Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I call 'bullsh*t' 13:47 - Apr 16 with 1395 viewshomer_123

Wayne Hennessey did not know what Nazi salute was - FA panel

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47946382

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I call 'bullsh*t' on 13:50 - Apr 16 with 1373 viewsuefacup81

Christ on a bike.

Clearly advised to deny all knowledge of everything, in order to get off scot free. Can't someone pull out his yr9 coursework on the Nazis or something?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

I call 'bullsh*t' on 13:51 - Apr 16 with 1365 viewsDarth_Koont

This is a bit of an odd one though. It's not a Nazi salute, it's a Hitler salute complete with fake moustache. That's not what neo-Nazis would be doing because it's a "comedy" version.

It's certainly tasteless and potentially offensive towards his German teammate though.

Edit: His excuse that he didn't know is laughable of course.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 13:53]

Pronouns: He/Him

I call 'bullsh*t' on 15:09 - Apr 16 with 1261 viewsfactual_blue

It was the Olympic Salute. And the original USA pledge of allegiance salute, until that pesky FDR stuck his oar in.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I call 'bullsh*t' on 15:57 - Apr 16 with 1215 viewsPJH

I call 'bullsh*t' on 13:51 - Apr 16 by Darth_Koont

This is a bit of an odd one though. It's not a Nazi salute, it's a Hitler salute complete with fake moustache. That's not what neo-Nazis would be doing because it's a "comedy" version.

It's certainly tasteless and potentially offensive towards his German teammate though.

Edit: His excuse that he didn't know is laughable of course.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 13:53]

So he was doing a Basil Fawlty impression?
I call 'bullsh*t' on 15:59 - Apr 16 with 1207 viewschicoazul

I sort of wouldnt be surprised that a footballer in his early 30s simply didn't know who the Nazis were to be honest.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I call 'bullsh*t' on 16:00 - Apr 16 with 1199 viewsTIB

I call 'bullsh*t' on 15:59 - Apr 16 by chicoazul

I sort of wouldnt be surprised that a footballer in his early 30s simply didn't know who the Nazis were to be honest.

The Sun will be on the phone to his old History teacher as I type this.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

I call 'bullsh*t' on 16:39 - Apr 16 with 1170 viewsuefacup81

On top of all that, it seems that the chap who was taking the photo was a Mr Bussolini.

Yeah, Wayne Hennessey had never heard of the Second World War, and definitely wasn't making a Nazi/fascist gesture at someone who very nearly shared a name with a certain famous fascist...

I call 'bullsh*t' on 16:45 - Apr 16 with 1162 viewsSuperblue95

I call 'bullsh*t' on 16:39 - Apr 16 by uefacup81

On top of all that, it seems that the chap who was taking the photo was a Mr Bussolini.

Yeah, Wayne Hennessey had never heard of the Second World War, and definitely wasn't making a Nazi/fascist gesture at someone who very nearly shared a name with a certain famous fascist...

Exactly what I thought. Too many coincidences for him to have his arms positioned like that while shouting at someone called Bussolini. Laughable

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

I call 'bullsh*t' on 16:51 - Apr 16 with 1155 viewsclive_baker

That’s what I thought. Entirely plausible that he’s actually that much of a thick c**t.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I call 'bullsh*t' on 17:06 - Apr 16 with 1130 viewsJakeITFC

There is absolutely zero chance of that being the case.
I call 'bullsh*t' on 17:07 - Apr 16 with 1129 viewsuefacup81

I call 'bullsh*t' on 16:51 - Apr 16 by clive_baker

That’s what I thought. Entirely plausible that he’s actually that much of a thick c**t.

Given the fact that every school child for the last fifty years has been taught about the Nazis, and given that they're the go-to baddie for a whole host of films, I just don't buy it.

You're saying that Hennessey has forgotten everything he was taught in school, and has avoided the core content of Hollywood's 'manly' output since 1946?

I call 'bullsh*t' on 17:14 - Apr 16 with 1121 viewsclive_baker

I call 'bullsh*t' on 17:07 - Apr 16 by uefacup81

Given the fact that every school child for the last fifty years has been taught about the Nazis, and given that they're the go-to baddie for a whole host of films, I just don't buy it.

You're saying that Hennessey has forgotten everything he was taught in school, and has avoided the core content of Hollywood's 'manly' output since 1946?

I’m sure he would’ve studied English too but the bloke doesn’t seem to have too much of a command of that. Whichever way you cut it he’s an ignorant pr1ck, either for not understanding the offence it would cause and directing his gesture towards a camera and a German teammate, or for being aware of all of that and choosing to do it anyway.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024