Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin 10:01 - Oct 18 with 6720 viewsElderGrizzly

[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 10:01]
So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 14:48 - Oct 18 with 1115 viewsBlueBadger

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 13:35 - Oct 18 by Swansea_Blue

In case you hadn't noticed, Brexiteers are utter wangers. By Brexiteers, I mean the people who have made this happen, not the impressionable people press have conscripted to support the Brexiteers' dream .

Although, the impressionable people who refuse point-blank to listen to facts such as 'it's going to be more expensive and red-tapey to do business, it says so on the government's own website' are pretty wangy, let's face it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 14:52 - Oct 18 with 1107 viewsBlueBadger

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 12:09 - Oct 18 by Dubtractor

I'm not sure how your post could have been misunderstood really buh.

Because this new chap is really quite thick?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 15:04 - Oct 18 with 1097 viewsThe_Last_Baron

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:09 - Oct 18 by Guthrum

The EU will be as keen to cobble something together before that happens as they have been now. They still won't want No Deal in two or three years time.

Plus there is a reasonable chance a hard-line Brexiteer Conservative government may not be in power by the time we get there.

Boris is odds on to win a decent majority in the upcoming election, whether this deals goes through or not.

Labour are a shambles, the Lib Dems are mad and the Brexit Party will only be in a position to hurt Labour candidates.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 15:06 - Oct 18 with 1089 viewsDarth_Koont

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 14:00 - Oct 18 by Swansea_Blue

Do you mean a conflict/tension between the EU and UK politicians or the public? It fits for the politicians, as this has almost exclusively been an internal Tory matter for as long as I've been alive.

The tragedy is that 'the people' have never been bothered about our EU membership, 'the people' versus the EU is a new construct. Farage and the right wing press banged away with their lies over the years, but UKIP support was small and this didn't translate into voter concerns. The EU only became a matter for widespread public interest when the referendum was announced, and has steadily increased the 'sides' have been wound up by the organ grinders (and immigration has been made a cornerstone of the Europe (non)debate):

The majority have been dragged into this by a lunatic fringe, but it's affecting all of us and will distort the priorities in this country for years to come.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 14:04]

Sure, I think they care about it more because it's the dominant debate. But the largely false idea that the EU had too much to say about the UK was always background noise and a huge feature of the right-wing press.

That's why UKIP and Farage would always clean up in the European elections and Take Back Control was emotionally so satisfying for many as a message.

Pronouns: He/Him

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 15:15 - Oct 18 with 1069 viewsEireannach_gorm

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 14:00 - Oct 18 by Swansea_Blue

Do you mean a conflict/tension between the EU and UK politicians or the public? It fits for the politicians, as this has almost exclusively been an internal Tory matter for as long as I've been alive.

The tragedy is that 'the people' have never been bothered about our EU membership, 'the people' versus the EU is a new construct. Farage and the right wing press banged away with their lies over the years, but UKIP support was small and this didn't translate into voter concerns. The EU only became a matter for widespread public interest when the referendum was announced, and has steadily increased the 'sides' have been wound up by the organ grinders (and immigration has been made a cornerstone of the Europe (non)debate):

The majority have been dragged into this by a lunatic fringe, but it's affecting all of us and will distort the priorities in this country for years to come.

Very telling chart.
So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 17:13 - Oct 18 with 1019 viewsBlueBadger

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 15:04 - Oct 18 by The_Last_Baron

Boris is odds on to win a decent majority in the upcoming election, whether this deals goes through or not.

Labour are a shambles, the Lib Dems are mad and the Brexit Party will only be in a position to hurt Labour candidates.

Much like with UKIP, the Blue Passports and No Foreigners party will do more blue-on-blue damage than they will anyone else.

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 17:37 - Oct 18 with 997 viewsm14_blue

Isn’t it depressing how easily ‘the people’ have been manipulated by a small group of right wing charlatans and our wonderful British press?
So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 17:39 - Oct 18 with 999 viewsNotSure

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 15:04 - Oct 18 by The_Last_Baron

Not sure about your 2nd paragraph but the 1st is spot on.
I can't see any outcome tomorrow that hurts the Tories ... and that's a bit sad really!
Login to get fewer ads

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 19:30 - Oct 18 with 950 viewsSwansea_Blue

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 17:37 - Oct 18 by m14_blue

Isn’t it depressing how easily ‘the people’ have been manipulated by a small group of right wing charlatans and our wonderful British press?

Yes it is, it really is. It’s one of the biggest issues we should be tackling, but obviously the politicians court the press to further their cause and careers. So odds on decent regulation are slim (see reaction to Leveson inquiry).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 23:46 - Oct 18 with 906 viewsTractorWood

The beeb were saying £33bn?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 00:11 - Oct 19 with 889 viewsGuthrum

Or ... Labour have a lot of hard-core tribal support, the LibDems will sweep up the Remain vote and some of the moderates, the Brexit Party will take all the hard Brexit/No Dealers from the Conservatives.

Result - Hung Parliament. And with whom to the Tories then ally to create a majority?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 00:30 - Oct 19 with 868 viewsSibelius8

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 12:23 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

If the article does not touch on economic forecasts relating to the deal or to our loss of rights (freedom of movement as just one example) I'd suggest it's not neutral. The fact it's title is something on the lines of 'Why Boris' deal is better than May's' also isn't an indicator of a neutral report of simple detail.

Wasn't it a Spectator article as well? The Spectator aren't known for being neutral, they're the PM's former employer and are unashamedly right of centre. The inability to critique news sources is a huge issue in this country currently, as you've nicely demonstrated.

No. The article does not mention any forecasts. That's the point. It merely reports the facts of the deal.

I have absolutely no personal opinion on this. Perhaps, you just don't get this. (I know I sound like a lawyer - but it's important to differentiate between opinion and facts)

Never mind. There is a difference between voicing opinions (which you no doubt, justifiably, feel strongly about) and analysing, objectively, a statement.

I do respect your opinion, nonetheless. But, as you say, the inability to "critique" news sources in a balanced way nowadays is a problem that you have also demonstrated very well.

Sorry to sound so patronising. But I mean well. Believe me.

Anyway, my good wishes. We are, after all united in supporting our team with passion and a sense of belonging. Personally, I hate non-football posts........
So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 00:55 - Oct 19 with 846 viewsHerbivore

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 00:30 - Oct 19 by Sibelius8

No. The article does not mention any forecasts. That's the point. It merely reports the facts of the deal.

I have absolutely no personal opinion on this. Perhaps, you just don't get this. (I know I sound like a lawyer - but it's important to differentiate between opinion and facts)

Never mind. There is a difference between voicing opinions (which you no doubt, justifiably, feel strongly about) and analysing, objectively, a statement.

I do respect your opinion, nonetheless. But, as you say, the inability to "critique" news sources in a balanced way nowadays is a problem that you have also demonstrated very well.

Sorry to sound so patronising. But I mean well. Believe me.

Anyway, my good wishes. We are, after all united in supporting our team with passion and a sense of belonging. Personally, I hate non-football posts........

Oh dear.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024