Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! 18:05 - Dec 15 with 6215 viewsmartin12120137

I thought Roberts was terrible today can’t head, can’t hold the ball up doesn’t chase like Freddie or Jackson would, can’t pass was totally useless I thought. At least Jackson will chase everything and has pace!
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 18:10 - Dec 15 with 5163 viewsSarge

Suggest you open your eyes at the next game then
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 18:15 - Dec 15 with 5139 viewsgordon

What you on about, Roberts set up the only goal of the game
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 18:18 - Dec 15 with 5117 viewsgeg1992

Jackson is most effective off the bench as his pace can beat tiring defenders.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 18:24 - Dec 15 with 5087 viewsCurrie10

If you want clueless movement and Kevin Lisbie esque getting caught offside, Jackson is the man for you.

Going to take time to improve him. At the moment, not remotely good enough.
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 19:01 - Dec 15 with 4975 viewsCaptMickMills

Agree
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 19:50 - Dec 15 with 4885 viewsArnieM

Roberts did his best. Give the lad a break.

It would help if the bloody officials gave him s9me of the fouls that he was constantly on the end of throughout today’s game. Refs as usual utter garbage.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 19:56 - Dec 15 with 4858 viewscbower

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 19:50 - Dec 15 by ArnieM

Roberts did his best. Give the lad a break.

It would help if the bloody officials gave him s9me of the fouls that he was constantly on the end of throughout today’s game. Refs as usual utter garbage.

Agree the lad is certainly giving it his all and for that he should get credit. However, he is not good enough in that role and it is obvious to see that someone far more effective is a must early in January. He could prove useful from the bench for 15 -20 minutes now and then.

bluescouser

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:02 - Dec 15 with 4833 viewsArnieM

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 19:56 - Dec 15 by cbower

Agree the lad is certainly giving it his all and for that he should get credit. However, he is not good enough in that role and it is obvious to see that someone far more effective is a must early in January. He could prove useful from the bench for 15 -20 minutes now and then.

Yes I agree with you. Tbh it will interesting to see just how many of Hursts signings fair once Lambert brings in his players in January and in the summer. Personally i don't think we shall be seeing too many of them survive.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:10 - Dec 15 with 4805 viewsPositivelyPortman

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 18:24 - Dec 15 by Currie10

If you want clueless movement and Kevin Lisbie esque getting caught offside, Jackson is the man for you.

Going to take time to improve him. At the moment, not remotely good enough.

You played for your cub’s football team didn’t you?
That’s the limit of your insight.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:11 - Dec 15 with 4796 viewsericclacton

We need to drop you from a great height.

He's just doing a temp job.

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:15 - Dec 15 with 4780 viewsbackwaywhen

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 18:15 - Dec 15 by gordon

What you on about, Roberts set up the only goal of the game

I suggest you go to spec savers he slipped and the ball was knocked to Sears by a Wigan player ...Fact.
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:21 - Dec 15 with 4752 viewscbower

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:02 - Dec 15 by ArnieM

Yes I agree with you. Tbh it will interesting to see just how many of Hursts signings fair once Lambert brings in his players in January and in the summer. Personally i don't think we shall be seeing too many of them survive.

Think it will depend on the league we are in tbh. If we stay up then Nsiala, Roberts and possibly Jackson and Nolan will be moved on I reckon. If we are down, then he will have to work with them at a level they have (Jackson aside) already performed at. Still think Harrison would be better in this side than he was in Hurst's. Edwards flatters to deceive a little but he has been the best of a poor bunch of signings. In addition, Hurst's loan business was, quite frankly, appalling. Scraping around for Pennington on deadline day was frankly embarrassing. Graham just a panic, Edun clearly not a success, Walters unlucky probably but I suspect poor management of his fitness. Donacien, well it's beyond a joke really. Chalobah is a talent no doubt but not really what this team needed.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 20:23]

bluescouser

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:23 - Dec 15 with 4748 viewsmonty_radio

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:02 - Dec 15 by ArnieM

He was a freebie from L2. If he were from Mick's Emerald Isle, we'd have called him a punt (although he didn't cost any!). Hurst himself never played him as a hold-up; Lambert is finding that we don't have better there atm, and Roberts himself is trying as hard as he can - what's to knock?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:39 - Dec 15 with 4696 viewsgordon

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:15 - Dec 15 by backwaywhen

I suggest you go to spec savers he slipped and the ball was knocked to Sears by a Wigan player ...Fact.

What part of 'he slipped and the ball was knocked to Sears' are you having problems with
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:50 - Dec 15 with 4662 viewsPJH

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:23 - Dec 15 by monty_radio

He was a freebie from L2. If he were from Mick's Emerald Isle, we'd have called him a punt (although he didn't cost any!). Hurst himself never played him as a hold-up; Lambert is finding that we don't have better there atm, and Roberts himself is trying as hard as he can - what's to knock?

