Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor Full Backs 20:45 - Mar 12 with 3821 viewsOCCOLD335

Defensively both our full backs are poor....Emmanuel especially...He needs to be replaced at half time......bad decision by linesman on the corner...I am sure he saw the ball was incorrectly placed and then he bottled it. First twenty minutes we looked good....we still have a chance...maybe two up front will help....keep the faith!!
Poor Full Backs on 20:48 - Mar 12 with 3787 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

God help us if we blame the ball being misplaced by an inch at the corner.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Poor Full Backs on 20:51 - Mar 12 with 3758 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am not sure the assistant referee did see it as he was looking into the area by the time the ball rolled away from the line.

Whether the ball was on the line or not was irrelevant to why that set play ended in a goal.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Poor Full Backs on 20:53 - Mar 12 with 3741 viewsNthsuffolkblue

As for the full backs, Bree and Knudsen are the best 2 we have at the moment. I guess neither is likely to be here next season.

Poor Full Backs on 20:53 - Mar 12 with 3734 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Poor Full Backs on 20:53 - Mar 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

As for the full backs, Bree and Knudsen are the best 2 we have at the moment. I guess neither is likely to be here next season.

Yep, think we are planning for life without them.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Poor Full Backs on 20:58 - Mar 12 with 3689 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Poor Full Backs on 20:53 - Mar 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yep, think we are planning for life without them.

As unpopular as it is i just dont see Emmanuel being good enough. Kenlock is a decent squad full back but i dont see Lambert having either first choice. They just aren't good enough however much we want them to be.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Poor Full Backs on 21:02 - Mar 12 with 3657 viewslmfcblue

Poor Full Backs on 20:48 - Mar 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

God help us if we blame the ball being misplaced by an inch at the corner.

Exactly.. it wasn't whipped in it was played short
Poor Full Backs on 21:05 - Mar 12 with 3624 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Poor Full Backs on 20:58 - Mar 12 by Terry_Nutkins

As unpopular as it is i just dont see Emmanuel being good enough. Kenlock is a decent squad full back but i dont see Lambert having either first choice. They just aren't good enough however much we want them to be.

I think Emmanuel is good enough for League 1. Whether he will ever be good enough for the Championship is more the question. Ideally we want players that will be if we are to compete at the top end of the league. I don't see much promise from Kenlock. For a defender he is OK going forward. If they are our first choice full backs next season I think we will need to have 3 centre backs.

Poor Full Backs on 21:13 - Mar 12 with 3576 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Only one way to find out ;-)

Login to get fewer ads

Poor Full Backs on 21:37 - Mar 12 with 3507 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Poor Full Backs on 21:13 - Mar 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Only one way to find out ;-)

I agree. I think Emmanuel has been particularly poor tonight. Nervous night for him. No issue with Lambert running the rule. Would love the lad to prove me wrong. Kenlock to his credit was largely poor but he never drops his head.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Poor Full Backs on 21:41 - Mar 12 with 3470 viewsSuperblue95

Both should be adequate for league 1. We will need to sign another right back and left back regardless though as all our other full backs will likely be gone
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 21:42]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

THEY BOTH HAD MUCH BETTER SECOND HALVES (n/t) on 21:43 - Mar 12 with 3405 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Poor Full Backs on 21:51 - Mar 12 with 3336 viewsRadlett_blue

But it's absolutely right to play them from now until the end of the season & then Lambert will have a decent idea of their ability. They are both out of contract in the summer, although Town have a 1 year option.
I thought Kenlock had an awful first half, but was much improved in the 2nd. Emmanuel did OK, although his lack of game time showed as sometimes he over-estimated how much time he had on the ball.
All well & good to say neither is good enough, but if we axe them, how are we going to find better whom we can afford & we'll hardly have any players at the club nest season at this rate.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Poor Full Backs on 22:31 - Mar 12 with 3235 viewsBLUEBEAT

Emmanuel definitely grew into the game and that’s the ‘toughest’ I’ve seen Kenlock play.

No complaints here.

Poll: W or W

Poor Full Backs on 22:33 - Mar 12 with 3214 viewsNazemariner

We already knew that Emmanuel wasn't particularly good though didn't we?
Poor Full Backs on 22:34 - Mar 12 with 3214 viewslinhdi

Poor Full Backs on 22:31 - Mar 12 by BLUEBEAT

Emmanuel definitely grew into the game and that’s the ‘toughest’ I’ve seen Kenlock play.

No complaints here.

I thought both FBs played very well, imposed themselves on the game, didn't get put off by a couple of errors. I'm happy with both, and they will only improve with experience.
Poor Full Backs on 22:52 - Mar 12 with 3172 viewsZedRodgers

I didn’t think the full backs had terrible games all things considered. They were okay going forward.

For me there was a real breakdown between the front three. Nothing was sticking and there was no cutting edge. Jackson seemed quieter after the knock at the start.

An okay performance again with signs of us becoming harder to beat, but in the words of Tim Deluxe: It just won’t do.

No, not at the moment

Poor Full Backs on 22:59 - Mar 12 with 3141 viewsnshearman1

Poor Full Backs on 22:34 - Mar 12 by linhdi

I thought both FBs played very well, imposed themselves on the game, didn't get put off by a couple of errors. I'm happy with both, and they will only improve with experience.

Agree with this. Some of the comments on here about the two FBs are just b******s.
Poor Full Backs on 23:03 - Mar 12 with 3126 viewsStNeotsBlue

Poor Full Backs on 21:37 - Mar 12 by Terry_Nutkins

I agree. I think Emmanuel has been particularly poor tonight. Nervous night for him. No issue with Lambert running the rule. Would love the lad to prove me wrong. Kenlock to his credit was largely poor but he never drops his head.

I disagree, there was one moment in the first half where he tied himself in knots and conceded a throw in, but in general he looked decent tonight.
Poor Full Backs on 23:29 - Mar 12 with 3071 viewsBogblue

Poor Full Backs on 22:34 - Mar 12 by linhdi

Exactly
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024