Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paradise papers 17:17 - Nov 8 with 14338 viewsNo9

Anyone watched both parts and now not understand why Mr E has moved his operations from Bermuda to I.o.M.?
Anyone now still wondering why the super-rich and the wealthy want to UK out of the EU?
Paradise papers on 17:23 - Nov 8 with 6198 viewsfactual_blue

I was advised this afternoon that Philip Ham is a name that will come out in the Paradise Papers.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Paradise papers on 17:25 - Nov 8 with 6196 viewsNo9

Paradise papers on 17:23 - Nov 8 by factual_blue

I was advised this afternoon that Philip Ham is a name that will come out in the Paradise Papers.

Ah! Ha!
on 17:26 - Nov 8 with 6194 views_

Paradise papers on 17:28 - Nov 8 with 6178 viewsfactual_blue

Paradise papers on 17:25 - Nov 8 by No9

Ah! Ha!

This little titbit was passed on to me by a well-respected gentleman working in financial services.

Paradise papers on 17:28 - Nov 8 with 6175 viewsSpruceMoose

Paradise papers on 17:23 - Nov 8 by factual_blue

I have been advised to try and get out in front of the news. Philip J Ham was never in the employ of any of my businesses or subsidiaries.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

How much money is enough? on 17:28 - Nov 8 with 6174 viewsPendejo

on 17:26 - Nov 8 by _

no further comment

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Paradise papers on 17:29 - Nov 8 with 6173 viewsNo9

If you haven't seen it, it is well worth going to iPlayer and watching it.
The guardian as one of the news organisations involved are serialising it in print
on 17:31 - Nov 8 with 6161 views_

Paradise papers on 17:29 - Nov 8 by No9

The guardian as one of the news organisations involved are serialising it in print

Login to get fewer ads

Paradise papers on 17:35 - Nov 8 with 6154 viewsNo9

Paradise papers on 17:28 - Nov 8 by factual_blue

This little titbit was passed on to me by a well-respected gentleman working in financial services.

The plot thickens
Paradise papers on 17:49 - Nov 8 with 6130 viewsfactual_blue

Paradise papers on 17:28 - Nov 8 by SpruceMoose

I have been advised to try and get out in front of the news. Philip J Ham was never in the employ of any of my businesses or subsidiaries.

It's Philip A B Ham, and he's squirelling away the cash slush fund of Hammy Media in the discreet banks of Culebra

Paradise papers on 18:02 - Nov 8 with 6114 viewsblueislander

Do you not find it odd that the information was illegally, and has not brought any illegalities committed to light? The programme is sensationalist , and full of half truths, and unworthy of the BBC imo.
Paradise papers on 18:03 - Nov 8 with 6106 viewsNo9

Paradise papers on 18:02 - Nov 8 by blueislander

Do you not find it odd that the information was illegally, and has not brought any illegalities committed to light? The programme is sensationalist , and full of half truths, and unworthy of the BBC imo.

Why?
Paradise papers on 18:11 - Nov 8 with 6097 viewsblueislander

Paradise papers on 18:03 - Nov 8 by No9

Why?

Mainly because it sheds no light on any illegal acts. It is just a diatribe against wealthy people. It omits one very important fact. There i now something called the Common Reporting Standard which obliges all the jurisdictions mentioned to automatically send information on bank accounts to the relevant tax authorities. Ihave answered your question, will you answer mine?
Paradise papers on 18:14 - Nov 8 with 6095 viewsNo9

Paradise papers on 18:11 - Nov 8 by blueislander

Mainly because it sheds no light on any illegal acts. It is just a diatribe against wealthy people. It omits one very important fact. There i now something called the Common Reporting Standard which obliges all the jurisdictions mentioned to automatically send information on bank accounts to the relevant tax authorities. Ihave answered your question, will you answer mine?

Based on what you are posting I don't think you watched all of the broadcasts.

"There i now something called the Common Reporting Standard which obliges all the jurisdictions mentioned to automatically send information on bank accounts to the relevant tax authorities"

The key is in 'supposed to'

Did you read the question in my original post?
Paradise papers on 18:18 - Nov 8 with 6092 viewsGlasgowBlue

Would that be the same Guardian who have their own offshore investments?

The same Guardian who avoided paying £60 million of taxes in 2008 by winding up the not-for-profit charity, The Scott Trust and forming The Scott Trust Limited when it sold its 50%t holding in Auto Trader?

The same Guardian who have £223.8 million invested in an overseas/offshore hedge fund managed by Cambridge Associates which trades currency derivatives?

Just so we are clear.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Paradise papers on 18:20 - Nov 8 with 6084 viewsNo9

Paradise papers on 18:18 - Nov 8 by GlasgowBlue

Would that be the same Guardian who have their own offshore investments?

