Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre challenge looks high from this angle... 21:30 - Nov 3 with 5488 viewsMatt_Netherlands

But then again looks very soft from this photo:

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 22:07 - Nov 3 with 1218 viewsDarth_Koont

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 22:02 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

Not saying I agree with it but I can see how he gets a red. Looks like he goes in with both feet and jumps in a touch, however it mainly looks that way as he's off balance from a push. Not malicious but I can just about fathom how he's given it. The penalty on the other hand......

I agree with that.

If Andre is on his own and goes through Leadbitter then it’s a red card. But he went through Leadbitter because he was pushed while trying to prod a ball away.

Pronouns: He/Him

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 22:09 - Nov 3 with 1217 viewsChurchman

Looks soft to because Dozzell was concentrating on the ball and in ‘real time’ I don’t think he even saw the player. The player also did a great job making a meal of it. But AD is off the ground and the ref saw it is diving in and as such, auto red card 3 game ban. I’ll be surprised if ‘how great I was at Dortmund’ Lambert will bother to appeal and sadly, I think he’s wasting his time if he does.
Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 22:23 - Nov 3 with 1175 viewsArgyle_blue

That’s a yellow 99/100. Poor decision. Wasn’t overly high and didn’t think out of control. Two players going in - clumsy but nothing more. Ref didn’t look up to it all night - some very poor officials in this league.
Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 22:31 - Nov 3 with 1153 viewseddiespearitt03

I,m probably the only one who thinks Lankester is at fault by playing Dozzell into trouble....Whats wrong with passing the ball back or out wide or taking the ball away to find space ?
Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 22:34 - Nov 3 with 1144 viewsEireannach_gorm

Not saying I agree with it but I can see how he gets a red. Looks like he goes in with both feet and jumps in a touch, however it mainly looks that way as he's off balance from a push. Not malicious but I can just about fathom how he's given it. The penalty on the other hand......

I mistakenly gave you an up arrow. I intended to comment that you can see from the photo that he did not go in with both feet.
Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 22:39 - Nov 3 with 1123 viewsHerbivore

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 22:34 - Nov 3 by Eireannach_gorm

I mistakenly gave you an up arrow. I intended to comment that you can see from the photo that he did not go in with both feet.

Pretty sure the ref didn't give it based on one still image.

Edit - and it does look like he's gone in with both feet in the pic in any case.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 22:40]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 22:47 - Nov 3 with 1104 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 21:50 - Nov 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Only possibly a yellow if the ref hadn't let all the persistent fouling from Sunderland on Lankester and the strong challenges from McGuinness go without a yellow at all.

Dozzell protested because he couldn't believe he had given a free kick. The yellow would have been very harsh. A red is utterly ridiculous.

Possibly true actually. Ref was letting a lot go, which I personally don’t mind, but then swings the complete opposite way and shows a red that.

*scratches head in disbelief*

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 00:46 - Nov 4 with 1064 viewsbournemouthblue

I didn't realise the tackle was on Leadbitter. He then goes and scores the winning penalty after an equally dodgy decision.

What have we done as fans to deserve such injustice?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 10:52 - Nov 4 with 988 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 21:54 - Nov 3 by Vic

My first impression is that AD launches himself into the tackle, both feet off the ground. The photo suggests the same.

If the ref saw it that way he has to give a red.

You need to get to the opticians before they shut tomorrow. Dozzell's right foot is on the ground the entire time.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 10:59 - Nov 4 with 979 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

His right foot is on the floor. Not sure how you're seeing him going in with two feet.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:05 - Nov 4 with 967 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 22:39 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

Pretty sure the ref didn't give it based on one still image.

Edit - and it does look like he's gone in with both feet in the pic in any case.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 22:40]

If you look at the clip above rather than a still image, his right foot is on the floor when he makes the tackle. It only comes off the floor from natural momentum.

Why on earth would you go with a still rather than actual footage that tells the whole story?

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:49 - Nov 4 with 940 viewsHerbivore

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:05 - Nov 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

If you look at the clip above rather than a still image, his right foot is on the floor when he makes the tackle. It only comes off the floor from natural momentum.

Why on earth would you go with a still rather than actual footage that tells the whole story?

Look at the post I was replying to, they mentioned the still.

I am using my eyes, Dollers. We just disagree on how we. See it. I repeat that I don't think it should have been a red but I can see how the ref made the decision and I don't think there is any chance it gets overturned on appeal.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 12:03 - Nov 4 with 924 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:49 - Nov 4 by Herbivore

Look at the post I was replying to, they mentioned the still.

I am using my eyes, Dollers. We just disagree on how we. See it. I repeat that I don't think it should have been a red but I can see how the ref made the decision and I don't think there is any chance it gets overturned on appeal.

Ok, so using your eyes on the clip rather than the still, does he go in with both feet or his right foot on the ground as the tackle is made?

I agree, BTW, any appeal will fail. They'll want to back their man... and if Toto's red at Sheff Weds is anything to go by, we've got no chance.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 12:22 - Nov 4 with 908 viewsHerbivore

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 12:03 - Nov 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

Ok, so using your eyes on the clip rather than the still, does he go in with both feet or his right foot on the ground as the tackle is made?

