Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! 11:22 - Nov 23 with 2388 viewsunstableblue

They beat Cambridge on the weekend, without their best two players. Including their leading marksman who will have rested whilst we toiled and lucked out at Sunderland

They are the form side in the division, they are unbeaten in 17 matches

The had 55% possession on Saturday, 22 shots, 11 on target

They are gelled, settled, in the groove.

I’ll leave it to the Cambridge Manager to conclude:

“We’ve come up against a Championship team, who are outstanding, way above the level of any team we’ve played athletically this season.”

“ They’re a] powerful, aggressive, hard running, relentless and ruthless team. I’ll be amazed if they don’t get promoted, it’ll be a good side to finish above them. I thought they were excellent”

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 13:26 - Nov 23 with 549 viewsDubtractor

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:35 - Nov 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

Or he's just stating the facts. It will be a very tough game.

Of course it is a tough game.

But due to us losing against Plymouth and Sunderland, and drawing against Oxford, it's it's tough game we need to win.

It just feels like a season of excuses so far. We couldn't be expected to get results at the start as we were gelling. And now we can't expect to beat the good teams. We've blown other teams out of the water with our signings this year, and we need to start seeing something for it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 13:39 - Nov 23 with 524 viewsTooManyCooks

Will be a tough game, but winnable.

Cor blimey though, all this "if we don't win tonight, then the club and manager has failed" don't half get boring when it's wheeled out EVERY SINGLE GAME by the same half dozen people, jeez.

hedgehog flavoured cucumbers

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 13:51 - Nov 23 with 496 viewsHerbivore

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 13:39 - Nov 23 by TooManyCooks

Cor blimey though, all this "if we don't win tonight, then the club and manager has failed" don't half get boring when it's wheeled out EVERY SINGLE GAME by the same half dozen people, jeez.

It's interesting that you've put something in quotation marks that nobody has actually said.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No I'll give YOU some PERSPECTIVE on 14:17 - Nov 23 with 471 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

No I'll give YOU some PERSPECTIVE on 12:23 - Nov 23 by unstableblue

'They are Rotherham'

OK well 'we are Ipswich' and then me just clarify that

17/18 Season - 12th in league one, 15 points off the play-offs, -3 GD, playing some of the worst brand of football in living memory, boos and poison on the stands, manager sacked
18/19 - One of, if not, one of the worst managerial appointments in Town history, player dissent, new players completely out of their depth, relegation to Division 1
19/20 - Promising summer prep and early season form, then manager completely disconnects, and seems to be suffering from some deep issues, team falls apart and has no attacking potency
20/21 - Squad is now really unbalanced, inferior, and includes players who no longer want or should be at the club, repeat of 19/21.. stagnation, Cook fails to connect with dressing room, we finish 9th, 5 points off play-offs, 0 GD.
21/22 - 18 new players, complete rebuild of club on and off the pitch, loads of promise and some great displays, entertainment increasing, but our consistency is our inconsistency

And those five seasons what have Rotherham done? is it two promotions and dominating league one

So yeah - we are Ipswich...!!! wake up

We've been sh!t for years but some on here still haven't managed to deal with it.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 14:18 - Nov 23 with 462 viewsVaughan8

About time they lost then isn't it..........

In all seriousness, they clearly are very good. However, they can have an off day, we can have a good day. I'm not ruling out a win yet.
Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 14:24 - Nov 23 with 435 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 13:26 - Nov 23 by Dubtractor

Of course it is a tough game.

But due to us losing against Plymouth and Sunderland, and drawing against Oxford, it's it's tough game we need to win.

It just feels like a season of excuses so far. We couldn't be expected to get results at the start as we were gelling. And now we can't expect to beat the good teams. We've blown other teams out of the water with our signings this year, and we need to start seeing something for it.

We have seen something for it, just not consistently enough yet. We have certainly improved from the first 6 games - most people can see that. Which is proof right there that gelling was a thing and not just an excuse.

I said it at the time and got shouted down by a few who expected us to hit the ground running right from the get-go. It wasn't impossible but it was unrealistic.

It's not just making excuses, either, to lay out the facts about Rotherham, as the OP has done. No-one is saying "we can't expect to beat the good teams." We destroyed Wycombe and Portsmouth (who had an excellent home record) at their places. We may well win tonight, but it will be tough, that's all.

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 14:29 - Nov 23 with 423 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 13:39 - Nov 23 by TooManyCooks

Indeed, and the same lot who are crowing on here now will be either crowing even more tomorrow or going completely silent (or be chipping in with YEAH BUT WE HAVEN'T WON 3 IN A ROW OR SOMETHING). And you won't be able to predict which until about 9.45 tonight. It will literally just be on the result, which could easily be a win, a draw or a loss.

Dunno if Rommers is on here at the mo, but I reckon from a betting point of view he wouldn't go anywhere near tonight's game.

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 15:32 - Nov 23 with 376 viewsBlueBadger

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 14:29 - Nov 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

Indeed, and the same lot who are crowing on here now will be either crowing even more tomorrow or going completely silent (or be chipping in with YEAH BUT WE HAVEN'T WON 3 IN A ROW OR SOMETHING). And you won't be able to predict which until about 9.45 tonight. It will literally just be on the result, which could easily be a win, a draw or a loss.

Dunno if Rommers is on here at the mo, but I reckon from a betting point of view he wouldn't go anywhere near tonight's game.

Only regular on here who'll be pleased if we lose is Ulla.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 15:42 - Nov 23 with 360 viewsEly_Blue

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:42 - Nov 23 by clive_baker

They were arguably the best team at this level when they went up last time, it was men against boys when we played them in both the home and away games. We had enough of the ball but it was largely in our own half and we barely asked anything of them. They're arguably the best team in the division this season too.

Having said that they've lost 3 games so far, and they'll lose at least a few more over the remainder. If we have no reasons to beleive Ipswich away is capable of being one of their defeats this season then are we anything close to a top 6 side? And if we've spent the money we have, and can't go into any game at home at this level with a belief we can win, then we've failed, quite frankly.

Yeah but you want to play Woolfenden against the best crossing/long ball/physical team in the league so I’m not staking much on your opinion tbh

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 15:49 - Nov 23 with 351 viewsnoggin

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:24 - Nov 23 by MrTown

We know what they are, they are a good side.

Will be an easy nights work for them.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 17:47 - Nov 23 with 280 viewsclive_baker

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 15:42 - Nov 23 by Ely_Blue

Yeah but you want to play Woolfenden against the best crossing/long ball/physical team in the league so I’m not staking much on your opinion tbh

Imagine wanting to play a 6ft 4 centre half against that...

I wouldn't describe Rotherham as a lump and chase long ball side by any means. Direct at times, but in the channels they're very strong and work the ball really well. They're also probably the best side at this level at the high press, which is think might favour more of a technician and ball player defensively.

Either way it's not happening, Woolf was in the u23s yesterday. If Cook does spring a surprise anywhere I imagine it'll be Pigott.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 17:52 - Nov 23 with 275 viewsDurovigutum

At the start of the season they were 14-1 to go up, behind Sunderland, Portsmouth and us.

I put a few quid on them, despite being only a very occasional betting man.

I also had a few quid on Wycombe at 18-1.

It's not all good news, I chucked some pennies on Colchester too.
Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 18:39 - Nov 23 with 245 viewspeterleeblue

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:44 - Nov 23 by Bramidan

Trouble is we never seem able to compete with strong, physical, aggressive teams.

You've just described the majority of L1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024