The same Guardian who avoided paying £60 million of taxes in 2008 by winding up the not-for-profit charity, The Scott Trust and forming The Scott Trust Limited when it sold its 50%t holding in Auto Trader?

The same Guardian who have £223.8 million invested in an overseas/offshore hedge fund managed by Cambridge Associates which trades currency derivatives?

Just so we are clear.

So are you saying two wrongs make a right ?
Paradise papers on 18:21 - Nov 8 with 6078 viewsblueislander

Paradise papers on 18:14 - Nov 8 by No9

Based on what you are posting I don't think you watched all of the broadcasts.

"There i now something called the Common Reporting Standard which obliges all the jurisdictions mentioned to automatically send information on bank accounts to the relevant tax authorities"

The key is in 'supposed to'

Did you read the question in my original post?

"Supposed to" - No it is a legal obligation , with severe penalties for non compliance.
Paradise papers on 18:22 - Nov 8 with 6080 viewsfactual_blue

Paradise papers on 18:02 - Nov 8 by blueislander

There are likely to a significant number of breaches of various securities exchange legislation passed by a number of countries.

In addition, the Furniss v Dawson principle and the Ramsay principle are both well-established in UK tax law, enabling HMRC to ignore the existence of non-commercial transactions, ie to apply 'substance over form'.

Whether somebody passing papers belonging to a commercial entity to a third party is illegal is a moot point. I'm by no means sure receiving them is.

I'm not sure of Lord sleazecroft's legal position, having apparently reneged on undertakings given about his domicile.

I'm also not sure what the problem is in being morally outraged by exposure of this sort of behaviour,

Paradise papers on 18:22 - Nov 8 with 6079 viewsGlasgowBlue

Paradise papers on 18:20 - Nov 8 by No9

I am calling out the hypocrisy of the Guardian. What they have done is all perfectly legal tax avoidance though.

But it's a case of don't do as I do. Do as I say.

Iron Lion Zion

Paradise papers on 18:27 - Nov 8 with 6067 viewsbournemouthblue

The same magic money tree which definitely didn't bail out all those banks to the tune of £24k per every UK Household

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Paradise papers on 18:29 - Nov 8 with 6057 viewsGlasgowBlue

Paradise papers on 18:27 - Nov 8 by bournemouthblue

The same magic money tree which definitely didn't bail out all those banks to the tune of £24k per every UK Household

I think you will find that was your man Brown who did that.

Iron Lion Zion

Paradise papers on 18:35 - Nov 8 with 6048 viewsblueislander

Paradise papers on 18:22 - Nov 8 by factual_blue

There are likely to a significant number of breaches of various securities exchange legislation passed by a number of countries.

In addition, the Furniss v Dawson principle and the Ramsay principle are both well-established in UK tax law, enabling HMRC to ignore the existence of non-commercial transactions, ie to apply 'substance over form'.

Whether somebody passing papers belonging to a commercial entity to a third party is illegal is a moot point. I'm by no means sure receiving them is.

I'm not sure of Lord sleazecroft's legal position, having apparently reneged on undertakings given about his domicile.

I'm also not sure what the problem is in being morally outraged by exposure of this sort of behaviour,

No breaches were exposed were there? Not sure where you are going with Furniss v Dawson. How does that apply? I think we can safely say that this information was stolen. Ashcroft,odious individual that he is, gave that committment to Cameron. By not fulfilling it I don't think that is illegal. I am sure that many people were outraged, but if the programme had presented some balance, by mentioning the CRS , and also explaining how investment funds are widely used by all and sundry, and that anyone with a pension fund has participated in "off shore" activity, perhaps the outrage would be less.
Paradise papers on 18:39 - Nov 8 with 6036 viewsBlueBadger

Paradise papers on 18:20 - Nov 8 by No9

I think the point here, is if you're going to call out this bulls*t, it's probably a good idea to be well, not participating in said bulls*t as far as possible.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Paradise papers on 18:46 - Nov 8 with 6014 viewslongtimefan

Paradise papers on 18:22 - Nov 8 by GlasgowBlue

I am calling out the hypocrisy of the Guardian. What they have done is all perfectly legal tax avoidance though.

Not much different to the salary sacrifice schemes that many large employers imposed that reduced both company and employee national insurance contributions.
Paradise papers on 18:48 - Nov 8 with 6008 viewsNo9

Paradise papers on 18:22 - Nov 8 by GlasgowBlue

Did you watch the programmes?
Do you understand UK tax law?
Why would anyone claim to own companies then not show up as a direct at Companies house?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024