Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoax voicemails from HMRC 13:54 - Aug 23 with 2119 viewsReuser_is_God

Anyone else had one?

Auotmated message along the line of "call X number & if not you & your solicitor should be ready for the legal consequences"

WTF

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 13:57 - Aug 23 with 2100 viewsJ2BLUE

I've had plenty of emails about tax returns and other 'consequences'. No calls yet.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 13:58 - Aug 23 with 2095 viewsIpswichKnight

oh I shall look forward to that if they call!
Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 13:59 - Aug 23 with 2091 viewsSikamikanico

That is a hoax.

If you complete a tax return/run a company/registered for VAT then contact your accountant to check the current status and only phone HMRC on contact numbers disclosed on their website or official letters.
Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 14:11 - Aug 23 with 2053 viewsmonytowbray

I've had one. Apparently they pass you through to someone to take a payment for the tax before you "go to prison".

I had a new one in the Paris tourist trap last week where a woman came over with a clipboard asking us to sign to support "the death, blind and dumb babies". I asked her what charity she worked with and what they were specifically raising money for, to which she said "the death, blind and dumb babies" again so I said no thanks. She then went to go over to my daughter who was nosing at something 10 ft away and started hassling her to which I shouted "SHE'S FIFTEEN YOU NONCE, GET AWAY FROM HER". Made me laugh.

Apparently once they engage you they start hassling you to make a cash donation then and there which goes in the scammer's pocket. Honestly, you'd think it would be easy to make the clipboard look a bit more legit and get some fake lanyards made up. I imagine you could make more waving one of those charity buckets around on the dodge.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 14:12]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 14:14 - Aug 23 with 2037 viewsfooters

Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 13:57 - Aug 23 by J2BLUE

I've had plenty of emails about tax returns and other 'consequences'. No calls yet.

Professional gamblers don't pay income tax, tho, do they? So presumably tax won't be a bother for you from now on :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 14:18 - Aug 23 with 2021 viewsbobwya

I've had one. Apparently there is an arrest warrant been issued for me but I'm still waiting for the knock on the door.
Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 14:20 - Aug 23 with 2015 viewsMedwayTractor

Get a Truecall gadget, or a phone with it built in. Mine has eliminated all unwanted calls, just a pity it can't eliminate the cold callers as well.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 15:10 - Aug 23 with 1961 viewsPinewoodblue

Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 14:11 - Aug 23 by monytowbray

I've had one. Apparently they pass you through to someone to take a payment for the tax before you "go to prison".

I had a new one in the Paris tourist trap last week where a woman came over with a clipboard asking us to sign to support "the death, blind and dumb babies". I asked her what charity she worked with and what they were specifically raising money for, to which she said "the death, blind and dumb babies" again so I said no thanks. She then went to go over to my daughter who was nosing at something 10 ft away and started hassling her to which I shouted "SHE'S FIFTEEN YOU NONCE, GET AWAY FROM HER". Made me laugh.

Apparently once they engage you they start hassling you to make a cash donation then and there which goes in the scammer's pocket. Honestly, you'd think it would be easy to make the clipboard look a bit more legit and get some fake lanyards made up. I imagine you could make more waving one of those charity buckets around on the dodge.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 14:12]

It is the increasing number of cold callers you get at the door from various charities looking for you to sign up to make regular payments. All, as far as I know, legit. Has reached the point of saying don't donate to door step callers.

Not strictly true as would still donate to British Legion if they ever knocked on the door to sell me a Poppy.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 15:18 - Aug 23 with 1944 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I had the same the day after I had paid HMRC. Hung up. Had another the day after. W@@kers.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 15:24 - Aug 23 with 1924 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 14:14 - Aug 23 by footers

Professional gamblers don't pay income tax, tho, do they? So presumably tax won't be a bother for you from now on :)

They do actually.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 15:36 - Aug 23 with 1898 viewsJ2BLUE

Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 14:14 - Aug 23 by footers

You seem to have a real issue with what i'm doing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 23:43 - Aug 23 with 1723 viewsbritbiker

I get them about every six months. The automated message is so electronic and agressive that its not even believable.
Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 06:20 - Aug 24 with 1651 viewsChurchman

Sadly, these creatures get more and more aggressive and creative. Current favourites are that my computer has a virus, my tv licence must be paid immediately and the HMRC one. The latter rather ironic as I’ve just finished working for her majesty’s govt. What worries me is that these bits of scum can frighten people who are not aware and that some are getting more and more sophisticated.

Trash, spam, call protect are 3 of my best friends.
Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 07:49 - Aug 24 with 1603 viewsbracknell_blue

About 3. Checked the number and it is in a batch used by HMRC but has apparently been cloned. They are scammers so please ignore. If you get more, you can report it.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 07:53 - Aug 24 with 1597 viewsfooters

Hoax voicemails from HMRC on 15:36 - Aug 23 by J2BLUE

You seem to have a real issue with what i'm doing.

Not at all. I just find it amusing :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024