Hurst didn't play him at all.
As has been said Roberts cannot be faulted for effort but he is just not good enough to hold down a place in this league in that role.
A player that is good enough to hold down a place in this league in that role has got to be our top priority because I do not think Jackson is that player either.
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 21:24 - Dec 15 with 4598 viewsbackwaywhen

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:39 - Dec 15 by gordon

What part of 'he slipped and the ball was knocked to Sears' are you having problems with

???????? he said Roberts set up the goal ....he didn’t simple as .
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 21:41 - Dec 15 with 4554 viewsPilgrimblue

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:21 - Dec 15 by cbower

Think it will depend on the league we are in tbh. If we stay up then Nsiala, Roberts and possibly Jackson and Nolan will be moved on I reckon. If we are down, then he will have to work with them at a level they have (Jackson aside) already performed at. Still think Harrison would be better in this side than he was in Hurst's. Edwards flatters to deceive a little but he has been the best of a poor bunch of signings. In addition, Hurst's loan business was, quite frankly, appalling. Scraping around for Pennington on deadline day was frankly embarrassing. Graham just a panic, Edun clearly not a success, Walters unlucky probably but I suspect poor management of his fitness. Donacien, well it's beyond a joke really. Chalobah is a talent no doubt but not really what this team needed.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 20:23]

Well said my views entirely. PH put together a league 1/2 side and hoped for the best. It'll be amazing if PL can pull it off but I'm right behind him and the team.
I'd send all loans back apart from Penningtoon who I'd use as RB as we desperately need a dominant CB to help Chambo.
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 21:41 - Dec 15 with 4552 viewsjudespiveyg

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:50 - Dec 15 by PJH

As has been said Roberts cannot be faulted for effort but he is just not good enough to hold down a place in this league in that role.
A player that is good enough to hold down a place in this league in that role has got to be our top priority because I do not think Jackson is that player either.

Agree re Roberts, just don't think he does anything well enough whether that be in the air, on the ball or shooting and distribution. I'd start Jackson as he has raw pace if nothing else.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 22:06 - Dec 15 with 4501 viewsmonty_radio

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:50 - Dec 15 by PJH

Don't disgree with that. I think Murphy might well prove as good a temporary January fix as we're likely to get.

I was more responding to needless posting against Roberts, given the situation we're landed in and the effort he is obviously, even if fruitlessly, putting in.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 09:37 - Dec 16 with 4246 viewsCurrie10

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 20:10 - Dec 15 by PositivelyPortman

You played for your cub’s football team didn’t you?
That’s the limit of your insight.

Played the game plenty over the years and knew we were in all sorts of trouble this season before a ball had been kicked.

Read the game perfectly well thank you - Jackson's movement is poor, he gets caught offside too much and needs to improve. He will improve over time too.

Yet to see you offer anything of any substance on here.

Would love to watch you play the game as you don't have a clue what you're on about 100% of the time. Would be comical.

Go on then Mr Intelligent, ' enlighten me oh wise one ' .
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 9:38]
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 10:09 - Dec 16 with 4199 viewsreusersfreekicks

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 21:41 - Dec 15 by judespiveyg

Agree re Roberts, just don't think he does anything well enough whether that be in the air, on the ball or shooting and distribution. I'd start Jackson as he has raw pace if nothing else.

Nope our threat drops off when Jackson comes on.
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 11:10 - Dec 16 with 4151 viewsBrixtonBlue

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 09:37 - Dec 16 by Currie10

Played the game plenty over the years and knew we were in all sorts of trouble this season before a ball had been kicked.

Read the game perfectly well thank you - Jackson's movement is poor, he gets caught offside too much and needs to improve. He will improve over time too.

Would love to watch you play the game as you don't have a clue what you're on about 100% of the time. Would be comical.

PP is a troll, I wouldn't pay him too much heed.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 11:12 - Dec 16 with 4146 viewsBrixtonBlue

I don't know why you've got so many down arrows for this. He tries his hardest but unfortunately he's just not good enough for this level. No shame in that, and no problem saying what's clearly evident either.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 12:00 - Dec 16 with 4100 viewsTIB

He’s being played out of position and yesterday up against two massive CB’s. He did well considering, did think we may have nicked a second goal had Jackson replaced him earlier.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 16:30 - Dec 16 with 3993 viewsPilgrimblue

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 09:37 - Dec 16 by Currie10

At the moment Jackson only has pace to offer but it would help if he keeps his hands down as last game he started he gave away too many fouls. I hope he does improve and agree that he does offer something coming off the bench.
In the meantime we either use Roberts or Folami/Morris until January.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024