I agree, BTW, any appeal will fail. They'll want to back their man... and if Toto's red at Sheff Weds is anything to go by, we've got no chance.

It's not planted on the floor, no. It's low to the ground but he looks like he's tackling with both feet. I think that's down to him being off balance and getting a shove and there's no force in the challenge, hence it not being a red, but at first look I can see why the ref thinks he's jumped in.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 12:26 - Nov 4 with 903 viewsKropotkin123

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 21:33 - Nov 3 by Ftnfwest

He gets pushed over from behind by the Sunderland player

At first I thought two feet off the ground, it is a red. But I think you are right, that push is what took the standing leg off. I don't think it will be overturned though, I think they will take one look at the two feet and decide on that.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 12:34 - Nov 4 with 893 viewsitfcjoe

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 12:26 - Nov 4 by Kropotkin123

At first I thought two feet off the ground, it is a red. But I think you are right, that push is what took the standing leg off. I don't think it will be overturned though, I think they will take one look at the two feet and decide on that.

it's also a ref who had let so much go, so many challenges worthy of a yellow card didn't get one.

If the ref had booked 4 or 5 players prior to it then it would be more understandable, but the first card was a red one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 12:38 - Nov 4 with 882 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 12:22 - Nov 4 by Herbivore

It's not planted on the floor, no. It's low to the ground but he looks like he's tackling with both feet. I think that's down to him being off balance and getting a shove and there's no force in the challenge, hence it not being a red, but at first look I can see why the ref thinks he's jumped in.

It's not planted, no, because he's running. But it's his left foot he's sticking out to try to win the ball. He's not sticking out both feet to try and win the ball.

The ref could argue, at a stretch, that the left foot is dangerously going towards Ledbitter's shin. Both feet aren't though.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 12:47 - Nov 4 with 861 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 12:34 - Nov 4 by itfcjoe

it's also a ref who had let so much go, so many challenges worthy of a yellow card didn't get one.

If the ref had booked 4 or 5 players prior to it then it would be more understandable, but the first card was a red one

indeed. And what tells the story even more is the absolute surprise by everyone - commentators, both sets of players, all of us watching (I presume, as i can't see into your houses!) It was completely out of the blue, not just because of the nothingness of the challenge but, as you say, everything that had gone before.

Normally before an ITFC red card, and several yellows, or a challenge in our box, I'm worried. I wasn't remotely concerned in the immediate aftermath of this incident.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 12:55 - Nov 4 with 843 viewsHerbivore

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 12:38 - Nov 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

It's not planted, no, because he's running. But it's his left foot he's sticking out to try to win the ball. He's not sticking out both feet to try and win the ball.

The ref could argue, at a stretch, that the left foot is dangerously going towards Ledbitter's shin. Both feet aren't though.

Both feet don't need to be going over the ball, if you're going in with both feet you can be deemed to be out of control and dangerous. The left foot is also high. At first glance I can see why the ref thinks it's a dangerous challenge but it all comes from him stretching and being knocked off balance and there's no force or malice in it. It's a more understandable decision than the penalty, which was really ridiculous.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 13:01 - Nov 4 with 829 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 12:55 - Nov 4 by Herbivore

Both feet don't need to be going over the ball, if you're going in with both feet you can be deemed to be out of control and dangerous. The left foot is also high. At first glance I can see why the ref thinks it's a dangerous challenge but it all comes from him stretching and being knocked off balance and there's no force or malice in it. It's a more understandable decision than the penalty, which was really ridiculous.

At worse his standing leg slips; he doesn't 'go in with both feet.' But let's agree to disagree there.

I totally agree with the pen being even worse. I haven't actually seen that back but my impression at the time was it hit McGuinness in the face - not even his hand!

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 14:23 - Nov 4 with 789 viewsHerbivore

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 13:01 - Nov 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

At worse his standing leg slips; he doesn't 'go in with both feet.' But let's agree to disagree there.

I totally agree with the pen being even worse. I haven't actually seen that back but my impression at the time was it hit McGuinness in the face - not even his hand!

It hit his hand on the way to his face but his arms weren't in an unexpected position and he wasn't even looking. Ridiculous decision. We're not even massively disagreeing on Dozzell, I don't think he should have been sent off but I do kind of see how the ref made that call even if ultimately it was the wrong call.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 16:55 - Nov 4 with 748 viewsArnieM

Looking at the tackle , I can see it looks very much like a two footed one. Is that a straight red then?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 19:01 - Nov 4 with 710 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 16:55 - Nov 4 by ArnieM

Looking at the tackle , I can see it looks very much like a two footed one. Is that a straight red then?

No, it's one footed. The left, to be precise.

The other foot, aka the right, he's standing on when he makes the challenge.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 19:10 - Nov 4 with 708 viewsHerbivore

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 19:01 - Nov 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

No, it's one footed. The left, to be precise.

The other foot, aka the right, he's standing on when he makes the challenge.

If he's standing on his right foot then he's either got an incredibly flexible ankle joint or he's going to be out for the season.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 19:26 - Nov 4 with 701 viewsjas0999

Yellow card.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024