 15:37 - Jan 10 by Dubtractor

Its great that he subsidises the club, but ultimately worthless if his actual running of the club is bloody awful.

Be prepared to state it another squillion times for the people who think wasting money through bad decisions should be applauded.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 16:00 - Jan 10 with 2164 viewschicoazul

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 12:43 - Jan 10 by Illinoisblue

It really is. I genuinely fear for our club.

I hate to tell you this my brother, but the club you I and everyone else here who is 30+ grew up with is dead. and what has taken its' place is an ossified zombie football club run by a man who couldnt care less.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 16:19 - Jan 10 with 2121 viewsbraveblue

Simply awful.
It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 16:23 - Jan 10 with 2114 viewsOxford_Blue

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 15:37 - Jan 10 by Dubtractor

So what realistically should he do different if it’s not related to money?

Sheepshanks and co didn’t exactly do a great job.
It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 16:49 - Jan 10 with 2051 viewsDubtractor

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 16:23 - Jan 10 by Oxford_Blue

So Sheepshanks, under whom we reached the premier league, had 2 seasons in UEFA cup, played cracking football and ended up £30m in debt was bad.

Yet Evans, under whom we have been a disaster, got relegated to division 3, have had a succession of comedy managers, played increasingly bad football, lost all touch with the local community, and are now £100m in the red is seemingly beyond real criticism?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 16:53]

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 18:46 - Jan 10 with 1916 viewsHARRY10

Evans insightful understanding of football, and how to run a club

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 18:54 - Jan 10 with 1893 viewsFreddy

Its more than painful, anyone who swallows that crap is very gullible
It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 19:18 - Jan 10 with 1842 viewsbluejacko

Well that certainly fills me with hope and confidence!(NOT)
Absolute rubbish.
It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 19:38 - Jan 10 with 1777 viewsSE1blue

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 16:49 - Jan 10 by Dubtractor

So Sheepshanks, under whom we reached the premier league, had 2 seasons in UEFA cup, played cracking football and ended up £30m in debt was bad.

Yet Evans, under whom we have been a disaster, got relegated to division 3, have had a succession of comedy managers, played increasingly bad football, lost all touch with the local community, and are now £100m in the red is seemingly beyond real criticism?

And people were saying that the worry is we are going to become a Coventry...

Currently we're worse than them.

Our current situation is like the Three Little Pigs
Pig number 1 does not spend any money on his house
Pig number 2 has a house that is made of positive spin
Pig number 3 ….oh we don't have a pig number 3 who builds a safe and strong house.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 19:42]

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 19:45 - Jan 10 with 1754 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not repeatedly feck up our football club would be a good start!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 20:09 - Jan 10 with 1704 views66notout

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 16:00 - Jan 10 by chicoazul

I hate to tell you this my brother, but the club you I and everyone else here who is 30+ grew up with is dead. and what has taken its' place is an ossified zombie football club run by a man who couldnt care less.

I was going to give you an upvote but then I noticed the rogue apostrophe.
It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 20:31 - Jan 10 with 1666 viewsbrogansnose

Evans is a businessman, in what other line of business is it acceptable to come in to a promising company and then let it slide to its lowest ebb for over 30 years with little idea or strategy to recover its position ? Quite frankly, he would have been hounded out by Pension funds and shareholders.
It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 21:14 - Jan 10 with 1562 viewsOxford_Blue

It’s painful reading Evans’ latest nonsense on 16:49 - Jan 10 by Dubtractor

Sheepshanks presided over the club almost going out of existence, the results of which we are still feeling.

And what do you say Evans should be doing?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024